What's his best comic/run?

What's his best comic/run?

Batman

Best comic is probably going to vary depending on taste - some people are going to say All Star Superman, others are going to say Seven Soldiers and some will post to non-big two stuff.

Best run, same thing: Filth, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, etc.

52, Invisibles, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, JLA, Filth, All-Star Supes

I've never read a bad comic by him though. Even Final Crisis is very good if you actually read all the issues (not just the core series like some retards do).

Doom Patrol is probably the best run he's had on a book, with Batman and Animal Man (in that order) following close behind.

His best self-contained book is Flex Mentallo. Runners up are All-Star Superman and Invisibles.

Doom Patrol and All Star Superman

Thank God Richard Case stayed on Doom Patrol the whole time, because every other long series he's done, besides JLA, suffers from inconsistent art. JLA just suffers from Howard Porter.

New X-Men sucked ass, thanks for storytiming it this week.

Tie between Seven Soldiers and ASS for me. Those are the ones I always end up revisiting. Probably read them both about 8 times each by this point, though if I had to give it to one it would probably be ASS. I guess you could say I'm just an ASS kind of guy.

hypercrisis

Why did Frank draw him in such an unflattering way?

As far as single issues are concerned, Ultra Comics is my my favorite single issue of a comic I've ever read.

If I gotta pick a series, it's silly and pedestrian compared to some of his other works, but I fell in love with his Damian and Dick Batman & Robin series

>52

I genuinely enjoyed reading this, especially given that I had no context for a lot of what was going on (for example, that Kon had died, or who the fuck Wonder Girl was) since I hadn't read DC comics for a while and what I had read in the past was more stuff like Sandman or older Silver Age stuff. But I knew enough to really enjoy the ideas (such as the island and Egg Fu and the scientist, or cannibalizing a Phantom Zone projector) that were brought up, or to enjoy what was brought up (such as Reign of the Supermen even when I wasn't clear on some of the characters like Infinity, Inc., so to me, it's a good read and something I'm looking forward to re-reading now that this stuff will have a lot more meaning to me. But not sure it can be credited to Morrison as a good run.

The mad scientists island and space stuff was Morrison. So he essentially wrote the most entertaining parts. I think Morrison can be credited with it since he was carrying 3 bland as fuck writers.

Best: Doom Patrol

Worst: New X-Men

Does Patrick Stewart have any comic runs?

am i the only one who loves multiversity?
havent read doom patrol or his batman run yet so that could change.

Doom Patrol. Bizarre, but not decadently so with strong human thematic cores for each arc. It is also, incidentally, the best Fantastic 4 run ever.

Best: Tie between Animal Man and Doom Patrol
Worst: Skull Kill Crew

But here's my question, besides the Dark Desciple (Mark Millar) and the New Hope (Gerard Way), are there any other comic writers directly influenced by Grant's work?

zenith

>The Seven Soldiers mini-series Guardian has a wonderfully absurd subplot involving two warring pirates who have taken over the city’s subway system. In a textbook example of Anxiety of Influence – not to mention a pretty good joke – these pirates are named No-Beard and All-Beard.
>In the pages of Guardian, Grant Morrison (No-Beard) and Alan Moore (All-Beard) battle to the death for control of underground domain no one really knows or cares about. Just like in real life. Of course, in the end, No-Beard is triumphant, but his victory is meaningless, as it is clear he will soon join All-Beard in death.

Best: New adventures of Hitler
Worst: 52

Best: 7 Soldiers is a love letter to what's great about the DCU. Also the 2 issue JLA arc with The Key and the Elseworlds dream fucking owns.

Worst: Animal Man isn't bad but it's overrated, Moore-lite, which is why it's Johns' favourite Morrison.

New X-Men
You know it's true, Sup Forums. No need to deny it.

Not even his best Marvel work

What parts of 52 specifically did Morrison write?

Why all the greatest comic book writers are bald?

>Purpose is just to set magneto up as a villain again
>Destroys the interesting character of Xorn in the process
Nah

Doom Patrol.

The Filth and Seven Soldiers.

Animal Man has some fantastic single issues but as a complete "run" it's definitely his weakest.