While I hate the MCU, and I love the X-Men movies...

While I hate the MCU, and I love the X-Men movies, I still feel relief that X-Men will return to the fold for two reasons: finally marvel will stop pretending that mutants don't exist (outside of comics), and two, the X-Men might become great again, and in many ways, change MCU for the better. Who knows? Maybe the X-Men will be THAT franchise that will break the boring formula, the best of two worlds: well made blockbusters, but with substance, food for thought.

>X-Men might become great again

That won't happen. Marvel sucks period right now.

Fact.

>finally marvel will stop pretending that mutants don't exist

They didn't have to pretend. If they don't exist, then they don't exist.

And honestly, it's for the better. X-men sharing the same universe as the other titles brings it all down. X-men is always plagued with apocalyptic futures guaranteed to happen, which means that everything that everyone else does will ALWAYS be rendered moot.

Leave the X-men in their own universe so they can't shit it up for everyone else.

I truly hope Marvel Studios will do the right thing by keeping the X-men and mutants at large out of the MCU.

How many X-Books have we gotten since secret wars ended and we moved into ANAD?
Extraordinary
Uncanny
All New
All New Wolverine
Old Man Logan
Jean Grey
Iceman
Blue
Gold
Astonishing
Weapon X
Generation X

I know I'm forgetting a few here, but can someone explain to me exactly how this is Marvel pretending X-men don't exist? As far as I'm concerned they've had too many X-books going at once for the past few years now

I just want the MCU to die and for these people to stop making superhero movies every year. There were 10 from this year alone for fucks sake. Marvel owning X-men just means this blight will keep on for decades. Also you have really fucking stupid if you think X-men are going be a substantial break in the formula.

The x-men were in decline before marvel started outright fucking them over, you can only play the 'muh oppressed minority' cared so many times before it loses all meaning.

Lol no user. 2019 is going to be over saturated and Disney has no competent competition. The Dark Ages are coming back.

I agree. If you are going to cut Marvel into two the best choice is easily the X-Men and everything else.

Also gets rid of people who will complain that mutant hate doesn't make sense when there are a fuck ton of other superheroes.

Those people don't make any sense
>trying to find logic in racism

A man can dream. All trends die eventually, I just wish this one would hurry up and fucking die.

I imagine the complaints have more to do with the writing, like how a lot of the most popular characters have been fucked over and killed off or the fact that the team has suffered two extinction level events in the past 10 years.To be fair though most of Marvel has been shit for the past few years.

>trying to find logic in racism
Reality

The only real popular character who was actually killed off was Cyke, you could argue Maddox, but honestly you'd be dumb to do so considering the character

OP here again. In many ways, I did not make myself clear. You see, for the last few years, there was this (pun not intended) a Civil War within the marvel, like Us (x-fags) vs. Them (MCU-fags). It was very infuriating, because I felt like we were missing some second golden age for the franchise. I'm not sure if the comics will be good, but to paraphrase brevoort, now marvel will have some reason to invest into a property that they can use in 100% as opposed to what it was before.

Mind you, it's of course possible that everything might go wrong

>and two, the X-Men might become great again
You know what needs to happen?
Mahvel pull the "the truth is I'm Iron Man" trick again. Subvert the tired bullshit formula. Everybody in the MCU LOVES mutants. Reveres them, in fact. Maybe get a little creepy & invasive about it. Because what the FUCK GODS ALIENS INTER-DIMENSIONAL DEMONS HOW ARE WE NOT ALL DEAD ALREADY WE NEED MORE AVENGERS STAT

Also it might just put comic mutants back on track & make Joe Queseda kill himself. Nice lil' bonus.

if only.

>the X-Men might become great again
Right, because post-MCU Avengers, GotG and Spider-man are definitely so much better than their pre-MCU comics.

If you think Marvel hasn't been x-fags vs. non-x-fags for fucking decades then you're delusional. The only thing that changed was x-fags stopped being the ones being pandered to so they tripled down on their bullshit persecution complex.

actually, it wasn't like that. People tend to exaggerate. X-men used to be the franchise that boosted others. The thing is, for the last few years, there was a very open hostility and alienation between The Marvel, and Non-Marvel. Whatever happens, it's not going to get worse for sure

Does this mean we get Cyclops back?

When X-Men return to the MCU is Xavier leading them or is Cyclops?

Are we going have to go through the basics all over again or can we pick up in the 2000’s?

>Does this mean we get Cyclops back?

We have little baby boy Cyclops

it's okay, it is the same

Tyke is not the same.

holy shit, does this mean inhumans are gonna get shelved and stop being forced down our throats?

People who blame the movies on the comics not being good are idiots. X-Men has always been good and bad, they've always killed off major characters and brought them back, they've always had shitty writers in-between good ones. It has nothing to do with the movies.

>not liking things forced down your throat
Are you some kind of faggot or something?

The x-books are always selling so they are pretty much obligated to print a lot of them but in every other way they have given the boot to the X-men for years.

They are virtually nonexistant in the games with mobile games starting to add them this year and games like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Lego Marvel 2 completely removing any trace of them.

The writers aren't allowed to create more of them so every character that would've been a new X-Men became an Inhuman, this pretty much broke the X-Kids books because they relied on having a school and they could not make characters graduate without creating more of them to refresh the roster.

The worst offender is merchandise, they tried to remove X-men and F4 from it so much that there are pictures of secret wars T-Shirts that had the X-Men and F4 removed and replaced by netflix defenders, the new captain marvel and inhumans

Why do we want mutants in the Marvel world anyway

Why do we want all these characters shoved together on screen together, for what purpose

X-Men makes a lot more sense in a world without other superheros, and focused on its own drama.

It's human nature to prefer to be around people that look and sound the same as you, and share the same culture and values. It's human nature to feel less comfortable around those who are different, especially in situations where outnumbered by them. The more different they are, the more a person may feel uncomfortable, and groups whose values are completely alien to each other will struggle to coexist.

It's an ugly truth, but the truth is, it's just human nature, and you literally have to brainwash, bully and use the threat of legal force to make different groups pretend to tolerate each other and coexist in the same space without fighting.

If the "people who are different to you" are a race of superhumans who seem to be mostly members of vigilante groups and terrorist cells, and keep talking about replacing you and taking over your world, your prejudice against them isn't going to be illogical, nor rooted in being an evil bigot. It's going to be a healthy instinct for self-preservation.

Fucking THANKYOU

If it's just you and them, sure. That's why the X-Men movies have managed to be the most poignant take on the idea.
In the comics/MCU, that shit don't mattah. The threat of "The Other" is so varied, omnipresent & horrifyingly powerful that the most out-there mutant is no different from Chuck two doors down in the grand scheme of things. It stinks of having your cake & eating it too. In a world of spontaneous abominations like Doghead the scary different-ness of mutation is utterly superseded. If anything they become immeasurably valuable. People.. But with superpowers?! everyone would be frantically chasing organized marriage or some shit for security against the horrors of the universe.

the best thing is the X-Men don't have to wear stupid intentionally ugly superhero outfits anymore and can bring back their baller jackets.

Unironically loved those jackets, especially on Cyke. Don't know why every costume he has makes him wear some stupid head gear when the visor is fine on it's own.

Alright.
Which of the core f4 and core xmen will be racebent and/or gayfied?

The X Men never went anyway. It's people gassed off of nostalgia, as usual with the xfags.

A non-stop stream of X books and movies since 2000 and these people still think they're being denied something.

The general public in Marvel are supposed to have been largely protected from knowing about a lot of the more terrifying threats from outer space and other dimensions, and have a refusal to believe that others are real. They don't have the same sense of "grand scheme of things" that readers get.

The idea that the average person can live in the Marvel Universe and continue to not believe in aliens or vampires, and can think Galactus is some kind of elaborate hoax, it doesn't always work or make sense, but it's how they keep things resembling the real world on the surface-level.

And people are not as afraid of other kinds of superhumans as they are of mutants, because the others aren't a race, and aren't openly competing with them to inherit the Earth.

The other superhumans instead get treated like the real world treats celebrities, and others who live in the public eye. When they succeed, they're loved, but when they fail, or step out of line from what's expected of them, all the hatred and resentment shows itself.

user, stop copypasting memes, like a faggot parrot. The complex certainly was real, but the problem was that for mcu-fags, x-fags were treated like dc-fags, while for dc-fags, x-fags were marvel-fags

X-Men should be the #1 multimedia IP in all of pop culture, Marvel and Fox mismanaged the brand.

It starts with Marvel putting name talent on the books and making them #1 again and creating the merch we've been demanding for a decade, X-Fags will settle for nothing less

Welp, be prepared to be upset. X-Men time was 30 years ago.

>people are not as afraid of other kinds of superhumans as they are of mutants, because the others aren't a race, and aren't openly competing with them to inherit the Earth.

While this is strictly true, is it obvious to Marvel citizens? I mean, surely from their point of view all kinds of superhumans are multiplying like crazy? The presence of one superhuman always seems to lead to more just spontaneously popping up out of nowhere. While once superhumans were rare enough that you might believe they didn't even exist, now they are inundated with Spider-People, Symbiotes, Wolverines, Iron Men, Hulks, Inhumans, past and/or future versions of people who are still running around, children of superhumans, none of whom stay dead, and each of which has an ever-expanding 'Rogues Gallery'.

So why mutants should be singled out is beyond me. I imagie by the 22nd Century, everyone on Earth will be a superhuman of some sort. At the very least, even the lowliest flatscan should be hopped up on safely mass-produced super-soldier serum.

>Does this mean we get Cyclops back?

Comics-wise, Rightclops was a host for the Phoenix Force during AvX. That's really all you need right there to explain his inevitable return. Besides, now that Disney has a reason to push the X-Men, Marvel Comics will come around to what the fans have always known:

Cyclops was right.

>When X-Men return to the MCU is Xavier leading them or is Cyclops?

Cyclops should be team leader, with Xavier being the guy in the back providing guidance. If Marvel makes it more ensemble rather than "Wolverine and the other guys," tension between Cyclops and Xavier could provide some character development.

>Are we going have to go through the basics all over again or can we pick up in the 2000’s?

Honestly, I hope we go through the basics. Although Fox did make some awesome (and downright shitty) X-Men movies, one thing they never did well was continuity. Kitty Pryde is a great character to focus on to introduce the team... I would REALLY love to see her walk through the Danger Room with her eyes closed.

I have no idea why Fox used Rogue as the intro to the team in the first X-Men. I hope the MCU uses her as a villain in a Captain Marvel movie, so we can get super-strong, invulnerable, flying, split personality Rogue - aka best Rogue. Hell... if you're looking for an AvX movie, there's a hell of a motivation for conflict right there. Rogue goes to the X-Men for help, Carol shows up, punches Rogue into orbit, and summons the Avengers.

The "Spider-People", Symbiotes, Wolverines, Iron Men and Hulks are all small groups of people, most of them are less than 10 on the planet. And most of the "bad" ones are just criminals that only want money or revenge. They're a singular threat that can be contained or dealt with. You might not want to live in the same city as one, but you're not going to be afraid that they're going to outbreed you and take over your country.

For the most part, you can avoid them all by just choosing not to live in New York.

Inhumans, until 2012, would have been a thing most people were barely aware of, and then only from Medusa and Crystal's time with the FF, or when Crystal was an Avenger. Inhuman villains have posed no real visible threat to the outside world, people don't know who Maximus, Maelstrom and The Unspoken are in they way they know who Magneto, Mystique or Sabretooth are.

There were people resistant to the idea of the "NuHumans" amongst them, but with the Terrigen cloud gone, there aren't going to be any more.

I'm all in for a Rogue that punches shit

Besides FOXmen in general had a good ending in DOFP