When is he coming back?

I miss him bros. Superior Tony had all the "ends justify the means" attitude that made Stark great, plus he was an unrepetant asshole that rivaled even Doom, but instead of it being corny it was... fun. Dunno how they did it, really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yeHt0uHElI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is literally the only run of this character that i like

I've been reading Iron Man for decades, and I honestly can say Superior Tony was my favorite version ever. Mostly because he wasn't a wuss. He wasn't falling in love with roasties, he wasn't crying over spilled milk, he wasn't a hypocrite and he wasn't a "smol cinamon rol". Regular Tony showed signs of that, but then fell into self-pity, lusted after Pepper fucking Potts, was all sad for creating weapons and told silly jokes.

Superior just cut through all the bullshit. He told jokes because he was condescending, not because he wanted to entertain. He was ruthless and efficient. The man had a vision and went about it. He's a less autistic version of the Maker, and a more logical version of Doom.

The fact that all we'll ever get from that guy is nine issues is just... criminal...

>When is he coming back?
When current teenagers get to be Marvel editorial staff in 10 to 15 years I guess.

We dont need him back anymore, we have a good sociopath in riri

>Ree-Ree Sue
>anywhere close to Superior Tony
Kek. The only two guys as enjoyable as him are Maker and Pymtron.

I mean shes already better than doom, she was able to help Latveria and establish schools

Eh, Doom's a gyppo. Even a Nig is better than that. What we need is either Superior to come back, or Maker to come in and wreck Doom's shit.

He was a monster but he was an entertaining monster.

Fuck my life, I can't wait that long, I need my Superior Tony now.

>Dunno how they did it, really.
They were trying to write him as a protagonist villain of sorts, but since they don't know how to write likeable heroes anymore, it stands to reason they don't know how to make a character intentionally unlikeable. The same thing happened with Cyclops.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=2yeHt0uHElI

Is that riri?

fuuuuck, you're actually on to something, even though Skottie just drew an Iron Man fan.

All the articles were written in a way that said "hey, you have to HATE him" but it's interesting how most people, at least here, loved him. He was an asshole, but he was honest and he had a vision. I think that's why the Mad Science Trio (Pymtron, Superior Tony & Maker) caught on here: They were honest in their monstrocities.

Has Tony ever got as much power as Lex did in the Black Ring storyline?

Hell no. Tony never really got into Cosmic Stuff. Closest thing was trying to pilot the Godkiller, but it turns out it was Arno who had the genetic code to do that, not Tony.

Does Doctor.Strange Stark count?

There was that one time he wielded the infinity gauntlet...beyond that, no; Tony's always been grounded within the confines of his tech, for the most part.

Sorcerer Stark looked pretty powerful in that Generations Issue, all things considered. I guess fusing tech with magic made him more powerful than Strange.

not really, the Lex in that pic is pretty much the equivalent of someone holding the infinity gauntlet.

i remember reading like 3 or 4 first issues and it was just so boring that i stopped and don't remember anything beyond the general idea of extremis app extortion scheme

he was just a faggot, seems like you can't do much with the concept in the long run

did he have any ambition or goal or agenda in general?

oh yea and there was daredevil

>did he have any ambition or goal or agenda in general?
Create a perfect race of his chosen people. And be a dick and enjoy life and all that. Oh, and exterminate mutants. He was honestly the most realistic "altruistic villain" ever.

Arno is his EVEN SMARTER brother than seems to fade in and out of relevancy/existence right?

Yup. Arno Stark was the Iron Man of the future (the faaaaaaaar of year of 2020), but Gillen revealed he's the genetically engineered half-alien super-smart son of Howard & Maria while Tony is adopted. Bendis has dealt with everything (even gave a him a rockstar mom) BUT Arno.

Ultimates had the same
>Smarter Stark brother who as never mentioned before now but now everybody knows his name and how smart he is
plot line as well
I kinda hate it but I'm not a big enough Iron Fag to judge

Ah, Gregory, yeah. Gregory to me felt like a revamped version of Morgan Stark (distant cousin whose father sold his shares of Stark Munitions and so he felt cheated) so I didn't mind.