Body horror Alpha Flight Storytime (issues 30, 45, 46, 48, 49)

Somebody requested it in the horrifying shit in comics thread and I am bored

This run isn't very well regarded, but I like it, it's a mess. Like a mix of a book from the 70s with 2000s Claremont with no editorial control, and you get to see a very different and Mecha-Transformer Madison Jeffries, very different to the one I guess most people know from the X-Men books of the Cyclops in Utopia years.

please bump once you are done reading

Yo, I remember when I ran this, no one was reading and I was talking to myself haha

it surprises me (not that no one read, just that it has been storytimed before)

Yeah, it was part of my big ass storytime that I'd really like to go back to but around this time of year it's always a bitch. Just a couple more weeks!

ill do age of Apocalypse next week's weekend

That's fine, I'm nowhere near that. Inferno was next but I still need to download the non-X tie-ins.

I have the whole AoA shebang in digital btw, if you're interested. Hell, I even have the friggin' ashcan thanks to one of those wonderful KAT torrents, rest in peace.

I have it all, I only don't have Legion Quest but I don't really want to storytime that, I want to go straight to the crossover

I am South American and Canadians enlisting to fight in Vietnam seems weird to me, unless they are both very anti communist, which would have been interesting but was never mentioned

Gotcha. Let me know if you want anything, I have quite possibly every X-Men comic ever in digital, to the point it's become a liability hah
Fuck, I even have the X-Men manga based on the 90's cartoon... I wonder if I'll get banned when I get to that.

Alpha Flight 45, this stuff has many recaps that I don't feel bad about jumping from 30 to 45

self hating manlet

To be fair, you'd be pretty bitter too if you were victim to such a shitty retcon.
Man, that was dumb. I think that's when I checked out of Mantlo's Alpha Flight.

I think I like this arc because I must have some fratricide fetish (I also love how Alex hates Scott in AoA), and because I must have some mecha transformer fetish.

Very Claremont moment. He was a woman for years if Iam not wrong.

alpha flight 46

women are constantly horny in this comic thinking of fucking their team mates

such slutshaming wouldnt be allowed nowadays

here Jeffries becomes box

Alpha Flight 48

I think Purple Girl is a villain in jail right now. Last time she was seen was a few years ago in the X-Force that had Hope. She copied Purple Girls powers.
Making her a villain because her father is one is pretty dumb.

Northstar was pretty obviously gay all the 80s

Agreed.

the last issue of the storytime, 49