Craig of the Creek

Let's talk about the only good new show coming to CN.
youtube.com/watch?v=bjqmhHqWSu8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6pP0YO8KGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off shill, this looks like utter shit

No it doesn't. It looks like a new show in the same vein as EEnE and KND. Something that's been sorely lacking for a long time.

>It looks like a new show in the same vein as EEnE and KND.
It's not. It looks like a shit version of Clarence.

user I hate to tell you this but Sup Forums has been beating this show with a stick since pilot.

What about the pilot looked bad?

But why? Especially compared to the other shit that's coming out.

No it doesnt, it looks like boring shit thats not as funny or clever as either of those. I dont want more boring slice of life shit, fuck you and your retarded taste shill. Also, i dont mind that the MCs black so you cant use the race card on me, i literally think the entire setting and situations suck dick.

>i literally think the entire setting and situations suck dick.
It's about kids having fun in the woods and we've seen one scenario. What about it don't you like?

Normal kids in the boring woods with shit humor is objectively garbage. Theirs nothing fantastical or funny with this. Clarence got away with it because the characters were actually funny. With this show the creators are too serious to make the kids actually cartoonish or funny.

Because Sup Forums noticed, a. It's made by members of the su crew b. Muh calarts
C. Male Character does something feminine. D. It's a over played genre apparently. And E. Praise be the shitter hivemind.
There already doing it to infinity train and villainous. Along with most new ips.

>What about the pilot looked bad?
Not him, but the only good thing about the art direction are the backgrounds. Similarly to Nu-PPG, you can take any characters, put them into Clarence's classroom and you most likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference from which character is from which show

>With this show the creators are too serious to make the kids actually cartoonish or funny.
Don't lie. You didn't watch it did you?

The art style is pretty different from Clarence but what does that have to do with the quality of the show?

>Let's talk about the only good new show coming to CN.
You mean Unikitty? Cause face it, that show actually look way more entertaining than this shit.
The artstyle is nothing unique, the lips starting to bother me. Craig is not interesting for a main character. He's just what people, who have no children, imagine what kids do in their daily lives, just add flamboyancy to the mix. I won't be surprised if there's a coming out episode for Craig. Also, there's the fact CN is making yet another "feel good omg so comfy" SoL cartoon and proving that they're scared to be experimental like they used to do.

I watched it fag, i didnt think it was funny

Either overstimulate kids into thoughtlessness (ttgo, unikitty) or pacify them into harmlessness (craig, steven).

It's like cartoon network is now being used as a psyop to keep children from rising up or some shit.

>Male Character does something feminine.
This is the new meme huh? Can't wait for Sup Forums to shit on every cartoon from here on out for doing something they can misconstrue as feminine.

Yeah, and it tends to be stretched to find any and all excuses.

Did you not watch him unironically carry the purse around throughout the pilot and pulled out the compact from it? I'm surprised his brother didn't comment on that.

It’s meh. It feels like “SU without the gems”, aka boring useless fluff. It’s annoying how the wave of creativity that allowed CN to break out of the CN Real bullshit has now become its own stagnation as the incestuous nature of entertainment slowly sucks whatever creativity props up dry.

Did you not see when he was using it to carry it because he didn't associate it with anything feminine and even didn't know what a pocket mirror is?

>Juday, call the police!

Was it because he was black?

This would be better if it was kids roaming a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

He acknowledged it was a purse, which are feminine.

I stand corrected. Grab the torches then.

This will be fucking shit, I hate it already based off of the pilot.

>tfw no KND

What drives women to do these things. Why must they destroy the things we love?

What, exactly?

What the fuck led you to believe two people named Matt and Ben were female?

>tfw cartoons aren't funny anymore

>Let's talk about the only decent-ish new show coming to CN.
fixed

It reminds me of Recess.

this looks fine you faggots

Yeah, a really boring version where you don't like any of the characters.

I like the characters :(

I found the first episode Craig of the Creek episode to be okay. Nothing really special, but still watchable. It will depend on future episodes what kind of humor it will show.

It's not the kind of show where I need to know what others might have thought about it, good or bad.

Says you

It just seems like it'll be like the townie episodes from Steven Universe.

I don't get that. The only similar episode in SU would be Onion where they're playing in the woods. This seems to be a more suburban exploration thing than just hanging out with people.

You're hitting shilling levels that shouldn't be possible.

It's a shitty SoL with no redeeming qualities. Fuck off shill.

I like Kelsie and the mongoloid kid in the hockey jersey.

They could probably carry the show on their own. Craig is just kind of milquetoast.

>mongoloid kid in the hockey jersey.
He's clearly white
>Craig is just kind of milquetoast.
Hopefully he'll get some more personality in the show.

Nice, it seems really good.

>Craig of the Creek
>good

mellow, laid back kidpunk that reminds me of fucking around as a youngun before I got all bitter

I like how when he ran up the stairs he went fast enough that he used hands and feet. It just feels like a show about kids being kids.

Sup Forums doesn't seem to be giving me good reasons to hate it and it already seems less gay than SU. not a huge fan of craig, but the world and other characters feel pretty lived in and rich.

Pros: nice looking backgrounds, good aesthetic, likeable characters (besides craig), mellow vibe in the vein of We Bare Bears thats refreshing in a sea of TTG

Cons: Craigs boring, it has SU shitters involved, not the most original style, and it's just a touch tumblr for my tastes

7/10. Watchable. May go up and down depending on the episode. The girl with the budgie is my favorite thus far.

mongoloid doesn't mean mongolian....

It means Asian. Caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid

He meant retarded I'm pretty sure

CotC is shit, but
>Villainous

Stop fucking shilling.

>Someone going against my hivemind?
Impossible

>someone likes something that I don't like

>they must be paid to like it

I wish I was a shill I'm broke as fuck nigger, enjoy your TTG-tier squealshit

To be fair they probably got it from the react thread from, yesterday.

The "comfy SoL" genre needs to fucking die, it's basically a cancer at this point

What isn't cancer to you people?

nothing is good that's the point

it doesn't matter what they come out with its gonna be shit

might as well bitch about how we're bored until something new to shit on comes out.

youtube.com/watch?v=E6pP0YO8KGQ

>I'm surprised his brother didn't comment on that.

That would be transphobic and too triggering.

You know what? I don't fucking care about the show. Any redeeming qualities it might've had were instantly ignored by me after this fucking shit. First of all, her poor budgie looks like it's overweight and had a massive fucking tumor on it's head (Which it probably does have because of it's shitty, piece of shit owner). It reminds me of when I woke up as a kid and saw my old, poor, sick budgie barely hanging onto life practically curled up in a ball. There's a point where it goes from stylization to degradation and shittiness. Second of all, this shitty, faggot of an 'owner' should've never had more than 5 budgies. I was raised in a fucking trailer home where my birds lived in a shitty cage for their whole lives because I didn't know how to take care of them, and you know what? They lived for years. If this short, fat cunt is in 5th grade and already lost 40 budgies then there's no fucking excuse for that. Sure, it's supposed to be a joke but it's sure as hell not fucking funny. Imagine if they did this but with dogs or cats, people would be fucking furious. And yes, I understand that budgies may not be as intelligent or emotional and humans, but they still have emotions and feelings. In fact, the girl who calls herself an owner probably has no feelings. I fucking tear up thinking about my pets dying for 1 second, and I'm 21. This girl has no emotional attachment to them and she's a little kid, that's a stage where you get attached to things that you shouldn't even fucking be attached to. She isn't though. Why is that? Because she isn't thinking of them as cute and amazing avians. No, she's thinking of them as tools. Amusement. Fucking disgusting.

Also, why has she only had green budgies? There are so many different varieties.

>Imagine if they did this but with dogs or cats, people would be fucking furious.
Nobody would be furious. It's just a joke, sperg. Kids aren't good pet owners. Surprise.

IT wasn't good. It was safe and bland and derivative as fuck. It's one of those kid stories that conside the audience to be literal toddlers, so the drama resolution is all about talking it out, like what those good christian moms with horrible kids believe to work in the real world.

Then she has shitty parents who didn't teach their kid how to take care of their shit.

I find it funny that with this new "it's consoling kids to be retarded" meme you always seem to be advocating for teaching kids that violence is the answer to problems.

I’m starting to dislike the “youngest girl is most mature” trope (gumball, welcome to the wayne, harvey beaks(?), this) but she’s still tolerable. Orange’s voice actively pisses me off.the rest is kinda bland. I’ll watch a bit to see if it does good, but I’m not holding my breath.

>the only good new show coming to CN
OP confirmed the kind of autist that enjoy the nu townies episodes from SU.

From the bottom of my heart , PLEASE KILL YOURSELF OP , P L E A S E

>same vein as EEnE and KND

This is what Steven tumblrniverse does to your brain kids.

The hatefag is strong with this one, it doesn't take much observation to see the similarities user.

I just realized I could expand that trope.
>bland blue wearing lead
Gumball, Harvey, the kid from the Welcome to the Wayne, Craig
>socially inept orange one
Darwin, tardboy from Harvey beaks, tardboy from Wayne, this tardboy
>youngest but most mature/smartest pink girl
Anais, pink one from Harvey, the not pink one from Wayne, this girl
They don’t fit perfectly but that’s really close, Harvey Beaks is the least similar.

How is the girl the most mature in this show? She's the most delusional by far.

>doesn't take much observation to see the similarities user
zero similarities?
>but he is stupid so is Ed XD
>They make their own """""weapons"""""" with stuff , they are just like KND!! XD
They only similarity is Recess but a lot of worse.
This one have SU "humour" written all over it , a full series about townies episodes.
Jesus fagget , don't breed please

Well she’s not really mature, she’s “mature”. She is like a parody of matureness, I’d count that. Plus she can build those PVC swords, those take knowlege of tools.

She is this same fucking character

That pilot was boring and garbage , if you enjoy it seek a doctor

>This one have SU "humour" written all over it
Ironically enough, Season 1B was genuinely funny

>She is like a parody of matureness
If you mean she pretends to be mature characters sure. And PVC stuff is not hard to make

I think they mean the art. I'm sorry but the art looks like cookie cutter steven universe copy paste. Uncreative. Bland. Boring. Stale. Simple. Ugly. Just really REALLY fucking ugly.

3 kids go on outlandish adventures based in a realistic setting.
Kids have different groups and tribes/cultures and specialties.
God forbid anyone disobey the co hivemind, you hatefags are always so desperate.

>3 kids go on outlandish adventures based in a realistic setting.
This was never EEE
>Kids have different groups and tribes/cultures and specialties.
That ain't KND , that is Recess

Jesus , why /sug/fags are totally autistic

Yes , they were good, sadly this looks like post season 2 townies tier comedy.

>Have hope for the show
>Can't fucking stand the terrible artstyle

I don't know how to feel.

Really fucking ugly is Summer Camp Island. This show looks like the Mona Lisa compared to that.

I will take the comedy of SCI over this tumblrniverse bland shit any day

I usually play with my balls while watching a cartoon and if the cartoon is good enough I'll stop playing with my balls and focus on the cartoon. This show just makes me play with my balls more.

You're a weird fuck, user.

Holy fuck what an awful thread

I'll be real, kidpunk is my favorite setting for shows. Y'all say it's overdone but i can think of maybe 3 or 4 shows that actually did it RIGHT (knd, recess, and rugrats, and maaaaybe early AT) and had it as their main premise. I agree the slice of life stuff is oversaturated and this could definitely go that way but if you look back at shows like that they really didn't FEEL like the SU townie episodes etc. this is the closest we've come since KND to that itch getting scratched in a committed way. The *fundamental* writing is above-average, too, and that has been going to the wayside with shows like SU, nu-AT,, and Gravity Falls, which live for the punchline and the plot point and the emotional climax. Plus, idk, I thought it was pretty funny and nice to look at.

Could all this go wrong? Yes. Could it turn into another mindless shitty CN b-side? For sure. Was the pilot perfect? Nooooo. Could it be derailed by tumblr culture? So far we're doing alright but that doesn't mean much. But this genre means a lot to me, and I think the show has a lot of potential, so my hopes are high.

You know what I wish?

living the american dream.

Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right. I play with my balls too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me. I'm not changing. I like- I like me. My balls likes me. My fingers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Shit man, I usually just drink beer in my pajamas like the pathetic manchild I am, I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed.

this was funnier than SCI tho

That was okay. Had a lot of the Ronin Dojo Community College DX vibes I was expecting out of Burnett and Levin.

I enjoyed it, and am excited to see more of it soon.

mm?

The characters are fun, the narrator joke is really fun and the variety of the kids make believes can keep the show interesting. For a kids show it's a good concept.
I sincerely was expecting the bird to die during the "adventure" in the sewers.
That could have been a hilarious joke, sorta like South Park does it with Kenny but less gory and more slapstick.

Good or bad, I just play with mine when I like a new waifu.

if it went harder on the Recess style reality warping shit and weirdo factions it would be a lot more fun and interesting.