/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Cooku for Dooku edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Graphic Novel Adaptation (Tu 12)
Adventures #5 (Wed 13)
Star Wars#40 (Wed 13)
Star Wars Battlefront II: Resurrection (Wed 13)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (Fri 15)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Fri 15)
Chewie and the Porgs (Fri 15)
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (Fri 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513138878190.webm
tumblr.com/search/finnrey/recent
youtube.com/watch?v=LAM8eDtN3mY
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-thinks-last-jedi-was-beautifully-made-1067092
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there any hope for star wars going forward? I thought disney was supposed to save the franchise not ruin it

New Star Wars show coming soon.

that background looks awfully familiar, but i cant put my finger on it

While they might have ruined part of the content with the ST, they are still gonna make metric tons of cash because normies and us canon obsessed autists alike, are still going to buy movie tickets, merch, comics and books

>Luke forgives his father despite Anakin being a mass murdering Sith lord
>tries to kill his nephew because "maybe"
I don't understand.

APOLOGIZE

at least tell me john williams made better music this time

We'll just have to see the movie. Maybe it will make more sense then. hopefully

Age of movies is over, get ready for book kino instead

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513138878190.webm

What for? I've never doubted him.

Based CNN

Didnt we already have that. Between the ot and pt? And after the pt?

>

>cnn says its bad
I guess i have to like it now thats its confirmed good

>Be CNN
>Be fake news
Is the movie actually good?

A 3rd renaissance

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

It's time

I was always behind him because i loved the prequels. But he got greedy and sold his baby for money. He gets no sympathy

tumblr.com/search/finnrey/recent
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It was a knee-jerk reaction Luke immediately regretted. But even if Kylo knew that, I would never trust Luke again if I was him. The fact that Ben was only at that point of darkness because Snoke was manipulating him makes the whole thing even worse.

Imagine waking up to find the uncle you've been living with for years at your bedside with a gun in hand. The uncle you feel your parents abandoned you with because it was "better for you".

Everyone gets tired at some point

At least it's easy to laugh at the badness than shrug over nothing

What is Dooku so smug about

KYLO'D

Reylo is the best thing to happen to the series since Darth Maul.

Maybe the plan is to wreck the Skywalkers to get us hype for the next trilogy which will be free of lore constraints. We're in an abusive relationship always coming back for more, hoping we won't be hurt this time.

RENDERED

>he got greedy
He got old user. Old and tired of autistic pseudo filmcritics telling him his movies raped their childhood - despite millions of kids liking the prequels and playing with prequel toys and video games with prequel content.

How many of these people are newfags to Star Wars?

Is anyone a newfag to star wars?

Dont fuck with the Kaleesh.

>yeah luke in the clone wars I fought a tasmanian devil robot nigga with four arms and six dicks

Plenty of normies haven't seen the movies and you've got a whole generation of kids who grew up with Star Wars primarily as an animated TV show, while things like the MCU took the spotlight.

Don't underestimate the amount of people TFA brought into fold.

OH NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=LAM8eDtN3mY

I've never seen a cooler commercial for Star Wars home release

That's so stupid it gave me cancer.

I think we can all agree that Kylo is easily the strongest force user ever, right? The only other person that could even come close to his swordsmanship, force manipulation, and clairvoyance is Rey and she's his bitch now.

It's sand

>I was absolutely shocked by how much Reylo content there was in The Last Jedi. As a shipper, I would say the good scenes for Reylo far outweigh the bad - Rey and Kylo are basically positioned as destined lovers, and almost all their scenes together are deeply sensual. There are lots of long, lingering looks, and this is a movie where hands touching is basically a proxy for sex. Of all the Star Wars movies, I would say this one easily has the most sexuality.
>There is lots of angst. This is not a smooth and straightforward love story - it’s more about intense passion and deep, spiritual connection. There will be no easy path to redemption for Kylo, though I don’t think redemption is completely off the cards for him (see below).
>Rey and Kylo have a Force bond that allows them to communicate across space. So Kylo feels it when Rey is experiencing the rain for the first time, and Rey stammers in embarrassment upon communicating with Kylo unexpectedly while he is strutting about shirtless. There are lots of scenes like this and they are glorious.
>Kylo never goes to Ahch-To in person - he only appears there through his connection with Rey.
>The ancient exploding hut rumour from Bothan Spy is true. Rey and Kylo are bonding telepathically and are discussing forming an alliance. Kylo extends his hand and Rey accepts, and they lace their fingers together (Rey’s hand looks extremely delicate and tiny in his). Just as their hands touch Luke interrupts them - furious, he explodes the hut. It is played as if he disturbed an intimate encounter,
>Rey and Kylo are both convinced that they can turn the other person to their side. They both see futures where the other person is with them - they just have radically different ideas about how it happens (Rey thinks it will happen as Ben returning home, and Kylo thinks it will happen as Rey ruling the galaxy at his side).

>There is an elevator scene that is filled with charged looks and unspoken longing. I can’t quite believe it happened.
>Snoke claims that he engineered the connection between Rey and Kylo to manipulate them both, but Kylo clearly thinks otherwise. He considers it their destiny to be together and is adamant on this point.
>Kylo and Rey fight the Praetorian Guards together and it is truly glorious - you need to witness it for yourselves.
>Kylo tells Rey that he’s the only person who cares for and values her, rather cruelly (perhaps unconsciously - he’s arrogant and takes his high status very seriously) stressing her lowly origins and uncaring parents. He positions himself as the embodiment of the positive and loving future that she deserves (in contrast to her sad and pathetic origins).
>Kylo asks Rey to rule together with him, offering her his hand. Rey refuses in sensational fashion and they are separated by an explosion. When Kylo recovers Rey has gone, and he becomes very angry and vows to destroy her. He behaves like a thwarted lover.
>Kylo goes on something of a rampage in the final act (again, look elsewhere if you want details) but the final scene with him offers a flicker of hope. He is shown picking up the discarded dice from the Falcon and his connection with Rey awakens. He looks at her with something like heartbreak while she looks down at him sternly, closing the door on him. Beneath all his bluster and rage, he clearly still wants her.

Ben Solo did noghing wrong,Luke struck first and Han sent him to thst nephew killer,the new republic is a sham the new jedi are kidkillers

>when people complain a hero who's sleeper OP is shit so he gets buffed

THANK ME

He's not trolling

it's not happening
shiper scum

Episode 9 is going to open with Rey getting creampied by Kylo

And then he cums inside of her

That is a genuinely creepy thing to say.That person needs to see a psychiatrist

Trolling aside, kinda this.

It's clear that Ben Solo is being set up as the main male hero of the ST onwards. They have destroyed pretty much the whole old guard in prepping for his redemption. Even Rose seems to have a telling line about winning through love. They destroyed Luke's character, at least as so far as he is concerned in DisneyWars, had Leia send him somewhere it turns out he wasn't safe and wasn't going to get the help he needed, with Han never even trying to fix things until his death being sealed by forgiveness and a fathers love, ect, ect.

>tfw you are filled with conflict.

I hate almost everything they have done, every narrative choice made, but... I really fucking like Kylo/Ben. Luke used to be my favorite, and Legends Luke will always have a place in my heart right besides Donners Superman, but there is just something about Kylo, even if it's just Driver's acting and his design.

I was Reylo right from seeing TFA the first time, and honestly didn't get why no one else saw (generally speaking) saw it and wanted Rey to be a Skywalker. Even if it ends tragically (odds are good, this is SW, and Disney SW at that) I think it's pretty much confirmed that in a more optimistic galaxy he would have gone with her and we would have Solo babbies after a timeskip.

I'm so fucking confused. I both love and hate this movie already, in equal measures.

*Inhales*
The state of Finnrey whales

getting flashback
over the top ship
shit story
shit hero
ok villan

what is this

how no one already make this!

The movie does something different and triggers old fans.
I'm excited to see it.

Carrie was for Reylo too?

fucking kek

I think all the new characters are poorly developed, but I feel you. Maybe EU material will redeem and give them proper characterization and motivation. The ST has a lot of potential still because we basically have a blank slate as far as the galaxy is concerned and as far as the characters go. This doesn't make the movies or the disservice to OT good, but there you have it.

land whales 100%

what is the backgrund from?

Star Wars was a mistake.

Aside from seeing where Kylo goes, I honestly have no hope for it. This isn't like the MCU. There doesn't seem to be a plan, or even a desire to keep characters around for future use, and the 'new EU' is decent enough, but it doesn't really expand or take anything resembling a risk, like the old used to, for good or bad.

I mean look at the shitshow that is the Han Solo movie. actors who can't act. Fired directors. Not even a trailer. Ect.

I honestly don't have faith that they won't kill of Kylo in the end, either. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have assured 'you'/anyone that they would be stupid to kill Luke off, and that they were just keeping him a supporting character to avoid overshadowing Rey and Kylo, and he would be around for years to come (I mean, Hamill is old, but he's not THAT old. He has potentially decades of acting left in him.).

this fucking buzzfeed

watching boyega awkwardly stuck between two much older women made me harder than it should have

All of them

Yeah, she even helped write some of their moments in TLJ script

>why would she tell them to fall in love with the men who hurt them
When has Kylo ever actually hurt her? He interrogated her a bit then got dunked on in a forest by her, she's hurt him more than he's hurt her

Chewie hurt Kylo more than Rey ever did.

land whales

This
I don't get why people say he hurt her
Sure he kidnapped her and tried to mindprobe her, but she did it back on him

These whales don't understand that women are often attracted to 'bad boys' and attempt to change them

our guy

>implying Ezra would run away instead of getting his world rocked by a 10/10 Mirialan qt

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-george-lucas-thinks-last-jedi-was-beautifully-made-1067092

>"beautifully made,"
Kek
Based George

>Star Wars becomes Space Chick Flick
>/swco/ hated the EU because it turned Star Wars into a Sci-fi franchise.

We're reaping what we sowed.

>tfw Lucas knows that if he says he likes it RLMdrones will hate the movie

Explain to me how Rey could have this special snowflake Force connection with Kylo Ren if shes truly no one.
>all this shipping bullshit
Why exactly do women eat up stuff like this? Hes obviously evil

Because women romanticise everything

So where exactly is the OT meta plot going with KYBER KYBER KYBER crystals?

We know they're weapons to power Death Stars. So what?

>shipping is so important to them they verbally attack a dead woman
it's like tumblr is always trying to find new ways to prove how fucked in the head they are

Because they're the only force users in the galaxy and both extremly powerful. Why do people complain about her being a mary sue while constantly saying she has to have a special snowflake origin?

because those origins matter. If she was a Skywalker/Solo, then it's an explanation; given that the Universe before this clusterfuck paints the skywalkers as skilled pilots, and also talented in the force.

>EU it turned Star Wars into a Sci-fi franchise.
your dark eldar rip offs are not coming back

>women ship the lead girl with the hot brooding bad boy with a spark of good left in him
Why is this news to literally anyone, again? I don't understand

>Yeah, she even helped write some of their moments in TLJ script
Source?

Since when could randos have Force bluetooth just because they're strong? It's not like Sheev had a special connection with Yoda that he exploited to mentally shitpost at him with while Yoda hid on Dagobah. Not even Luke and Vader had this level of connection and they were both father and son and also the strongest force potentials in the galaxy

didn't vader call out to luke at the end of ESB

Yeah from like 2 miles away while they were still on Besoin, not from 200,000 light years away while being on the other end of the galaxy and without a blood relation that binds their fates in the Force

>and without a blood relation that binds their fates in the Force
Kylo lied about Rey's parents.

>source: my ass

>There's a scene in TLJ where Rey sees Kylo walking around shirtless through their force connection and gets embarrassed, starts stammering her words as he notices
Heh

Lads, is Star Wars ruined now?

Ask again in 2 weeks

>Star Wars
More like Galactic Chick Flick

>they finally fixed the music option so you can pick Continuous
thank god

>nu battlefront 2
>console
faggot cuck

>now

yes.