Red Hood and the Outlaws #17 Storytime

Bizarro Reborn part four!

My favourite book from DC is finally here.

Every fucking time someone suggest an intelligent course of action, Deadshot immediately shoves his stupid wrist guns in their face.

You could set your watch by that shit.

Since when does he have heat vision?

JUST DO IT!!

do it red her

This pairing is kind of neat when you remember their first appearances were in the same issue.
Then kind of funny when you remember their original relationship.

Please, do it.

Spooky

Creeper!!!

Lobdell's at his best when he's doing these comfy, physical conflict-free issues, though I guess if one doesn't care for reading characters interact with each other, it comes across like a whole lot of nothing.

>something creepy
It's time

I'm sure this is a reference to something, but I can't quite pinpoint what. Conan comes to mind, for some reason.

Artemis' last name is Grace?

Wait a second, I think I missed an issue, what were those things on their chest for? Or is this just a literal cold-opening?

>harvest
Never thought I would hear that name again.

He isn't ACTUALLY Bizarro from Bizarro World. He's a failed clone, remember?

For the love of god, please do it. End our suffering.

So that's one person who remembers Superboy.

The question is why has everyone else forgotten?

All Bizarros are failed clones, and all have ice vision.

Where does she even take that mace from. Toon force?

There's people out there that hate this cover. Can you believe it? Mad world, I swear.

The coloring looks like it was done by a child with crayons.

Croc pointing the obvious. Finally.
I mean, it's clear that's the writer's intention with Jason, but there's still people out there that still don't get it.

Since Luthor fiex him, probably. It will last until he's unfixed, and all wrong again.

Lobdell is fucking stupid to bring it back, but let's see how this goes.

>Killer Croc is actually interesting
>And its outside the comic he stars in

Thanks, Lobdell.

It’s fucking garbage.

If a poem artist is gonna provide Variant covers at least get a good one.

Otto Schmidt or the guy who was on Aquaman who does the Lesbian S&M comics

she has a last name?!

I really like Croc in this one, it's nice to see him written well with his past experiences

Probably to distinguish her from the other two chicks named Artemis. The goddess Artemis, and Artemis Crock. And she has been living in Man's World for a while, so it follows that she'd at least make up a surname.

>Roy
At least he's patching things up with Ollie

Great job Lobdell, even you recognized the OP cunt could not be killed anyway but off-screen

Fuck yeah, this pricks dead.

It's weird because Connor as a Titan of Tomorrow is coming back, but no one remembers Kon or the array of other Superboys
Maybe it's a plot point elsewhere, but I bet it's just Lobdell jerking off his own continuity

That is kind of lewd.

>Our Bizarro is all grown up
A child out of wedlock? How lewd

>Maybe it's a plot point elsewhere
It was brought up as a plotpoint when future Tim found out nobody knew Connor and that tipped him off that the his future is no longer set in stone and he can change it by killing Batwoman.

But then that's Connor the Metropolis kid, not the Kon-El from Lobdell's run.
I wish I can forget Lobdell's Superboy run, but I can't, so this is forever gonna bug me I guess

Hammer space.

You know shit about coloring. Not everything has to be realistic, you know.

>If a poem artist is gonna provide Variant covers at least get a good one.
>poem artist
What the fuck are you talking about?

I didn't say anything about realism, and I don't have to know a thing, it still looks like shit.

Lobdell has been pretty fair with continuity overall, not just his.

When did Croc become that based?

Fair enough. I think it looks great. So everyone has their own opinions which are, well, opinions.
I still don't get why would you would say it looks like painting with crayons, if you're not talking about the choice in colors itself.

He must mean pin-up artist

Probably her public identity, I guess
Just like Dianas last name is Prince

This must be tied with the Super Son's of Tomorrow that is coming next week, otherwise i don't see why they put those information here

Aw, Jason still misses Roy

Roy hanging with the titans isn't healthy? I'd buy it.

Oh my god. Is Bizarro engaging in Superdickery?

BW work so well on this

Deadshot, you know that isn't going to hurt him.

>Harvest is gone from our lives

YES.

Nipple Tasers!

And from issue 19

The "date" issue?

Yep

do it. DO IT!

So the first arc was For Mice and Men, what's this arc, Flower for Algernon?

Back in early RHatO New52. From Lobdell of all people before he got Ultra Instinct.

Oh god. I don't think I'm ready for this much artemis bros.

He is back?

god damn. who is that artist?

Marcio Takara

BREAST-O FIYAAAAAAHHH

Roy really needs to go back with the Outlaws

Broke into the batcave again?

Jason takes Artemis to the Batcave

>"Date Night”! By day, Artemis and Red Hood are teammates, but tonight they’re going out on their first date. Tonight they’re leaving Crime Alley behind and sampling the finer things Gotham City has to offer, including a surprise visit to the Batcave! With his friends gone for the night, how will Bizarro spend his free time? And what’s the deal with Artemis’ warning from last issue? Answers will definitely be revealed.

Bizarro was Kon all along?

I just remembered that in the old, pre-COIE continuity, Jason Todd became Robin because Killer Croc (who was an intelligent mob boss with a skin condition back then), murdered his parents.

Obviously that story has long since been removed from canon several times over, but it's interesting to see these two interacting in the present.

Solid issue and while it did address my complaint about the uselessness of bringing guest characters the whole reasoning still felt somewhat weak and it did nothing to justify the whole shindling with Batwoman's team. As people has pointed out, Jason and Croc's scene was the best part of the issue. Is not everyday that you seen Croc written as a level headed, mentor type and acknowledge their mutual ties with Roy was simply fantastic. I thought it was very touching to see that Jason does miss Roy, showing an enormous amount of character growth.

Those people getting their panties in a bunch over the bit about drinking are jumping to conclusions and failing to see the nuance on Lobdell's writing as usual. Roy seeing Croc every time he needs a drink doesn't mean he's getting drunk, it means he's going to Croc so he doesn't give in to the drink Just like Roy did back on RH/A #5.

Jason's talk with Croc about the weapons is a clever callback to Jason's thoughts when he first meet Kori (the're pretty much the same in fact) and just like back then Jason realized he was straying away from Ducra's teachings, Croc serves the same role here. I doubt this and his later talk with Artemis means that Jason is deciding to go solo or anything like that, rather, I believe is the opposite. Jason deciding to open to his teammates so he doesn't slip on the same mindset that cost him Roy's friendship. No wonder than in two issues he finally gets the courage to ask Artemis on a date.

Speaking of Bizarro, he feels like a mere plot device right now. Not getting much in the way of characterization and just being there to steer the plot. Not a bad thing but a definitive downgrade from the strong showing he had shown on previous issues. On the other hand
Lobdell still struggles with Artemis, with her individual scenes being the weakest of the trio so far. Lobdell clearly needs to pair her with Jason or Bizarro to make her scenes interesting.