RWBY/RT General #1332: Exposition Position Edition

Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good.
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 9 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/a88f3c57cc561ab1abe90d413073da40-5c357084/ts/index.m3u8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTbsluR-Jug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

already used this picture in previous thread

fuck

Few will be brave enough to admit it, but this is what a true best girl looks like.

Penny

Yang vs Tai is still the best fight in the Maya era

wow no

How do you stop the crwby from making the show into a literal talk show

how many years of standing and talking until we get to Atlas

You'll learn to prep the Bull and love it.

i was really looking forward to something killing off the chameleon but now shes come out shes practically bullet proof now huh?

I AGREE
GOOD POST, GREAT POST

again
wow no

Why is Jaune so lucky.

If Raven would just fucking TALK to the good guys she'd know everything Cinder has in store except for Watts, whom she apparently already has info on. Not being surprised by Emerald would be a huge advantage.

IS THIS POST OF THE YEAR

it's probably his semblance

The redhead beta wanted his dick enough to keep him alive long enough for him to gain some sort of skill and stand on his own

Why the fuck does she have Ugly ass freckles? Her skin is mostly pure white
in this picture she looks like she has dirt on her

Reminder Penny was a soulless automaton and never actually died because she never truly lived.

It's from the AU where the entire show takes place in a Irish dirt hut.

No, his semblance is killing redheads.

I like freckles

she lived more of a life than we do user

If we complain enough in Youtube and their website, would they finally stop siphoning off the revenue RWBY makes to make other shows?

illia vs shitty kitty
i >If you're not with me, you're my enemy.
s > Only a White Fang deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
I. >You will try
I >Don't make me destroy you, Blake. You're no match for the White fang.
S > I've heard that before, Ilia . . . but I never thought I'd hear it from you.
I >You hesitate . . . the flaw of compassion.
I >I should have known the Belladonas were plotting to take over\
S >From the White Fang!!! Ilia, Adam Taurus is evil.
I > From the Belladona point of view! From my point of view, the Belladonas are evil

He is physically attractive.

If volume 5 is anything to go off of her semblance is making RWBY proceed at the pace of a dying snail, effectively making her invincible

This scene really improved my opinion of Jaune.

>Yang's boob freckles

freckles are nice sometimes but most of the time they look absolutely disgusting

Let's say you're give the chance to sit M&K down and say one sentence about writing and storytelling. What would it be?

Me?

"Telling a good story is like telling a good joke in that you can't keep reminding someone of the premise over and over because it kills the joke and it kills the drama too."

Are you the same faggot who samefags these with Jaune? Because it's still not funny.

he's the anti-qrow

I still like them

We need senate sessions in RWBY and then we'll have even more talking

And now let's watch the salt from people who can't write trying to advise the average.

no, i just came up with this when i saw tat ilia had a high ground

but user we already have james "two seats no sheets" ironwood

>In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the menagerie will be reorganized into the first faunus Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.

3 Weeks of cliffhangers. 2 weeks in a row, you ends your episodes with cliffhangers for the same thing. This assault on the Belladonna's you've been building up for weeks.Why? Why are you doing this? Why are you teasing fights, then absolutely refusing to show them?
Everyone keeps going "oh man, those last couple of episodes... those are going to be something"Is this a good thing? We sat through 3 weeks of stilted dialogue, forced exposition, for a payoff we aren't even sure is going to land? like... these clips in this episode action wise inspire no confidence. It was amateurish. Like... what happened? Why have these scenes just been of people slowly coming at a person for them to be punched and knocked down in 1-2 hits, or just standing still and shooting?

And then the animation on Sun and Blake just looked bad. Him spinning the staff looked awful and Blake's movements were so sluggish.
And not to mention the idiotic idea of them just talking while the Fennecs are trapped in the ice?
And then... when Sun and Ghira are going to fight them, they go "nope" and send us back to Raven, and then Qrow for like a minute.
Why is it like this? Why is the pacing this volume so atrocious? People will say Oh, you need to think of it like a movie... we are watching it in piecesWhy does it have to still be like this? Ever since Episode 4 this volume, I have not felt any sense of satisfaction watching this show until episode 8. 3 weeks of blankly watching this show, feeling like I gained nothing.

"The pacing of your stories needs to be literally 10 times faster than what it is now"

He needs screentime to actually qualify.

To be honest, I completely agree. Political intrigues are far more entertaining than SJW faunus shit.

People keep falling back on Oh, this volume is about growth... of course there is going to be talking
What growth?
Because honestly... I don't see any of the characters growing through these 9 episodes. They grew during V1-4.
Ruby is still the same. No "obvious she cares about her dead friends" monolgue is going to convince me otherwise
Weiss is nice. I love Weiss, but she hasn't changed during V5 suddenly.Blake basically stopped being awful, but this happened at the end of V4. V5 she has just consistently been ok Yang is more calm. She has changed the most out of all of them, but this is probably more noticeable because of how absent she was in V4.

And JNR is non existent this volume. Jaune has been shut up, even though this is the time he should actually speak up about Ozpins bullshit. Nora has been the most irritating character to me this volume because almost none of her jokes landed asides from "cute boi Ozpin". And Lie "2DEEP4ME" Ren has been turned into exposition bot, literally having to spell out "wow... we sure are different". And Sun just stopped being a stalker.

This volume isn't about the process of growth. The characters have grew through 4 years of RWBY and started volume 5 different except Ruby. The excuse of "this volumes pacing is like this because of growth" is not an excuse, I don't care if Lie "2DEEP4ME" Ren tells me thew grew. I know they grew.

Thoughts on Vernal so far?

She hasn't said or done anything to stand out. She's a boring character who only seems to be Raven's lapdog. During all that talking in the latest episode she just stood there without giving her opinion on the whole thing. She didn't even seem to care about seeing another maiden. Vernal fled from her duties because she could not handle all the pressure of being a maiden, and now she's going back to it.

Pretty sure she will be killed soon, hence she hasn't gotten any focus.

I fucking wish. Maybe I could look forward to more than just hoping the RWBY girls get more than 5 minutes of meaningful screentime.

She looks ugly as fuck

Daily reminder that at least Pyhrra got her big moment in a episode and didn't stall it out over the course of 3 fucking cliffhanger fights

Yellow Snow is the most disgusting ship in the entire fandom.

"Show, don't tell."

Ozpin tells them "you need to train to fight Salem's forces". Have we seen anything about that? Just one scene? And now we fastforward through all that training stuff? OK there are 5 episodes left now, so I doubt this will ever be addressed and just happened off camera.

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS VOLUME HAS REALLY BEEN ABOUT?

BIRDS

FUCKING BIRDS

THIS IS WHAT VOLUME 5 HAS BEEN ABOUT. Just this boringly told, poorly explained main plot. I am sick of this "ambiguous dialogue" from Raven, Cinder, Ozpin, etc.

I still don't know why Cinder wanted power, or why people follow Salem even though she wants to destroy humanity. I dunno anything. I learned nothing this volume.Instead, all I got was affirmation of plot points brought up in Volume 3 that we guessed because MK took so long to tell us.
>Yes, Qrow and Raven can turn into birds
>Yes Ozpin is the wizard
It took them 2 years to answer these questions... and all they do is keep raising more.
>How did Ozpin get magic
>Why did the gods curse him?
>Whats bad about birds?

People keep telling me there is a budget 3X that of Vol 4. Where is that? I don't see it. We've reused more sets and assets than V4.
You know where it probably went? The shorts. The Weiss and Yang shorts were excellent, and what I set the standard for the V5 fight scenes to be. The show has not even come close to that standard. I feel like they dumped most of the budget into those, so people go "oh wow yeah! The show has really improved!"
When it hasn't. It's gotten worse.And even if the last couple of episodes are amazing, some of the best ever, up there with episode 4 this volume... is this a good thing?
Was it a good idea to backload all the good stuff at the very end of the volume?
Because honestly... I'd prefer a show that was consistently good and kept me engaged watching every week, than one that decided to back load all the good stuff till the very end.

"rwby sucks" and then leave

BEST GIRL

Why is Nuts and Dolts so cute?

>Salem goes full Palpatine
>Disguises herself to infiltrate council of nations
>Disguise fails, she then takes over council
Insert "Salem's behind it all" here
youtube.com/watch?v=fTbsluR-Jug

She exists? Only one so far who seems to fits the "Cream rises to the lop" ideals Raven seems to have for her tribe.

>Jaune could speak up about Ozpins bullshit
And say what? Him bitching would just make him the ass.

True. I still miss her though

It's called Freezerburn you uncultured swine

>Why is Nuts and Dolts so cute?
Because Penny and Rube being cute together is canon.

I never thought I'd agree with Invested about anything but she's completely right here

Her "I'll do whatever it takes" in response to Raven's "we must do what's right for the tribe" makes me think Vernal is going to turn on her this volume. Now, if she'll side with Cinder (because she thinks there's no fighting or escaping Salem) or with the good guys (because she thinks Salem and her group need to be stopped) is still up in the air. Salem's group is broken enough without another Maiden so I hope she joins the good guys. Let her rough exterior be worn down by JN_R's familial charm or something.

me too user

A better reminder than yours.

What does he wear under his hoodie?

Remind me again why Raven is pissed at Ozpin for giving her transformation powers?

>I am sick of this "ambiguous dialogue" from Raven, Cinder, Ozpin, etc
This a thousand times over. And anytime someone tries to get a straight answer (Jaune and Yang) they just roll their eyes or groan about it or find some other excuse to be elusive. FUCKERS THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS ON THE LINE JUST GIVE US SOME REAL TALK

Yellow Snow because it's a shit ship.

> a real anime made by a real studio is better

Wow no shit.

Except that's not Ruby's character at all.

Where the fuck are people getting this Ruby is naive thing?

>nothing

Penny is literally just a robot, build a new one.

She's not. She never said she was. She's made it obvious that she doesn't plan on sacrificing herself as a pawn against some goddess who can't be beaten. Doesn't help that she probably blames Ozpin for Summer's death, since she was just another piece he had in play. Yang being pissed about it was pretty silly, but I think it was mostly coming from her being upset about Qrow and Ozpin withholding info.

Japan > two assholes in austin texas

no shit

And Ozpin's tactic is to wait for the attack instead instead of trying to prevent it. It's true that he has done more mistakes than anyone, and he keeps doing them.

I'm still waiting for him to talk to Ruby about her silver eyes.

That text is a pain in the ass to read, but really Land of the Loustrous has an advantage of having a manga before the anime, and from what I've seen having a style where often 3D could look cheap, but they manipulate and use it to their advantage for the most part to make it look good.
Also having been produced by a real studio with 20 minute episodes helps a lot.

The problem isn't pacing, you can do a lot with a slowly paced narrative, it's that they've done nothing with that time. They're clearly waiting for those last few episodes, because that is were all the action is going to be, but they didn't know what to fill in the time until then with. Most of the scenes that take place in RNJR's safe house is just repeating information, going over the same things that we've already covered, there's nothing new they're covering. This shouldn't be an issue considering that they have Ozpin with them, the man who can literally just explain EVERYTHING they need to know about ANYTHING, but they seem content to just go along with what he chooses to tell them, instead of asking for more information themselves.

Japan actually says that RWBY's story is better than most anime.

Grass is always greener.

Her whole personality and existence seems to revolve around "Yes Raven. "Whatever you say Raven. "I'll always follow you Raven." Characters like her don't last too long.

>Japan actually says

>Japan actually says that RWBY's story is better than most anime.
source? or are you just shitposting

Vernal is obviously another lesbian that RT is going to throw into a fridge.

No, co's full of morons that think they are Pulitzer Prize winning writers instead autistic fucktards.

I knew that the height difference is cute

But this is some next level cute

This. I swear to god, with all the talking and talking, there isn't going to be time for Ozpin to actually tell Ruby about her sliver eyes, nor is she going to ask. It's going to be vol 6 before they finally tell us about sliver eyes and what happened to Summer when they could be doing this right now with all the talking that's going on and Ozpins having months to exposition dump the crew.

it's the same archetype like 1000 other anime in japan kids in school with powers fight monsters and bad guys its the waifus that keep people watching

fucking hero academia is the opposite of rwby its popularity is people who love all the male characters and ship them fisting each other and making out

You sound bitter, what's your ship?

Nigga RWBY is generic as shit how is it better then most anime? I mean Most anime is shit sure but RWBY has the generic feel to all of it

None, you faggot loving choad.

that slut

>HURR, MY SHIP CAN'T BE SHIT! YOU MUST BE A BLAKE FAG!

The only one bitter here is you, Yellow Snow.

HnK had a manga starting 2013 AND specifically hiring a 3DCG animation studio

It's a totally different situation here when you have a bunch of friends doing that they are comfortable with. Standing and Talking

You could say she is Raven's Emerald. All maidens get a lesbian follower.

So what makes Freezerburn so shit if you have no ships you favor to begin with

He wants Weiss or Yang for himself

He's being a contrarian faggot to look cool on the internet.

How can they do talking/dialogue so poorly anyway? There are plenty of shows that are more than 80% TALK and do a good job.

I can't wait for Neptune to come back and be a cancer upon this show again just so your shit ship is confirmed to be as dead as all the yuri Blake ships.

Honestly the main 7 characters kind of aren't.

Yeah there is a lot of padding in this volume. We could have more training scenes, Ruby and Ozpin talking about her silver eyes and summer, a JN_R scene. They are still building up for Jaune's super awesome Semblance that will save the day, right?

I hope they do SOMETHING with her. I'm worried that the Maiden will be nothing characters who are only around to power up existing characters.

There is no reason to have both the Maidens and Relics in the same narrative, they are both too similar in concept that the whole thing seems moot.