youtube.com/watch?v=aQ79AqEtHXo
youtube.com/watch?v=dylX-4mljcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wonder if they'll add All Grown Up as backups

get those angry screams ready

I don't think people give enough shits about Rugrats to get angry t b h
it looks cute enough, it's fine

>characters look wonky at times
>modern day references (we'll see if they're integrated well or not)
Other than that, fine so far.

Only Chuckie looks decent in this style.

what are we supposed to be outraged about?
...i have a feeling you're the only angry person here, op

>Sup Forums will not take it kindly

Stu looks evil.

Like he's secretly making something diabolical in the basement.

Why the fuck are their staff credits on the cover like its a movie poster?

OC dunat steel

Just wondering, have you ever read a comic in your life? This shit is common

>everyone's on their FUCKING PHONES
we deserve a nuke.

sorry for the wait

What fruit is that logo supposed to be?

Stu was always tech obsessed, always buying useless convenience inventions so it only makes sense.

pomegranate?

>smartphones
I couldn't throw this into the trash any faster.

esoteric but I like it

pineapple

I do not hate this, It looks nice enough, but it doesnt look very much like the rugrats

Are they fucking on the low?

>tommy's bigass arms

i laughed so hard i probably woke someone up

>the three dudes from the old Nick bumpers
Ok that got a grin from me. Chuckie is also undeservedly cute in this but I can handle the style shift. It's pretty damn hard to out-ugly Klasky Cuspo style.

>Having an ad for your own comic inside
What bumpers?

I haven't read this interview but I'm sure Sup Forums will find something to be angry about on it

youtube.com/watch?v=aQ79AqEtHXo

youtube.com/watch?v=aQ79AqEtHXo (1:16)
youtube.com/watch?v=dylX-4mljcE

Interesting

I don't know how to feel about this

I get it! they are on their smartphones all the time.
I don't need a repeat of my day-to-day.

Was Tommy a draw? Who was the Janetty?

its that a freaking fallout references in MY american baby comic?

is deedee T H I C C?

also notice there's no Dil or Kimi so it's perfect

This was my first reaction, until I remembered that the original Rugrats was full of that shit. The adults were always talking on cell phones, having a pissing match over who had the biggest TV, or listening to trendy pop child rearing personalities. Sitting in the same room texting each other is exactly the kind of thing I could see them doing.

>OP mad that the adults are on their phones all day
casual

Where did the fun go? WHERE DID IT GO! SOMEONE STOLE IT

Dill is. Tommy drew dimes and carried the whole faction on his back. He always knew how to turn a work daydream into a shoot.

is there another issue, OP? I want to see Angelica and Suzie and their parents.

This is the only one so far

The show really went down the hill with All Grown Up. Fuckin Russo.

Thanks, user. I've been wanting to read this.
>no Kimi
I actually liked her.

Sexting edit when?

That was her joke,

if everyone is a phone obsessed moron it's not fun anymore it's just played out and boring.

>that episode where Chuckie gets cucked

Chocolate pudding?

Not CHUCKED?
One job.

No, there's a second one out.

Thumb ain't even in the right place. Someone got paid to draw this, and someone got paid to edit it.

>that episode where Lil bullied Phil's girlfriend into leaving him.

Her joke was that she was constantly interrupting her family life with with hostile attitude (but from our perspective inane) business world shit.

Triggered me hard

Ok, call me an idiot, but I'm very confused about where the hell they're standing in panel 2. The front of the house looks completely different from the establishing shot.
Otherwise, eh, it's harmless. I like the art better than the original show, but who the hell was asking for a Rugrats comic?

So simple and so brilliant... I wonder what we've lost.

It just seems to be written incredibly out of character. Nobody has retained their voice from the original show, it's just vague generic facsimiles.

It's not very good, but I'm not surprised.

thats his step-sister user.

That Tommy is a mutant.

>I'll text you

>That hand
unf!

Oh my god enough with the phones. Is this some social commentary?

I can slightly understand this, since these are the same parents who LEAVE THEIR KIDS AT A TOYS R US AND TOMMY GOT KIDNAPPED AND MISTAKEN FOR DONALD THUMP'S KID

Why douse Stu keep giving Tommy the fuck me eyes?

wonky art aside, this was really cute.

I agree. Their voices went completely out of whack about the time the stuff with the drone started.

I also hated the overbearing modern technology shit (because to be honest I hate smartphone addicts in general) but it was a clever use of the technology for a plot that fits right in with the show.

And the art sucks.

But I liked it.

Wait what

Nick has been banking on 90s nostalgia for the past few years

Well I gotta admit, this thing makes my bile rise just a little bit.

I gotta be frank with you guys.

I don't understand how rugrats got as big as it did. I always felt it and Douglas were the most boring shows on nick.

What a cute boy(female)

The original Rugrats had a recurring theme where the parents were always too busy doing some kind of asinine bullshit to watch their kids. The social commentary's always been pretty thick if you're looking for it. Shit man, go look up the episode Pickles vs Pickles if you want to see social commentary at its most blatant.

it was pretty surreal and trippy for a kids show

Gabor Csupo has a lot of crazy experimental art that goes unrecognized

Not really sure what's so infuriating about this unless you're one of those people who's really autistic about modern technology.

>Not wanting to fuck your step-sister
what a fag

>PHONE

STOP.

>no female symbol on Phil and Lil’s mom’s jersey

Well there you go I guess.

In part, it's because Nickelodeon wanted something to represent their network that wasn't Ren & Stimpy. Given John K's general personality (and the direction he eventually took with MTV) it's not hard to see why they were looking for a replacement. And Rugrats was the response.

With that out of the way, Rugrats still had an immense amount of charm from the dichotomy created between the parents and the babies' perspectives on life. Most episodes had layered plots where you'd be viewing the same events from different view points which provided a level of depth that few other shows have accomplished on Nick. It was rarely (if ever) "laugh out loud" funny, but it created an experience that was simultaneously imaginative yet firmly grounded.

I just remembered that Rugrats in Paris existed and the babies got in a giant mech fight with some french fuck in a big snail.

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

chuckie never says shit like that, in fact tommy is saying ooc shit too