ITT: Unpopular opinions

ITT: Unpopular opinions

I hated Coco

I liked the first and middle but the last part ruined it, I mean Hector being related wasn't what I hated, it's the fact that the great great great grandmother ruined her family with banning music for her own selfish reasons and when Hector tells the truth, she's like "So? You shouldn't have left! I won't forgive you",
what the fuck man. I mean fucking really? Hector didn't abandon his family, he was still writing letters to Coco as he was playing music, so I didn't get her fucking problem, that just ruined it for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzvkrIF95nE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You underestimate a Mexican woman's strong pride

The film just presents a shitty message at the end, she didn't even apologize and was like "Oh I didn't know, Hector!" and how Hector just kept blaming himself was retarded

She jumped his bones at the end so it doesn't really matter.

>Hector didn't abandon his family

Just because you still hear from someone doesn't mean they didn't split. Didn't you ever read Dear Mr Henshaw?

But it does, if I misunderstood something, why the hell would I still hate and never forgive you for it? It was stupid and how they played it off as comedic was insulting

>Just because you still hear from someone doesn't mean they didn't split.

How dude? He was writing countless letters to his daughter, which lead her to not forget about him. If he had split, she would've forgot about him AGES ago.

Plus he was planning to come back, yet that met NOTHING to this chick, she just felt her solution of ruining her future family's dreams for her own selfish and bitter feelings over Hector.

I hated this shit

Again, it's the pride. Thats also why the grandma destroys the kids guitar. Cause of her pride and her fear.

I understand, I just don't like how the ending doesn't show her apologizing or even understanding what happened to Hector, it was almost justifying it a bit

>if I misunderstood something, why the hell would I still hate and never forgive you for it
If you misunderstood something that, if you were right about it or not, still screwed up your life and deprived you of someone you love (even if it may have been their fault), and were bitter about it for the rest of said life, AND decades into your death, suddenly finding out the truth wouldn't immediately make those lasting resentments go away.

Though by all appearances, she's over it by one year later.

how is this unpopular? It's their laziest attempt at a movie since stewart little and home range. They were so confident a promexican movie in antidrumpf times would sell itself they didn't try anything, no specific special effect trademark (like the snow in frozen), or impressive visuals or memorable songs. It was a minimum budget cash grab.

I unironically want this.

They tried to make the movie as authentic as possible and they succeeded. I don't like it either but it isn't a flaw the film has, it's literally how older Mexican women act. I hate those bitches too user. They don't understand how hurtful their unforgiveness is.

>Leave to go pursue a music career while your wife has to take care of you kid
>Know it's gonna be really hard to take off and will lose a lot of money if you fail
>Still do it anyway

this is an unpopular opinion thread, not a wrong and shitty opinion thread

>Father makes a mistake and purses music career
>Music career had a chance of making them rich though
>Still writes to the family especially his daughter
>Father dies from poisoning
>Wife is like "Well fuck you, I'm going to make sure that your daughter and the future family NEVER remembers you and I'm also banning music"
>Truth is discovered, Wife is like "Still fuck you because you should've never left and I'll never forgive you for it, even though my bitterness and selfishness still messed up the family by making them loathe you, I won't apologize, I'm still right 100%"

Right...right

>He was writing countless letters to his daughter.

But he died at some point and the letters stopped.

Apparently nobody told Imelda that his husband died, so she assumed he left once and for all.

Horror and comedy are the shittiest match ever.
>b-buh muh contrast
Fuck off with this shit. Horror comedies are terrible precisely because of the fact that comedy makes horror ineffective and vice versa.

>expecting a character to be over decades of resentment and bitterness in a literal flash

Do you think life is a Disney movie, son?

She was over it a year later. Calm down.

I cant' enjoy this movie because of Natalie Wood.

>I hate things I don't understand

he still fucking left his family behind while he toured around, dude. For all she knew, he just fucked off forever. Ernesto probably never told her he even died, if he even got the chance

Mexican here and I don't understand why everyone here on Mexico thinks this is a masterpiece

I mean, it was good and I enjoyed it but it wasn't that good.
>The story is somewhat predictable (I didn't see Hector's backstory coming though)
>No memorable songs
>Boring character design (Even the Book of life was creative)
>No impressive visuals

Everytime I asked another mexican why they like it, every single one of them says the same thing "It was a good representation of Mexico" and nothing else.
Disney wanted Mexico's money so they decided to pander to mexicans instead of actually making a great movie

>Without apologizing or seeing that it wasn't Hector's fault

Right

>he was still writing letters

Yeah. And when he died his letters stopped. With no explanation

I didn't like the villain reveal. It was so shallow. Pixar villains are usually dimensional.

Like none of this would have happened if they just told the kid that the guy isn't related to him.

Disney has been pandering to the intersectional SJW folk for a while, making shallow movies so they can pat themselves about being diverse.

I'm on the same boat as you, user.
Us beaners should be more critical of the movie and not praise it for such dumb pandering
But then again, we're all a bunch of pendejos

>I hate things I don't understand
Are you a Hispanic living in the US and using your people (Mexico) as an excuse?

>>Everytime I asked another mexican why they like it, every single one of them says the same thing "It was a good representation of Mexico"

Their responses doesn't satisfy to your high expectations in the film.

>>Disney wanted Mexico's money so they decided to pander to mexicans instead of actually making a great movie

Who hasn't Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks pandered to? Shut up nerd.

Name a disney movie that you think isn't SJW, mind you hide your Sup Forums armband.

>he still fucking left his family behind

To help them get rich with his music career

>For all she knew, he just fucked off forever.

Yes, which is fine because that's not her fault because she truly thought he abandoned the family. But when the truth is exposed, she still blames him which wasn't right, how they played it off as some silly thing pissed me off.

My Mom kept me from my Dad because they divorced, she told me such lies about him that I believed it. One of them included that he abandoned us, Yet when I looked for him and found that he was dying, I asked what happened and saw that my bat shit fucking mother moved states away, while he was looking for me.

So I only had two fucking months with my Dad before he died, while most of my life I was led to loathe him. I spoke to my mother who confessed the truth but said she did the "RIGHT" thing and he was still a scumbag because he wasn't a good husband to her. After that I call off all communication with my mother and now I have trust, anger and all kinds of other issues.

All because of those lies, I know I'm basically putting my problems with this film but godamn, that shit of someone not accepting their own wrongs and forgiving someone just pisses me off. I saw Hector as my father, who still blamed himself because he wasn't a good enough husband, he didn't blame my mother once, it fucks with me.

The villian reveal was retarded, it didn't even feel like he had a real reason to kick Miguel out other than the fact he knew Hector

Also I agree that Disney likes pandering however those shallow movies still had some essence to them, they had some "Disney quality". Coco, on the other hand was a waste and it had little to none Disney quality

Yeah, Pixar has really ben sucking Mexico's cock pretty hard lately, especially with the flop day of the dead movie a while back.

I think Disney ruined Pixar. Every last pixar's movie is just generic flick with forced drama and TWIST WOW GOOD GUY WAS A BAD GUY ALL ALONG. Fucking trash, I swear. And fucking shills memed be into wasting my time and money on this. Fucking Disney tricked me AGAIN. 8,5+ on IMDb, 8.9 on our local site, good word of mouth, wtf? There is literally no story and it's just poor Book of life ripoff. I better play Grim Fandango again.

>Father makes a mistake and purses music career

One that he never apologized for while he was alive.

>Music career had a chance of making them rich though
A very, very small chance and he didn't get that money. His wife raised a child in poverty both before and after her husband's death.

>Still writes to the family especially his daughter

Not a substitute for parenting. Writing letters to a small child isn't being there, especially when it's in the middle or right after of the fucking Mexican Revolution.

>Father dies from poisoning
As far as she knew, he choked to death or didn't hear at all. De La Cruz got to tell the narrative. From the way the movie went, I'd assume that she never heard from him and assumed that he'd have vanished.

>Wife is like "Well fuck you, I'm going to make sure that your daughter and the future family NEVER remembers you and I'm also banning music"

Wife is pissed that she's due for a life of hardship and children and grandchildren hear that anger.

>Truth is discovered, Wife is like "Still fuck you because you should've never left and I'll never forgive you for it, even though my bitterness and selfishness still messed up the family by making them loathe you, I won't apologize, I'm still right 100%"

He still abandoned them and shouldn't have left in the first place and shouldn't have put his trust in a psychopath.

She was 100% justified in hating him and she got over it anyways. Hector was being selfish and realized and apologized for it. He did it too late, but she eventually accepted it.

>
>>he still fucking left his family behind
>To help them get rich with his music career

A she gave up to raise Coco as a family. He still wanted a career, so he split. She had no idea he wanted to come back, but she was still pretty hurt he left them behind in the first place. You think that's easy to forgive? I'm sorry you're a 4channer with severe mommy issues, but this is a completely different scenario

>>Are you a Hispanic living in the US and using your people (Mexico) as an excuse?
Nope, beaner born and raised.
I have lived all of me life here on Mexico

>>Their responses doesn't satisfy to your high expectations in the film.
Saying that X represented Y in a good way is not enough of a reason to praise a movie the way mexicans praise Coco

>>Who hasn't Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks pandered to? Shut up nerd.
That it's true but most pandering movies I can think of at least had more redeeming qualities than Coco
Also, no u, I guess

i preferred Book of Life to Coco, and i think it was the more visually interesting movie.

I completely agree with you
While Book of life had lots of flaws it's more visually interesting and overall more entertaining than Coco
Not to mention Book of life was made by a mexican

>One that he never apologized for while he was alive.

Yeah because he was DEAD, while the others were still alive

>A very, very small chance and he didn't get that money. His wife raised a child in poverty both before and after her husband's death.

Of course because his best friend killed him and stole his music to get himself rich and famous, Hector never had a chance

>Not a substitute for parenting. Writing letters to a small child isn't being there, especially when it's in the middle or right after of the fucking Mexican Revolution.

He wasn't away from his family for that long, which I'm still not getting why the wife was so fucking mad. He got home sick and decided to come back but got killed.

>As far as she knew, he choked to death or didn't hear at all. De La Cruz got to tell the narrative. From the way the movie went, I'd assume that she never heard from him and assumed that he'd have vanished.

Yes that makes sense, perfectly understandable

>Wife is pissed that she's due for a life of hardship and children and grandchildren hear that anger.

And again, before knowing the truth that's perfectly understandable!

>He still abandoned them and shouldn't have left in the first place and shouldn't have put his trust in a psychopath. She was 100% justified in hating him and she got over it anyways. Hector was being selfish and realized and apologized for it. He did it too late, but she eventually accepted it.

FUCK NO, he didn't "abandon" them, he was there during Coco's birth and left when she was a small child. Hector had TALENT, which would've put his family from poverty towards richness. How is that abandoning them?! Plus he didn't know that his best friend would kill him out of the blue, this wasn't some total stranger. Plus why oh WHY, couldn't this bitch of a wife just think of the bigger picture and apologize for her mistakes too. None of her shit was justified. She's a cunt, while Hector was made as some punching bag little wuss.

i also thought the covers of songs were more entertaining than the dodgy original songs in Coco.

literally the only thing that Coco had over Book of Life for me was El Santo shows up for ten seconds.

Oh yes so when you're in fucking poverty and there's a chance with your talent with making your family out of it. It's just best to ruin those chances like a retard, while having your child in a crime filled shitty area in Mexico.

Yes, i could forgive that, I'm so so sorry that you're retarded.

Plus
>I'm sorry you're a 4channer
>Saying this while you're on fucking Sup Forums

God shut up, you're so dumb.

(you)

is simple to understand, people loves pixar, mexicans loves pixar, it have a sentimental and also is about dia de muertos. Done master piece 10/10.

How the hell was she supposed to know any of that beforehand? How do you know he wasn't away for that long? Leaving your family behind right after the revolution just to chase a dream with little chance to make it? Just so you know, being an audience in a Disney movie, of course we will think he was talented and about to break through, but neither of them knew that. Leaving them behind to an uncertain future knowing Imelda gave up music to raise a kid and with no backup plan? That sounds a lot like abandonment, extremely foolish and negligent.
But how dare she have the NERVE to still be sore about it decades later, right? It's not like she realized the misunderstanding and reconciled right as Miguel left...
Oh wait.

So some of us exemplify the aspects of this site a little more than others. Do not be such a baby about it. I'd say the mommy issues should be your first priority, since it's clearly affecting your enjoyment of what should be a pretty simple and understandable movie

You're absolutely wrong in every way about. The first 2/3 are the week part of the movie. The last 3rd fantastic. Any other opinion it's objectively wrong.

>Yeah because he was DEAD, while the others were still alive

So he never admitted he was wrong.

>Of course because his best friend killed him and stole his music to get himself rich and famous, Hector never had a chance

Which means he probably should have stayed at home and never left in the first place.

>He wasn't away from his family for that long, which I'm still not getting why the wife was so fucking mad. He got home sick and decided to come back but got killed.

Yes he was. For years.

>FUCK NO, he didn't "abandon" them, he was there during Coco's birth and left when she was a small child. Hector had TALENT, which would've put his family from poverty towards richness.

Being present for a moment and visiting every so often on his plan to win the lottery is not sound parenting or what his wife signed up for when she married him.

He was one step above being a deadbeat dad when his daughter remembers most vividly her hoping she'd get a chance to see him.

Talent or no talent he was trying to win the lottery and put himself above family and chose traveling with De La Cruz over his wife and kid. He was a foolish, selfish man and the movie took great lengths to point that out.

>Talent or no talent he was trying to win the lottery and put himself above family
There is nothing wrong with that to begin with, you can't live for others.

Fuck Imelda, I get that she felt resentment because of not knowing the truth but when it wasn't abandonment, she didn't stop and realize how her ways had harmed the family. She BANNED music and the message of the film is poison, "Well it doesn't matter, that your resentment and bitterness harmed the family, don't apologize

How was this simple? She banned music because of her bitter and selfish ways without apologizing for it. She didn't even apologize that she led for her family to hate Hector, fuck you and this film

MLP FIM has been the best show of the 2010s and I feel bad for those who never got on the ride or if got on it now would have the charm ruined for them by hype and stigmas

"My family is my world"

>"Well it doesn't matter, that your resentment and bitterness harmed the family, don't apologize
Did you even watch the whole movie? She ended up recognizing her mistake.

As much as I love Small Horse Show, it has too many flaws to be the best show of the 2010s

Which is the reason Mexico is still a third world country. No one thinks for themselves there, only think what's good for the hivemind

>So he never admitted he was wrong.

How could he ever admit if he's dead, how can he communicate that?

>Which means he probably should have stayed at home and never left in the first place.

Yes, staying home towards poverty, while he can purse a career to get his family out of it?

>Yes he was. For years.
Wrong, the last photo was with the wife and daughter when she was like five and that's the same time that he died. Which means he wasn't gone for that long, maybe months at best

>Being present for a moment and visiting every so often on his plan to win the lottery is not sound parenting or what his wife signed up for when she married him. He was one step above being a deadbeat dad when his daughter remembers most vividly her hoping she'd get a chance to see him.Talent or no talent he was trying to win the lottery and put himself above family and chose traveling with De La Cruz over his wife and kid. He was a foolish, selfish man and the movie took great lengths to point that out.

And so was the wife for banning music for her selfish reasons and creating a future generation of family members to have resentment and hatred, yet the film took great lengths of leaving that out

Where was the part that she apologized, I must have missed that part, oh wait, she didn't

>Yes, staying home towards poverty, while he can purse a career to get his family out of it?
To begin with is clearly stated he pursue the career more for himself than for his family. Secondly chasing for the winning lottery ticket is not a sound career option.

No it is. Name one better, I dare you

So he makes a mistake and he becomes the devil, while his cunt wife creates a family of music hating, resentful people, yet she gets away from it scot-free

Great message, great one

A happy, successful family of cheery people.

You seem to have resentment towards women user.

which version of remember me is better?
hectors soft, tender, sentimental version?
or de la cruzs grander and louder version?

So
Much
This

Mexico has everything to be a first world country but we're all sheeps and yes men.
We say we're cabrones but we're just a bunch of passive people

ernesto, get off of Sup Forums

You're just going to deflect any cartoon I mention.
No cartoon is objectively the best of any era because that's a matter of opinion

I'd love for Imelda to Jump My Bones

So...what was De La cruz's role in the team?

Backup singer? PR? He's pretty talented even if it wasn't his songs

So what happens to all the non-Mexican Hispanics?

How many drug cartel victims became one with the Force?

I liked Coco.

But I despised that fucking "Holly Jolly Bullshitty Time Of Year" crap they pulled. What was even the fucking point of the Frozen short?

Good taste amigo

I wish Mexican women actually looked like this. Where I live they're all too short, fat, and ugly.

What does that even mean

Frozen merch sales boost

>i also thought the covers of songs were more entertaining than the dodgy original songs in Coco.
youtube.com/watch?v=VzvkrIF95nE

I honestly cannot take BoL fags seriously. Its almost funny how people only cared about Book of Life once Coco was announced,

Thanks, man. If only she could've gotten just ONE flashback in the movie! Hopefully, there are still deleted scenes that take care of that.

Book of Life and Coco were two fairly different films. One was about making life decisions about what path you will pursue, one was about following personal desires vs family connections. Sure, there were a lot of similar themes, but you can't really say that they had the same resolutions. Maybe if you haven't seen either one, you'd assume that they are.

>Predictable
>He didn't see coming the most important plot point in the movie.

Chiapaneco?

>I need things explained to me
Did you miss where she gave her blessing to her great grandson and welcomed the presence of music and Hector into her family?