Family Guy Season 16 is actually good

You know, we all know Family Guy has been pretty sucky in the last few years but something has changed this season, it feels like they are putting more effort in the comedy again. Less LAWL CUTAWAYS LMAO and more situations with the characters. The show's liberal bias has finally died and it is back to the centrist equal comedy it used to have. This might be due to Seth recently.

I don't know if you guys have noticed, after the election he seemed like he got less liberal than used to, he still is left but I think he has finally seen how both sides can be cancer which he makes fun of in an episode. The Orville seems to have made him happier and Family Guy seems like it feels funner for him now since a while ago.

Seriously check this out. (BTW since episodes take a year to make some of them do have some MUH RUSSIA hacking and was most likely when people believed it more. Like seriously tho overall both sides are made fun of more now, more than South Park does nowadays too.

Must watch this specifically: youtu.be/6q8jkReniTY

Also the flanderization has gone down a tone too. Peter is retarded but back in a more lovable way, Lois isnt really that crazy anymore and back to being a lot more down to earth(as down to earth as someone can be in Family Guy), I havent seen 1 Stewie gay joke this season(except episode 1 where he was being that gay guy from Modern Family but that wasnt really a gay Stewie joke even, Chris isnt Peter 2.0 anymore and feels like he is his own thing again, Meg isnt ridiculously hated to the same extent anymore, it is very mild this season and actually funny when it happens(her family seems like they actually care about her).

If you havent watched I suggest you do. Also, skip episode 1 desu, that was the only episode that was pretty stupid, more meh, everything after gets better and better tho.

They are also very self aware in this season and know they are inferior to the Simpsons.

Other urls found in this thread:

splitsider.com/2016/11/talking-to-showrunner-alec-sulkin-about-working-to-revitalize-family-guy/
youtube.com/watch?v=3mzRiwhHcGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off Seth I'm not reading all that

I forgot Sup Forums can't read.

I liked the first few episodes, but it seems to have slipped back.

I do agree that this season has been far better than previous ones, it does feel like they're somehow trying. Episodes are funnier, there are less cutaways (and they're shorter), grossout humor is basically non-existent currently, and when used it's quick and to the point, as a punchline and not purely for shock value (like the vomit gags they've done).
The characterization feels like it has dramatically reverted to that of season 1-4.
Aside from this though, I'd be lying if I said I'm happy they're avoiding stewie's gay side. That to me felt like the best part of nuFG, and I miss it a bit. They're characterizing him as way more cynical now, and it feels weird.
Next episode is the 300th and it's a brian&stewie plot, so I'm looking forward to that, but I'm still sceptical about it, because with this show you never know when they'll decide to be consistent, those rare times.
I have to say I also enjoy pretentious-douchey-NotReallyCultured Brian over his original voice-of-reason self. The two of them are the part that I actually prefer now over what they were in the beginning, and I feel like the absence of this in this new season can be felt.
...Anyway, you're not wrong, they ARE trying to do something more.
splitsider.com/2016/11/talking-to-showrunner-alec-sulkin-about-working-to-revitalize-family-guy/
We'll see where this goes.

You're not wrong. This season has been pretty good.

Kanye canes made me laugh.

>If you havent watched I suggest you do. Also, skip episode 1 desu, that was the only episode that was pretty stupid, more meh, everything after gets better and better tho.
You're a crazy man, that episode was the best so far.
>They are also very self aware in this season and know they are inferior to the Simpsons.
This has been a thing for a while actually.
youtube.com/watch?v=3mzRiwhHcGY
But yeah they have been doing more self-aware humor.

Yeah gotta admit it is a lot better than usual especially the Christmas one.

I'll agree it's gotten better, but it's still only good in small doses
Like all sitcoms, the comedy disappears when the plot kicks in
so it's best to find youtube channels that only post the first 1/3 of the episode and watch new family guy that way
it beats the hell out of watching reruns of the 1st 12 seasons on the 10 channels it airs on now

Why does american dad suck now?
did they trade writers with the family guy team?

>I just wish (insert show) got out of politics.

>family guys was bad because it was political but now it's good because it's political in a way that i agree with

Kloger was purile

Fuck off Seth, no one likes your boring samey cartoons, except boring, samey people.

Has brian told off quagmire yet? I know this gets brought every other day but i just want brian to tell his ass off to the point where quagmire cant say shit

Quagmire is the character they ruined the most.

The "Quagmire's Mom" episode sort of counts, in a way, even if Quagmire doesn't quite respond.

i watched the christmas episode and i honestly didnt get any of the jokes
i think they are losing it and they have gotten so disconnected from the original concept it comes off as wired and bizzare

seth, you made a joke about an adult man giving a blowjob to a fucking baby, who the fuck does that

That's all well and good,
but the character designs still suck, and that's a big turn-off for me.

I don't doubt that it happened, but when was that?

>show is better bc MUH POLITICAL VIEWS

go back to Sup Forums

I agree

4channers and people with dark humor.

this
Sup Forums would eat shit if it made a sjw mad