Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead!

cbr.com/snyder-wont-direct-another-dc-movie/

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/dceu-more-successful-than-mcu/amp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zack Snyder? More like Zack Shitter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

now sell DC to Disney

They should have kicked the hack after MoS, instead they gave him all DCEU key movies

unbelievable

Shame, because I don't hate his stuff, but good bye and damn good riddance.
The question becomes who's gonna be the headrunner for the movies? Or are they doing what they should have done from the get-go and kick the idea of a SHARED UNIVERSE to the curb?

Too late.

Too late. 5 years too late (longer if you didn't like Watchmen)

Why the fuck did they double down an keeping Zack anyway? Nepotism? His wife's talented mouth?

I've been confused about this since they announced him directing MoS shortly after Sucker Punch bombed critically and commercially. What the fuck were they thinking?

In MoS's case, it was because he was literally the only director willing to touch that project. And WB were more interested in just getting any Superman movie out due to rights issues.

Just by looking at his tattoos they should have known that the man makes all kinds of bad decisions.

OK.

Another reboot coming soon?

The WB higher ups thought the early cuts of BvS were fantastic & were convinced it would be their first billion dollar movie. Seriously.

I don't know if Snyder & his wife were clever enough to know they really made a turd but they got JL in production and began filming before BvS actually came out to a tepid response (Even if you love these movies for not being 'Marvile quipsfests' you have to admit it underperformed). Once a movie is rolling it's REALLY expensive to fire a director AND a producer and it can sir up shit with their respective Guilds. Also certain WB execs wanted JL to open by the end of this year to collect bonuses.

Definitely some behind-the-scenes nepotism.
>Watchmen bombed
>Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole bombed
>Sucker Punch bombed
When you deliver three big budget money losers in a row, someone's pulling the strings to keep your career going.

His wife is a smaller fry than he is. She didn't get him shit.

this guy has it. And after MoS the studio capeshit bureaucracy train had already left and there were no fucking brakes.

>Marvel get's the rights back to X-Men and F4 meaning they are saved from Fox
>DC fires Snyder so now the entire DCEU is safe from him
Are we about to enter the new age of CapeKino?

>their first billion dollar movie.
Umm...

Wow it only took them a failed franchise to realize he sucks at his job.

Um, no. The DCEU is all ready more successful than the MCU!

cbr.com/dceu-more-successful-than-mcu/amp/

JUSt like his hideous daughter!

But he was going to be edgier than ever!

His daughter was actually really cute

Why bother rebooting? They’re just going to treat continuity as flexibly as Fox’s X-Men or James Bond or the 90’s DC films or any number of other franchises did before the marketing angle of playing up interconnectivity got overhyped

You know the difference between you and WB Execs? They may have been retarded for keeping Snyder as long as they did, but they can recognize trends well enough to see the writing on the wall. They may have been able to ride on the IPs themselves, but the public has wised up on the quality, and if Justice League proved anything, it is that the Transformers model is not without it's limits when it comes to DC. They can throw as much money at DC movies as they want. Until the public starts liking them more like Wonder Woman and less like BvS, they'll be in a downward spiral long term.

jesus fuck, did all of the news decided to drop today?

Please understand that I gave Zack Snyder all the chances in the world.... but well there's only so much bad directing/storytelling overall that the gen audience is willing to tolerate. And some of those WB execs should be kicked to the curb also for rushing Justice League, their desperate attempt to catch-up to Marvel hurt what should have been a cementing moment in the DCCU.

>is that the Transformers model is not without it's limits when it comes to DC.
The reason why they hide their RT score was because they saw transformers themselves falling apart a couple of months earlier and getting stomped by their own Wonder Woman because of critics and word of the mouth.

They realized that JL was going to flop when it was only 2 months from being released.

Of course, but you still have clowns who insist the DCEU being more "successful" than the MCU after 5 movies is impressive as though the current model of production/reception is sustainable by any reasonable metric. OK. Great. You strapped bigger booster engines to your space ship and caught up with the competitor impressively quickly. Unfortunately those boosters are unstable and are going to blow up and take the ship with it. When it's all said and done, how exactly has "winning" in that manner benefited you?

>reaps the benefits of Marvel's age of comicbook movies
>has the benefit of having the most recognizable characters
>people actually arguing that the DCETrainwreck is anywhere near MCU quality or success
just accept defeat already

RIP DCEU

He made kino and everyone killed him for it.

>Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead!
No, his daughter is

KA LEL

NOOOOOOOOOOO

What if Snyder jumps ship and directs a Marvel movie?

>during the AT&T merger talks, they wanted Snyder gone from DC movies
Based AT&T

>watchmen underperformed and got middling reviews
>Man of Steel was a rushjob that did decent but got bad reviews
>BvS was a big underperformer and got raped in reviews and fan reception, Sup Forums contrarian echochambers don't count
>they still went through with Justice League
WB is so fucking retarded. 300's success didn't warrant this level of escalation.

>Whedon ruins JL so much that it bombs
>blames Snyder
Wow.

NIC Cage?

i always found weird she called him that

Feige would put him in a leash and give him no freedom at all, the movie would be OK because it would be a 90% feige movie and Snydercucks would claim that MCU gave Snyder freedom to do his "vision".

i think it was pretty decent, whedon barely touched the movie, as of words from zack, from the beginning he wanted a more light-hearted movie

I am genuinely curious how much Superman actually was in the original version of JL. I swear, every scene had the CGI lips.

He was too good for superhero stuff anyway. Hope he's not gonna have a studio breathing down his neck for whatever he's gonna make next.

We should be happy Batman v Superman exists the way it does.

>snyder visuals with a coherent plot and none of the babby's first student film metaphors
Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I imagine a lot of it involved him with the beard and black suit which was cut out completely.

Oh yeah user, they're gonna let the guy who turned World's Finest into a mom joke and lost two of the biggest chances of an easy billion on another hero movie. This isn't like how when Joss jumped to DC

>We should be happy Batman v Superman exists the way it does.
As this generation's Batman & Robin?

>He was too good for superhero stuff anyway.
His last movie before the superhero stuff was Sucker Punch.

Which was a pretty fun movie.

>He was too good for superhero stuff anyway.
Yeah, he really knocked it out of the park with a remake of zombie movie except this time the zombies are fast and an adaptation of a Frank Miller comic.

The problem is that cutting the movie up made Whedon's scenes more substantial. Some of the dialogue, camera angles, etc. were so clearly Whedon. I might rewatch it at some point to pinpoint every piece of Whedon influence.

>Snyder directs a Marvel movie

Great, say hello to more EPIC QUIPS

>cbr.com/dceu-more-successful-than-mcu/amp/
So... with a list of the most well known characters on the planet, DC manages to make a little bit more at the box office (while also costing a shit ton more to make) than Marvel, whose first 5 movies we filled with characters the general public didn't even know?

That would be like comparing a Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Zatanna, and Hellblazer movie to 5 Marvel movies (with two of them being Avengers 1 and 2).

In a lot of ways, DC has already shot their wad... you've already had a Justice League movie. What do you build toward now? I hope the answer is Crisis on Infinite Earths... anything less will likely kill the franchise. At least they finally got rid of Zack Snyder, which is a step in the right direction.

>I hope the answer is Crisis on Infinite Earths
This wasn't even a good story and wouldn't make sense in the context of the DCEU.

he directs moonknight and marc gets raped.

Kill yourself. Crisis on Infinite Earths was great and Pariah was cool.

It does if you pull in their TV shows. Hell, pull in NolanBats, Superman Returns, Smallville... make it a huge crossover covering 3 movies... and let the people playing different versions of the same character know that the first 2 movies are the audition to determine who will survive the third movie and get to carry the character forward in solo movies.

>Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

Thor Ragnarok already had "Snyder visuals" but better.

The opening scene and the flashback scene were incredible

Is there a rip already?

RIP CAPEKINO
2009-2016

>2009
300 is Snyder at his best

But 300 wasnt capekino, it was sandalskino.
300, Spartacus and Ben Hur are the holy trinity of swords and sandals.

300 is an insult to those movies. Fuck off.

300 is based on a comic book, user.

Sounds like a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Don't think so yet, I just grabbed the pic from google

>X-Men and FF coming home
>now this
This is a good day for Capemovies.

You mean capeflicks

Not all comics are capes.

Yeah, why not?

by himself.

Did anyone else feel bad for the dragon?
He was just hungry. Fucking Surtur was probably starving him.

Luthor? More like loser!

Zack Scheisse

>implying Gunn would let Snyder rape his husbando
The dude is still pushing to direct a Moonie movie.

Superheroes were cool since 1919 user.

Goodbye Hack Shitter

>Sounds like a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

As opposed to the current state of the DCEU.

Chef mung, more like chef dung

Your reminder that JL is the first Batman movie to lose money.

Something or someone always gets needlessly cut down fighting off Thor at the start of his movies.

Beat down is one thing, but decapitated? Poor boy didn't deserve that.

Good news. Sadly, too little too late.

Thank god for that.

Though it took way too fucking long. He managed to ruin the first ever DC connected cinematic universe before WB FINALLY realized he was shit.

What I wanna know is apparently a lot of the higher ups at WB actually wanted him gone after MoS but some people protected him. Who the fuck were they are when are they getting fired as well?

>Snyder is the only problem with these movies

Yeah, nah. The director is just a (small) cog in the machine that systematically shat these movies out. Everyone involved --everyone-- needs to be fired.

That's:
>the screenwriters
You know, who write the actual script and ""story""
>the costume designers
who gave us CGI Cyborg, Khal Drogo H2O addition and tacticool Flash
>the producers and execs
whose idea it was to rush a cinematic universe fucking backwards
>the concept artisits
bruh look at this suicide squad
>the composers
Wonder Woman's theme is fucking garbage, and everything else save from Zimmer's score in MoS is unmemorable.
>the cast director
bruh look at this Aquaman
bruh look at the top of this Flash
wait wait wait till you see the suicide..
oh no no no no non
oho oho hoho ho

I mean, this is for sure a step in the right direction, but the whole thing needs to be purged.

Just outsource that shit to Diney's Fox subdivision.

Good, I liked his take on Watchmen but he simply didn't understand Superman or Superheroes

>were convinced it would be their first billion dollar

More like their fourth

Oh wow NOW,you're firing him? So what? there is nothing left to direct at this point

Good, now maybe he can do what he really truly wanted to do all along and work on film adaptations of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, instead of cramming Ayn Rand's shitty excuse for a philosophy into goddamn cape films

It SHOULD have been fun. It had hot girls, dragons, swords, soldiers and samurai
But it was hot piss man, be honest

>The DCEU is more successful than the MCU after five films
Deceptive title that makes it seem like those five films alone were more successful than the entire MCU in five films. Who cares if the DCEU is more profitable than Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain america: The First Avenger, when those movies built up to the fifth biggest box office of all time, and DC's major crossover was a box office disappointment that puts the entire continued universe in question?

He should have never even gotten the chance for MoS. This wasn't some couple hit wonder who shat the bed hard when given the keys to a big project. This was a mediocre filmmaker that got lucky and then shat the bed. And kept shitting it and rolled around in his own filth and stunk up the bed so bad that people avoided going near him for so long until it hit a no return point that they had to throw him out with the mattress altogether.

Thank you Based WB and Whedon. Now they can make DC more like Marvel who is making actually good Comicbook movies.

>Give Snyder the keys
>Mess up the first movie
>Keep giving him the keys
>He kills the movie series
>He leaves for personal reasons

>HURR HE'LL NEVER WORK HERE AGAIN!

WB still maintains the crown for King of Retards.

even if it WAS 'pretty fun' (which it wasn't), making 'pretty fun movie[s]' is not the same as being 'too good,' dude

That's who he is in this universe. A remote and austere alien god.

I generally don't notice visuals in movies because I'm more of a story guy but when I saw that I thought it looked incredibly cool.

>>the screenwriters
>You know, who write the actual script and ""story""
How come you guys keep ignoring the fact that even Snyder himself says he was in the writer's room, offering ideas, and arguing against others? Yes, film production is compartmentalized, and yes, the credited guys do the lion's share of the work, but the idea that Snyder has no influence whatsoever over the story, that ANY director has no influence whatsoever, is stupid.

>>the screenwriters
>You know, who write the actual script and ""story""
And Snyder directed them. He argued that Clark needed to kill to establish the no-kill-code. Even if it was Goyer's idea originally, Snyder defended it and broke the tie. Not to mention ,Snyder is on record as settling characterization disputes (a part of "story) with push up contests.
>the costume designers
>who gave us CGI Cyborg, Khal Drogo H2O addition and tacticool Flash
To fit the director's aesthetic that favors darker tones and a lot of blue and high contrast.
>the producers and execs
>whose idea it was to rush a cinematic universe fucking backwards
Literally married to Zack.