Did any of us know back then just how catastrophic this would be to the entertainment industry?

Did any of us know back then just how catastrophic this would be to the entertainment industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you hate fun?

why would we care about the entertainment industry when comics and cartoons are such a small and niche segment that's largely unaffected by it?

I did, but they called me a DKek.

Serious question
Eventually 'the formula' is going to become tired are wearisome, even to the normies. And they'll eventually have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel to find characters to appeal to the casual masses. Shit, most of them probably wouldn't even recognize Titanium Man or Beta Ray Bill.
It's only a matter of time until it becomes the instrument of its own demise. But how long do you think it'll take? Years? Decades?

>pretending Hollywood blockbusters were creative before 2012
>inb4 counterexamples from the 70s and 80s

I doubt that most of /co was alive before 2005, thats the only explanation that they have fond "memories" of a world before the MCU.

Blockbuster action movies were never good. This is just the new flavor of that genre.

Yeah, they needed Sup Forums to like or dislike things. Stay mad, mousefag.

I expect it to slow down after Infinity War, but never really die out entirely

the problem is that avengers is simply awful in every way, the plot, the lines, the character development, the acting

Every single thing about this movie was terrible and is turning into a standard thing from movies, I mean look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc

>But how long do you think it'll take? Years? Decades?

China will keep it alive even after the US and other Western markets have all moved on. Americans and Europeans no longer go to Transformers movies, yet Paramount continues to pump them out strictly due to Chinese demand. Such will be the fate of the MCU.

We'll see how long the MCU lasts after RDJ finally retires for real and they have to either recast or replace Iron Man. That'll be the real test.

We live in fast times, so months.

Star wars survived after Harrison Ford

>survived

I'm done when Iron Man and Captain America are done, they're what's keeping this together

t. Head of Warner Bros. Film Division

>Eventually 'the formula' is going to become tired are wearisome
Lighthearted fantastical adventure?
Yeah, that should wear down in 3000 years or so, it's had a nice 4000 year run up til now.

Feeling better now?

It still bothers me that the OP used the wrong image.
But yeah, I'm cool.
A part of me wishes more money and effort was being put into Swords and Sorcery stuff, but then I watch shit like that latest King Arthur movie and I'm not so sure.

That Peter Jackson film with the roving cities fighting each other sounds neat tho.

In any case, Superhero movies aren't harming the box office, and everyone needs competition.

its not like they haven't replaced tony stark in the comics before

Most of the people here who says "Marvel Formula" unironically have probably never heard of the Hero's Journey.

>company wars
>I watch shit like that latest King Arthur movie
No, you're not OK.

>MCU Riri Williams

*tips fedora*

>*tips fedora*
Not an argument. Please show me the so-called Marvel Formula.

>quips
>quips
>quips
>quips
>quips

Cause Joss never moved past his skill level on Buffy

>catastrophic
You mean cathartic?

Well meme'd, friend.

Oh we would have been just fucking fine if Marvel didn't exist, right?

Actually... yes.

but all capeshit have quips.

>Sup Forums trying to blend in

Because there has never been comic relief in action or horror movies before the MCU right?

>user makes a wrong assumption

There are action and horror movies without comic relief.

Feel free to prove you read capes.

yes, making billions of dollars is catstrpohic for the entertainment industry. this makes sense.

>broken English
Hi again.

Can you think of an intelligent reason that Disney has ruined anything so far?

Star Wars
Marvel
Classic children stories
Competence, at this rate
The market, with all that saturation

Nah it seemed like it could be cool to me at the time. I didn't really care cause it wasn't Spider-man.
Then they got Spider-man and made him Spider-Boy for some fucking reason, it's been a shittrain for a couple years now.

>saturation
this meme is still alive?

Hi.

>sad truths are memes
OK.

>Star Wars
this is a bit iffy, but from what I've seen they are making a load of mistakes with the last jedi
>Marvel
I'm not really sure if its their fault for that.
>Classic children stories
What?
>Competence
>The Market
I asked for intelligent reasons.

>if a company falls, it's not the owner's fault
OK.
>What?
Nothing, ignorance is bliss and such.
>I asked for intelligent reasons.
And I gave them; you simply don't like them.

>sad truth
Oversaturation isn't a thing. Cape movies have never been more popular or more frequent.

And the market is saturated with them.

But you're not really saying anything. You're just putting blame on a company without logic.

> comparing a real story to a shit pandering giggle fest
This should be a crime punishable by death

and it's had no effect on anything. What's your point?

Clearly you don't want to see arguments, so you think there aren't any.
>You're just putting blame on a company without logic.
And even if I was doing that, that makes you angry? Sheesh.

Not because you say so, user.

why is this a bad thing? do you not like comic book movies? it's not like Star Wars where they're going to run out of ideas and start making shitty spin offs. Marvel and DC literally have years of material to work off of. why is this inherently negative? lol.

It seems like to me you just prefer when you have cape movies to yourself. you can't stand the fact you're viewed as a hipster for liking all this stuff before it became mainstream.

Its just upsetting to see someone dedicate their time to being angry at an entity while knowing so little about what its actually done.

>Marvel and DC literally have years of material to work off of
I don't know about DC, but Marvel has killed off too many villains so far; and they won't adapt every run ever. So yeah, they're going to run out of ideas and start making shitty spin offs too.
>do you not like comic book movies?
One or two is fine, twenty isn't.

>upsetting
Man up, user. No need to be scared of what an user says on the Internet.
>knowing so little about what its actually done
What do you know about their inner workings? Tell me.

I'm really surprised how anyone except Disney failed to copy quipfest formula. Disney successfuly installed it in Star Wars and now they have two biggest generic quipverses with tv quality, while everyone else failing even to make a decent extended universe while having miles better matherial to work with.

>anyone except Disney failed to copy quipfest formula
That's good. They should have their own identity... and dignity.

>Not because you say so, user.
Provide evidence then.

the avengers was really bad about it, though. every character sounds the same because every character talks in quips.

>evidence
Cape fatigue.

>One or two is fine, twenty isn't.
Then don't watch them all. Is that hard to do?

>One or two is fine, twenty isn't.

So there should only be one or two comics then?

Well, look at DCEU. They have neither. If they just copied Mouse formula, they'd have much better cinematic universe since DC is way superior and have much better potential.
Just look at WW - it was better than any marvel origin movie except IM, and did more than ANY capeshit hero origin except Raimi's SM.

>quipfest formula

Because comic relief has NEVER been used before the MCU right?

The problem appears when everyone is making cape movies. The billboards become saturated with capes, the media constantly shill them...

If they're good, yes.

I didn't say provide buzzwords, I said evidence.

As I mentioned, capes have never been more popular. 4 of the top 10 movies this year are cape movies. #11 and 12 are too. A cape movie just became the most watched movie trailer of all time.

You're fucking retarded if you think cape fatigue has set it.

>If they just copied Mouse formula
JL had quips, as far as I remember. But it flopped. So no, they should follow their own path.
>WW - it was better than any marvel origin movie except IM
Both stink, if you ask me.

Saturation. Which produces fatigue.

JUST long enough for the next generation to mature of age and start dragging their parents to the movies

Well, they lifted in on the whole new level where EVERYONE quips no matter the situation or fits it character or not. Drama scene? QUIP. Tension? QUIP QUIP. I'm evil machine who want's to annihilate mankind? BETTER BE QUIPBOT

>Saturation. Which produces fatigue.
Try it again without the buzzwords, user.

>Saturation. Which produces fatigue.

2-3 cape moives a year will cause fatigue
But dozens of romantic comedies, kids movies, horror movies, low brow comedies, Oscar bait movies,every year for decades won't?

>popular
You like this buzzword better?
Also, remember that RDJ is leaving. He's fatigued.

>So no, they should follow their own path.
What "own" path exactly? MoS and BvS was just as stupid as MCU, but more pretentious and better visuals and style.
WW copied mouse formula well, and was actually true to character. JL was just fucking mess and everyone there was shit except WW because she has some development from solo movie.

I do not think you know a quip is

No, they won't. Genres are stronger than subgenres. E.g. horror is stronger than zombies.

>WW copied mouse formula well
Were there quips and dance offs?

Oh, forgot to say that they should follow their own path, but not necessarily THAT one. There has to be life beyond grimderp or quipfest.

>Were there quips
Yes, but only from characters who SHOULD quip and in situations where joke is needed or looks fit in.
>There has to be life beyond grimderp or quipfest.
BB and TDK was that way, but WB is retards now so we'll never have great DC movie again I ugess.

>still making stuff up
>still hasn't provided any evidence
>capeshit still more popular than ever
stop being fucking stupid, user

>Were there quips
>Yes
Ew.
>we'll never have great DC movie again
Remember: saturation is bad. Especially if it's too hard to make great movies all the time.

Start using caps and punctuation, please. Your English looks so ugly without them.

Well, ofcourse it's better have one great and iconic trilogy than 25 quipfest movies from shit to ok, but I want adaptation of great DC stories as well.

>doesn't actually know what broken english means

>I want adaptation
Why? You have the originals, and normies are not as interested in capes as you think.

OK, keep using green text as an excuse to not improve your English. Whatever.

it was catastrophic but because of all the imitators pathetically failing to cash in on the shared universe concept

>all the dead on arrival copy cats like Universal's The Dark Universeâ„¢ Universe (just forget we tried it already with Dracula Untold please!)
>the semi-aborted Amazing Spider-Man universe
>the absolute panic stricken clusterfuck of the DCEU
>all the other planned ones that I'm sure will fall through or be terrible like the fucking Hasbro and Hanna-Barbera universes and the billion Star Wars movies to be released per second

>the imitators killed the original
Then the original wasn't very good to start with.

>trying so agonizingly hard to use Good Grammerâ„¢ he capitilized "english" and capitlized both letters in "ok"
>still fucked up and used "and" after a comma

I want my normie friends to enjoy DC with ME. I want them to see how glorious and great this universe is. I want to discuss DC characters somewhere outside of internet or bar

>capitilized
>capitlized
Thank you for the lessons. I think I will leave you alone, so you don't have to talk to me.

You fool. They will notice you're a basement dweller.

No, but it's still a good movie though.

I mean look at what the first Star Wars did to the film industry. Was it worth it? Who can say for sure.

They will run the MCU train until phase six, which is right about when fatigue will be starting. Then they will completely reboot and recast the entire franchise, new Tony Stark, new Steve Rodgers, new Avengers, etc. And assuming the deal goes through next week new FF, X-Men, Spidey, etc.

Then they will just reboot the universe from scratch with the new cast.

Disney will do this every twenty years or so from now until it stops making money.

I'm not saying they killed the original, I'm agreeing with OP that Avengers had a catastrophic effect on the movie industry from inspiring imitators that failed so badly

like I'm not catastrophic if I successfully jump from one building to the other, but its catastrophic when my 5 friends try it and all die

Avengers itself was great and it gets more and more impressive the more its clear how hard it is for hollywood to get its shit together and do something as obvious as different movie characters teaming up

american spelling uses a z tryhard

Well, thing is, "geek" "culture" is common now, mate. Normies watching Flash, Game of Thrones, Dardevil etc. Star wars and other shit. Even then I'd never let people shit on my interests, but now I don't even need to defend it. People will think that you're basement dweller if you'll tell them that you DON'T know what marvel is, for example.

>Was it worth it?
Disney Wars says no.

>reboot
If that's not taboo in Marvel anymore.

>I'm not catastrophic if I successfully jump from one building to the other, but its catastrophic when my 5 friends try it and all die
Wrong. You did something dangerous in the first place, so those deaths are your fault.

I'm sure normies don't want to become basement dwellers. This is another trend to them, and when they get bored with it, farewell cape movies.

>Star wars

Was never geek shit
It was the most popular franchise of all time at one time mainstream as you could get.

>A part of me wishes more money and effort was being put into Swords and Sorcery stuff

Being worked on right now are
- Five different Game of Thrones spinoffs
- The Wheel of Time tv series
- The Witcher tv series
- The Kingkiller Chronicle tv series
- The Black Company tv series
- And Amazons 500 million dollar Lord of the Rings tv series

Knowing about some fiction universe doesn't make you asement dweller. You still can live normal life with that knowledge, you know. And as you see, trend is living good and long life. Goddamn MCU is alive for 10 years and will be there for more. SW even more. Disney and other corporations memed nomries into geekshit and it will be here for long long time. Yeah, almost everything turned to shit, but at least you can discuss some nerd shit with people.

Sci-fi always was geek.

Uh-oh. Here comes another wave of saturation!