Who's better? Not some moronic idea of who would win, just who is better?

Who's better? Not some moronic idea of who would win, just who is better?

Your question is even more idiotic than "who would win?" There are a million different ways of saying who is "better." Are you asking for people's personal favorites? Who has more good stories? Who has a better character concept? Supporting world? Unless your goal was just to start a companywar shitpost thread, you're a complete moron.

Better at what? They both have completely different goals, operate completely differently, work in different types of settings, and face a contrasting rogue gallery. I can't fucking understand why these two are constantly compared all the time. Spider-Man and Batman aren't even street-level in the strict sense of the word.

I hate you, user.

This is completely subjective and depends on personal preference and can only be analyzed on a run by run basis. Everyone report this faggot for attempting to give his homosexuality to us

The one who didn't sell his marriage and his future daughter to the devil.

Growing up with the animated series I liked Batman's grounded realism and Spiderman's more sensational stories, and the fact that Spiderman didn't always necessarily win.

Tie for me.

Also I love Batman's villains gallery more than any other superhero's
Such a varied eclectic bunch, all with different goals and motivations

What a daft question. I prefer Spiderman

That was MJ with the ultimate say. Peter was sorta backing off from the choice.

Superman

BatGod

Spider-Man for not plotting the downfall of everyone he teams up with

Batman is better and is liked by better writers and such, he gets better and more important books.

Or having the better protection of said plans. Seriously, Bruce's super computer is way too easy to crack.

(((important)))

Batman runs his city. Peter can barely keep his life in order.

Spiderman is a better person. Unless we're talking about '''''Ultimate''''' Spider-Man AKA Asshole Universe Spiderman.
>B-But One More Day
Peter Parker is a better person than Bruce Wayne. If only because Peter still has his sanity. Bruce does a lot of moral posturing, but all it really amounts to is 'I have to do everything MY WAY' and 'I don't kill people because if I did I would go crazy'. He's a bigger control freak than Superman, and making him the hero of Injustice instead of the villain was a mistake, because it pretends Batman's all about freedom when he's not. Batman is HFY at it's worst in everything other than the animated series.
Runs it my ass. Gotham is a shithole. It's always been a shithole. It's always going to be a shithole. The fact that that goes for New York too doesn't detract from that. At least NY has Broadway. Gotham has Fake Major Industrial Company That Has All This Tech But Can't Accomplish Shit #437.

Oh, right, I forgot about Iron Man, who is probably the runner-up for Overrated Asshole in comics. He just magically creates all of these suit plans out of thin air because he's a SUPERGENIUS and SUPERGENIUSES can do that kind of thing, even though that's not how tech works at fucking all.
And of course he's rich, why not? He owns Fake Major Industrial Company That Has All This Tech But Can't Accomplish Shit #436, conveniently located in the middle of the arguably most influential economic city in the world.

>>B-But One More Day
>proceeds to ignore the fact that this manchild is a child killer
Gotham is a shithole the same way New York is in marvel. Batman has dedicated his life to saving people because he wants to protect the smiles of innocent children, Spider-man is just an egomaniac on a guilt trip because his dying uncle that died (indirectly) because of him told him to be a betetr person. Batman has trained lost children so they can be heroes, he's donated billions to charity and funded the Justic League so they can continue protecting humanity, while Spider-man keeps running away from his problems, turns down team ups and stuff because he sees himself as "le cool loner" and whines because he doesn't have money to buy video games or some shit. Trying to imply this neck snapper is a better person than Batman is a fucking joke.

>Neck snapper
Really? This coming from "the votes are in, Jason Todd dies in an explosion after being beaten to near death by a crowbar"?
>Spider-man is just an egomaniac on a guilt trip because his dying uncle that died (indirectly) because of him told him to be a betetr person.
One of the major spoiler pictures for the board is "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD". If anyone has their head haunted by ghosts, it's Wayne. He even fucking calls himself Batman. Not Bruce Wayne. Batman.
>Batman has trained lost children so they can be heroes
Great track record there. I'm sure Damien would agree with you.
>he's donated billions to charity and funded the Justic League so they can continue protecting humanity, while Spider-man keeps running away from his problems, turns down team ups and stuff because he sees himself as "le cool loner" and whines because he doesn't have money to buy video games or some shit.
Batman has consistently shown that he doesn't trust any of the other Leaguers, he barely trusts the Batfamily, and has bitched out in the past when EVERY OTHER founding member agreed to do something. Like turn themselves in to the govt in Justice League Unlimited, or help an alternate Lex Luthor in Crisis on Two Earths.

>Really? This coming from "the votes are in, Jason Todd dies in an explosion after being beaten to near death by a crowbar"?
What? Did Batman put it up for vote?
>One of the major spoiler pictures for the board
Holy crap dude, what an argument. Spider-man used to whine about "muhh uncle ben" just as much as Batman did about "muhh parents". Probably more actually.
>Great track record there.
Yep, all alive and saving the world on a daily basis.
>Batman has consistently shown that he doesn't trust any of the other Leaguers
Those are rare and even then he's still right. In a world full of mind controlling villains, having contingency plans is a NECESSARY idea.
He was right not to want to turn himself in BECAUSE THEY WERE BEIGN FUCKIGN SET UP. And it's not wrong to not trust a Lex Luthor. In the end he comes through and helps his team.

Following up on this, you know what? I don't even care any more. Given how longrunning these comics have gone on, everyone's been an asshole so often that it's easier to assume the character in question is gonna be a jackass today and be pleasantly surprised when I'm wrong.
>What? Did Batman put it up for vote?
As much as Spiderman deliberately calculated that his webbing would snap his girlfriend's spine INSTEAD of saving her.
>Yep, all alive and saving the world on a daily basis.
Guess Gwen Stacey being alive as Spider-Gwen counts too.
>Those are rare and even then he's still right. In a world full of mind controlling villains, having contingency plans is a NECESSARY idea.
Batman has been mind-controlled too, not that it's ever been actually used because muh infinite willpower enough to Green Lantern, muh prep time (as much or more than Spidey).
And on the idea that Spiderman whines about actual human problems, maybe and just maybe it's because he wasn't born into a billionare playboy philanthropist position a la Iron Douche and didn't have the time and money to do whatever the fuck he wants and have every contingency plan gift-wrapped and put on the corporate budget.

Okay, Batfag user, I'm sorry.
I just really really fucking hate Iron Man because he's a smarmy dick that gets applauded for being a smarmy dick and Batman reminds me a lot of Iron Man due to their parallel qualities.
Plus I'm really goddamn tired of seeing Batgod memes and Batman being treated as this incorruptible invincible pure bastion of good when he does some neccesarry dirty work and isn't perfect.

>As much as Spiderman deliberately calculated that his webbing would snap his girlfriend's spine INSTEAD of saving her.
Not the same thing. Also, Spider-man is supposedly a genius, he should know better
>Guess Gwen Stacey being alive as Spider-Gwen counts too.
Alternate universe
>actual human problems
He whines about chick problems and not having enough money because he's an irresponsible manchild.

>Batgod memes

How many times people has to tell you that batgod and prep-time batman are not the same interpretation.

>Not the same thing. Also, Spider-man is supposedly a genius, he should know better
I don't really see why not. Bats is allegedly a master strategist, but his partner winds up killed and he doesn't make it in time.
>Alternate universe
Lazarus pit. He legit got plot-deviced back to life.
>He whines about chick problems and not having enough money because he's an irresponsible manchild.
He's also lacking things like training by ninjas, a butler, and in some continuities a steady source of income.
They treat them like the same thing at times. Nothing drives me up the wall faster than someone saying "Well, Batman would have prepared for that," or "He's in peak human condition, give him a break," or even "muh utility belt". Well, except maybe for people that claim he's "just human but can still fight Superman". No, his unlimited-budget super suit with kryptonite radiation generators is what fights Superman.
IIRC there was a pic going around that had Superman throw Batman into the sun and this turned the sun's light into Kryptonite radiation, obviously at the cost of Batman's death by contact with a star. That there is fine. What pissed me off were comments that complained that Bats wasn't using a body double instead so that he would be alive.
That's Batgod shittery in my book, and I can't fucking stand it. You can't have it both ways. He's either a street-level master detective who has human vulnerabilities or have him be a perfect ubermensch who always has everything under control and fights forever.

He was also 16 at the time.

>he doesn't make it in time
Is not the same as psychically and directly snapping someone's neck.
>He legit got plot-deviced back to life
Sure, but he's alive. You're arguing semantics
>He's also lacking things like training by ninjas, a butler, and in some continuities a steady source of income
Maybe Spider-man just doesn't DESERVE those things

>Is not the same as psychically and directly snapping someone's neck.
Oh, well, maybe he should have just LET Gwen Stacy fall to her death instead. Sure. That puts him in the moral right.
Just like Bats held that canister holding the cure for Joker's affliction in Arkham Asylum for just long enough for the Joker to lunge at it, instead of handing it over immediately, like Joker literally begged him to.
>Sure, but he's alive. You're arguing semantics
What's one dimension to another? Cable seems to be just fine at this point in time. Relatively speaking.
>Maybe Spider-man just doesn't DESERVE those things
Maybe Batman doesn't deserve being born into the Wayne family. Maybe Spiderman doesn't deserve having the Goblin constantly fuck up his life, or Batman doesn't deserve what happened in Death in the Family. Coulda Shoulda Woulda is obviously unimportant to you, given how Bats gets a pass for Todd but Spidey totally killed Gwen Stacey guys, it wasn't the Green Goblin.
Whatever. I give up, this conversation is obviously going nowhere fast and I have better shit to do.

>Oh, well, maybe he should have just LET Gwen Stacy fall to her death instead
Or maybe he should've, I don't know... saved her? You know, like a hero does?
But still, I don't get your point, is falling to her death any different from having her neck snapped? still death.

>Plus I'm really goddamn tired of seeing Batgod memes and Batman being treated as this incorruptible invincible pure bastion of good when he does some neccesarry dirty work and isn't perfect.
How is that any different from angry Spider-man meme? Or the Spider-man would be the smartest man in the MU if he wasn't lazy. Are you Op? made the thread saying it's not about power levels so you can then proceed to bitch about power levels?

>Unless we're talking about '''''Ultimate''''' Spider-Man AKA Asshole Universe Spiderman.
Motherfucker Ultimate Pete was the only good person in that universe

>Spiderman is a better person. Unless we're talking about '''''Ultimate''''' Spider-Man AKA Asshole Universe Spiderman.
Ultimate Pete is genuinely the best person in that whole fucking universe. He's such a top bloke that he makes everyone else look even shitter just by how brightly he shines as a person.

I kind of wish Spder-Man was more like Batman, in the sense that I wish there was more going on with his villains as mentally fucked people and their dynamic with an equally fucked mentally hero. I find Spider-Man cooler, but feel like all too often many of his villains come off as easily squashed jokes, taking a backseat to whatever he's dealing with with any girlfriend he has atm. This is why I liked Venom in the early days, he was not a guy Spider-Man got in the way of and stopped, he was someone Spider-Man couldn't escape. I get sick of Spidey wrapping up villains like a piece of cake as filler while it's really about his personal and social issues, I know that is part of the appeal, but I just think it could be better.

Man Batman is pretty better than Spidey in the case of terms of doing good things but Spidey is more relatable. While Batman has tech shit, Spiderman is always upgrading his stuff and it feels homely and it doesn't feel forced or basically hold up. It feels like you're learning with Spiderman.

Ultimate Pete came back to life, then he said, "Fuck responsibility, I died for it. Black Spider-man can do whatever I did, I'm going to fuck Mary Jane for the rest of my life."
Unless something changed.

I like Spider-Man better.

But I'd say Batman is better qualitatively better because he's more versatile.

You can stick Batman basically anywhere and it works. Chalk that up to the weird nature of silver age books and his status as a Justice League member.

You try to flex like that with Spider-Man and you end up with garbage like Slott's run where he's some kind of military industrialist super spy and it all feels intensely out of character and weird.

He was way overconfident and was very young. Read the dialogue as he's pulling Gwen up. Only to come to the sheer shock that she died.

Pissed off Peter comes around in once every blue moon to when he is really pushed to his limits. Its rare to not see him cracking a joke to where his villians even get fearful.

Runs it to the ground maybe.