Big 'Dark Phoenix' News Dump

Some very exciting news.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookherald.com/the-complete-x-men-reading-order-guide-modern-marvel-comics-era/#xmen2
youtube.com/watch?v=2MKGy2cg4Wk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This movie will belong in the dump.

Cyclops is finally not a cuck again
>Kinberg said that the Cyclops/Jean Grey dynamic is the central relationship that will hold Dark Phoenix together. Cyclops fights to save Jean every step of the way in the comics and it seems that the film may be no different – provided Scott isn’t the major character rumored to die. Kinberg said “that relationship, his being willing to kill or die for her, is a huge part of the emotional core of the movie. It also makes Scott start to have to become a leader.”

OH BOY YET ANOTHER ARTICLE COMING OUT OF ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN MAYBE 12 HOURS

If this movie somehow stops Jean and Logan in th comic from becoming a couple that will be the only good thing in the movie.

I’m sick of Logan and Jean.

>Dark Phoenix picks up specifically in the year 1992, at a time when the X-Men themselves have unexpectedly become national heroes. Professor X, who has even been featured on the cover of TIME Magazine, is in turn inspired to push his X-Men team into taking on increasingly dangerous and even reckless missions. (“Pride is starting to get the better of him,” according to Kinberg.) Disaster strikes when the X-Men agree to a rescue mission in outer space, during which the X-Jet is struck by a solar flare that ignites the power-hungry force known as the Phoenix within Jean; a power that she only began to tap into, during the climax of X-Men: Apocalypse.

Jean is the worst thing to ever happen to X-Men

Too bad it's Twinkclops and Chin Grey.

I'm guessing its Mystique dead since JLaw said this is her best performance as the charatcer.

>Some very exciting news
You're being banned to Sup Forums?

kek

when does the "exciting" news start

>“It’s about the butterfly effect of this thing happening. What happens when the person you love the most falls into darkness?”
How big is the age gap between Jean and X? This is weird.

So with the FOX/Disney deal almost confirmed, whats even the fucking point of seeing this now, or New Mutants? JLaw is crap, its ANOTHER fucking Phoenix story, and its going to go nowhere.

Just give the right back. This is a disaster.

Genosha has also been confirmed.

Im very excited for this movie since it's gonna be huge and X-Men are going to space.

Deadpool & New Mutants are really gonna be kickass too.

Sounds great to me
Just watch them like regular movies. CinematicUniverefags i swear.

>That stupid fucking face
Why couldn't you finish the job Ramsay?!

Shut the fuck up chode.

Has it? Doesn't seem as fun without Sentinels there to wipe it off the map.
Thats a fair point. Though I don't really have much faith considering how Apocalypse panned out. Make no mistake, I'm not saying X Men in the MCU makes it instantly better, I'm just saying why get excited/invested when we're hard rebooting soon?

Simon on why Apocalypse was shit
>“I think we took our eye off what has always been the bedrock of the franchise which is these characters. “It became about global destruction and visual effects over emotion and character.”

Chastain might be playing a skrull.

>provided Scott isn’t the major character rumored to die.
It won’t be, the kid playing Scott is in ready Player One. The X-Men movies love to tap into the up and coming kids like they did with Jlaw and now the two Stark girls.

True. I hate this whole buyout thing. I would say get excited before Xmen movies become something created by business people.

Cause Fox aren't business people. Right. X3, Wolverine Origins, and Apocalypse, yeah, those were just a bad dream I had.

>Before X Men movies become something created by business people
They already are

>Xmen movies become something created by business people.

They already are.

STOP TRYING TO DO THE PHOENIX!
Goddammit it was done nearly perfectly already and you're only going to fuck it up and piss off all the nerds.

The director has a vision in this one is what I meant. The MCU just uses directors as puppets.

This director directed the back half of Fant4stic after Trank was fired. He's a Fox puppet.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Turner is absolutely not the kind of actress who can pull this shit off. It's going to be trainwreck with that alone, much less all the other bullshit FOX will heap on.

Stay mad Cyc

No need to get mad user

You're cute, you know that?

The only one mad is you.

Man, she is ugly.

>The X-Men movies love to tap into the up and coming kids
Are you sure that's just not Bryan Singer?

well played, friend

I want to get into Xmen. I have seen all the movies so have a basic understanding of some plotlines. Can someone give me the order? I know a lot of it is CLaremount. I read other comics but this one seems to be the hardest to find a clear reading order of the classics.

Start with Chris Clarmont, all their most famous stories and characters came from him. The beginning of his run hasn't aged well (neither has any 70's comics) But once he gets into the Pheonix Saga everything after is golden.

If you want something more modern check out Grant Morrison's New X-Men in 2001, then Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men in 2004.

comicbookherald.com/the-complete-x-men-reading-order-guide-modern-marvel-comics-era/#xmen2

Imagine if they actually merge this universe with the MCU and they left J-Crap out of it.

anyway you can give me the series and issues or a screenshpt? the guy wrote A LOT of xmen comics.

Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975) leads in to X-Men #94 and is pretty much one giant narrative all the way to #280 in 1991.

#100 - #138 is roughly the Phoenix Saga, but you may as well start with #94.

New Mutants starts in 1983 and coincides with #167 of the main series.
X-Factor starts in 1986, which coincides with Serect Wars II and #202 of the main series, and is arguably the point at which the "classic" X-universe starts to fall apart.

she was literally in the first issue

The fact that Sophie looks nothing like Jean in the slightest makes it impossible for me to care about her as the character. Its not like her acting makes up for her lack of appearance either.

He didn't say her addition ruined the x-men. Her existence ruins the x-men. I disagree with him but I do think she is a dampener for the series. But hell who know's they might have done some even worse dumb shit with another character like hank

They should cancel this movie and franchise and give the right back to Marvel. That way we can have the X-Men (and FF) in the MCU.

It would be the morally right thing to do.

/thread

Never go full faggot retard.

>Chastain might be playing a skrull.

But fox only has the rights to the Super-Skrull, not the regular Skrull.

>dat rapeface

/thread -ing yourself cuck

Why the fuck is it raining with Storm right there!?

Why the fuck does she have an umbrella in the first place?

What early 1990s song is Quicksilver going to listen to while he runs?

I'm guessing she wanted to look "normal".

I can't take Synger's fucktoy seriously as an actor.

>Chastain might be playing a skrull.
She's playing a shapeshifting alien. We don't know anything more about her character.

Can I start with the new Astonoshing X-Men? The new ongoing series?

Post of the thread

That actress from GoT is awful.

Why even bother when X-Men will be rebooted soon and gets the MCU treatment with a lot of quipping.

The fuck? If she wanted sun, she could make sun appear and look normal as a person without an umbrella.

I don't think that's a good idea. There's a bit of exposition here and there, of course, but too much of it rides on the idea that you already have some sort of feeling about the characters involved, whether you like them or not. Specially since one of them fucking dies.

It always rains in movie funerals, son.

ALWAYS.

They can both use the Skrulls, but only Fox can use the Super-Skrull because of his connection to the Fantastic Four.

>Some very exciting news.

What, is it cancelled?

>X-Men agree to a rescue mission in outer space, during which the X-Jet is struck by a solar flare that ignites the power-hungry force known as the Phoenix within Jean

So it's pretty much the Fantastic 4 Origin rewritten for the birth of Phoenix cause they can't go intergalactic with the Shi'ar Empire

youtube.com/watch?v=2MKGy2cg4Wk

user, the only differences between that and the comic version of Jean becoming Phoenix is them going into space voluntarily instead of half the team being kidnapped by Sentinels, and it being the X-Jet instead of the Space Shuttle.

I guess their make-up budget took a hit.

t. Edgar

Because this won't change any of the upcoming X-Men movies planned out. Just means somewhere down the road they might put them in an avengers movie separately if they want. Not every movie needs to be connected to each other.

Where?

Will this be cancelled now?

Gee can't wait for the latest episode of Mystique and friends. Sooner Disney gets this shit the better.

Kek

> Hottest Superhero Story of all time.

Are they right? Are they wrong? What's better?

I think it's just a pun.

>But fox only has the rights to the Super-Skrull, not the regular Skrull.

This is old news

They mean Sansa's firecunt is gonna burn down the house.

I think they simplified the makeup to coax her in to it, since she hates it.

Are they really making a Roseanne movie?

I hope they keep her masked for 95% of the time

They never wear masks in movies.

this trend needs to die

Gotta get that GOT cash.

She's riding on that, and the fact that she's a Brit. Brits shit out a lot of actors who go through a ton of good actors through their drama schools, but Sophie didn't do that so shes just some famous thot.

No, Netflix is doing a reboot/continuation/sequel of Roseanne.

Think that's a fanedit, she won't be wearing that in the movie.

Shame because it makes her look 10x hotter.

Why do they hate costumes so much? They weren't even putting any effort into Lilandra.

Would it be that hard to put that iconic hair/hat thing on her?

Forgot pic

her resurrection was the worst thing to ever happen to X-Men. If she stayed dead then things would have been better.

>Gotta get that GOT cash.

Same for New Mutants, DOFP and DCEU Aquaman

They're wearing blue and gold outfits. Yay

She is not Lilandra, she is Veranke.

Well thank god for small miracles. Not that it'll save this movie. But at least it's already better than this shit.