Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97219943/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Otherworld_Characters
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/CEO_Slick
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bomb-Squad
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_Lass/Comics
lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/post/135406536323/the-cover-of-lovely-ladybug-1-way-back-in-2011
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Vanguard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last time:

-More info cards
-More discussion about the seasons girls
-More random match-up fights
-Vixen Six jail break plot mentioned again
-More GG script ideas, still trying to sort out who the members of Sorority of Sentinels are, new villain ideas
-Trine discussion
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Looks like people are too uninterested in this by now, 1 reply and already on page 9.

Looks like we're back to being slow. Like how we had been for months prior to 3 weeks ago.

Here's a new Sup Forumslette pic from magi.

Suppose the hype on the new GG char died now that shes's on the wiki.

Neato. I might just wanna bite the bullet and make a tumblr, I miss seeing his art.

So what's OP wanna talk 'bout? I know he always has an interest in something every week

Under boob truly is the best part of boob.

Been working on a Bees Knees/Venus Fly Trap comic script this week, inspired by Daredevil & Green Arrow/Black Canary, in hopes to bridge the ambiguous jump in tones present in Bees' backstory.

>In the aftermath of Cat's Pajamas death, Bees has thrown himself back into vigilante work
>Has become more brutal, reckless, effectively haunted by Cats' tempting him to let go of his morals and kill before others get hurt
>Think Post-Jason Todd Batman

>Issue #1, Bees forces his way through a mass of dudes to get through to their boss, revealed to be Venus Fly Trap
>After some initial confusion/fighting (Bees doubting that he's their boss+getting tripped by vines) Venus gets the drop on him, and attempts to drain his will/powers via mindmeld to take him down for good
>At which point, you get a small flashback as Venus learns an abbreviated portion of Bees' past, before Bees becomes aware of it and wills himself to the point of taking a peek of Venus' memories
>Both break free of the mindmeld, shaken by the experience, and are chased off by police arrival before they have a chance to discuss further
>Issue ends with both determined that next time they'll defeat the other

Still wondering whether it's common knowledge that VFT's a trap, should it colour their initial meeting.

>Still wondering whether it's common knowledge that VFT's a trap

Would be a rather low-tier trap if they were.

I was made aware by a thread on /tg/ discussing the Sup Forumsverse setting that mandingo deleted her tumblr which had the Shark Lass comic on it so I added all that to the wiki.
I doubt that /tg/ user will notice since that thread was archived by the time I found it.

I'd actually like to talk about the Doppel Family. There's names and a little info on a lot of them, but nothing really substantial.

Common knowledge to anyone viewing from a distance with good eyesight out of the range of Maw and Jaw's pheromones.

is there a template for this?

All that power and you can't even find A DECENT PAIR OF PANTS?

It's really hard to tailor for bare bones.

That's one cosy little room.

completed the colors and the writing for the origin comic of "The Sage"

>she's on the wiki
mostly because no drawfag has taken up an interested in her, there is a limit to her physical design and with only 1 sketch proposal, there is not much to do

Why's she so mad someone got a nice glass of beer?

When does he meet his sidekick, The Bump?

Twist ending:Strummer did it.

Sounds like something out of Nextwave. Glass lass cunt?

>there is not much to do
I wouldn't say that. But then again, I'm not invested in GG so whatever.
Link to the /tg/ archive?

Well, I'm game to discuss Dopel. However, I need to come back later.

I mean, having her backstory already settled, aside from new scripts or defining her outfit, what else is left?

latest

De Gaulle is NOT a common name in France. Actually most people would laugh at her everytime she says her name.

The joke is that she's a "Gaul" who is also a "Goth".

Geddit?

His junior sidekick, The Bump, uses his strong yet unusual powers to resuscitate his fallen comrades or lost ideas to keep them "relevant" when they've fallen in defeat or are ignored at the cost of pushing back everyone else's relevancy.

I'm picturing some chubby kid that gawks at everything super based and is everyone's biggest fan.

People told you that your thing wasn't /coc/. It still isn't. Go make WOYA thread, and stop shitting these threads.

Please don't make her french

Too late for all that now.

She's been French since the beginning.

I think this is the first time I ask this without a hint of irony, facetiousness, or to shitpost, but just how new are you? Not even to Sup Forums, or Sup Forums, but just to /coc/ in general.

Hope is missing the e at the end.

Match-Up user here bringing the next fight.

I'm not sure how this should be done, or if its even allowed to be honest, but.
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Otherworld_Characters
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/CEO_Slick

ALL of the Other world characters and creature against CEO Slick. I'm imagining a scenario where Slick managed to collect enough oil to become a threat to the whole get kingdom. And if he's not the big, let's assume he brings along his Bomb Squad as well.

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bomb-Squad

How does this scenario happen? What is Slick and the Bomb Squad after? Who's at the forefront to defend the kingdom and how much is left afterwards?

The joke is that her name sounds like "errand girl".

If it's still up then There's a bunch of heroes and villains in the Doppel family. Makes me wonder if any of them have any ties to the Summers family.

Extremely new, just saw the pic without prior knowledge and got depressed over yet another stereotype

CEO Slick is after the oil under the forest where the entrance to otherworld is.
It comes across as a heavy handed, very corny "don't fuck with the environment, mm'k?" plot.

>Extremely new
Sorry but your reaction made me laugh, not in a mean way, just from how that's an old-ass /coc/ character, a staple character really, and you came in here like you did, so it was a bit funny.

Anyways, it's not even that, it was puns and wordplay that ruled that naming convention, a long time ago. Don't even mind it.

so it is

Different user. I made that thread. I got real sad after that mess.
I understand why it's not possible now, but it still makes me sad.

Well, just wanted you to know her name is as tasteful as naming a football team "redskins"

I only found that thread because I searched for Scraplootas in the archives to see if they had been discussed recently. They're probably my favorite /tg/ creation. /tg/ never talks about them anymore and I have been left wanting more stories about them for years now.

At least the thread tipped me off about the Shark Lass content being no longer available on Mandingo's tumblr.
So then I put it on the wiki
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_Lass/Comics

quick rundown on Ladybugs abilities?

She has a heavily modified military surplus shield generator in her suit that protects her from most harm. She's altered it so it expands locally when she hits things, to make up for her lack of physical strength. Also, the backpack has a jump-jet she's overclocked to turn into a jetpack (it helps that she's so light in the first place). Beyond that she's got some rudimentary telemetry and AI in the helmet, a handful of cheapo gadgets, and moderate technical knowhow. Plus a can-do attitude and a head full of action movies and comic books.

And the suit is powered by an alien battery made of beta matter.

If the beta matter expands when it stores electricity, wouldn't that make it too large to be useful as a battery?

Yes. Beta matter is a military secret, but its enormous capacity for its size makes power-hungry devices like the shield-suits possible. The shield generators and jetpack are all well and good but without the beta matter Ladybug's suit would be on a very limited clock! Plus it's hard to make a stylish superhero costume if you have to strap a bunch of car batteries to yourself.

>made of beta
Marley's battery is made of herself?

It only expands a little, then stops, but continues to absorb more electricity even in its expanded glowing state.

She hasn't scaled up to delta matter yet.

Hey, you work with what you've got.

where can I read the rest of this? The art looks awesome.

lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/post/135406536323/the-cover-of-lovely-ladybug-1-way-back-in-2011

The art didn't start like that.

seems a perfect fit here tho if you ask me

Seems like that's irrelevant, since it didn't originate here, if you ask me.
That's what the WOYA threads are for, and also the How's Your Webcomic threads.

It seriously gives me Project Vanguard vibes.

Resurrecting fallen comrades could be an interesting power. Like a lay-on-hands type of deal, only it makes the fallen come back as either an energy copy or the original covered in only temporary power before succumbing back to their injuries.

project vanguard?
The Sage does have a sidekick, his student named Alice who was a former assistance of a fake vegas magician turn criminal.
after the sage saved her she went under his wing to learn real magic

That one user already told, in way nice form than me, that /coc/ is not the place for that, and you even agreed, but since you have this massive victim complex, you just ignoring it, and you just can't help to attention whore, so you're still here.
Even when you got two other whole threads for it.

Does Necro know you're shitposting using his drawings? I know you paid him to draw that or whatever, but does he know you're just shitting up a thread again, and also posting his drawings ?

Is that just some guys OC? I thought someone is going doctor fate/ strange type character on magic side of things.

don't even humor the guy, or we're going to be stuck with paragraphs after paragraph explaining why he's being persecuted or something

I still don't get why you guys are being assholes to him, did he commit some sort of unforgivable sin in some other thread?

Old project.
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Vanguard

There's a handful of other Sup Forums created superhero settings that arn't part of the tangled web of the shared setting.

Oh, it's you. Man, if you don't know about a particular Sup Forums shitposter, then you're better off not knowing, really. It's not /coc/, mate. That's it.
lol Or are you like his buddy? Blog-buddies?

Most of us can't stand this guy so please understand our opinion toward his actions and "contributions" to this thread. He isn't welcome in this place.

The only thing that I know about him is that he has posted in GG threads on /aco/. Every time he posts here you guys shit on him regardless of what he posts, which just looks like a dick move to me.

Seriously, if you hate the guy that much, just ignore him.

That's what people with victim complex usually do, the shit on something, and the act all hurt when you point it out. Seriously, though, be the same token, if you like him so much, hit up on his blog and chat with him about his little project.
TL;DR It's not /coc/, because it didn't originate on Sup Forums. Not even on a thread outside this one.

My main issue is this is just bringing down whatever small amount of quality the threads had.

It just seems like we have anons who just shit on everything now instead of suggesting new ideas or even wanting to talk about stuff instead of argue.

He'd be useful in this thread for sure.

Can we make Bump his own thing?

As long as he's not bump-tan since she's already her own thing.

So lay-on-hands temporary revival powers?

How so, exactly?

Why would you reply to bait?

Shit on something that's not thread-related? Say it ain't so!

>quality
>cosmic
Ayyy. I'm sure your constant white-knighting is also quality, huh?
Hey, bro. It's still not /coc/.

>Why would you reply to bait?
I didn't really get the vibe that it is bait.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. At a certain point, it's just someone begging for other people to draw their OC.

This. That's Cosmic main goal he just want people to draw fanart of his OC, that's what he does on Discord, Tumblr, everywhere.

Got the wiki up, ready to tackle the family. Which one do you wanna start on

>The grass is greener over here
This place is well documented of having very little movement. The saying that we're all idea men is pretty much true. And I hate that I'm not an exception to the ruleyet.

The Bump. A short chubby man with thick glasses and a pudding bowl haircut.

He has the amazing ability to keep anyone, even if they are but a hairs breath away, from dying. He lays his hands upon them and the person is enveloped in a red or blue aura, this aura can last for either several hours or as little as 20 minutes depending on the severity of the afflicted person's injuries. While this aura is active, the person will feel fine and will be capable of moving around and doing anything they were able to do at their peak health, but their injuries will remain. All The Bump can do is buy them time so actual medical treatment can be applied. There are limits to the number of times The Bump can renew this aura on a person which seems to vary from individual to individual.

His hands are always clammy feeling.

Maybe we should have someone test the waters by suggesting a shift in design and see how the user reacts. If they're up for it, okay. If they draw the suggestion, super fucking duper. If the flip a tit, redirect them to the woya thread.

What happened to top the guy making the Chris chan character? I like the idea of it

Let's start with Cent-urion.
I think he'd be a hero. Maybe he actually looks up to his older brother Double Vision and knows that he has the ability to make even more than 100 copies of himself. He might go out of his way to help him when he can. He decided to become a hero not to follow in his dad's footsteps, but to make sure nothing like what happened to Double Vision ever happens to anyone else ever again.

If bug is around, I'd like to see what she thinks of Spitting-Image being part of the old guard of the Justice Coalition since that's the backstory we have for him.

I don't see much point reaching out to this person seemingly fairly toxic person, or working to integrate their OC into the setting. They're not bringing anything we don't already have in spades.

I was sort of making that as a guide when a new character starts popping up. If you want someone to leave you to ignore them.

My play wouldn't be he looks up to his brother, rather he's always defending his brother when people talk trash about him, be it powers, economic standing, etc. what people see as giving a leg up for Double Vision, Cen-turion sees it as common decency, especially for the family. But I do like him taking the mantle to stop people from getting Double visions life. I dunno, maybe I see him more as a boy scout.

Maybe there's always 2 Cent-turions at one time at the present, as someone has to take care of Grandpa and Grandma

I don't think Spitting-Image's parents are still around.

But yeah, that sounds about right for him. Double Vision I think got the full duplicator package, he could've been even greater than his dad with near unlimited duplicating power, but it wasn't meant to be.

How does he feel about his son's villain life?

He's always about having people come to righteousness willingly. He may not like what his son has become, he may take down his operations personally every once in awhile, but he's not going to force him to stop, just talk to him like the adult he is. Even if it does fall on deaf ears.

What powers does 40 Winks have? I'm trying to avoid their spouses also having duplicator powers.

So what do you think 9to5 does for a living? Is he all about using his duplicator powers practically to work many jobs, but also be at home as a family man?

>Spitting-Image's parents
did I say Cent-urions Grandparents? I meant Grandpa Spitting image and Grandma.
>What powers does 40 Winks have?
I feel the implication of the name suggest her needing to be asleep for a very short time. I assume a hyper healing factor. However, the problem comes up for what counts as "sleep"

>So what do you think 9to5 does for a living?
Is there a quirk to 9to5? Either way, seeing as day labor is the only 'non-hero' I would assume 9to5 has a hero persona in everything but actual crime fighting, basically a weirdly dressed cog. I'd say he's one of the solutions the Sup Forumsmrads use if there's a problem internally by throwing numbers at it in the hopes of solving it fast. Maybe he helps Chaptor with his taxes since Chap seems to throw money everywhere.

These seem weak, what's your idea?

Well you said grandpa and grandma. Spitting-Image is Cent-urion's father.

40 Winks, I want to say she's a sleepwalker, but that'd be too similar to Sleepwalk from Doom Patrol, the lady who had super strength, but only while asleep.

Maybe she can use her powers while asleep or on sleeping people. Maybe she's able to give anyone a full 8 hours worth of rest in a 20 minute nap.

9to5 I think works many regular jobs. I think he's focused on making money, but seeing how his kids are the best adjusted, he must be doing something right at home. Working for Chaptor could be interesting.

How many duplicates can 9to5 make though?

>Maybe she can use her powers while asleep or on sleeping people. Maybe she's able to give anyone a full 8 hours worth of rest in a 20 minute nap.
I like that. Maybe she's able to imbue those she thinks about with the super nap. So her (obviously), but also her hubby and his clones to keep them working at peak efficiency, gaming the overtime system.

>9to5 I think works many regular jobs. I think he's focused on making money, but seeing how his kids are the best adjusted, he must be doing something right at home.
Maybe regular in the sense of what is needed done, but within the Sup Forumsmrads headquarters to get his old man off his back. I like the idea of just walking by random parts of HQ and see the same guy doing different jobs. feel there'd probably be a stay at home dad clone, so the kids get a loving dad. Maybe that becomes a plot point when the kids freak over which dad was the ORIGINAL dad.

>How many duplicates can 9to5 make though?
I'd say a small number. My pitch is that he makes clone #1 that are reusable. Like he makes one clone, and that clone learns how to speak Spanish, when he poofs them away and he makes a single clone it still knows Spanish. The idea is that he has a group of maybe 10 clones that have professions in different fields. The catch being they learn thing at the rate of a normal human so he can't make an artist clone and expect immediate results.

again not hundred percent on the idea, especially if his duplicating ability is already set.

I legit don't get how people manage to draw on a computer. Whenever I try it it looks clumsy and terrible. Even when you scan it, you lose so much damn resolution..

Lots of practice using the right tools.

The kids freak out over which dad is the real one and then watch as all of them recombine on the spot. This was the first step in getting them well adjusted and teaching them how to use their powers responsibly.

I think the real one would be the one to spend time with the kids.

I'd say he needs more clones than 10 since Dime-a-dozen is considered to have weak duplication powers. I like the learning application, maybe he passed that on to Day Labor and that's how he's so good at being a one man crew.

Right now the only stuff we have with most of this family of duplicators are their names, careers, and family relations, so anything right now is fair game.

I read the wiki and I still have no idea what /coc/ even is. It says that it's for original characters but doesn't explain any further. Is it a character sheet for YOU to keep track of your characters or is it some sort of community battle royale type of thing?

I like it.

It's for whatever Sup Forums comes up with.

Sup Forums comes up with ideas all the time, sometimes the ideas resonate with anons and they want to keep discussing them, sometimes art gets drawn of the ideas. The wiki is for keeping track of all that so it isn't reliant upon having to repeat everything every time an idea gets brought up again.

That's helpful.

I'd shoot for 95 (hurhur) max, 45 in use currently. The 50 may be used for anything like lemmings.