2017 in animation

Was it good for you, Sup Forums?
What'd you like? What'd you hate?
What do you want for next year?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/awards/academy-announces-shortlist-10-animated-shorts-2-155171.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The death of Western Animation.

fpbp

Have not seen any of these so they cant have been that great

>including emoji move, MLP, ducktales, and coco
Is the maker just retarded?

>First pic
after chris savino, loud house cant be considered anything good from this year,regardless of quality.

fags

I want season 3 of Wander goddamnit

This picture better be fucking bait right
>Fake virtue signalling from a sexual assaulter's show
>Okay kids' movie, I guess
>Substanceless mushy shit that only went """viral""" because homos
>Fake anime
>Calling Emoji Movie bad is easy
>Coco is okay I guess
>Shit reboot that tried too hard to be Gravity Falls/Star
>Any hype died years ago
>Pretty okay I guess

It hasn't been good past the first season anyway. For every good episode, there was a rotten episode that got backlash and now the writers just copy and paste the same script for each episode.

>sexual assaulter's show
Fuck off roastie. Savino did nothing wrong.

>that got backlash
I feel like nobody except Sup Forums even watches Loud House and is old enough to show "backlash" about anything. Tumblr doesn't fucking watch it.

The pic specifically has Emoji as an outlier for being shit compared to everything else.

You're right. Loud House probably got where it is now; because nobody want to put effort in for a show created by someone who molests, and likely does even worse things, to your co-workers and I honestly can't blame them for that.

Doesn't mean that the show is worth any amount of praise though.

Friendly reminder that the one on the top right corner may get an Oscar:
cartoonbrew.com/awards/academy-announces-shortlist-10-animated-shorts-2-155171.html

>wanting the western animation industry to continue in its current state

megafag

I know it will and it'll still be aggravating when it does. It wasn't bad technically, it just doesn't advance anything on an artistic level and cements preconceived notions of animation as safe inoffensive Pixar-Lasseter bullshit with the sole exception of "it's gay" as if that makes anything different.

Wait, people here unironically think Savino was guilty?

maybe if you stopped watching cartoons aimed at little kids and looking for a waifu as an important element that a cartoon must have, you would find that this year there were a lot of gems being made

>ponies
>not dead on arrival
How?

>Loud House
>"hey look these kids are GAY!!!" the animation
>Book of Life ripoff
>MLP

The movie's animation was stellar, plus the voice acting and soundtrack were excellent. The plot was fairly straightfoward, so it's not something that'll turn non-fans into fans, but it was good. Definitely better than the movie Sony proposed before Hasbro moved to Lionsgate.

No I mean here.
it's banned content. I've seen the movie. It was ok.

The animation was nothing special. You only think it's good because you're comparing it to TV-quality flash animation.

Voice acting was mediocre. A bunch of C-list literal whos.

Soundtrack was forgettable.

Even as a fan of the show, the movie was so horribly generic. They played it as safe as they could with a generic straight-forward story, generic villain, generic Disney-esque songs, generic world-traveling adventure, etc.

And a shitload of writing issues on top of that

every time someone mentions mlp on post-2012 Sup Forums the autism force flocks in
this thread will die quickly, don't worry

Oh. I guess it's since we're discussing it as part of 2017 in animation as a whole.

Sia was good.
And emily blunt was neat.

No, why is barneyfag associating random things to ponies? Doesn't he post a link to derpibooru that matches to his search?

Is he having a stroke?

>No, why is barneyfag associating random things to ponies?
Autism

THE STATE IT HAS ALWAYS HAD SINCE IT'S CONCEPTION?! stop trying to compare cartoons to Anime, different beasts in all senses.

>Don Bleuth alumni making a 2D animated film in an age where everything is CGI
>"nothing special"
Actually fuck off.

>Sia was good

You mean the three or four sentences she had in the entire movie? She was only included as the obligatory "HEY LOOK THIS FAMOUS POP STAR IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!" advertisement.

>blunt
She sounded half asleep. And the character itself was pretty much a textbook definition of babby's first edgy OC

>it's 2D so that automatically means it's amazing!
Actually fuck off

t. shill
Kill yourself

I want ponyfags to fuck off back to /mlp/

>She was only included as the obligatory "HEY LOOK THIS FAMOUS POP STAR IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!" advertisement.
no I mean
the song

>7 years later

I honestly was expecting another Try Everything. I wasn’t expecting an emotional song about how people grow from deep rooted personal trauma even if the pain never really goes away. Pleasantly surprised.

Fuck off Amid

t. shill
Fucking kill yourself

Nigger.

wrong.

>”everyone who likes what I don’t like is a shill” is still a thing
I hope you’re not like this offline. You’d be pretty lonely if you live your life like that.

well at least we got something...