Kurt Busiek's Conan is literally the best comic ever made

Kurt Busiek's Conan is literally the best comic ever made.

You cannot refute this, so don't even try.

But the point is that it is the best comic ever in the entire history of the medium and you should go read it right now because if you haven't you're REALLY missing out.

But what most people don't remember about the Kurt Busiek run on Conan is that there was also a miniseries that he wrote in addition to his scripting for the ongoing series.

It was called "The Book of Thoth" and we're going to read it right now.

In addition to Busiek's 10/10 writing, it also features the extremely highly stylized art of Kelley Jones, who's mostly known for a bunch of horror comics and some 90s Batman and Deadman stuff. This is some of his more subdued work, but you'll probably still dig it if you're a fan of his style.

It's also really fucking long (around 170 pages give or take IIRC), so it'd be appreciated if anyone reading gives the thread a bump every once in a while.

CONAN - THE BOOK OF THOTH #1-4

STORYTIME

alright I'll read

Mandatory "lol book of THOT" post so you don't have to

Oh shit, nice, OP! Busiek's Conan is one of my all-time favorite runs on anything ever. I remember being a wee lad pulling comics for the first time, and this was the most enjoyable thing i got every month, alongside Katehunter and Baker Plastic Man.

Roy Thomas did it better

ISSUE #2

WW/Conan made me wanna try some Conan and I love Busiek. Thanks OP.

Ok I gotta say this, this is 100% fucking predictable garbage. It's a fucking "Bad guy rise to power and everything goes right until it doesnt" story. The art is pretty great and the colorist did a fantastic job with the inker for once but the story is overwhelmingly boring.

ISSUE #3

Bump