Steven Universe: Stranded

Steven Universe will return with two new episodes on January 5th
twitter.com/CartoonNetPR/status/941023516974972928

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CartoonNetPR/status/941023516974972928
thefutoncritic.com/showatch/steven-universe/listings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow, thanks.

When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory?!

I knew it. All those dreamers who believed in a Dezember episode are naive. Also
>2 episodes
And then the next hiatus. I guess I will just try to forget about this show for the next three years and marathon the backlog then.
>inb4 it won't get more than 15-20 new episodes till 2020

2 episodes for the whole event or 2 to start it off?

After 20 townie episodes where nothing happens

thanks

Won't it be fun when CN quietly cancels the series and the episodes already produced and waiting to air become lost media?

You know they're gonna be crap episodes when they release it like this. They're just burning them off until the next multipart miniseries/bomb.

Reminder that thanks to the 6+ month long production hiatus, CN has to stretch the rest of season 5 out with a lot of hiatuses because they have to wait until the Crewniverse has a couple of season 6 episodes finished in order to have a backlog of episodes beyond season 5. This is slightly better than them airing the rest of season 5 all at once and us having to wait an entire year for season 6.

Better than nothing, Lars of the stars and its follow up should be fun.

Yeah, they've done this sort of thing before. Probably a townie episode and a Peridot episode.

>Dezember
Im Englischen mit "c".

C'est le même.

Wow, a whole 22 minutes of new content? Stop CN you're spoiling us

So deshouka. Omoshiroi, ne?

meh, I guess I'll enjoy seeing Lars get BTFO, if only for 2 episodes.

>Won't it be fun when CN quietly cancels the series and the episodes already produced and waiting to air become lost media?

>20 years later the episodes are discovered and released to the public
>they're all townie episodes

Well then, what do we even call this amazingly fuck-huge dump of episodes? A Steven-grenade? A Steven-firecracker?

>wait an entire year for season 6

Like a normal show/network would do?

>Implying we SU fans wouldn't raid CN studios for the episodes

Wew, is the hype for SU completely dead?
I expected a little bit more excitement from a thread like this.

I think dumps are an appropriate name for any Steven Universe episodes.

Ive lost all interest in the series. Between the huge amount of time between new episodes, and the plot literaqlly going fucking nowhere I just cant get excited about it in any way.

>oh look, new SU episode
>oh, it was another filler epiosde that didnt advance the plot
>season has like 12 episode, and 10 of them are about the daily boring lives of the townspeople, in a series about an intergalactic alien empirehellbent on conquering everything.

Aww fucking yeah I can't wait for more episodes of this totally tubular show:

-Steven helps Sour Cream find the most wickedlicious new sneakers
-Garnet knows some shit about the gem war but doesn't tell Steven
-Lapis Lazuli and Peridot play checkers

>and us having to wait an entire year for season 6.
Why? Why is that remotely a bad thing?
If the releases were consistent then waiting that long wouldn't be that bad.

Want to know how I know this? Because this is how literally every other normal functioning television show works. Literally the only things that does "Bomb" formats are streaming services like Netflix, and do you know why that actually works for them? Because they release the entire season then and there rather then 5 episodes a week, little to no re-runs before another hiatus of five months for another five episodes.

The last bomb was underwhelming. The fact that they made an entire bomb focused on Connie bitching about Steven didn't help.

Пишy в paкoвoм тpeдe.

>Lapis

lapis is gone, shitposter
she fucked off into space last bomb

Lapis run away, Peridot actually has a chance to develop into something more than green dyke barn gremlin but it won't happen.

Okay okay:

-Steven goes looking for Lapis and she rants about vague anxiety bullshit and Steven convinces her to come back
-Lapis Lazuli and Peridot play checkers

CN is one of the most incompetent networks out there right now. They don't properly air/hype up shows, and when they do, it's Teen Titans Go.
They're so focused on their app and online stuff that they've let the live TV broadcast go to shit, effectively losing all viewers except for little kids. Fucking NICK AT NITE is doing better ratings wise than them.

The constant hiatus with Steven Universe alone wouldn't be so much of a hype killer, I've dealt with worse (Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty), but the fact that whenever it does come back, they spend a majority of their time with townie shit, which has killed almost all my interest with the series.

>Lapis Lazuli and Peridot play checkers
In a sexual way

Everything is waiting.

CN has pretty much killed the show with its ridiculous hiatuses that amount to fuck all happening, the fact that the next bomb is only two episodes instead of the usual 4 is insulting

finally, proof of the russian collusion!

Steven Universe is currently on production hiatus, so we can expect much more of this shit scheduling at least for the next half of the year or so.

That's Ukranian, though.
You know, the guys Putin is fucking with because they want to go hard NATO.

hey Real star shower tonight folks.
That is like a running motif for the show right?

I'm so sorry for you guys. I don't watch the show and am pretty much indifferent towards it, but this is ridiculous. The bomb format is one of the worst things to have happened to western animation this decade.

>The bomb format is one of the worst things to have happened to western animation this decade
This. I remember when I was a wee lad, how they released new episodes every one to two weeks, it allows you to appreciate each episode that's put out and gives you something to look forward to. Plus, you'd never have to wait very long for another season just due to the pacing.

It really is terrible, the people who came up with it should be completely blacklisted from the industry.

Lapis took the barn to space.

user im going to have to give you an D- for blatantly not knowing the source material, good concept bad execution.

Funny how when I was a kid it did't really bother me because I didn't even know the concept of a season and just watched episodes of cartoons and the same way how you looked forward to them week by week, I looked forward to them day by day, Like it really didn't make a difference for me.

Networks are trying to compete with online services such as Netflix who tends to release an entire season in one day.

They're trying to capitalize on binge culture. This is all our fault for binging TV shows.

>Shitty industry tactics are the fault of the consumer
Bravo capitalism.

TWO EPISODES??

I HOPE NEXT TIME WE ONLY GET 20 SECONDS.

But how are they incapable of understanding that the reason that works for streaming services is because all the episodes are out in a single day and you have the ability to rewatch certain episodes however you want, whilst still having a consistent hiatus for when the next binge of episodes to release. Binge watching immediately falters when you have to still wait a whole day for the next episode plus several months for the next set. I don't even think that can be remotely called binge watching at all.

How are executives this retarded? How have these people even gotten jobs?

I'm genuinely wondering, is Sup Forums the only place that is getting tired of SU's bullshit or have other people caught on of SU's problems?

I honestly can't tell if the shows popularity actually is waning or if this is another Skyrim/Legend of Korra/Force Awakens deal where this place is in the minority of the anger.

The hiatuses, the slow pacing of the story and the townie episodes killed the popularity of the show. Season 4 was such a bore that even CN didn't advertised the weekly episodes.

2 more episodes of Garnet and Pearl not explaining jack shit for no reason.

It doesn't bother me that these episodes are filler it bothers me that the filler is boring.

Yeah, I've seen people on Twitter and Tumblr complain about it recently.

There's also quite a few rant videos about the series on YouTube.

Next bomb will be one episode, then next bomb will be a 5:30 long episode, then the next one will be a 2:45 long episode, then the next one will be even shorter, and shorter, until we have to wait a fucking year for Steven saying We.

And the fanbase won't even care!

those african american queer gentlemen who made popular SU videos have even mentioned how irritating the hiatuses are and how shitty the towny episodes have been, so I think yes, everyone is tired of the shit

WE

>Tfw mlp is one of the only shows today that can still keep a relatively consistent one episode a week schedule.

It's because Hasbro gets to have large budgets and can pressure little baby networks to do their will.

>SU will air in an endless Fibonacci sequence of fractions
What did Sugar mean by this?

>being this much of a carpet munching douche
cry some damn more you manchild

wuz

THE

Steven Universe more like Hiatus Universe lmfao

>"All Onyx gems should be considered armed and dangerous"

What did Lapis mean by this?

So it’s better to have an 8 month hiatus for a few episodes to get aired, and then wait 2 months for even less episodes to get air, and who knows how many months more to get another episode, just because it will be frustrating to wait a year for a new season?

KRISTAL KANGZ

NOW WE THE CRYSTAL SLAVES!

Why don't they just air the show regularly so we can burn through the uninteresting episodes at a steady pace?

will we ever see that glorious mane again?

SU was probably the most popular shown on Tumblr awhile back, but this year its popularity has plummeted.

CN did this to themselves. They abused the bomb format as a ratings trap and greatly stunted the progression of the series as a result. Not only that, but every single time it looked like the show was building up to something good they just put a bandage on the problem and went back to square one. And don't even get me started on the fucking townies. A shitty episode of a show that has new episodes weekly is no big deal, A shitty episode(s) in a group of five once every several months is harder to excuse.

Steven Universe is a show I really cared about, but it doesn't respect my time or investment so it's easier just to drop it and end they cycle of hype and disappointment.

I honestly should have stopped watching after WHAT WE REALLY ARE and the resolution of the Cluster

>twitter.com/CartoonNetPR/status/941023516974972928

So, Lars of the Stars and then a single 11 minute episode on some strange planet before they get rescued.

Unless the planet they crash on is White Diamond's summer home, I can't really be bothered to get too exited.

>This is slightly better than them airing the rest of season 5 all at once and us having to wait an entire year for season 6.
I don't know what fucking planet you're from but this isn't better at all. I would rather wait a year and have the show regularly air than wait several months between crappy, uninteresting episodes. Honestly, the fact they air the show the way they do exacerbates the issues with the show itself. Connie's bitchy arc would have just been acceptable/whatever in the middle of a consistent stream of episodes, but as an "event" you can get that fucking trash out of my mother fucking face.

>W-

>...

During every episode of Jasperdemptionseason6

Sugar said well see Bismuth and Jasper again, that's what she said to the make a wish kid, have hope user.

She told the make a wish kid she has plans for Jasper, she confirmed in an interview that they're both returning. Jasper coming back and war flashbacks are the two things I'm most excited for.

Its pretty depressing knowing Steven Universe has more filler than most animes.

B-but it's not filler!! There's a tiny piece of foreshadowing 5:32 minutes into the episode and Steven's development as a character is just as important, even if it goes against the idea of entertainment and is boring as hell to watch!!11!

Maybe she only said that so the cancer child won't die being disappointed of SU one last time.

She's still alive and well user, here's your you.

Then I guess she'll learn that life is just filled with disappointments.

thefutoncritic.com/showatch/steven-universe/listings/

JUNGLE MOON

A moon colonized by horny Amazonian quartz gems.

It's really depressing how Sugar and the crew have taken all the wrong cues from anime.

Filler's supposed to come between important arcs, not take up the majority of the show. At it's best, it's supposed to offer up fun vignettes with the cast that wouldn't normally fit into the show, not boring romps with uninteresting side characters. How could anyone think the current setup makes for a good show?

Doesn't filler only exist in anime because the manga it's adapting from is still updating?

Nice.

Normal manga/anime has 'filler' too, but what you call 'filler' can just be taking a break from the main story to have a little time with the characters resting, doing personal shit, and unrelated plot tangent stuff.

>Stevonnie gets death by Snu Snu

Jesus christ I hate hate hate Peridot's hair. It was a little more tolerable when she had her mech limbs but when her head and hair combined is larger than her tiny body, good lord.

neato. I hope this is a chance for some actual monster/alien designs, or I guess if they wanna be slightly lazy just make it a gem occupied planet.

It looks much better when it's drawn fluffier

The way this show is released has killed my interest in it. The gaps in between episodes is too long, and when we finally see something it's filler townie shit. I can reliably watch Dragon Ball Super every week but this 10-12 minute CalArts show has to take a break every 5 episodes.