Disney has officially acquired Fox

thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock-2/

Other urls found in this thread:

thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=GfjZtLneA2E
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is done then

holy shit. Does this mean finally having a united Marvel cinematic universe, F4 and X-men included?
Does this mean the Mouse owns fox news too or is that a separate company?

The mouse is fed then. His hunger should be sated for now

IIRC the deal was for Disney to get their show/movie shit and fox to keep news/sports stuff.

>Does this mean the Mouse owns fox news too or is that a separate company?
No. Read the fucking article, bitch.

So what do they get out of this for certain? Doom? F4? Deadpool? Mutants Skrull characters? Galactus?

SIMPSONS WORLD FOR KH3 CONFIRMED

>Homer Simpson, Wolverine, Darth Vader and Iron Man at Disney World
Going to be a mind fuck the next time I get there.

>The Mouse ever being sated

You poor poor fool. Copyright law should tell you that he's never sated.

Bob Belcher a Disney princess when?

F4's rights are apparently owned by some other company or some such, Fox only licensed them from said company.
I think Fox News and the sports channels are separate, or at least, that was the last I'd heard

The article lists both Xmen and F4

>We should wait Feige and see what they'll do, and that doesn't say a shit about Fantastic Four so just wait for a press conference in the next days ...
Did you read the article?

Faux news is separate and the mouse didn't wanna touch that mess. Anything that had 21st century fox bronze icon with the trumpets blaring is there's now. Avatar was distributed by them

It also means they will rule the world in 50 years time

THEY CAN’T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

Sorry 4 that they belong to Disney now
"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. "

BASED DISNEY

NOW ALONG WITH AWESOME STAR WARS AND MARVEL MOVIES WE WILL GET AWESOME X-MEN MOVIES, DEADPOOLMOVIES, KINGSMAN MOVIES, ALIEN MOVIES, PREDATOR MOVIES, AVATAR MOVIES, PLANET OF THE APES MOVIES, DIE HARD MOVIES, TERMINATOR MOVIES, AND SO MUCH MORE

PLEASE BUY SONY AND DREAMWORKS NEXT BASED DISNEY

>The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

It literally says it. Constantin theorists BTFO

manlet wolverine incoming.

>Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool

just the first lines xD

BRAVO CAPITALISM

Simpsons predicted this long ago, there was no stopping it.

>50
try 5

Anastasia is finally the Disney princess everyone thinks she is.

THE MOUSE WINS AGAIN

oh boy

So what are you most excited about anons,what are you scared of?

Pete/Human torch bromance and Tony/Reed interactions could be cool

Its the Movie/TV show stuff, half the point of this was so the Murdochs could keep their focus on stuff like Fox news that is better positioned to survive World War Stream

Christmas came earlier.

>Avatar
Jesus fucking christ, I hadn't considered this. Assuming Cameron ever finishes the sequels and they have even half the bang of the first movie, we might get to see if a building can explode with money or not.

WE

WUZ

Avatar was already at Disney World and Cameron has close connections with the mouse. He was asked about the deal and said it basically would change nothing for him.

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Another company had the production rights, but Fox had the distribution rights, so all the power was with Fox anyway.

I'm just excited to possibly see an F4 movie that isn't mediocre or shit. The Xmen don't worry me too much because even if the MCU "ruins" them as so many anons try to predict it wouldn't make much of a difference, because the current movies already are pretty meh imo, with Logan being an anomalous exception.

Really, the only troublesome thing could be Deadpool and it's adult-oriented rumour, will it upset Disney or will they just let it be as long as it's successful? And actually that question goes for the whole thing, will Disney just try integrate the current state of Xmen in the MCU or will they straight up reboot it all? We just don't know enough

IT GETS EVEN BETTER

AND WITH THE AT&T MERGER DEAD BASED DISNEY CAN BUY WB TOO

>I'm becoming stronger

Fuck me, I can actually see them happening, with Sora in Simpsons style.

At this pace, Earth itself will become Disney World

I love mickey mouse

>most excited about anons
Doom Anihilus Galactus Silver Surfer Ben and Johnny
>what are you scared of?
Less movies with only 1 studio. No recast of the main X-Men, I really like Evan Peters, McAvoy And Fassbender, but h8 all the others

It's unnerving how much of a monopoly Disney are building on entertainment and broadcasting.

They didn't produce avatar. They just had distribution rights

So does this mean Disney has the distribution rights to ALL of the Star Wars movies now?

>The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.
I don't even watch movies, but I'm glad. Now hopefully Marvel publishing gonna stop chocking X-men and let Reed Richards and Co to have own book.

Here's what 2016 looked like.
Now imagine what 2018-19 will look like with X-Men movies that start making around a billion dollars.

youtube.com/watch?v=GfjZtLneA2E

>better positioned to survive World War Stream
Makes sense.

I know

isn't it awesome!

Can't wait for FOX copyrights to be extended for another 100 years

This guy has created his own fucking dynasty.

they aren't a monopoly until the take over streaming next year

>What will be the next big bad in the MCU they asked
>The Infinity Stones break and fuse into their original form
Suddenly, Secret Wars!

Pic related.
It's happening, bitches.

It’s less likely but a KOTH world would be hilarious

RIP DC cinematic universe

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

massive MCU reboot incoming.

Yeah, no kidding.

Hopefully they won't delete the 20th Century Fox logo from older films like they did with Star Wars I-III, V & VI

that's a bad thing though, mutants or FF don't work in a global universe together, the conflicts they face are contradictory, especially with the Mutants and shit like Avengers.

You can fire your shitposts from the Tower of Babel, but you can NEVER strike God.

I'm hoping they'll leave the X-Men TV shows alone. Legion is fucking amazing and Gifted is pretty good right now.

>Popular entertainment properties including X-Men, Avatar, The Simpsons, FX Networks and National Geographic to join Disney’s portfolio

Bought buy Based Disney when

I think they're already Disney afaik
Didn't Fox just have the film rights to X-Men & F4?

nope Disney didn't make it so into the trash it goes

The press release in the opening post specifically says they have the FF rights again.

They must have brokered a seperate deal with Constantin.

infinity war 2 is being rewritten massively, Say good bye to Captain marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Antman 3.

Disney Megacorp just needs to find the right yes man to make a Fantastic Four movie

They were produced in collaboration with Marvel Entertainment.
So i don't fucking know what's going to happen.

Will there finally be a good Fantastic Four movie?!

>Disney owns FOX
>Adult Swim airs FOX re-runs
Do you think this will affect anything? Will Disney use FOX as an outlet for more adult features instead of gutting them for their image?

Don't fuck with the free market

>that's a bad thing though, mutants or FF don't work in a global universe together, the conflicts they face are contradictory, especially with the Mutants and shit like Avengers.

There are only 3 Avengers with powers that aren't just technology.
Scarlet Witch (controversial ex-villain)
Spider-Man (soon to be Threat or Menace?)
and Hulk, literally a rampaging Monster.

The Avengers are very controversial in the MCU, they had accords dropped on them almost right away.

The people of Earth are in no way used to people with freaky inexplicable powers. Doctor Strange and the other mystics keep a low profile for a reason.

Captain America literally shits freedom and patriotism and he's a wanted criminal!

No. But we'll get something fresh and decent at least.

Also I predict they'll fuck up Dr. Doom. No offense but Dr. Doom is a shitty startup villain, the thing that makes him charming is that at the end of the day he just fucks off back to his not-Moldova and is still king.

>tfw this is phase 4

Marvel superheores are images of celebrities. They ignore mutants even in comic books. Like their problems doesn't exist. Some of them may even be mutant-haters for all we know. JJ Jameson is probably the only character that reacts to mutants' troubles somehow.

>National Geographic
Thank god. Anything is better than what the degenerates at fox turned NG into. I've never seen anything so respect turn into complete and utter tripe as fast.

With 20th Century Fox no longer obligated to crank out non MCU Marvel movies, we could easily have 6-7 MCU movies between IW1 and 2. Or more, if they decide to delay IW2 to introduce the new IPs back in.

>officially acquired
>It is done then

There's an 'official' agreement for the purchase; the government will likely intervene since they did so for Comcast NBC Universal and Trump has done so for WB/AT&T.

More than likely, for example, Disney won't get to own that much of a share of Hulu, or Disney will have to give up something else in this deal to manage that.

I mean, it probably WILL mostly happen, but it hasn't actually 'OFFICIALLY' happened, there's just an agreement for it TO happen.

>WITH THE AT&T MERGER DEAD

Read more news AND with better comprehension.

Who's the best startup villain for the FF?

Isn't that what happened to Spectacular Spider-Man and EMH?

see? It's redundant, and they can't have mutants in that universe. If you start adding a "1% of people are born with power" it doesn't work anymore, at all.

No way Carol's getting cancelled when they just got most of her villains back. T'Challa is safe too.

They going to make Doom work, making him a nerdy scientist or a evil business man just won't cut it for Doom.

Plus with Magic being a big part of Doom character, he could have a history with Kamar-Taj in a pursuit of mastery both science and sorcery.

>instead of Ultimate vs 616 it's MCU vs Fox X-Men
>Secret Wars is used to introduce the Fantastic Four + Dr Doom and other characters
>Battleworld shake up and reboot of the universe allows for recasting and buttery smooth inclusion of FF, X-Men and the Avengers in one new universe.

DO IT

Mole Man

Soon...

Movies? Mole Man

>tfw Archer and It's Always Sunny are now Disney property

Paddy's Pub at Disneyland when?

>the fucking movie has no reason to exist anymore
JUST

It had less to do with not wanting to touch that mess and more about wanting to avoid a massive anti-trust suit like the kind Microsoft had to deal with in the 90s

Super-Skrull.

FUCK

Moleman

MCU Mole Man will be The Simpsons Moleman