Is Astro City any good? How does it differ from Top Ten?

Is Astro City any good? How does it differ from Top Ten?

It's less of a clusterfuck than top 10.

Yes, is very good. Much emotional. Much heart.

Top 10 good but is too much.

This. I actually had to drop the series because it was giving me too many feels.

The Starbright issue still gets to me.

>Is Astro City any good?
Yes, it's great.

>How does it differ from Top Ten?
Top Ten is more like a police procedural with super-powered people, whereas Astro City is basically your standard cape universe but where time actually moves and you get to see things from many different POV, from heros to villans to civilians.

>the 1/2 issue

It has better covers. The best covers.

Why is Busiek such a fan? He's like Waid but with self awareness

Except when it comes to the X-Men.

Top Ten takes place in a city where everyone is super-powered, but acts like your everyday people so it works like your average day in a city, just that everyone there is superpowered.

Astro City is about a city with a history of superhumans usually seen through the eyes of its non-powered populace.

Busiek is from the first wave of continuity nerds, he loves how complex things come together. I read an article once that made the claim that it was Busiek who ruined comics because he popularized the deep continuity dives and made retcons a lot more prevalent.

I gotta read Astro City, his indi stuff is far better than his big 2 stuff. Autumnlands is so fucking good

I think it's the best cape comic on the stands at the moment

>No one forgets. No one.

Top 10 is a sitcom masquerading as a superhero police procedural. The difference between it and Gotham Central and, say, Powers, couldn't be more stark. (Love them all though.)

Astro City is the best superhero continuity. After 20 years, it has all the strengths of DC/Marvel (pathos, rewards close reading, legacy characters) and none of its weaknesses (retcons besides the 1/2 issue, continuity bullshit, multiple writers), and homages the best of both of those. Astro City is unbelievably great, its only flaw is that it can get a little corny sometimes, but it's easy to overlook.

One of the calling cards of knowing a book is good is when its not posted on Sup Forums. Do yourself a favor and read it.

i don't like astro city but goddamn that 1/2 issue might be my favorite single comic

i will never forgive him

Alex Ross is the man

Don't ever visit his twitter if you want to keep liking him.

All he does is post his art, the fuck are you on about?

Say it aint so? Post article?

this, i lurk constantly and have never seen it brought up even casually

think ill give it a read, it sounds rad

True.

>Is Astro City any good?
Nope. It's very SJW. They had issues dedicated to nigger super heroes

Nice shitpost.

God damn you Busiek, this story

it was a god damn gut punch

The last issue is the worst thing I ever read. I have been reading Astro City since the late 90s and it almost made me drop it completely. My only hope is the next issue.

they are doing a follow up the nearness of you in the title's 50 issue.

Racist (shit)posts are against the rules. Enjoy your ban.

I can only imagine how much butthurt you must have had in the mid 90s, if you were there

it's glorious

it's not racist if it's literally stating the content of the comic issues, you dumbfuck.

It is racist if you call them "niggers" tho.

I have no problem with black on black pairing. That makes more sense than the stuff I mentioned.

we've been calling them niggers for decades. Just because some other people declare the word as "racist" doesn't mean it actually is. It's made up bullshit to silence people, and distracts you from being able to discuss topics freely.