Katana

Katana.

What, the fuck.

First off, I have been off and on on keeping track of the DC universe, watching the animated movies, reading some comics, not much but I consider myself a casual DC fan.

I go into suicide squid, and this qt3.14(I like asians, sue me) shows up. She has maybe four lines of dialogue, and none of it is in English. Her name is shit, but I kind of HNNGH'd at her speaking to her sword and finding out her husband is in it and she is eager to get to him. Also, shes not a villain, so why is she hanging out with them in that bar? I mean, probably my favorite character in suicide squad(not saying much(asians man)), but I wouldn't call her the bobafett of the movie. Shes just, not a terribad character that makes me cringe(too much, dat name is still garbo).

So

I go to the store, see figures of her. I ordered a McRib a while back, and she had her own mcdonalds toy.

Directed at children.

Has she ever been in the DC universe aside from SS? Why the fuck is my niece a huge fan of her?

Explain!

She's never been associated with the SS outside of the film, she's usually just a hero

She used to be more associated with Outsiders than Suicide Squad.

She's been with the Suicide Squad since the movie

She's the one without a bomb in her head

I should have said before the film, she is now thanks to SYNERGY

She was in Brave and the Bold and Beware the Batman.

>penicillin tea

Will she be in Batman Ninja?

>i like asians sue me

Give me your P.O. box your court date in being sent as we speak

She was in the Outsiders which was fairly popular in the post-New Teen Titans DC climate. She didn't really do anything except with the Outsiders until the New 52 when they put her in Birds of Prey. Since then she has gotten more popular and they shoehorned her into Suicide Squad. Then when DC Super Hero Girls came along and they needed an asian for their diversity quota there was nobody else higher profile than her. Basically a lot of things fell into place for her.

We could have gotten Dutchess instead of Katana, that would have made Suicide Squad so much better than it was

Katana's role in SS was clearly meant to be Bronze Tiger, it's just they already had a black guy

>Has she ever been in the DC universe aside from SS?
She's been around for decades, and until the movie came out, never had anything to do with the SS.

>putting actual ninja and Japanese characters

Good one!

I wish somebody would come along and do more with her in terms of story telling. I mean shit her backstory isn't halfway shit you could probably do some good story telling with that.

>maybe putting in katana
>maybe have Batman of Japans ancestor in there somewhere
>maybe title it properly cause he looks more like a fucking samurai than a ninja
Hahahaha
silly user why would they use logic?

Your daughter likes Katana because she has our backs

Batman: Ninja is directed and written by Japanese guys, if they don't want to use Katana that's their prerogative

>despises criminals
>becomes best friends with complete shithead criminals over one conversation in a bar she doesnt take part in

She's got back alright.

No, Duchess should have come in for the sequel after Granny Goodness and the Furies were introduced in an interveening film.

If you're going to waifu, waifu properly.

If Dutchess was in the first movie we could have had Goodness and the Furies as the big bads for JL rather than CGIwolf.

Was it really easier to type that all out than to just fucking google 'Katana DC' you movie watching newfag fuck?

Dunno about the character itself but I loved her costume in the movie.

Katana is really cool I wish DC would do more things with her.

Suicide squad elevated her in my view where I get that she's an otherwordly swordswoman of vengeance.