Me wanting Mexican comics is still Sup Forums related what gives

Me wanting Mexican comics is still Sup Forums related what gives.

Thank you for the user that recommended Ghost Rider, I'm on issue 6 right now but are there any other Mexican superheros?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Witsilopochtli.ogg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's not that many, last thread listed them all

Gods and Monsters Superman
El Chapulín Colorado
Jaime Reyes
Jessica Cruz
Kyle Rayner

>Kyle Rayner

Not cape related but Love and Rockets deserves a mention

I wanted to put a mexican in my comic but there was no room. I had to use a Native American instead.

>lists Americans

There's Rictor, from X-Factor.

Bueno Excellente

Nova/Sam Alexander is half-Mexican

What the fuck there's two of them?

Why is the nationality of the character so important to you? Why is a comic that features a Mexican character labeled by you as a “Mexican comic”?

Forgot my fucking picture

Aracely is Mexican and the reincarnation of an Aztec god.

What the fuck backstory is that

Who cares? She's cute! CUTE!

I want to read comics with Mexican characters, why do I need a deep reason?

A freaky mesoamerican-religion-inspired one.

His daddy was Mexican

What comic is she in?

the 2012 Scarlet Spider run.

Its set in Texas.

The 2014 New Warriors, for sure. I'm looking for her other stuff right now. Scarlet Spider, I think? She's a side character in other people's books, mostly. One of Sup Forums's more obscure waifus.

She's a major character in Scarlet Spider

A major side character. She's not even important enough to be able to search by her name on the Marvel unlimited app.

I'm almost done with Ghost Rider so I'll give it a read once I'm done

Robbies not doing so well

Well there's bunker from the Nu52 teen titans. Whatever happened to him?
If you're looking for straight up mexican comics, I once asked a mexican user and he recommended Memín Pinguín.

Whatever happens to trentitans period?

This was a fun ride I'm sad it's over though

you could read the ghost racers mini.
>the multiverse ended
>god doom created an arena to entertain the mases

El Santo

luchador comics.

there's a ton of 'em. but especially El Santo.

>Aracely is Mexican and the reincarnation of an Aztec god.
>What the fuck backstory is that

And it seems her creator, Christopher Yost, at least has researched a bit on the Mesoamerican religion when doing so.

As a Mexican, I think she's a great character with lots of potential and I adore the connections she has with Huitzilopochtli and hope to see more of her.

I don't know if the editors or writers of Marvel (other than Yost) will ever use her again for anything or develop her though. But I hope that if they do, they hire somewhat really competent and really knowledgeable in Aztec myths, history and practices and Mexico in general. Or at the very least, someone interested enough to heavily research these subjects at length.

They'll give her to Gabby and turn her into a badass genderfluid bruja

>They'll give her to Gabby and turn her into a badass genderfluid bruja

they will, and the meeting to decide this will include the sentence "All Mexicans are the same thing, she's fine", guaranteed.

>Me wanting Mexican comics is still Sup Forums related what gives.
requests go in /r/ puto

>posting mexican comics in a thread about marvel/DC Latinx characters

>mexican god-based hero

I guess they have a "capture the gayest looking mofo on the opposing team and sacrifice him or her to the gods"-rule?

wait, you're Mexican right? just make one

>Latinx characters

Fuckimg Sup Forumsmblr
Please kill yourself you absolute faggot.

It's how it goes. They have all sorts of nationalities in their series, but they're all shades of US Americans.

Does Machete count?

Behold....El Cerdotado.

Almost like it’s an English-language comic made by Americans for which Americans make up the vast majority of the audience or something.

el libro vaquero is your best deal for mexican mans doing mainly stuff and beautiful normal cis women

Kaliman or El Vaquero.
But hey we are going to have a Vikings cartoon which probably will release comics on the go

Mi negrito sandía

Pues que caray, verdad?

DC's Firebrand and Chronos

Whats the appeal of luchadors?

whats the appeal of wrestling?

they were a big thing back in 50's it can be said Luchadores started superhores movies

chinanos need an excuse to learn their culture.

Comics aren't culture

you could argue that they are. Just look at superman and batman.

She is suppose to be Huitzilopochtli, Aztec god of war and the sun. quite cute but sounds like a wicked theme for a superhero.

comics have their own culture.

>Huitzilopochtli
How the fuck do you pronounce that

If you know spanish and if you are mexican you should give it a try to "La familia Burron" de Gabriel Vargas being the most iconic mexican comic and even define the era of comics in Mexico. Is a very simple (and very mexican too) slice oflife but if you enjoy comics like Peanuts or Mafalda you may like it.

Uits silo potch li

>ctrl+F
>No Anya Corazón
Come on Sup Forums
>inb4 white
look at our telenovelas, the women are light skinned there too

G&M Superman is an illegal

Where's my Goji bros at?

something like
Wee-t see lo poch tly
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Witsilopochtli.ogg

Americans will not write a comic about mexicans living on mexico, go read mexican comics if you want that.

>She is suppose to be Huitzilopochtli, Aztec god of war and the sun. quite cute but sounds like a wicked theme for a superhero.
>I guess they have a "capture the gayest looking mofo on the opposing team and sacrifice him or her to the gods"-rule?

Ironically, sacrifice victims for Huitzilopochtli had to be warriors. They even went so far as to enact a law that prohibited using people from far places, so they had to be other Nahua warriors like the Aztecs/Mexican (or at least from around the zone).

And that's for the minor sacrifice victims; I don't know the requirements for Huitzilopochtli's teixiptla (essentially the guy who was to represent the god for a while on Earth before dying as him by way of sacrifice), but the ones for fellow major god Tezcatlipoca were very, very exact:if I remembered correctly, he had to be young, tall, not misshapen, well-spoken, without weird spaces between his teeth, no big noses, muscular, cultured, and so on and so on.

sensacionaldeluchas

We have a lot of stuff like that.
Just read the story of Huemac, the original thicc connoisseur.

I remember her from conexion manga.

yes

This guy.

Bueno.

what an ass

Meteorix, aka Mexican Goku.
A teenager who got superpowers, was trained by a busty cat girl, is always surrounded by waifus and fought a tranny Marilyn Manson, Michael Jackson, a kaiju platypus, David Bowie, Pink and a monster made out of hair gel.
Also, all covers are either homages or pure, undiltued fanservice.

People belived that the Hummingbird was his animal form and simbol.

Also El Pantera

is literally his name.
hummingbird of the South

And Kaliman, who fought Galactus, Doom, Hulk and a bunch of Things out of a legal dispute between his creator and Marvel Comics, over the use of "the Incredible Man" (Hulk is also known in Mexico as Hulk, the Incredible Man)

How known is Kalimán? Is he famous? Or is he more like aquaman

He's famous. Everyone knows him, but only a few could tell you they've actually read about him.
He's up there with Santo, Memin and El Pantera as a reference for mexican comics.

GOD TIER

Pretty famous, Back in the day there was a radio show of him. Im talking waaay back.

>Ironically, sacrifice victims for Huitzilopochtli had to be warriors.

Well pretty much all of the X-men have recieved military training and are vets.
Also most of the leading members are really pretty.

So the gods will be pleased.

El libro vaquero is all you need
I remember how awful were this two
He knows what's up

It was the 00s.
Everyone and their grandma were trying to make manga. I legit remember Conexion Manga having multi-issue tutorials on how to mimic your favorite author's style.

Every week you'd see a new comic book on stands, then tough shit if you enjoyed it, because 90% of them wouldn't even make it to issue two.
There's this urban legend between comic book authors in Mexico. That if you make it past issue 10, then you made it. Everyone was shitting bricks when Meteorix made it to 90 issues before ending.

I know i remember them i still have a bunch of old Conexión Manga issues, they also had awful comics in it.

No mention of Bunker? For shame guys

Lol, I just went to my parents house and find like 4 o 5 issues, maybe I can go this weekend, pick them and scan them. I'm pretty sure I have the one of your image.

Why does he look like Jade Chan?

There is a tpb about the time hellboy was in Mexico, it's called Hellboy in Mexico

>Hulk is also known in Mexico as Hulk, the Incredible Man
fairly certain thats not true, since hes always been called el increible hulk, which is just the incredible hulk in spanish

I can confirm. It comes from the TV show though. It was called Hulk, El Hombre Increible.

I guess blue beetle could count although he's more chicano

>he's more chicano
in what fucking sense?