Storytime

Storytime

I'm going to be disappointed if this isn't about Cap playing a game of Capture the Flag.

HA

Why can't comics be this simple and good again?

Chris Samnee is so goddamn good.

I guess the real hero today is the principle of leverage.

How much vibranium does wakanda have left if it keeps popping up in America? Is T'Challa doing Oprah style giveaways with that shit?

Fuck you Kraven.

Dude, do you just have a room of extra TVs just so you can keep doing that?

No, I assume that virbanum is a product that supervillains must import from the black market because of Wakanda's strict isolationist policy.

Not sure if the civilians will blame cap for this or not.

They're going to blame the bad guy. Captain America is pretty liked. It helps he pretty much beat an evil version of himself on live television.

>a little north of Atlanta
>humid but nice

Wouldn't know that seeing all the snow outside right now.

I dunno, I kinda like the idea of talkshow T'Challa going AND YOU GET VIBRANIUM AND YOU GET SOME VIBRANIUM!

I want theses kinda stories for my kids.

Is it just Marvel New Yorkers that are huge assholes? I mean more than usual.

New Yorkers in real life are huge assholes due to the stress of living an an expensive state, run by a retard for a mayor and a two-faced governor trying to complete his daddy's legacy.

Mavel civilians always seem much nicer outside of NY.

Because that would be boring just like this comic was. Besides, Waid will fuck this up before his run ends.

That's because they don't experience any of the bad things that happen in the Marvel universe. All of the heroes are overwhelmingly concentrated in the NYC area.

I'm fairly certain they do, just not on a day-to-day basis. World-changing threats don't care if you're in a stuffy city or podunk town, it's just that we see what happens in NYC more often when shit goes down.

I'm pretty sure that people living outside the city can handle some punk wearing a costume trying to rob a gas station, or a small town bank. I chalk this up to modern Marvel writers being over reliant on NYC as a setting for their stories.

Some asshole in a costume, sure, but even Rhino would be a problem they can't handle.

Sauga River is in Estonia?

>Kill an Avenger on live TV
>think he'll have a moments peace ever

Guys way above Swordsman's powerlever will be hunting him down full time if he succeeds. It will be great for his rep, but the end of his career.

that sword looks really off

He'll be the king shit for whatever little time he has left, that's all that matters to him because he's an egotistical fuck.

I think Waid is trying to do with Cap what he did with his abominable DD run.

>Mark Waid
NOPE

After two issues of this, one thing I've noticed is a very clear lack of Marvel Civilian Derangement Syndrome.

Maybe they all love him because they all preferred life under Hydra?

>run by a retard for a mayor and a two-faced governor

Sad but fucking true. Have either of them ever showing up in the comic, other than Maria Hill making fun of DiBlasio in Pleasant Hill?

His DD run was fun as fuck though.

No, Secret Empire was so bad that Marvel had to get rid of all the politics, stupidity, and crossovers to win back fans with Marvel Legacy.

Neither of them have shown up, I've only seen anti-Trump messages in recent comics, even in Ms. Marvel despite Kamala being from NJ, a state that's even more messed up than NY. Rather than go after Christie, or any of the inner city mayors of Jersey, Kamala's book attacks trump because it's cool.

> Kamala's book attacks trump because it's cool.
It's because she's muslim. It's literally the only book where attacking trump is actually arguably appropriate.

Trump has nothing against Muslims. As long as they don't support ISIS, or any other terrorist group backed by Sunni governments, then Kamala's family should be fine.

Go back to Sup Forums, poopy pants

He has said that he both wants a total muslim ban and that he'd consider a muslim registry, and generally speaks of all muslims as being ISIS. I really don't want to turn a Sup Forums thread into Sup Forums so I'll just leave it at that.

yes.

SWIKK

I would like to add that Trump is an old school New Yorker, they're generally not afraid to say what's on their mind. People are only afraid of Trump because his blunt way of speaking is way too different than the coldly calculated way that people from Washington speak.

Waid is just a DC guy.
He's also as autistic as Johns and Tomasi, and thinks comfiness passes for a good story.

So basically what was said in There's being blunt, then there's being an obnoxious cunt, and I haven't met a single New Yorker that didn't warrant a punch to the throat. Could be confirmation bias though, but whatever, they need to keep that shit attitude in their city.

This issue was OKAY at best.
>hero exists
>villain pops up to fight him
>hero defeats villain, with no tension or lessons learned
>arrest the villain so he can come back later
It’s so bland that I would call it terrible, but honestly it’s a miracle there were no politics in here at all.
Thanks marvel.

So, “a good first start”, sure, I guess.
They’ll fuck it up though I’m sure.

How did he take his pants off so fast?

Don't worry, Christie's almost gone, soon NJ will have yet another Goldman Sachs banker as Governor.

what? Those people aren't mayors though. Marvel's mayors of NYC have been dudes like Kingpin and JJJ. I don't really remember who else has been mayor but i'm sure nothing good came of it

cap uses a shield not a sword. Not muh cap!

When was Kingpin mayor? I recall Bloomberg showing up in the X-men gay wedding issue, Guillini popped up from time to time, and back in the 80s Ed Koch showed up in Marvel comics regularly, the guy was practically a cartoon character himself.

>I haven't met a single New Yorker that didn't warrant a punch to the throat.

Why are flyover staters so mindlessly violent?

>When was Kingpin mayor?
literally right now

>good first start
This wasn't the first issue of the run.

Which comic? I haven't read much the last two months aside from storytimes.

>When was Kingpin mayor?
Literally right now.

Philly here, can confirm that New Yorkers need a throat punch.

So much for brotherly love.

Most street level books taking place in NYC have at least made a passing reference to it (like in Venom, where it showed Mayor Fisk giving a speech about how he's hired Kraven the Hunter to hunt down the dinosaurs living in the NYC sewers), but Daredevil (obviously) is the one that's dealing directly with it.

Only retards like De Blasio would want to be mayor of NYC, so they can rule the city like an Emperor. People like the Kingpin and JJJ would be small town mayors in the suburbs like Rockville Center, Long Beach, or Glen Cove out on Long Island.

Koch was the only good mayor of NYC in modern times. It's impossible to hate the guy because he was just so likeable.

>Waid

You stupid sod.

I could see JJJ going for mayor. He was already a combination of Giuliani's attitude and Bloomberg's publishing background.

Koch was god-tier, the most NYC mayor since LaGuardia.

>He has said that he both wants a total muslim ban
>ban doesn't target South East Asian Muslim countries like the Philippines and so forth
>TOTAL MUSLIM BAN, GOIS

Dear lord, man. The libs have gotten to you. Say, do you know the difference between Sept 4 and Sept 14?

Fuck

>(like in Venom, where it showed Mayor Fisk giving a speech about how he's hired Kraven the Hunter to hunt down the dinosaurs living in the NYC sewers)
I love this sentence so much, but hate the fact that the story itself isn't nearly as good that would lead you to believe. But it does give a little idea of what it's like to live in 616.

JJJ would be a one term mayor though. People from the City hate Giuliani because was terrible, only out of state residents like him for the image of him during 9/11

>Philippines
>Muslim country

You rusin m8? The Moros are only a small portion of the population.

People hate Giuliani for all the damage he did to the City, but still respect him for lowering crime. He did get reelected.

>You rusin m8? The Moros are only a small portion of the population.

They've got an entire region down south. It's got its own terror cells and everything. There was an even a siege a month or so back.

In his campaign he specifically called for a total ban on muslims. Regardless of what the travel ban actually does, he campaigned on wanting to ban all muslims.

A promise is a promise, and the current travel ban isn't meant to be the final ban

Ex- New Yorker here.
Dude, it's true. New Yorkers are human farts.

He's A treasonous shit

New York now is made up of yuppies who moved into recently gentrified parts of Upper Manhattan, Waterfront Brooklyn, and Queens. They hate him and all the old school New Yorkers bailed for NJ, Upstate, LI, CT, PA, VA, or Down South.

Is Cap still a Hydra?

No.

Jesus, why does Goldman Sachs want to Governor of NJ? I'd understand if they get rid of shit holes like Cadmen, Newark, and Atlantic City?

I dunno, but this isn't the first time, either.

So? That doesn't make the Philippines a Muslim country. It makes a country repeatedly redpilled on the dangers of Islamic fundamentalism.
On top of that, our military would be in serious trouble if we started banning Flips. They're the largest number of foreign nationals serving in our armed forces, outnumbering even Mexicans. The Manila Mafia practically runs the US Navy.

Trump loves Muslims. He didn't ban anyone from Saudi Arabia. He also has sweaty sex with the king of Saudi Arabia.

JJJ was already a mayor.

That's because Saudi Arabia controls our country.

Trump will ban Flips to make sure they don't flee from Dutere

i dont get why they felt it necessary to add the alloy part, hence making it a weaker weapon than say a solely vibranium sword

Supporters of treasonous drumph aren't patriots. Bunch of ignorant buttheads.

The first two issues have been complete comfy as fuck.

it peaked at #25 and it was all down hill from there

Any smart anons know roughly how much pressure was required to shut that gate? Curious if this is considered a strength feat by Cap. I know leverage and all, but it only takes you so far.