Damn, this show was DARK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1j1ely4YoY
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI
youtube.com/watch?v=c5SrTHDmtfs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kth2T6YIp48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It lacks good waifu's and fetishes

That episode disturbed me as fuck when I was a kid.

Is this courage? Best show ever.

>It lacks good waifu's and fetishes
It makes it up with great characters and plots

There wqs something disturbing on a fundamental level about Muriel being driven to suicide from consistent emotional abuse.

If you are a furry there was that episode about a lesbian couple of anthro animals.

if you dont mind her other form

I always liked that whenever courage had a problem with a ghost or problem he just literally looked up what to do on the internet.

Also that computer room was comfy as fuck.

Is it just me, or are there not any shows close to this?
I mean, in the 90s and 00s, there were a good portion of shows aimed at kids, yet could be characterized as "horror". But i don't think i can name one show or movie like that the last five years.

Was Quentin going for her feet first?

Not Sup Forums but there was "R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour" back in 2010-2014

That makes it good, but bad by Sup Forums standards.

>lacks good fetishes
user, I'm not implying you have shit taste, but

>be accomplice in mass murder
>released early for good behaviour
That got a kek out of me as a kid

this fucking scene

That flan episode made me hate flan even more

>Courage villains ranged from the average B-movie silly monster to physical manifestations of one's insecurites
truly a 10/10 show

I think Flapjack and Gravity Falls were intended to pick up where Courage left off, but honestly I'd say you're right, there really hasn't been an honest attempt at horror for children.

Quick Sup Forums! How do I get rid of bad eggplants?

Is he the best yandere character ever made?
How can anime girls compete?

R.L Steins goosebumps and

youtube.com/watch?v=N1j1ely4YoY

Courage in general had a lot of adult themes and plot lines that would go over kids heads. Depression, spousal abuse, prejudice, existential crisis and so on are examples of the subtext on some episodes.
Courage never spooked me like some people say it did (I never understood why "THE SLAB" is so infamous, the mummy's design was cool but I thought the haunted windmill episode was spookier) but that shit right there was the one that always got me and it always got me good. Everytime I would see that episode I would get instant nightmares and would sleep with the lights on.

This episode was the absolute most uncomfortable thing ever.
It felt like I was being shave-raped by Freaky Fred.

"You're not perfect" and the creepy ass violin girl when Courage goes to the big city scared me the most as a kid. Man, Bushwick can go fuck himself. The mummy didn't really scare me either back then so much as I felt bad for him cause I thought Eustace was an asshole.

It still amazes me that Courage's arch nemesis was a straight up serial killer. Like not even an over the top "I'm gonna take over the world!" villain, just a fucking down to earth sociopath.

this

Closed my eyes every time I knew he got to that room

yo, i bet the creator was ON DRUGS HAHAHAHAHA WACKY

>giant alien jailbait episode with vore

>furry
>lesbian
kek

That girl was the only part of this show that actually legitimately scared me as a kid.

I disagree.

>Fetishes

user!

>I think Flapjack and Gravity Falls were intended to pick up where Courage left off
Riiiight.

THE MAN IN GAUZE
THE MAN IN GAUZE

I fucking loved "The Tower of Dr. Zalost." Fucking unnerving in the right ways, and seeing Courage come up against a villan who had nary a weakness was great.

Ragsville

That fucking creepy ass roach guy in the city episode scared me

Awww, come ooon

BOXERS

You see that door?
You dont wanna know what's behind that door.

You see those bones?
You dont wanna know what made those bones.

I got to rewatching this on Netflix recently, was surprised how many episodes aged so well, though the first couple episodes aren't as good as later seasons.

It's a goddamned crime that the OST never got released.

>That episode where bananas are skinned alive to be eaten by a giant gorilla

good

Slab was so remembered because it was in the first season so got repeated the most in reruns.

>Muriel is being turned into a crazy monster
>My face when Animorphs gave me a budding tf fetish and I see this

God, some of these episodes are ruined for me.

>that episode where the scarecrow chases Courage in a thresher

youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI

>This whole episode

For me none of the freaky stuff in the series proper could ever top the scene in the pilot where Space Chicken offed that last chicken.

>gagging noises while struggling for it's life
>CRACK

That shit was visceral!

Still waiting on the Japaneses to make a Courage show but with their monsters and myths but Muriel as hotty cake or a gmilf who just get grope by the monsters most of the time

Mike Tyson Mysteries comes close to Courage in terms of horror.

The creator wasn't on drugs. Courage used Surrealism pretty well, something modern creators don't understand.

it was sarcasm, dumb guy

Car broke.
Phone, yes?

>play on illegal aliens
Wew lads.

Yeah, that was the only episode I couldn't watch as a kid. The rest could be scary, but the pilot was horrifying.

The Harvest Moon Head was the only thing that genuinely scared the SHIT out of me as a kid.

That was such a freaky compositing of live action and animation.

This. Ultimately Courage was shit.

Which was the worst Courage episode and why was it the one where Muriel gets turned into a washing machine, Eustace into a crane with a wrecking ball and Courage into a helicopter?

I didn't see this show until a bit later.

It amazed me with the writing. Especially the tower of Dr Zalost.

I remember when they were giving away free fridge magnets just as I was getting into this show...And I managed to get the "choose courage!" one.
Damn was I ever thrilled with that. Especially since of all the ones they had in the cereal boxes, that was my favorite. Lost it in the move though.

Shit was tame compared to this.

Nope, not gettin' out of this chair.

Not a farmer

>You have grown more than a plant. Happy planting.

>that episode where the paper cut-outs sucked the life out of Muriel and Eustace

large marge?

Jesus I forgot all about that one

>yfw

What about the episode about those teddy bear aliens who were looking for a giant worm who was the pet of a even bigger alien child?

That sucks because, honestly, I find horror aimed at children to be scarier than horror for adults. When you're aiming at an adult audience you have free will to put as much gore and sex as you want, which makes the whole experience shallow and predictable. Horror for kids is more restrained and thus it needs to be creative in order to instill real fear.

That episode that ended with Muriel and Eustace ended up as puppets and Courage had to put a performance just to maintain a semblance of normality in his life fucked me up as a kid.

IIRC that was one of the first episodes to paint Eustace in a sympathetic light.

Multiple episodes before it hint at him being the favorite of his family. He's a failure while Horace was successful and died living a fulfilling life.

Dilly is a fantastic guy

dont even get me started on this shit

I hate this board so much.

I found him funny as a kid.

>"You wanna know what made those bones?"
>"You don't wanna know what made those bones."

The music from the end of that episode is also still stuck in my head decades later.

Tulip was a cutie

> not wanting to smash old green gypsy dog cookie
gay

>that episode where the Chinese empress wanted to steal Muriel's bones

>Also that computer room was comfy as fuck
What? That room was barren as fuck, probably got cold and he has a shit chair

I always thought it was "the man-god".

Don't feel bad. Young me heard 'the managaws', which sounded at the time like some kind of mythological creature

>that episode where Shirley summons the fucking child of Yog-Sothoth from the center of the earth to get Muriel to talk

>That episode where Eustace and Muriel were turned into puppets and courage ended up insane

My friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5SrTHDmtfs

Why did he put the yoyo back?

>the fly that sucks out muriel's life

>the pollution dome advocate

fuck, that's deep.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kth2T6YIp48

>yfw 4:00

For safekeeping of course. Makes sense to stash it there once he found it.

You want to know what's behind that spoiler?
You don't want to know what's behind that spoiler.

You want to know what made those reaction faces?
You don't want to know what made those reaction faces.

>literally my first jumpscare. made me flip the fuck out

Me too, man. That was the worst one by far.

>that episode with the subterranean organ monster that digests people alive if they fail to entertain it