Is The Clone Wars worth checking it out. I've never bothered because the art looked unappealing

Is The Clone Wars worth checking it out. I've never bothered because the art looked unappealing.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513292937548.webm
starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
youtube.com/watch?v=a9s-xH-VPBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes. the art gets better and grows on you (for me, at least. the storytelling is pretty good. the characters are lively. action sequences are also good.

Skyguy

The clone centeret episodes are the best. Or at least the most reliably good.

I'm guessing it's probably best to start with the movie, right?

Yeah, that or chronological order

i should warn you that there are some scenes w/ jar jar. not a whole lot, but he does occasionally show up.

It's very hit and miss in the early seasons.
In the first seasons they wanted the kiddie audience so it's full of droids falling on each other and shit.
Eventually they get over it and make a pretty good show.

First season is kinda juvenile but it really gets good after that. Just hang in there.

You aren't ready for the Umbara Arc

The first season of TCW is more adult than literally any season of Rebels

As a hole thing yeah, but individual episodes are egregious

Generally yes, it's quite good

I prefer Rebels

>I prefer Rebels

Orange
Butt
Cheeks

Everything about the show is a slow burn. It begins grating but by season 3 the arcs get better and you feel genuinely invested with all the characters.

The Clones themselves are easily the best part as we really get to see them humanized with their relationships, their hierarchy, their struggles and even the psychological implications of having people specifically birthed to fight.

Yes. Especially since Rians trilogy will be about Ashoka

>The Clones themselves are easily the best part as we really get to see them humanized with their relationships, their hierarchy, their struggles and even the psychological implications of having people specifically birthed to fight.
Which when you compare to the movies, it's retarded
Since in RotS, the Clones are biological robots

Except the prequels themselves are retarded and the show actually does everything the prequel films tried to do but good.

So I could not care less about mild narrative discrepancies like that.

The is one episode with him on Rodia that's pretty good. He's still a boob, but far more competent than you'd think.

To be fair, that gets explained by way of either a lifetime of conditioning or literal neural implants.

the last season the lost episodes, truly has some spectacular moments.

the rest of its alright.

It's funny that the newest reiteration of the prequels commissioned by Lucas, there was an attempt to give Clones more personality by giving them more personality by having them shout out and encourage one another and shit like that during battle scenes.

It's still a retcon.
In the movies, the Clones were stoic Boba Fett clones who just did whatever they were ordered to do.
In the show, they were friendly gosh derned nice people, who also just so happened to fight a war.

The two don't really meet up. I liked TCW, don't get me wrong, but it was a retcon

>prequels themselves are retarded
Leave. Just leave.

I wouldn't call him competent. He just doesn't actively fuck up, at least not more than the others.

Nice Sup Forums meme

>I don't like nuStar Wars so now I have to like the prequels out of contrarianism
Listen, I respect George for trying something new but "new" isn't a synonym with "good".

And besides I just said the tv show, which is all about the prequel setting and narrative, was great and he somewhat redeemed himself through that. Stop eating shit to feel special.

the prequels were a lovely picture of the last days of the republic, as they should have been.

There's a reason I didn't start this thread on Sup Forums.

Nah
They said they were, but the result was something half-baked.
They were shit movies.
Why do Anakin and Obi-wan,our two leads, never interact aside from a basic opening scene?
Who are the villains of the movies? Dooku does nothing in AotC and Grievous does similarly nothing in RotS.
They're just there to be killed.
Why is everyone retarded? Why does the Republic accept the Clones when A) they don't know who ordered them B) the template is based off an assassin who tried to kill a senator C) that assassin is in league with Duke Countu, the head of the anti-Republic league.
It's not like the Separatists attacked first. The Republic attacks first with the Clone Army.
Why are the Jedi the defacto leaders of the army?
What virtues does Padme see in Anakin?

You wanted to troll Sup Forums for (You)s?

so the sith is basically the KKK?

Huh? I'm actually curious about the show. Sup Forums is too focused on The Last Jedi. Not that it would matter. Getting that board to talk about anything remotely seriously is near impossible.

The one with him and grievous on Naboo is GOAT

The prequels ARE retarded. I don't know who you people are who are suddenly out of fucking nowhere defending the indefensible trash fire that was the prequels, but I'm going to track down each and every one of you and slap the sass out of you. The prequels were absolute irredeemable garbage and you have absolute irredeemable garbage taste for defending them. Fuck you.

Being curious about the show isn't the same as denying that the Prequels are terrible movies that were literally written in under a week

not sure, those are ghosts/specters/dark side things.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513292937548.webm

Sorry, I must have confused you. I don't like the prequels at all. That other guy does though, apparently.

>mfw Jar Jar was fucking a hot princess waifu on the side this whole time
>mfw Disney confirmed this to be canon
That shit was honestly hilarious.

All cool, mate
The show is worth watching overall
The first season stopped me initially back in the day.
But it picks up
Watch Rookies (S1E5) to see if you like it.
It's a good episode. If you like it, bear with the rest. The later episode are all like that

Yeah, I think I'll check it out in a bit. People seem pretty positive overall.

Yeah. It gets better as it progresses.

I've heard a theory that, in-universe, Genndy's Clone Wars is the "real" story of the war and TCW is "Republic propaganda"

Anyone want to weigh in on that?

If the movies are the "real events" then both must be fiction.
I don't buy either as propaganda though. Both have Anakin going dark side and doing some bad shit.
Why advertise that if you're making propaganda?

Can we all agree that every iteration of the Clone Wars cartoon, 3D or 2D, did the impossible and made Anakin a legitimate or at least established character?

Watch the show in chronological order. starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

We agree.
Somehow the movie version of Anakin was the least likeable and the least compelling

Why not in order of the show's release?

>Is The Clone Wars worth checking it out.
Yes.
> I've never bothered because the art looked unappealing.
I know, it turned me off too. You'll have to get over it, it is worth it.

Because it's retarded
It starts with an episode with the Battle of Chrystophsis and ends on a cliffhanger.
Which is not picked up till a few seasons later
Stupid

Because they had a habit of making episodes that served as prequels to earlier episodes to appeal to George's serial fetish. It also sprinkles in higher quality episodes from later on earlier in, so you're more likely to stay through the weaker earlier episodes.

Ah, good to know.

>chronological order
No, you homo. I bet you watch the movies in chronological order too, you sick fuck.

I've only heard it the other way around.

(You)

yeah. plo koon, cad bane, grievous and kit fisto are great.

The Jar Jar/Mace buddy cop episode was the comfiest shit tbqh

It's unironically the best thing to come out of Star Wars.

I hated that episode.
Jar Jar is fucking a god damned duck queen?

A magical space duck queen!

Why not?

I thought it was a fun Indy tier excursion for a few episodes.

You're gonna want pic related OP.

>this meme again
Just watch the whole thing man

Stay mad, faggot.

This. It takes a while to hit its stride, but when it does, it's awesome. The Darth Maul arc remains one of my favorite Star Wars stories.

Also, Obi Wan is totes fucking his way across the galaxy.

That's the plan. I don't like skipping things.

This. That skip list skips a lot of decent episodes.

It’s still a kiddie show at heart but they really push it.
The level of violence isn’t high but when you remember this is like a tv Y7 rated show you see that some boundaries are being pushed to the limit.
Character arcs are simple but very well executed and storylines (if you watch the recommended episodes only) are very good.
There’s a chart that’s probably been posted already that says which episodes should be skipped

>gives no reason
>only childish whining
The prequels are mostly bad. Attack of the clones is impressively terrible and it’s really the only one that truly has no value. Phantom Menace has some moments, and the second half of revenge of the sith is unironically great. Rots is great for different reasons than the OT though in that it’s gloriously cheesy and dramatic (something the other prequels tried and failed to do) whereas the OT is just good satisfying story telling

I never understood that. You want to watch a series, but not want to watch a -series-. I'd get looking up a 'best of...' on youtube but come the fuck on. If you're going to be watching... Approx. 12 hours straight of a series then you might as well watch -all- of it, especially if there's no real shit episodes.

^ This.

The Clone bit always pissed me off the most. An army of bad-ass looking clones fighting bad ass looking droids in glorious open space battles? And it fucking sucks?

Thank Jayzus for the Clone Wars show.

The only part of ROTS that's remotely enjoyable is Ian McDiarmid chewing the scenery

The score is also good.

I think it's a great starting point, really. If I had watched some of the episodes not marked in my first run through, it might have turned me off from the series completely. Like when Padme goes to Mandalore, that shit is just so fucking jarring from what it was previously established as, it would have infuriated me, and I'm not even a mandofag.

Most episodes focused on Anakin are shit, though.

Battle of the Heroes is just Williams trying to recapture Duel of the Fates and failing

(you)

Everyone else was a plank of wood. No one cared anymore, but McDiarmid was the only one allowed to have fun with it.

I like Battle of the Heroes more, but I kinda get what you mean. I like more tracks from Episode III in general though.

>Is The Clone Wars worth checking it out.
Yes.

I don't know that never bothered me. They warred so hard they went pacifist for a bit, then they start again

The Padme episodes are so so though for the most part yeah.

Prepare for episodes where it's just one guy voicing the entire thing.

Domino Squad will always be in my heart

Yes. I only watched few episodes, but bunker ark was the shit.

>never interact aside from a basic opening scene?
What movies did YOU watch?

Lanter Anakin was a shallower character any time they weren't matching him really close to Hayden, which was most of the time.

Without exageration I will say that it's the best, possibly only Star Wars media worth watching. The original films and the KOTR series are a close runner up but neither are as good as TCW.
If you like the new films though you might as well try it. You'll clearly watch anything

>and the KOTR series
Stopped reading there.

I'm glad.
>thing is the best
>okay
>thing a and b are good
>but I hate thing b!
You've eaten too many crayons. I'd say you should swallow one last handful and end it

Wow, rude.

Very good show, I watched most of the seasons in SD but when I got to the HD ones later I was surprised how good it looks. The characters are good / great, most of the episodes are interesting and since clones and bots can be sacrificed in any number, the fights were serious enough. Rebels was a real disappointment.

I always liked the desing. Ahsoka is hawt, Dooku is cool. I really liked it fills the gaps in the prequels where things are seemingly happening for no reason.

It doesn't have Season 6 (which you should watch entirely because every episode is about how the Emperor took over the Republic) There is no point skipping episodes because it takes away the emotional investment in the characters. Not to mention the impact of certain changes in Anakins character for example the first force choke in S2 to save Ahsoka. Palpatines constant influence on his decisions is important too.

>Who are the villains of the movies
Sheev. I don't know how you didn't figure that out.

>It's funny that the newest reiteration of the prequels commissioned by Lucas
This is a thing?

Other way round. Genndy's CW is way over the top compared to the films unlike TCW

I liked the fact battle of the heroes played during anakin's vision of the future.

the quality of this video isn't great, but this is a video from one of the high points in the series "The Landing at Point Rain"

youtube.com/watch?v=a9s-xH-VPBA