Meh.

Major uncanny valley.

Otherwise its alright. Inoffensive.

the train is good
everything off the train is less good

No.

Bland.

T. Hanks

Childhood is thinking it's the best Christmas Sup Forums movie to date.

Adulthood is realizing how fucking creepy it is.

It should have been traditionally animated to fit the comfy style of the book

It's no Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph, but it's an all right Christmas Flick.

But seriously, what was the deal with that evil hobo?

I still like it

It felt like it was trying too hard to me. It kind of crams the holiday wonder down your throat.

Mediocre and creepy movie
Decent breakfast cereal
I still remember the cereal
It was pretty good

For some reason when I was younger I imagined the hobo being an alternate future version of the kid

It's his self-doubt and shit.

He represented the Chistmas Spirit I pressume, or at least tried to guide the kids, sorta like a guardian angel.

>"Tell me.Do you believe in ghosts?"
>Kid moves head sideways.
>"Huh...interesting"

It was an ok movie, but my childhood loved it.
It's a classic around these days in my family, I remember going with my mom and lil bro to see this movie in a V.I.P. cinema, it was dope.

But mostly, the message really made me feel wholesome, since I interpreted like the "magic" will always stay if you believe the purpose of giving and caring. Being family or individually, the sesation in blissfulness is strong with these movie.

It's 3/5, moderately comfy. It's going to go down as a Christmas Classic though because ABC Family got the rights to it and an entire generation has grown up watching it every December.

Yes. But their eyes look creepy.

One of the extremely rare instances of "Only watch it in IMAX"

Because that still has some of the best 3D I've ever seen, so much so that the IMAX in Seattle ran it for 6 Christmases in a row

I have a webm file, that I got from here, but the site is claiming it is too large...

youtube.com/watch?v=COdoHpU_a8U

Does anybody played the video game ? I Remember being decent used to played it on my pc during December.

Presumably it was the train himself.

Always reminded me of my great uncle though. Like in every single way.

For some reason, Freeform has cut out the campfire scene with the hobo and that has made me really mad for some reason.

Also, the north pole in the movie is basically the Pullman Sleeping Car Works in Illinois, which is a cool reference. As, a trainfag, this movie does a lot for me.

This movie has haunted me since I saw it in theatres as a kid.
Every scene with the protag had me in suspense. I kept thinking he was gonna get thrown off the train. From the first time he can't find his ticket to whenever he gets out of his seat to check on the other boy to when he's mucking around Santa's sack. I think it's because when I was growing up I was always told to sit down and shut up and seeing this kid running around without consequence.... shakes me up every winter.
really wish I had chose scene Peter Pan instead

On retrospect I agree with the "manifestation of self doubt" user. But as a kid I thought it was another kid that got stuck up there/forced up there for disobeying and grew up without getting found. I hadn't connected that the Conductor took kids to the control room. And when it finally clicked, I retconned that the kids who disobeyed were turned into those puppets and kept in the..puppet room?