Who is your favorite black super hero?

Who is your favorite black super hero?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efei6R5oKOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mostly for the 90's Spider-man cartoon
Cyborg was fun in the Teen Titans, but I don't think he's all that good in other media

old static prolly

Vixen

old static. I'ma actually looking forward to the new Earth-M stuff even though DC hasn't advertised it at all and I don't expect it to last.

hey dude. props

You already posted him.

Why couldn't HE have been in Justice League instead of Cyborg? He'd still fill both the black quotient and the tech-support-guy role, AND he'd fit thematically more since his whole origin story is tied to the Death and Resurrection of Superman, and the idea of Superman inspiring people.

that would've been better.

>Why couldn't HE have been in Justice League instead of Cyborg?

You would have to believe that Cavillman could inspire somebody that much.

He also visually fits much better with the other core 7, I feel. Robin in Teen Titans Go was right - Cyborg has no cape, you need something to flow dramatically behind you in a group shot.

Course, it doesn't help that they took away the cape from Steel's media depictions. Both of them. Back in the fuckin nineties.

I'll get some flack for this, but I really liked the MCU version of Falcon we were given in Winter Soldier. I liked the missiles, his guns, his optics and Stark tech, the bullet proof wings, just all of it. He felt like an actual credible threat, and while the movies didn't go into his personality much, he was still cool to me.
I'm also a big fan of Snipes' Blade portrayal.

Switching gears to comics - Monica Rambeau all day long. Her attitude was down to earth and relatable while her power level was OP as all fuck.

Because he's a Superman sidekick instead of an independent character like cyborg

>I'll get some flack for this, but I really liked the MCU version of Falcon we were given in Winter Soldier.

What? Everyone here loves CUT THE CHECK as Falcon, and they actually use how powers well in-movie.

Black Lightning. I hope the upcoming show doesn't change that.

does blade count?

That's horse shit, he's not a "sidekick", he debuted as a hero when Superman was friggin' DEAD, he carried the Man of Steel legacy and his own ongoing title for 52 issues (appropriately). Christopher Fuckin' Priest wrote it!

Not to mention Steel already had his own standalone movie before literally any other Justice Leaguer who isn't named Batman or Superman.

I liked Static's show as a kid, so him I guess.

This.

bill. i know he is an alien, but he is voiced by black dudes most of the time

Was it a good run worth looking for?

That movie is a riot to watch

The hopefully upcoming Kevin Hart as MCU Wolverine.

Either Static like these guys or Icon.

What do you like about her?

Is Den black? Is he a super hero?

I sometimes forget he's black under there.

Wait shit I change my answer

Incredibly awesome comic relief and badass when he needed to be

Eddie Brock

Luke Cage

OBVIOUSLY T'CHALLA.

Either her or black Panther (I love his suit)

I feel good everytime I see Storm BTFOing Wonder Woman in MArvel x DC

Such a stellar series. His dynamic with his brother is top tier.

I also have a soft spot for black Wally as of late. Since becoming his own character I've actually begun to like him, especially in Priest's Deathstroke

Prowler is fucking awesome.

I reread this recently.

Holy shit is this 90's as hell.

>those fucking names

>CARDIAC
>CARDIAXE
>GAUNTLET
>that 90's as hell writing and dialogue

>Nightwatch being a walking "tortured hero" cliche

I mean I can't hate it. it's such a time capsule

Nick fury.

nick cage before they fagged him up

spawn

It might be Josiah X. Just for how much wasted potential he has, considering Marvel likes to pretend he doesn't exist.

Black Panther... but only from Christopher Priest. Otherwise, I really like War Machine. He's been solid in every book I've read and I liked his run as Iron Man back in the day.

Worst is Captain America Falcon. Such a waste. Falcon had done so much to establish himself and then he just becomes a legacy character, not to mention his character changed when his new role came up. He was great as Falcon and I miss his old self. He'd be at the top if he was his old self

gorilla grodd xD

Which is weird, considering you'd think they'd jump at the opportunity to use him

Yeah. Honestly, I just wish the Crew got to go on for longer. The first arc was rock solid, and it was building up to something great. Josiah was just one of my favorite parts.

I think if they had let it run for longer Josiah, Kasper, and Priests take on War Machine would have been much bigger characters instead of being shuffled off to the side almost immediately.

As a side note, Kasper Cole is also in the ranking for favorite black superhero. I liked the whole "be a superhero so he can make bigger busts" thing, combined with his actual desire to do good even if it meant he had to let the bigger fish go. His design is also great once they got the right artist to handle it

Blade was fucking awesome when i was a kid
Also, Meteor Man, but just because he has a catchy theme song

To list?
Strong
Confident
Competent
Flirty
Sexy
Fun power set

Vixen is great. Not "omg, she's fuckibg perfect, yesss queen slay!", but god dammit if that doesn't help her case. She's big, but not too big that the normie wank is retardedly obnoxious.

Dunno what this is, but I'll check it out

Black Panther, been a fan of his after the Priest run years ago.

War Machine

Thor is my favourote black superhero.

Awesome guy all round, really.

Start with the old Priest/Bright run.

Auntie

Remember when you could do a black superhero without feeling basically obligated to loudly broadcast it at any and every chance?

Is Val-Zod interesting

This guy

Static shock

Too bad his nu52 run sold like shit and got cancelled

Glad to see a fellow valiant reader. Currently reading ninjak but I wanna get this and also divinity

My man

Black Bolt.

Not even joking, Damage Control is great and Albert is a fucking boss.

Her design is hot, her powers are cool, she's a badass girl but don't look like a raging lesbo.

There we go.

Got you anons.

>When Bibleman backslides into the darkness.

Geeze they really...hammered the point in.

>Marvel
Nighthawk until he got sJwUSTed

>DC
Vixen

I feel inadequate

My nigga. John Stewart in the comics has always been really uninteresting short of the mosaic run, but in JLU, that version worked really well, especially bouncing off the personalities of the other members.

We WAZ...

I love everything about Black Lighting as a street level hero.

Works as a Teacher
Has a strong supporting family cast
Socially conscientious but not preachy because he's not a dumb kid.
The voice of morality on a team of darker heroes for the Outsiders.
A good human being all around, with a strong moral compass.

Black Lightning needs more love, and I really hope his TV show gives him the props he needs. I love Static too, but he's always been more of a kid-appeal character to me. I feel like Black Lightning feels like a really responsible adult who has the maturity you're kind of missing a lot of younger heroes.

I like John Stewart has he had that unique caveat to his GL powers of "Johns engineering background leads him to build his constructs from the inside out so they are actually more solid than other GL constructs."

I mean John's always been the most forward thinking and efficient GL of the Earth ones, although that's not saying much given their tendency to go full-retard at times.

It's why I'm glad he's Corps Leader. He's always been the dependable one since Rebirth.

Harsh but true.

Chieftain of his people. Enslaved and experimented on. Cursed with eternal life and entombed. Trapped for three thousand years, until freed into the modern age. A monster, with the heart of a king, in a strange new world.

It's SUPERVOLT

Barrock Obama

Black Dynamite

youtube.com/watch?v=efei6R5oKOQ

>mfw this is the only actual we wuz character I've ever seen

Afro Samurai

either vixen or steel. i really like don cheadle.

At least we have the 2 part movie coming out.

the red, i would love to see her as a character with stories like animal man's and sampy's

Oh man, that's a good pick. N'Kantu gets a ton of use, considering that he's a mummy, but I guess the ability to move faster than molasses helps sell him as a threat.

Virgil Hawkings.

Young, idealistic, open to others, and I think he actually helps more super villains with words than fighting them

do you think he ever put his black dong inside Ritchies white ass?

I member that, you also wouldn't have faggots crying about him being black.

Even without the mask you wouldn't really know unless someone told you

>ctrl+f kara boga
>ctrl+f bbc
>ctrl+f turk
>ctrl+f cuck
>ctrl+f wuz
>0 results
>ctrl+f nig
>3 "night"s and 1 "nigga"
>ctrl+f wuz
>1 result

someone stated on /co that some rights/Marvel doesn't 100% own them issue has come up and that's why neither he or Patriot can or will be used by Marvel anymore

Pol isn't on this board. Thank god.

It's probably his connections to Eli. They kicked him to curb and everything that was remotely related to to him.

He probably did along with Frieda’s.