What if Disney brought DC from WB?

What if Disney brought DC from WB?

Capitalism was a mistake.

no, it wasn't. Excessive governmental control is.

Then they'd have a pretty conclusive stranglehold over the film and television industry.

yeah, if only the west was communist
then we'd have no dc or disney to bother us at all

>if you're not a fan capitalism, you're a commie bastard

What are you, 12?

How do we stop them?

What does the government have to do with a mega-corporation trying to have a monopoly on superhero movies, or anything that millennials like in general?

Stars Wars was purchased. Spiderman was purchased. X-Men was purchased. Marvel was purchased. They'll try to swallow every recognizable brand they can find.

nice counter!

>Wonder Woman, written by Gabby Rivera

Can you imagine?

this
communism is cancer
that is true, though
You made a general, stupid meme-ish argument to my new thread.
I made a general reply to yours.
I agree, it was rather mature by Sup Forums standards
Holy menstruation!

Agree, Free Market mixed economics with hyper radical anti monopolization laws curbstomp capitalism in every way imaginable

No I didn't, dumbass. Then again, I don't expect any sign of intelligence from someone who blames corporatist monopolies on "excessive gubment control".

This.

Monopoly laws would have to hit at that point. There’s only so far Disney can stretch the bounds of believability. But then again, Diamond distribution is getting to monopoly levels and nobody gives a shit.

>No I didn't, dumbass.
So your argument against me calling your post general is posting a screencap your your post and mine?
Are you mentally challenged?

Free market mixed economies are still capitalism

Hahahaha holy fucking shit, you're braindead retarded.
Do you see a (You), dumbass? If there isn't any (You) in any reply to a post, then that post is mine. Go blow your brains out.

>then that post isn't* mine

What were you replying to, then?

They will eventually. Does it mean Billy gets his name back?

It's impossible! Disney is going to rule this world and there's not a damn thing we can do about it!

Money, trade and enterprises aren't exclusive to capitalism.

It's the "hyper radical monopolization laws" which removes makes it uncapitalistic. Maybe you could also make a law which gives every politican a strictly enforced restraining order against all buisness owners which accumulated a certain wealth.

none of those exist in commieland

Yes they did lmao, ignorant dipshit.

1. Learn english
2. Nope

Just saying "no" over and over again isn't an argument, bub. You're indirectly admitting to talking out of your ass that way.

You lack self-awareness.

And you lack brain cells.

*lick

Calm down tumblr

The point of of what user is trying to imply is that monopolies are rarely a good thing.

Based Disney wouldn't want those shitty characters

They only want things that can actually sell

>Free market
>Anti monopolization

Wut

You do realised that if a company gets too big, it is going to have a financial implosion so large that the company will cease to exist? Think of it as obesity. instead of health problems, that company is going to have a massive Financial problems. A corporate fall out equivalent of a
Heart Attack might be the inability to juggle so many franchise and brands that the company cannot decide which to fund or keep operations up. They can end up closing such brands that they risk losing more than what they initially paid for.

Take a look at the ancient roman empire. They grew too big that they fell victim to their own corruption and collapse. What is not to stop Disney from dying from it's own corruption from within if it grows too big?

Nothing would change as the comic-production is basically paying for itself through its monopolist arrangement and all Disney cares for are the IPs.

This is why monopolies in a truly free market (aka no gubmint intervention) are very difficult to establish.

inb4 monopoly =/= complete control of resource

Experiment Prototype World Of Tomorrow

Monopoles limit the free market, user. In order to achieve the highest degree of freedom in a market, they need to be eradicated with full force.

Nah. There's still Warner Brothers, Universal, Sony, Paramount, mini-majors like Lionsgate and MGM, and there's Troma, of course. . .

If you're looking for something to be concerned about, I'd start asking why it's okay for people like Netflix and Amazon to also be getting into the production side of things. It was made illegal for somebody to own movie theaters and movie studios a long time ago because it was a ridiculous advantage. Movie theaters could and would prioritize their own pictures well above anybody else's. Yet the way things are now, a movie studio needs to use a service like Netflix or Amazon, and both Netflix and Amazon are making their own content and shilling it all over the recommendations and sites, giving them a huge advantage over other content creators.

fuck no
go troll somehwere else
>netflix and amazon are independent and that's bad
nope

How about free market, and that’s it.

>Diamond distribution is getting to monopoly levels and nobody gives a shit.
Because nobody gives a shit about comics.

>Implying I troll
M8, if you have a monopoly you are basically unaffected by the free market. Everyone with half a brain will work for you and those who try to compete will either be bought or destroyed throught bullshitty means.

>t. youtube economist
Monopoly does not mean "unaffected by the free market". It just means that you have security. You're basically the dummy with +500 bonus that everyone tries to shoot. You can either continue producing at the rate which made you a monopoly (whihc is very, VERY difficult) or your company will succumb and someone else will own part(s) of the market.

Business isn't "attend one meeting and become a millionaire".

No, Netflix and Amazon are acting both as exhibitors and content creators. It's like if Sony and Disney owned all the movie theaters.

I'd be 100% okay if Disney bought the film rights from WB. But keep the comics, television, video games, etc. away from them.

ueah, that's what I'm saying.

WB has already sold itself, including DC and it's IP.

Stop being as stupid and mentally deficient as this.

Superman will be black. Batman gonna have black child. Wonder Woman will get a new haircut and spandex suit.