Prequel Update

No prequel thread yet? Really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We've been banished to /trash.
Have fun with the maggots.

>we were strong enough to forcefully flip over a table when we first got telekinesis but know we're to week to throw a bowling ball
I really wish this comic would stop pretending that the main character or the readers have any agency at all because its honestly really goddamn frustrating

You see, if we were smart we'd leave commands for Katia to begin lying to her about being tipped off by a Daedric Prince and make Sigrid think she's a bigger deal than she is, then maybe she'd fuck off for a bit to look into that.

>nothing happened yet again
Why even make a thread, op? Its apparent Kazerad has lost his spark with the comic. And hes just crapping out these things while he collects money from his latest merch run while he still can.

Choo choo, motherfucker

Any clever idea you come up with will be nullified if it doesn't lead to whatever kaz already has planned

I've lost all interest in prequel when kaz's slow as fuck updates killed it.

If we come up with something so bullshit that it surprises Kaz, then we might be able to nudge the story.

I think I'm falling for Sigrid's charisma, all her cute expressions and casual dismissal of Katia's accusations and attempts at escaping like the Khajitt is just a stubborn child are way too endearing. Top tier villain writing desu

>Tfw not friends with Sigrid
>Tfw not special friends with Sigrid

that's just Kazerad roleplaying as her.

>semi-regular updates again after two years
Still a little hard to believe.

Buy it, nerd.

How long till everything goes to shit?

Two years.

Next update i bet.

Before the inevitable
>BUH IT'S NOT RAILROADED IT'S A STORY STUPID
posting, the problem is that Katia isn't allowed to fail on her own terms. Every option she has is nullified or otherwise 100% thwarted so she isn't allowed to have any sort of meaningful struggle.

>>we were strong enough to forcefully flip over a table when we first got telekinesis but know we're to week to throw a bowling ball

She helped the table with her hands. Her telekinesis has always been kind of weak.

>Why even make a thread, op? Its apparent Kazerad has lost his spark with the comic. And hes just crapping out these things while he collects money from his latest merch run while he still can.

I like the comic! I'm just still re-learning how to be fast.

need an edit of her picking her nose with the stick

I wish you'd give less panel-time to the suggestions that treat this like a game where every bad thing has a solution to prevent it rather than a kind-of-railroaded choose your own adventure ("Look in the barrels! check your inventory for the 20th time!"). The moment she got caught in the trap it was clear we were going to meet sigrid again, and that's fine, characters talking to each other and learning new things about them is a big part of what makes a story fun. there's no sense wasting your limited number of panels a week humoring the polite fiction that this is an open-ended ttrpg session, IMO.

That was when she went full magic-retard. She hasn't been able to do anything that much since then.

I wouldn't necessarily cut those out. When all the rational choices are ruled out, I think the "gaming" options are doing a good job of adding to the danger of her situation.

>comic is exactly as it has been for fucking ages
>rather than stop reading, people just bitch endlessly
I'm getting exactly what I came for, I dunno what everyone else's problem is.

Just to confirm, we are still going to be watching a cat cry, right?

I did stop reading.
That's not gonna stop me from discussing the problems its had (and apparently still has if it hasn't changed at all) with people.

>Sup Forums is exactly as it has been for fucking ages
>rather than stop browsing, (you) just bitch endlessly

You know, reddit is a nice place for people that enjoy to share what they like without hearing about any kind negative comment or criticism.

youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

>Kaz Defeners
look, I wouldn't be reading if I wasn't enjoying what I read, but christ, Kaz fully admits that 2 years ain't how any of this is supposed to work.

I want to fuck Sigrid

Nigger what? There's even downvoting over there, so you know how many people don't like your opinion even if they don't have the balls to say anything about it. What a stupid thing to say.

And I thought being locked in the store attic was drawn out and boring.

downvoting things means they get hidden, no one is negative because their comments are downvoted by the mob and vanished.

It's really funny how you never even once address any criticism that you fail to allow this story to actually progress in any meaningful direction, and instead are content to retread the same ground over and over again

>It's really funny how you never even once address any criticism that you fail to allow this story to actually progress in any meaningful direction, and instead are content to retread the same ground over and over again

The way I see it, there isn't much value in just cordially acknowledging someone's criticisms. The better question is whether I can alleviate them in future pages - e.g. make you look back on something and say "yes, this works".

Your feelings are essentially a metric of my success, and I don't want to discourage you from sharing them, nor do I want to show favoritism toward any particular response. If I seem like I'm ignoring you, please just interpret it as me having no desire to bias you. Basically, I'd love for you to just be you and keep doing what you're doing, and I hope my silence doesn't come across as unappreciative.

God, I feel like I'm still typing like Sigrid. The above paragraphs are legit, not manipulative, I swear.

>I wish you'd give less panel-time to the suggestions that treat this like a game where every bad thing has a solution to prevent it rather than a kind-of-railroaded choose your own adventure ("Look in the barrels! check your inventory for the 20th time!"). The moment she got caught in the trap it was clear we were going to meet sigrid again, and that's fine, characters talking to each other and learning new things about them is a big part of what makes a story fun. there's no sense wasting your limited number of panels a week humoring the polite fiction that this is an open-ended ttrpg session, IMO.

The issue is, if Katia didn't acknowledge those type of thoughts, it wouldn't be in-character for her. To her, this IS a game that has a solution. She's holding on to hope that there is some solution that can get her out of problems. She might be /wrong/ (it wouldn't be the first time), but it's still sort of her thing.

Really, a lot of the story is Katia disliking railroads in some form or other.

>The issue is, if Katia didn't acknowledge those type of thoughts, it wouldn't be in-character for her. To her, this IS a game that has a solution. She's holding on to hope that there is some solution that can get her out of problems. She might be /wrong/ (it wouldn't be the first time), but it's still sort of her thing.
>
>Really, a lot of the story is Katia disliking railroads in some form or other.
Thanks, that's an interesting insight into the work, makes a lot of sense even if my desire for more-story-faster makes me wish it weren't so.

strange, I thought Sup Forums was for western comics and cartoons

I think Sup Forums as a whole has changed. People used to make fun of Sup Forums as the local hugbox, but now they're just as bitter as every other active board.

That doesn't make sense. Mob mentality goes both ways. Someone can be toxic as fuck, but if they make a coherent post, they can get upvoted if they appeal to the crowd while expressing a negative opinion.

>Basically, I'd love for you to just be you and keep doing what you're doing, and I hope my silence doesn't come across as unappreciative.
You don't appreciate it or you would address it. You've replied to me and you STILL dodged it. For fucks sake, let something actually fucking happen, rather then just tease progression only to pull it away like lucy from the peanuts

I think this is the first time I saw there was an update and didn't feel any temptation to even check the site. I'm here to bitch exclusivley now.

Because in all honesty what's the point of checking the comic? We knew the moment that ball fell Sigrid was going to show up and monologue and take Katia's stuff and it wouldn't matter. Because Sigrid can't die or have any lasting harm come to her due to metaplot, and Katia is the main character and if she dies the story is over.

My interest in actually reading this comic basically died the moment that cage went down. Because that was the moment that essentially established that no matter how obvious the bait was, how much literally every reader didn't want that option, and how much it makes no sense for it to be done to begin with, it was going to happen solely to drive an artificial plot along.

At this point if I were you I wouldn't even humor him. He's had this conversation probably literal hundreds of times. He's still done the same fuckin thing every chance he gets. Don't give his website the hits, don't give him the benefit of the doubt, in all honesty we shouldn't even be replying to this thread. There comes a point where someone should just run out of chances.

>kaz
>not being manipulative

I feel like we should have Katia take off his robe and just try to wait, at this point.

As long as she doesn't listen to Sigrid she shouldn't get mind controlled. If the speaking levels go like in Oblivion, Katia has currently a very low disposition towards Sigrid, and in oblivion the only ways to improve someones disposition are speaking, bribes, personality potion, spell or enchantment

That would happen if people were willing to risk ideas they dont like being accepted, but thats not Reddit. The radical groups scramble to silence any post they cant use as a strawman by spamming downvotes on the posts that ate inconvenient to their ideology and the upvote system means only the agreeable and unanimously accepted opinions reach exposure. It's tailor made to enforce echo chamber mentality, and the mods there have a long history of enabling or outright enforcing that.

Doesnt look like it but Sup Forums has a level of freedom you cant find in other big sites.

I feel like Kaz is going to ignore every suggestion from us and will instead keep going on a predetermined path he chose.

I mean, I'm cool with that. As long as he updates.

yeah, freedom to shitpost and spam and get away with it by turning off your router for five minutes if you get banned.

How did Kaz manage to make Sigrid so cute?

>I mean, I'm cool with that
Why? Even ignoring when the updates come out, the pace is absolutely glacial, and his predetermined path is a circle

What the fuck was all of that about? Just make some progress with your danm comic already.

That's not true. She's getting a little better. It's more like a spiral

She can't even use her brain at all when Kaz decides there's been too much meager success and that it's time to reduce everything back to zero. Why not use telekinesis to pull the thing off of the pedestal? Because then she wouldn't have gotten stuck in the trap I guess

I Love You.

We're not going to buy your merch, kaz

I like it when Things Happen In A Story rather than people sitting around cracking jokes with their dicks in their hands.

More Prequel? Yay!

And that's bad because...

I suppose what he meant was it only takes one shitter to fuck everyone over

If Kaz is going to railroad then at least he needs to update more quickly, or stick to his two-week schedule but increase the length of his updates. At this rate it's literally going to be a year before we get out of the cave. Infiltrate was almost three months ago. I wouldn't be upset about the fact that nothing Katia says or does can have any effect if it weren't for the fact that your expectations get built up so much between updates and there's basically no payoff.

But on the topic of Katia's predetermined story, I think Kaz's choice of medium was a failure in the end. The fact of the matter is that the voices in Katia's head come from hundreds, thousands of savvy gamers and internet users who've consumed literal tonnes of media in their lives. There ARE good ideas in there. There are plans and ideas that are so good that they'd make Katia the ruler of the world if she listened to them. In order to maintain his status quo, Kaz has to intentionally ignore ideas that would allow Katia to do well, which, generally speaking, defeats the point of an input system at all. Especially given that he hand-picks the ones that get made, meaning that, essentially, only things he wants to do happen. In which case, why couldn't he just write the plot on his own?

So Kaz has gotten rid of the two most important reasons why you'd want an input system - the ability for readers to meaningfully affect the story in good and mad ways, and the sheer chaos that comes from writing a story via public forum.

I know Kaz is attached to the idea that Katia is coming up with these ideas and trying them, and having the readers submit them is core to the aesthetic of the comic, but it's really a huge waste of the medium in general. Even MSPA stopped accepting user input when Hussie realized there wasn't any point to it.

Never been the case, we all contribute to our horrible, disgusting home together.

>implying that one guy obsessed with Lexington isn't the reason Gargoyles threads usually get deleted or moved to trash on sight
>implying those two anons ERPing over Scavs isn't what got Out of Placers threads moved to trash permamently
Actually, it usually is one fuckup who ruins it for everyone else. Like that retard who posted all the K links in the Mega threads and got them all wiped.

My fucking ass that's what it is.

If you gave a shit about these things you would ask for clarification and examples, not outright ignore them. It would function as good PR while also allowing you to get a better sense for what it is that people are upset about. The reason you ignore them is because you don't intend to address them, and asking for clarification and then not doing anything would look bad for you.

Seriously, fuck off with that. You've been at this for years. If you cared, you'd have bothered to give Katia big failures she earned by now instead of making her major setbacks beyond her capacity to control. I don't care that this cat goes nowhere, I want her to try and fail because she's shit, not because the narrative demands it.

Dear Kaz, PLEASE stop taking the advice of people here. Just keep making the cat cry and ignore these people. Thanks.

You say that as if he takes advice from people here.

Yeah, I too wish he'd just drop the guise of the commands actually doing anything anymore. Except from what he already had in mind. Don't think we'll ever see a command to something similar like when Dmitri got killed. Hell, just write fake ones that don't get shot down at this point. Not like any of us can see who legitimately submitted anything worthy of using anymore like back when this was on the MSPA forums.

>Look up pic for posting
>Dmitri died 6 years ago
Where the fuck has the time gone?

That kind of attitude is how we get nowhere with this comic.

Collective punishment is always bullshit.

Western comics and cartoons actually update. This comic does not.

I just gave Kaz $11 for some candy, how mad are you?

>I just gave my wife to Kaz how mad are you?
You should be mad at yourself.

People seem to not really get how these things work at this scale
Kaz doesn't need to specifically ignore suggestions, he gets enough of them that he can essentially just write whatever story he wants and choose the suggestions that fit it afterwards.
And there's really no other way to handle it at this scale, because someone is going to say "go right" and someone else is going to say "go left" and at the end of the day you have to choose the one you think is going to make the better story.

>comic gets an update
>"it never gets updated!"

The updates are just a collective fever dream.

The updates shouldnt be acknowledged for the next 2 years as a punishment

Why would anyone be upset that you bought candy you won't get for a few months?

>It gets updated...from 2 years
He needs this time to make ILLEGAL sales

sooner or later you will get a cease and desist up your ass Kaz

With all the money bethesda lost on their jewish revenge fantasy game, I'd expect them to be hungry for any blood they can find

> jewish revenge fantasy
Is there some kind of ebon meme I missed, or is this just edge?

Wolfenstein II

Shit is there even any kid alive who knows what a Nazi is they were enemy soldiers in a war. That's it. beyond "they're bad mmkay"

To be fair the new wolfenstien games looks pretty shit, for some reason they seemed to think that the thing people care most about in wolfenstein games is the plot and then made a shitty plot anyway.

Who's edgy now?

New Order was okay, but this newest one is dumbed down and super short, 6-8 hours and half of it is cutscenes. Plus BJ's a jew now, and the game is filled with anarcho communist propaganda.

The New Order was good because it was a seamless transition of Wolfenstein/Doom-style gameplay into a modern shooter. The plot wasn't incredible, but it wasn't shit, just a nice cherry on top of a fun action game.

Wolfenstein 2's idea of refinement is removing all but three enemy types when there were previously about seven in TNO, making the levels super vertical instead of horizontal so that dozens of enemies are shooting you from all sides, butchering the health/armor system so that running and gunning gets you killed in seconds, and making a stronk black womyn who rants about balls a central character.

tl;dr The New Order was a fantastic pro-Doom (the new one), Wolfenstein 2 is a regression in every way.

>BJ's a jew now.

Ask me how I know you've never played a Wolfenstein game.

World war 2 was over 70 years ago. Everyone personally involved is senile, dying or dead. It's literally obscure history to the target audience (teenagers flunking out of history class) much like the fabled moon ""landing"" that no one alive can admit to have actually ever seen

Thank you Sup Forums, it's taken 3 years but we're finally confronting Kaz instead of just sucking him off.

only ONE thing needs to happen to Sigrid.

Gif very relevant

I hope you're not implying that he was back in the old games

He was the son of a Polish Jew from day 1, so yes.

Nigga just point a laser at the moon, they left a mirror there

> mirror
As if! Point a laser at the moon and half a dozen SWATs will bust your ass for trying to shoot down their B2s. They don't want you to know the mirror isn't there.

Just polish, not a polish jew

actually loled