Why is he scottish in the cartoon when he was afrikaner in the comic?

Why is he scottish in the cartoon when he was afrikaner in the comic?

He is an Afrikaner pretending to be Scottish

Oh shit that makes a lot of sense

I just finished episode 1 so I have no idea if you're joking or not though

Because of the old DuckTales cartoon.
We at least know that he's only pretending to be Scottish. No confirmation that he's from Sarf Efrika.

That's actually FROM the comics. He always worn a kilt and acted scottish in the comics too. Don't pretend you've read them faggot.

you can't have a villain from Africa for a european hero. Either the other way around, or they both need to be from the same culture.

I read the one where he met scrooge in south africa and robbed him, and then some shitty italian-made comics that were poorly drawn and poorly written.

Also the one with one with the volcano on an island at the international date line

>Boer is the Dutch and Afrikaans word for "farmer". As used in South Africa, it was used to denote the descendants of the Dutch-speaking settlers of the eastern Cape frontier in Southern Africa during the 18th century.

>during the 18th century
wait how old is scrooge exactly

Maybe because the Apartheid. There's a line between cartoonish evil and evil evil

In the Don Rosa universe most of the story takes place in the late 40's and scrooge was born in 1867

He is totally gay for Scrooge.

tumblr please leave

I did like that in the new toon it's a conscious effort to rip off Scrooge.

Scrooge is cheap, so Glomgold is cheaper. Scrooge is Scottish, so Glomgold is Scottish-er. He does wverything Scrooge does in an exaggerated way, but it doesn't make him richer.

Somebody that obsessed with another old guy is definitely not mentally healthy, though.

Yeah but he was established as south african during the apartheid period, so why would that be changed?
Also it was unironically the best period in southafrican history
Because he's been known as the second richest for decades and tries to do something about that.

He likes male naked duck imagery.

He's correct.

>Angones says, “Glomgold is bigger, faster, and cheaper. An in-joke we had for him was that originally in the comics, he was South African, and then they made him Scottish in [the original] DuckTales, so we really leaned into that and decided that when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off. More Scottish and even richer.”

This new Glomgold gets pretty insecure and defensive about how he's totally Scottish. I don't think it's been confirmed whether his true origin is South Africa or elsewhere, but I remember someone speculating that the appearance of these ladies is supposed to hint that he's still from Africa.

What are you talking about?

this is his voiceactor
notice something?

he looks kinda scottish in the comics as well, but it's clearly stated that he lives in south africa. I wonder why that is.

he's not wearing an undershirt

And?

and that's fairly unflattering with a button up shirt

>Somebody that obsessed with another old guy is definitely not mentally healthy, though.
What, did the multiple attempts at Cold-Blooded Murder not tip you off?

>Yeah but he was established as south african during the apartheid period, so why would that be changed?
Because the public perception changed. Hell, Reagan openly supported the Apartheid regime, nowadays that would be imposible. Times change

>Also it was unironically the best period in southafrican history
It's hard to debate this kind of things with a Sup Forumstard