>Disney is going to announce buying FOX by Thursday

>>Disney is going to announce buying FOX by Thursday

Great, now the MCU is going to be overrun with
>>Mass appeal X-Men
>>Wolverine everywhere, going to Japan and shit
>>Phoenix AGAIN
>>Deadpool LOL so FUNNAH XD everywhere
>>Dr. Doom appearing in every other film and acting like every other MCU villain, cause lord knows we have so many MCU villains that are assholes who think too highly of themselves
>>Endless parades of "super smart villains" from the FF series
>>Every title we'll normally get from the MCU pushed aside for this
>>Oh, and Deadpool/Spider-Man shipping

I guess we gotta wait another 10 years until they kill off those characters and we get to something interesting again.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/pPYEfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>live action
Who cares?

Did Age of Apocalypse appeal to anyone at all?
I feel mass-appeal X-Men is a step up from unappealing X-Men.

Stewart and Jacked Man saved Logan from being a badly written piece of crap.

Deadpool will be over the very moment audiences decide that Reynolds has wore thin.

>Mass appeal X-men
>Wolverine everywhere
>Deadpool LOL so FUNNAH XD everywhere
Was already a thing that came and went, technically, so you're late to that party

>Pheonix AGAIN
>Dr.Doom appearing in every other film and acting like every other MCU villain
>Endless parades of "super smart villains" from the FF series
>Every title we'll normally get from the MCU pushed aside for this
>Oh, and Deadpool/Spider-Man shipping
Not inherently going to happen, and is all EXTREMELY heavy speculation at best, for the time being.

>Every title we'll normally get from the MCU pushed aside for this
Do we even know anything about phase four yet?
At worst we'll get things you don't like. At best this just opens the door for more cosmic properties.

How do we stop the mouse?
How long till they buy Nintendo and shit?

what for his trademark to expire

Once the mouse gets something it never lets go.

Where did this Disney buying Nintendo meme start?

They are literally too big to fail

>How long till they buy Nintendo and shit?
never, Japanese companies can't be bought by foreign companies. Besides, there many times that Nintendo rejected being bought by other big companies like Microsoft and they said no. And that deal had a $25 billion offering.

all the rumors pointed towards Secret Invasion, but after this deal, we will most likely get the integration of the Xmen into the MCU. Why? Because the masses are planning to drop the MUu after Infinity War, and the only thing that could keep them coming would be the Xmen, who already are massively popular, instead of experimenting with whatever leftovers from the Phase 3 we get.
Almost every franchise on the MCU could
benefit from Xmen IPs, the Shi'Ar and the StarJammers on GotG, Storm as love interest for T'Challa, Memepool and Wolverine in the Avengers, and so on.

Can we take a step back and think about this for a minute? This might actually be a good thing. I'm not saying we should bow down to The Mouse, but you got to admit, FOX has kind of been going in circles with X Men. They have no idea where to go.

If Marvel introduces filthy muties to the MCU I'm going to picket outside my local theater at every new release until they remove them.

They want to own your childhood

>FOX has kind of been going in circles with X Men. They have no idea where to go.
This. At least letting Feige have the reigns of the franchise means a new perspective than the one we've been stuck with for 18 years.

I just hope they can shut down that pretentious Fox Searchlight studio.

I wish I could tell them that one give a shit if your stupid little art movies get Oscars, Searchlight! Art snobbery is a cancer that's killing the movie industry.

Try making something that is actually profitable and force for good in society like the MCU that actually reaches and improves billions of people instead a bunch of snobby, jackasses who think film is really important and serious. The Oscars are all just one big circlejerk for Hollywood.

>Stewart and Jacked Man saved Logan from being a badly written piece of crap.

Soooooo, does this mean Deadpool 2 and Dark Pheonix are cancelled or what?

It's like there's nothing left to care about in the comics anymore.

>Because the masses are planning to drop the MUu after Infinity War,
OK you are full of shit.

Did Sony have anything other than Spider-Man? Or does Disney finally control all Marvel properties?

Nintendo is worth ~40 billion, Disney is worth ~92 billion.

A company isn't gonna buy a company worth half it's assets at worst they could do a merge.

I honestly wonder what they can even do with the X-Men as all the big stories have been done. Then again, it would be nice if they changed the tone of each other X-Men film.

I think they'll still come out. They're already finished. Just everything afterwords will be rebooted.

They can finally have an X-Men movie where Magneto doesn't hijack the plot.

After a year where all three MCU films made $800 mil?

I'd rather see Disney buy Toei. And hopefully Power Rnagers.

Then we can finally get some western Ex-Aid kino

She was so cute in Guardians two, I wish drax wasn't so mean to her.

Isn't Disney buying FOX for 60 Bil?

Agreed. The only thing Bryan Singer has ever had a firm grasp on has been a teenage boy's ass.

I want a scene in Avengers 4 where Mantis touches the Hulk, and then Mantis Hulks out.

Disney have full control over all Marvel characters except
>Spider-Man: Joint ownership with Sony
>Hulk: Joint ownership with Universal
>Fantastic Four: Fox doesn't own the production rights, another studio does
>Rom: owned by Hasbro
>Man-Thing
>Namor

I don't want anyone to buy Toei. They're not perfect, but the last thing I want to see is Disney cancelling Kamen Rider or something.

To be fair, for every two good movies the FoX:MCU has, it has one bad movie.

GOOD
X-Men
X2
First Class
DoFP
Deadpool
Logan

MEDIOCRE
The Wolverine

BAD
X3
Origins: Wolverine
Apocalypse

This may sound like a win, but the bad movies the FoXMCU have are usually bad. Like, bad, bad. HORRENDOUSLY bad. The kind of bad that tanks cinematic universes. It would be good if the Xmen were kept in their universe separate from the Avengers, but I can see why some would favour the move.

I just want pic related to happen again. Hell, we could even have Battle J Fever pop up in the MCU. That'd be rad as shit. Plus Disney DID own Power Rangers at one point. If they were more competent, we could have had Rangerkino co-existing with the MCU. Maybe even a proper Western adaptation of Kamen Riders

Well whatever they do, I just hope Jean is left behind, and that Magneto is severely downplayed if included. Like instead of Magneto being hands on, let him direct The Brotherhood like Charles does with the X Men.

You know they'll be there.

I just hope they do Rogue right. Hell, put X-Teens in there and I would go nuts.

Rider & Sentai are unironically too good for Disney & the MCU. Probably because they have more memorable music, 50% of the time have equal directing/choreography, other 50% is way better than Disney, and the fact that they are year long shows allow for more characterization and let's you grow more attatched to them.

go back to /vg/ you fucking fagioli

Rom isn't a Marvel character

>>

best co server discord.gg/pPYEfw

Well you're comparing 50 episodes to a few two hour movies. Of course the Kamen Riders get more characterisation. But don't forget that they only last one year

Jean is a dead horse, only she never seems to stay dead. The only thing she adds is bullshit love triangle drama, and phoenix crap

DITHNEY GUD

First 4 were already happening. And we’ll see about the FF. Could be the franchise is too damaged

Well yeah. That's what I said.

>Rogue

Can someone reminds me what happened to her at the end of FOX-Men movies?

Wait Disney is buying Fox? Doesn't that mean that literally 3 companies are going to control all the mainstream news in America?

If they add them to the MCU, I'm not sure how they'll do Magneto at all. What, he's just this super old holocaust survivor mutant who in his twilight years decides to start a terrorist organization? It's not like Ant-Man where you can just say, "Oh yeah back in the 60's all these spy missions against the commies happened but obviously you wouldn't have known about them, because they were top-secret." Magneto's plans are and always have been very high-profile and large-scale. The existing MCU timeline just isn't built to accommodate that.

I guess what I'm saying is that they're throwaway. Honestly, I wish someone like Garth Ennis tore a new one at Toei for KR - for all of Ennis's gripes of superheroes, KR has literally become more of a corporate vehicle than any superhero equivalent in the US. As much as you enjoy a KR series for a good 50 episodes, after the series ends, there is no sequel. Thats how throwaway it is.

If only anyone under 50 still watched mainstream news (I assume you mean TV news).

They're not buying the news part.

The only reason this conclusion exists is because Infinity War 2 is the final stop right now.

I think they're just buying a buttload of IPs and accompanying distribution and merchandising rights. But I'm just an uneducated internet fool so what do I know?

Well Magneto can just admit like many other holocaust survivors that he was never in any death camps.

Unironically, this. I cannot see Disney maintaining the MCU hype after Thanos. Considering that, even in the comics, Thanos bested threatds like Galactus, the Celestials, all other future big bads will pale in comparison to Thanos.

That being said, I would want to watch a Secret War movie. Or a House of M movie. And a few of the heroes could be introduced - like Nova, Captain Britain, and the Eternals. But the normies are watching the movies for Thanos. Thanos is the payoff. And unless Feige adds in some sneak peak that will get people to watch past Avengers 4, I'd say its the end.

Just say that mutants were extremely rare before Infinity War and the infinity gem fuckery resulted in a mutant population explosion, causing the gene far more frequent. Magneto sees this, and decides he should protect his own before history repeats

Just the ones who tried to make their fortune off of books about it. I imagine many of the real victims want nothing more than to not think about it.

Really though what can Marvel do with the X-Men that hasn't already been done in some form? Only half decent thing I can think of is Mr Sinister

Copyright terms should be 35 years with an optional 5 year extension. That's it.

>Reynolds
>implying they won't recast him

Good luck there Nintendo, Sega has been dead to me for years and the SNES was for fags

First movie: Juggernaut, only now with the ruby and connected to Charles.
Second movie: Mister Sinister
Third movie: Master Mold

My captcha was danger close and Im spooked

Anyone else think this buy out will cause Marvel to make five films a year?

>>Mass appeal X-men
>>Wolverine everywhere
>>Deadpool LOL so FUNNAH XD everywhere
>Was already a thing that came and went, technically, so you're late to that party
Difference being that more often than not those were well made and didn't pander to little kids with turd jokes or trying to reduce the plot to one liners so people don't get bored.

Seriously, when they are not having fight scenes in Civil War, it becomes a competition on how characters can out-cool each other with their dialogue while leaving the room

Hopefully, I want more mouse dick in my life

Off the top of my head, and now that they are connected to the MCU:

Secret War (look at that cover. LOOK AT IT. imagine the MCU and XMCU characters on it)

House of M (Wanda, knowing that her deceased father, Magneto, is alive in another world, along with her brother, wishes for a world where everyone in both the MCU and XMCU got what they wanted)

AvX (the comic was shit, but so was Civil War. Get the Russos, and we might have an interesting Avengers versus Phoenix flick.)

And then there's X-Force. Age of Apocalypse, where Apocalypse actually won. There's a lot of material there, its just a matter of how well Feige can keep this train going.

What's wrong with no continuity? And not carrying on is just as anti-corporate because they can't rehash the same stuff and sell on seasonal recognition, gotta start fresh.

It's not "throwaway" if it ends like a story usually does.

Forgot the cover like the dumb ass I am. BUT LOOK AT IT. IMAGINE

Swap each character with their respective MCU and XMCU counterparts. HOW HYPE WOULD THAT BE

>Thanos bested threats like Galactus
He sucker punched him with his beams in the Thanos miniseries, but was about to get splattered before appealing to Galactus to spare him because they needed to team up, and then he later used trickery to leave Galactus weakened. Other than that, I don't know when he beat him. He was clearly shown as inferior to Galactus in a straight fight.
>the Celestials,
He beat some Celestials in Infinity Gauntlet, but that was when he wielded godlike power that was not his own.
>all other future big bads will pale in comparison to Thanos.
I disagree. The Celestial Host as a looming threat is actually a great direction to go from here, as on their own, they're more powerful than Thanos, and the idea of holding the earth in judgement is terrifying enough on its own to make up for the stakes being slightly lowered. For one thing, they've been shown at various points and established as very dangerous already. For another, Thanos' army in Infinity War is rumored to be called the "Deviants" which if they go into what that means, also hints at the Celestials' arrival. And they just got the Mutants back, which further ties back to how they can establish them. I don't know if they're going to keep making Avengers movies, but if they do, I can see that being the direction they take.

If this is true, and to be honest, I really want to see them introduce the Eternals. Or somehow make the Asgardians Eternals or some shit (why not?) The Eternals were Kirby's New Gods but in the MCU, and I could see Marvel doing a better job at them than Steppenwulf in JL.

So what MCU film do you think will introduce Mutants?

Avengers 4
Maybe Secret Wars of House of M, but thats my fantasy

Avengers 4. Phase 4 will be the "Fantastic Mutations" phase

Avengers 4. They wold have known this was coming. It's why it's untitled in case talks fell through and they had to go with something else.

>Or somehow make the Asgardians Eternals or some shit
How crazy is it that I had the exact same thought before refreshing the page and seeing your comment? Chock it up to how often Kirby came back to the concept of glorious-techno-space-gods. Yeah, that seems like the kind of change the MCU would make that would work pretty well, tying several MCU concepts together, making the Celestials feel impactful and relevant to what has come before.

>capes
>interesting in any scenario, regardless of corporate circumstances
Choose-o uno.

I think you are all right. At the end of the Avengers 4, we're going to get some reality distortion shit we're brand new people are brought into this universe by the Infinity Gauntlet. Dr. Strange will say something like their are mutations present in the Earth's population or some shit. That user is right, I think the reason why Avengers 4 got a name change from Infinity War Pt.2 was because the talks with Fox were beginning to happen around that time. It all fits of you go back and check when that name change happen. For all we know, Avengers 4 will be some new original name like "Infinity War Mutated"

I always hear this, but how did Zuffa(the old UFC owners) end up owning PRIDE Fighting Championships(A Japanese MMA company)?

>Thursday

Nope. They might announce a memo of understanding, but it's highly unlikely. There's no reason to do it before the end of the year, financially or otherwise. They'll be adding a third significant stockholder and a Murdoch to boot and no one at Disney is in any rush to do that.

Disney is considering buying what some newspapers are calling $60 billion in assets. The person you're replying to is just tossing out numbers. The deal will probably be closer to $40 and is mostly stock. Fox's stock isn't really rising higher than it has been although this has been hurting Disney's stock a little bit.

It's better to look at it this way. Disney as an entire entity (from ESPN to the amusement parks to Hyperion Books to Marvel Comics and Buena Vista, Disney, Pixar, LucasFilms, etc. made about $8-9B and Fox (all it's entities from FSN, FBX, FX, the regional sports, it's share of Hulu, assets that aren't even for sale here) is about $5-6B in assets, a great share of which will end up with Disney based on what they are talking about (e.g. the studio film and TV production, the share of Hulu, etc.) but the other Murdoch kid will end up with the stuff kicking in the more consistent income, e.g. Fox News, FBC, etc.

Yes because we have a long history of "cinematic universes" that have existed and tanked.

God I hate memers.

It wouldn't be hamfisted either. The coming of the Asgardians to Earth would also mark the introduction of the Celestial Host to Earth, and with it, the other Eternals. This would also introduce Thanos as a mutant Eternal, as he was in the comics.. It would help introduce Hercules and Makkari (aka Mercury), as well as Ikaris (Icarus) and Thena (Athena). Lotsa options there.

Asgardians were created by Atum/Demogorge releasing Elder God energy.

Set of course started that shit and is an opponent of the Celestials.

They’re buying everything BUT news, sports and the Fox broadcast network.

There was a very quick turnaround between the Sony deal and Spider-Man being introduced, but I think that was to get him in Infinity War, mutants and F4 I think will be rolled out slower and be the focus of the next phase, a big motivation of the buyout I believe is to acquire more content to keep the MCU train going post Infinity War as they've been burning through quite a bit of the biggest non X or F4 villains and stories, things like House of M, Secret Invasion or even AvX could make for big exciting stories.

>Asgardians were created by Atum/Demogorge releasing Elder God energy.
There's no evidence of Elder God energy or any of that ethereal Earth-god stuff in the MCU though. They haven't even introduced Chthon to Scarlet Witch's story or the Vishanti in Doctor Strange, nor did they mention anything about Thor's mother being Gaea, so It doesn't look like they're going that route. There have, on the other hand, been all sorts of references to the Celestial robotic space gods. All things considered, that seems a more likely route to explain Asgardians than something they've never touched on before.

Reminder that the X-Men and related teams and villains are staying in a separate universe from the MCU in order to increase the total possible number of movies they can make. This way they can have basically two MCUs.

www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/marvel-cover-story
>“We’re looking for worlds that are completely separate—geographically or in time—from the worlds that we’ve already visited,”

moobiees

> user thinks reshoots and rapid script changing lead to good movies.

If that means what you're interpreting, that's probably smart. Don't even try to squeeze Mutants into the MCU's timeline at all, make them an alternate reality, and you can keep making Deadpool movies and such without having it cramp your style with the MCU.

I didn't even mean power levels. I was just saying Avengers 4 is literally the last known stop.
And when the ride is over people get off, non? So until /any/ news of phase four comes out folks are going to perpetuate that people are hopping off the MCU when its done over two years from now.

The Other was a late addition by Whedon. "The Other", Blue cloak, grey skin, gives Loki the sceptre, making him instrumental in Wanda's gaining powers, and using others science experiments to achieve it.

The Other's use of Telepathy and super-speed is especially highly suspect.

It is possible Loki was found by Chthon and gave him the scepter with the mind stone then sent to Thanos (where Chthon had infiltrated by turning Thanos's adviser into The Other). If it is Chthon, then all he wants is for Wanda to fight Thanos (and thus embrace his power) and for Vision to die, he likely does not care about the Infinity Stones, though obviously knows how they work.

Scarlet Witch has a connection with Chthon through the experiments performed on her involving the mind stone in a mountain base in Sakovia (the MCU version of Wundagore Mountain).

Chthon and Scarlet Witch are the next big villains after Thanos in the MCU.

Funnily enough there was a "Sup Forums leak" which said if Strange is not popular, he'll be axed.

Probably because they are leaning toward replacing Strange with Fantastic Four as no one gives a fuck about the mystic part of the Marvel universe.

I mean, Strange is likely to be nothing more than an exposition tool and taxi in IW and A4, just like in the comic where he was a total pussy.

You forgot that Ronan snapped his neck

Marvel Studios isn't going to kill off magic stuff from the Disney wants them to set up stuff to make attractions in Disneyland or other theme parks to combat the appeal of Harry Potter at Unviersal Studios parks. They'll make movies about the Ancient One when she was young and previous sorcerers in the past and that will help set up people back when she was young hundreds of years ago that also had super powers like Hercules and fought villains like some of the Old Gods. That's why you keep seeing Disney employees posting about Hercules on here and Sup Forums. They want to make solo movies about him and have him be a better version of Superman than the DC movies.

In Marvel lore, The Other is Chthon's elemental host. It's possible Chthon possessed one of Thanos's underlings.

The scepter being given to Loki by The Other, and that scepter unlocking and/or granting Wanda powers, is very suspect given Chthon's history with Wanda in the comics.

The Other being killed by Ronan matters not; his entire purpose may have been to ferry the scepter to Wanda Maximoff on behalf of Chthon.

I think at this point, Dr. Strange and Benedict Cumberlongerdingdong are way to popular to axe. Plus magic is more interesting than another F4 movie where they've done nothing to make them popular to the masses

I have no doubt that Whedon was trying to evoke Chthon with the Other giving Loki the sceptre that turned Wanda and Pietro, but as far as I can tell, that's how far the adaptation goes. Ronan casually killing the Other to show his power indicates to me that he's not intended as a long-term player, just an Easter egg more than anything.