Sup Forums Christmas Cheer Thread #14

Previous thread: It's that time of year again. Time to share holiday comics, cartoons, comradery, traditions, and spread some cheer to your fellow anons.

As previous years share your Amazon wishlist and some random user may purchase a holiday gift for you. I'll have two of these pastebins going, one filled with the ungifted wishlist codes and another with all wishlists that have been posted this year.

To get your wishlist code open you wishlists on Amazon, then click on the name on the left side of the page it will update the URL at the top after /wishlist/. If you are using one of the international versions of Amazon please let us know when you post your list.

Amazon will automatically donate a small portion of your purchase amount to the charity of your choice if you simply type "smile.amazon.com" (or smile.amazon.co.uk) rather than using the usual "www". Doing this is just one more way to spread the love this holiday season (and the rest of the year too, if you so choose).

If you frequent the threads please don't spam your list number, if you want to keep sharing it please only post it once per thread. Just because you've posted your list doesn't mean someone will purchase you a gift. It's random how user's will choose who to buy for. But please take a look through some of the lists and see if there's anyone/thing you want to gift.

The pastebins will be updated at least once a day, if you have any questions or concerns you can email Elusive at [email protected]

Amazon changed how their lists work so please post letting us know when you buy gifts for someone.

Ungifted: pastebin.com/36vJM2pE
All: pastebin.com/rf4GDz5h

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3QvlNLE0Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=tdCb-0TPl7M
youtube.com/watch?v=APFy6-KUAJk
youtube.com/watch?v=xlf2P1Umcc8
mega.nz/#F!0xhCVAYJ!5NBubrEra1VAJD076-E6Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=YiFnhW72plY
youtube.com/watch?v=_tY-vKD49fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9SvRwoLWi30
pastebin.com/qmFcXwf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just copying from previous thread in order to keep the convo going

>Gotta try selling a few things I don't need on craigslist as well

my god, I know that feeling. I have tons of old (regular) books on my local Ebay but nothing is selling unfortunately. I was planning to get my brothers the comics I wanted to get them but Riddler was kind enough to already have bought (You) so at LEAST only one to go

The good thing is I can travel by train with my student ticket so that shouldn't be an issue when going to another town and visiting my girlfriend. Also, thank god that I got a gift card for the theater so I can see Star Wars and decide whether it shit on the OT

>It's why I'm trying to make most of my gifts this year

I've always been very untalented in making gifts. I don't have a problem with putting together furniture etc but making gifts....

reposting code just for the hell of it 1H0UA0MRH0GR1 .de

Beginning of Hanukkah, or Chanukah.

Oh and National Hot Coco Day.

Lists are currently at 147 registered and 48 ungifted.

Cheers man, not gonna lie, the meds are seriously doing me over. I was up 14 times last night.14! I am getting better at least. going to be great to have christmas with the folks once again though like everyone it seems, family drama looms on the horizon.

I have no idea why people can't just fuck off and be decent to one another in general, let alone on Christmas.

It's a shame there's no way to really track individual gifter numbers. I was thinking of holding a competition as the money is in short supply.

I've all but given up on ebay posts, too many times never getting bids or people flaking out or scamming. Get scammers on craigslist but able to weed them out quicker. I'll worry about seeing the new movie next week after payday.

Remember "...suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something."

And it's the thought that counts not the gift.

I know it sounds dumb, and as such I usually just tell people that I make stuff, but I've worked with most materials and fabrications. Hell was going to college for Mech Engineering once apon a time, before the recession screwed me over.

But I'd be happy to give pointers if you have questions, used to lurk /diy/ to do just that.

Just stuck working on some shirts for my Imgur SS and siblings, then thinking some wargaming stuff for roommates.

Well just remember baby steps, atleast you'll have two weeks to mend before then.

I was thinking of doing some contests next week, I've got a stack of Gravity Falls Soos question mark and Team Rocket shirts I was gonna try giving away.

294DF5ZJJVXQE

Might as well give this thing a whirl. A special shout out to those anons that have to suffer from heat on christmas season or even worse of all, christmas day.

We are all gonna make it, even if it we feel retarded looking at christmas trees wearing shorts.

Ha jokes on you, I wear shorts out in the snow.

Anyways welcome to the threads

recovery takes its time mate, you just wait and you will be fit in no time.

>I have no idea why people can't just fuck off and be decent to one another in general, let alone on Christmas.

everyone's got their problems I guess. some people just like to be rude instead of trying to be empathetic for once

In Germany, we have another version of ebay where you just sell things like on Craigslist. I have only come across normal people and I literally always ask for a telephone number so there's some kind of way to get back to them in case they try to scam me. I also like to text a lot with them in order to see whether they are trying to pull some bullshit but it's really nice people most of the time

>And it's the thought that counts not the gift.

I always say that too but I'm a perfectionist so I'm more of the "if you just know you can't do it right, then don't" kind of guy, especially if it's gifts. I also really don't have the time this year anyway so there goes that. fortunately enough, I knew what kind of presents to buy, that way I'm at least on the safe side

>but I've worked with most materials and fabrications

I never really did even though it's kind of a thing that I want to start doing. Even want to make a slipcase once I get all Smallville books together next year so if you have some pointers regarding that....

>tfw spent january this year in thailand
>tfw 30-40 degrees while it's 0-10 degrees in Germany

I usually have a soft spot for the cold and snow during winter but it was a great change

also, I wore shorts and a tank top during christmas time in Shanghai because the weather over there was constantly changing

Killem with kindness

>slipcase
Yea I can answer questions on that. Did ya want to do wood, cardboard, or plastics. And fancy with images, plain outside, or covered with a specific material?

want to make a very standard one because I have literally zero practice so cardboard is probably the way to go. wanted to have two different images as front and back covers and the side to be in the same design as the Smallville DVD boxes

found these two tutorials on YT but one tutorial uses a used book while the other only uses paper as material

youtube.com/watch?v=j3QvlNLE0Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=tdCb-0TPl7M

Killem with kindness

That's where I've been going wrong. I've been using shovels.

Both look to have useful parts. But I wouldn't kill a book to make something like this or use backboards for the main body. The template of the firstone would work with other materials so getting something heavy than the cardstock they use and cutting out of that. The actual cover they do in the second one would be what I'd suggest if you wanted images. A decent print of the covers of the dvds. A spay glue is your best friend when applying flat sheets like that.

For the core materials I'd recommend cardboard, not corrugated like most boxes. But the stuff that the back board of sketch pads are made of.

Dude shovels are for the second step, evidence disposal.

I wanted to use materials that are already available to me. I have some shoe boxes, some moving boxes and amazon cardboards. I mean I can try using those for the first run and see how it turns out

>A decent print of the covers of the dvds

haven't even thought about actually looking for high-res scans of the DVDs for that, stupid me. good thing is, I founds really high-res scans of the covers I want to use for the front and back portions

>spray glue

can't I just use regular glue?

There's 12 days til Christmas, which means it's time to enjoy some Roddy Piper.
youtube.com/watch?v=APFy6-KUAJk

RIWCARA1IDA8 .de

Throwing my list in, no gifts from me before 20th unfortunately

Shoeboxes should be what I was suggesting, just a bit thinner. If you have enough to do that doubled or use that for the outside and have the amazon boxes as the core to beef it up.

Regular glue can work but you have the issue of have to spread it around to get an even coverage and usually soak in and damage the cardboard or warp the print you're adding to the outside.

Spray glue usually wont soak in and get a nice even tacky surface without too much work, helps on keeping the outside paper smooth.

Welcome, I'll get ya added in the lists. but you need to add an address to your wishlist.

Don't forget to add the 5th issue of Krampus! to your folder for next year, you stopped short!

I'll pop back and download it, I don't think the last one was released when I got them last year. I also thought they were the krampus movie comics when I started posting them.... how wrong I was.

I posted it in the previous thread for you so the readers weren't left hanging if you want to just save all the pics. I have that Krampus tie-in comic saved too, figured to wait until someone was going to stream the movie.

Hmmmm, is it working now?

but then the case would be way too thick, wouldn't it? I am aiming for a thickness that is similar to regular DVD or book cases and those are never double layered

>Regular glue can work but you have the issue of have to spread it around to get an even coverage and usually soak in and damage the cardboard or warp the print you're adding to the outside.

that makes sense. I'll see if I can find some cheap spray glue first

>evidence disposal is the second step
I disagree, it's way down the line when I've got a cadaver. Far, far down.

yep all better

I saw it, I was figuring I'd just download your pics. And maybe actually read it.

Regular cases are usually that shoebox material but thicker. Heck most hardback books have that same material under the cover. The only reason I'm recommending to go thicker is to have enough structure to stand up to having books going in and out, and to hold them all up. Too thin and it will start bowing or just tearing from weight.

You can usually find small cans of spayglue at dollar stores.

Well the blackmarket does have a need for organs....

>The only reason I'm recommending to go thicker is to have enough structure to stand up to having books going in and out, and to hold them all up

yeah, that was my primary reason for wanting to go with cardboard. I'll keep it in mind, thanks. the weight shouldn't be a problem since there are supposed to be eight paperbacks with an average of about 150 pages. I think a regular slip case should be able to handle that weight quite easily

Thanks, man. I appreciate you regulating all this.

Ok, well at the least try adding an extra bit in the corners, or try adding the ticker stuff to the spine of the sleeve. It would be hidden by the books in the end and give it something holding the rest up.

Np, welcome to the fray.

>try adding an extra bit in the corners, or try adding the ticker stuff to the spine of the sleeve

how do I do that? can't think of a way to properly do that without it being really visible

At the 1min mark of the first vid you posted Shows a cross shape, the center rectangle is the spine of the box. If you were to just add some of the thicker stuff right on top of that rectangle the sides bend into it and would cover it from all sides but looking into the case with nothing in it.

The 2:26 mark of the second vid shows the books slipped in and you can notice some bowing on the face it's showing.

We had three days of snow here but now we're back to horizontal freezing rain...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlB8Td8RHzw

Yeah, that's presumably what we're heading for. It's not winter for real until everything is covered in a nice layer of black ice and water every morning.

doesn't a double layer on the inside of the spine suffice or is there a reason to only reinforce the sides of the spine? I mean, I don't have anything against it being visible when looking inside of the case as long as the case supports the books properly

Minifig, heads up.

It should be enough to keep the back from bending or twisting. The front, opened side, may still bow out but that's what testfits are for.

It doesn't have to be perfectly formed but sturdiness would be a plus. thanks man. good thing is that I have some transparent adhesive foil left so I can make the pictures a bit shiny while protecting them from water and dirt

A Brit and a Mexican should be receiving their gifts today

Hey Elusive, you didn't remove the people who got gifted by Riddler for the gift matching right? A buddy of mine who was on the ungifted list isn't anymore but he hasn't been gifted yet (besides by Riddler). His list is R81JOGGLQQ56.

Yea, been pulling people that got something, be it from a contest or a giftathon.

Oh really? I thought we didn't count those.

WOAH! I got a pretty sweet gift from Boco! Thanks, man!

N-Now shut up, B-Boco... I-It's not like I appreciate it or anything...

then the list wouldn't have changed at all in the Riddler thread

wait, is that a Crash Bandicoot recolor or what?

Not true. All the people who gifted were gifting ungifted lists. The people that Riddler then gifted in turn shouldn't have been removed is what I'm saying.

my bad. I didn't take that into consideration

It's a Chase variant of the Crash Bandicoot Pop figure.

Off into the wild blue yonder. Get to open the shop, after closing the shop, cus the new store manager can't seem to make a schedule.

I get where you're coming from but gifted is gifted. Sure they only got gifted after they gifted someone but we still have a bunch of gifting to be done as well as if I were to pull out the people from the Riddler spree we'd be adding around 15 people back to the ungifted list.

Just my opinion. I think the event stuff should be extra. And certainly the puzzle, riddles, and contest; those aren't gifts, they're prizes.

you're right but even if it's a price the people got something. a lot of people on the list did not so the more the merrier

I can agree with the gift matching (though it being Riddler's event I think he should have a say), but I can't agree with the prizes counting.

Last year I got gifted and then when I won one of Hank's cryptos they cancelled it. Not very festive.

Not very festive at all.

Happy Hanukah, are there any Hebrew homies in this thread?

L1VVEUU3RAZR

youtube.com/watch?v=xlf2P1Umcc8

Yeah, I still don't get it. So do you guys know anybody that actually celebrates Kwanzaa? Guess it doesn't matter, its still an excuse to be with your family and good will towards men. We need more Kwanzaa Bot and Hanukkah Zombie this time of year.

2T1YR54QQDB7R

Scribs, I’m curious, do you make your portraits at random, or are most of them specific requests people have made?

Ones for Christmas, ones for merit, completely different if you ask me

How's everyone doing on the 13th? Don't forget if you're looking for Christmas things
mega.nz/#F!0xhCVAYJ!5NBubrEra1VAJD076-E6Rg

I agree

Some I come up with at random, some are based on pictures, and some are requests.

thats cute

Thanks! Here's a couple for the CW Flash fans.

Hey thank, Riddler!

It's been ok, if very rainy. Today is Saint Lucia's day here so a lot of places have parades/processions and stuff but I can't really be bothered to go to any of them because it's kinda boring.

>How's everyone doing on the 13th?
I had a bunch of regrettable dreams in a row this morning, so I'm happy to be up and busy now.

3H7IYBFP34A8A

I just love these. It’s the same sort of cute appeal I get from the LEGO games.

It's been a while, so I can't say much of the story, but the character creator and making the pictures can be quite fun.

Yo!

I had someone buy the Johns Shazam HC for me a fee years ago and then cancel it a day or 2 later. I was disappointed, was looking forward to having that book on my shelf. Still on the wishlist.

Another user tried to buy me Last Action Hero on bd but ran out of money.

Oh, Scribs, got your package in the mail. Holy shit, thank you dude! I'll take photos when I get back home.

I bet. (Best Christmas movie right there)

how does that even work? I thought you couldn't cancel gifts in general. it should be forbidden to cancel stuff a day or two days later, that's some bullshit. if you don't want to gift someone, just don't do it. I can understand it if someone runs out of money though

Nice! Merry Christmas, sir!

that's mean. they were probably just jealous

Anyone have experience with the company Quantum Mechanics? Saw this at BBTS and it looks kinda neat. But at 15 bucks, I'm sure it looks like garbage in person

As long as it ain't sent yet you can cancel the order. None of my orders for my friends have sent yet, I can still shut them down. Not that I would.

I understood with that last user. Shit happens. I think he wanted to buy a drawing of mine at one point too, but that also fell through.

Aww yeah got my Christmas bonus today.
Hopefully will finish my Christmas shopping within the week and can spend a bit on a Sup Forumsmrade in need.

tried that once because I ordered the wrong thing for a friend. it wasn't even ready for dispatch but I got a mail from amazon claiming that I wasn't able to cancel it. had to order the other book and let him send back the first one

They make decent quality collectibles actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiFnhW72plY

youtube.com/watch?v=_tY-vKD49fQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9SvRwoLWi30

The game is still afootI

The rules are simple. These are replacement puzzles that are concealing a Christmas quote/reference/lyric. The letters/ciphers in the crypto stand in for another letter. But in code-breaking, there are always tricks. Because of this, some of these puzzles are very difficult. Though I try to build all of them to break down with one or two good assumptions. Still, you may want to get out some scratch paper.

Solve it faster than anyone else to win a fabulous prize! When you solve the puzzle, spoiler the solution so that people who want to keep playing can do so. Include your wishlist so that I can gift the fuck out of you. One prize per wishlist. (I reserve the right to tell you to fuck off with your expensive list)

16F4O2JY3FFCQ

Here is the pastebin for the puzzle
pastebin.com/qmFcXwf8

Indeed! This just came in. I thought it was wrapped because of the extra 44 MXN but its totally great! Thank you, thank you!

Figured I'd drop my wishlist and a story

2384KK2MLRIGE

a reaction image goldmine on the first page

Neat, thanks. They'll make some good little presents to round things out.

hey Lex, any chance you could check what courier the Flash book is being delivered by so i know when to tell someone that agreed to stay in for me when to expect the package?

Yeah, unfortunately some people don't have any other feeling or behavior outside of being annoying, case ant point, my grandmother. She is manipulating, always lying, trying to make people and fight all the time. Someone would say that she is crazy or something like that. but nope. She's close to 90 years old and nothing happened to her mind, but she is a bad person. She won't be with us this Christmas, even though we live in the same building and I have 0 problems with it.

On another happy note, today it was my interview for that sushi place I was talking about. I will go one of these days for a few hours to see and try a little bit. If I can manage, I will stay. For a very funny note, she's related to a cosplayer I know for many years now and she was mostly interested for my anime events. She asked more about them and even if I don't get the job she wants to do events together. Weird twist of events.