Even in third world shitholes like mexico the president is chosen by the popular vote and not an dated obsolete model...

Even in third world shitholes like mexico the president is chosen by the popular vote and not an dated obsolete model like the electoral college.

If you are a democrat and live in a predominately republican state, your vote truly does not matter since your state will turn red no matter you vote or not. You would need thousands more to vote to even make a small dent on an otherwise already set state. Same if you're a republican and live in a democratic state.

Why can't we just make it one person one vote and be done with all the state "battleground, tossup, swing state" silliness and just let the people decide directly ?

Right, because then no republican would win.

Tl;Dr your an idiot

We elect people on a democratic model you dipshit.

Why so salty?

As always, no counter arguments.

>Being this moronic
I've been going to thread after thread asking people to read the constitution and the federalist papers.
This is a much better system than anything you and other fucking stupid liberals can think up.
It keeps California and New York from running away with the vote every time. It keeps Cities from outdoing rural areas. It is a equality mechanism.

>and yet all those Mexicans with that oh so perfect voting system come here

just take your loss like a man faggot

If this were a democracy Hillary would have won. More people wanted her.

If that was the case large states full of illegals would decise our president everytime. If you dont want the electoral college then reinstate IDs as a requirement to vote. The only reason clinton got the pop. Vote was because of the bottomless pit that is cali. If cali had its way then they would decide the president everytime.

If you're stating a red state can't go blue then you clearly missed last night when trump flipped blue states to red. I mean by your logic flipping states can't be done but somehow it was. Fuck off.

Do they teach any of you fucking libcucks about our political system? Or do they just teach you to whine about things you don't understand.

If you think Mexico is more "Democratic" than America you're so stupid I'd question whether or not you where brought up here.

But clearly if you were from Mexico, you would know better than to say such stupid shit.

is it still possible for trump to win the popular vote or are they done counting?

So if NY imports 1 billion chinamen they get to dictate to the rest of the country? If you remove NYC and cities of California, Trump won the "popular" vote overwhelmingly

And that's why mexico is a shithole.

The salt is real. KEK

Here's my counterargument: HHAHAHAHA EAT SHIT YOU LOST

>not an argument

OP doesn't understand the concept of a democratic REPUBLIC.

kys, OP.

We're making American great again without you.

Good thing US is a republic and not a direct democracy.

>follow the third world as an example

Found the democrat.

Don't forget the bump Clinton got in West Virginia from those niggers she gave pardons to the day before the election.

>Even in third world shitholes like mexico the president is chosen by the popular vote

Guess why it is a shithole. Popular vote protects minotiry states from being buttfucked over

Democracy already spoke, be a man and deal with it

boo fucking hoo

>cali
It's California you degenerate faggot.
And the only part of california that goes blue are the big cities. You know the ones filled with liberal faggots that grew up in a conservative mid western household and decided to rebel against their parents and finally moved to "cali". Either way trump won and I hope some of you out of staters finally move back.

>USA
>Democracy

Cry me a river libshit

>Outdated

No, the popular vote is the outdated sect and we have proven why.

My favorite part of this zhit is every agency is showing at least 5% of precincts still out and Hillary is only leading by 130k or so. It could easily still swing trump

Fuck off CTR, its done.

This

Republic > Democracy

>mexico is a shithole
>Bulgaria
Sir, you won a metric fuckton of keks :3

It was your forefathers wrapped in their liberal tendencies that created the electoral college. So don't bitch about your own party's shitty ideas when they don't work to your advantage.

Glad this isn't Mexico, as much as you wish it were.

So long Pablo! Throw a couple bricks up on the wall on your way out.

Britain uses FPTP too

It's far more efficient and blocks left wing parties

>Even in third world shitholes like mexico

Welp, there ya go. You undermined your entire opinion in the first sentence.

i wonder if you will be able to see the wall from space

Fuck California and fuck liberals.

How about you move to a state that reflects your values?

Red states don't want blue neighbors anyways. Go shit up cali more.

It's all in the federalist papers. I haven't read all of it, but they weren't stupid. I think #10 is the one that talks about the Republic vs. Democracy, and how less volatile of a system it is.

Georgia here. I voted for Hillary but I should have known GA would be red. We're always red.

We're not a democracy, we're a republic of city states

This means we don't go by off direct democratic voting of the population considering some cities and states have an overwhelmingly larger population than others because this would lead to larger states getting to dictate essentially all political discourse.

Trump STILL wins terms of numbers over her because he took more states in the election, which means more of the COUNTRY AS A WHOLE, wanted him.

Eat shit. You lost. Be sure to let the other retarded liberals know that the US is not and never has been a democracy.

wtf i love mexico now

lets move there OP!!!

Yeah, Democratic Republic. Know the differences 3rd worlders.

>electoral college
>outdated

>direct democracy, a system that has been around and ruining nations since ancient Athens by allowing the passions of the mob to guide nations, is somehow better and more modern

Yeah fuck off

>people would have voted exactly the same way and in the same numbers if the election was decided by popular vote

How did he ..?

I would hope so. Get them tourism dollars like the chinese.

>If you are a democrat and live in a predominately republican state, your vote truly does not matter

And vice versa.

>everyone gets an equal vote
>it's more fair like this because i would lose if we did popular vote
Lmoa How can you be so retarded?

Because cities would decide for the entire country then

Godspeed american bro, build that wall!
And make america great again.

Going by direct democracy. States like California, Texas, and New York would dictate the entire country simply because they have larger populations. Fuck these retarded liberals

I know you are really but hurt right now, just remember no one will miss you if you decide to end it all.

Thanks for taking the b8. I needed a concise answer for when all the Hillaryfags over here start bitching that she should have won overall.

Stay mad nigger

If we went by popular vote Trump would have campained harder in blue States and turned them red.

Since we citizens can't just import voters from other countries like the libs do it's the only reason we still have a voice.

And don't think that Latinos vote on your lgbtqwerty issues. They vote on Latino issues.

Pure proportional system are pure garbage. An electoral system needs at least a basic geographic representation, unless you live in a City State.

Are you fucking retarded? Electoral college exists to guess how the election would go if everyone voted. Countries who use popular vote, like Brazil, everyone is forced to vote from ages 18 to 70, or else they go to jail/get taxed and shit.
It's either electoral college with people not forced to vote or popular vote where everyone has to vote. Trump would win both ways,

But Hillary didn't even win a majority you colossal faggot. Most systems would have called for a runoff election where trump still would have won

>If we went by popular vote Trump would have campained harder in blue States and turned them red.

That's true. Politicians would stop ignoring blue states.

Op: Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We are a nation of 50 smaller nations if hillary get the pop vote from cali why should they say what is good for places like Idaho

I took a government class in high school so I'll explain. The us is made up of states. It would be unfair to have one state living under Hillary when it wanted to live under trump. Its done this way so that the majority of the states get thier way not the majority of the people. And it works better than what your lame ass is proposing.

But we want it back to Electoral system if it means we can win cuz we'll cry.

More People were VOCAL about wanting her.

That's what the house of Representatives is for you mong.

You have an electoral college to stop states like California and New York from shafting the smaller ones like Montana and Alaska

"Hey guys we should be more like third world shitholes"

Good idea

Why didn't you just ask then? Many people would have been glad to explain it to you directly, rather than in retaliation to a perceived shit post.

Not to mention all the voter fraud. I bet it was dead even if not 100k over if you got rid of voter fraud.

I'm all for getting rid of the electoral college as long as we implement, as nearly as possible, fail safe vote integrity measures. One vote, and one vote only, for each LIVING, LEGAL citizen of the us. If that were in play for this election, Trump would have won both popular and electoral votes by a landslide. Most minorities are fucking insulted that dumbocrats think they're too stupid to get a voter id card.

Yeah, sorry. I've just had experience of burgers get dickish with me for not understanding their politics.

They both spent the most money and time in like 11 States where the voters votes mattered. they were both playing the system except Hillary spent 2.5 billion and 4 years to loose.

I don't want my life dictated to me by faggots on the other fucking side of the continent.

anyone going to point out the fact that an hour ago he was down by 1%, but now he is only down by a few thousand. The popular vote ain't over CtR.

OP absolutely BTFO

What you need to understand is that hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people would vote if that shit mattered in their state. I would vote if it actually mattered here in California. Think for a second just how many of them might be right wing.

Popular vote gives too much power to dindus. Idiot.

If the voting system was completely different there's no telling how different turnout would have been.

It protects the sovereignty of the individual states.

This is a republic. Mob rule is dumb and bad and the founding fathers knew it.

If the POTUS was elected directly, Trump would've focused more on libtard states like Commiefornia where Republican votes currently go to waste.
Also, the Republican turnout in these states is low because conservatives know their votes won't meant shit in the current. In a direct voting system their turnout would be much higher.

what about all the locked states where people dont vote? i live in california and dont vote because republicans always get blown the fuck out

i agree though it needs to change

Cry moar BIGLY!

3rd world shit hole... mob rule of popular vote... 3rd world shithole.

You see why the fickle and fad like whims of mob rule kee you a 3rd world shit hole yet?

The whole reason for a republic is to deny or blunt the power of mob rule while still distilling a consensus of direction... all the while protecting the self determination of those outside of the mob as best as possible.

There's a reason why 3rd world shit holes let the mobs rule them... and remain 3rd world shit holes with atrocious human rights records, technological stagnation, overpopulation, and negative human development. It's because they inconsiderately let the mob rule them.

here you go, faggot shit-for-brains:

"31 electoral votes still available"

We're not done counting the popular vote yet, moron