Is this show actually good or it's nothing more than "le christians are dumb and hypocritical xDD" edgy fedora core...

Is this show actually good or it's nothing more than "le christians are dumb and hypocritical xDD" edgy fedora core? I'm 3 episodes in and the self-indulgence is getting tiring very fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RksP2GrmJBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The self indulgence goes away. the show is good.
the lasting consequence of the actions of the characters fucks you up

i think the payoff is very good. the first season and well into the second season it is episodic ribbing at christians, yes.

I wholeheartedly think you should see it through to the very end. You might be surprised what it does to you.

Just keep watching, trust me. The first season is probably the weakest but the direction the show goes in later episodes is pretty unexpected and you need to watch the whole show in order to really feel the impact of it, it’ll be totally worth it once you get to the 3rd and final season.

Keep watching, the payoff is definitely worth it, and it does get better on season 2, one of my top 3 cartoons ever

It's not really edgy fedora stuff. Moral is a genuinely good guy.

Things get pretty good in season 2

Moral Orel has nothing at all against actual christians. What the show doesn't like is people who USE christianity as an excuse to be shitty to each other.

It only starts out as a Christian mocking thing. As it goes on it becomes more deep and experimental. It's often depressing and is about things like dysfunctional families, repression, alcoholism, etc., moreso than religion. It's very very good. And it has a happy ending.. and it's implied Orel is still a (non-hypocritical) Christian when he moves away and starts his own family.

It makes me sad that there will probably never be another show like this. Adult Swim thought it was getting too dark and not funny enough. Why is it that all Western animation for adults has to be just funny all the time? Anime is allowed to do serious or dark subject matter sometimes, but Western stuff has to always be dumb shockjock humor like Family Guy or stoner comedy.
youtube.com/watch?v=RksP2GrmJBA

this
the whole series ends up being how Orel - this silly, naive, curious, kind, empathetic, and forgiving person - survives the worst of all trials and emerges a loving person nonetheless.

sup

Honestly it doesn't bash religion at all it makes fun of people who are shitty and twist religion into something bad.

>edgy fedora core
At its worst it's closer to silly-irreverent robot chicken skits, it doesn't push some kind of anti-theist agenda. Stop sipping the Sup Forums juice and you might enjoy things a little more.

Some might call him a doormat for this description.

Given the shit he went through with his dad, it's amazing he's not even close to nihilistic.

>everyone agrees that it's just edgy fedoracore
Sup Forums confirmed for not watching animation. They probably all just saw the first episode or two.

Exactly.

Because even in the final episode, it's implied he's still a Christian

That's weird because the few times I have been there, they like it

>yfw WHY DO YOU QUIT WORKING ON ME?!

Straight from Adult Swim via their History of Adult Swim block in November

>Moral Orel is one of the smartest shows we ever made, and it got darker as it went along. Mike [Lazzo] shut down production in the third season to protect the innocent puppet he loved so much from a sad and depressing life

honestly, dont watch the rest. id hate a good thing go wasted inside your low attention span

its not even christian are dumb and hypocrtical, its people can be mislead, take things too literally or become to strong in their convictions.
its easy to just laugh and think how stupid these things are, but the reality is that people in real life really get worked up that way and cant see the big picture. its not wrong to have beliefs, its wrong to get so into them you forget about anything else or start walking into abortion clinics with automatic rifles