What Sup Forums villains fit in this category? and for bonus points how many fit that description?

What Sup Forums villains fit in this category? and for bonus points how many fit that description?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9DRZymPlGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That tier relies on a bad\stupid hero though, it doesn't mean the Villain is "better".

Why won't you also try to justify your selection in a few sentences.

This should be funny.

Black Manta

Ozymandias from Watchmen

Senator Armstrong

Veidt's motives are that he's so egotistical and narcissistic that he's willing to murder literally millions of people to execute his half-baked, insane plan to 'save the world', built on an inherently shaky foundation that is likely to fall apart soon, because he believes he's the only person on the earth capable of doing it. The entire point of the comic was that the world is simply to complicated for one person or a group of people in silly costumes to 'fix' everything, Veidt included.

He looks pretty cross.

He killed trillions to save zillions

im just a nigga who posted a cropped version of the original list, I wanted to know what Sup Forums thought some good villans were

He's just a fucking power hungry sociopath with the mind of a 13 year old.

Plus, Veidt's plan was based on creating a society maintaining order from fear of being invaded from outsiders. Any country or government that leans on that for too long will eventually collapse.

The Maker.

Nox?

People trot out that Panther god test where it supposedly shows his motives are pure in trying to save humanity a lot, but wasn't that actually part of a ploy to BS Doom? What comic issue was that from, so I can actually see the whole thing in context.

Ok but I also don't see how fitting that description makes a good villain.
Barracuda was a good vilain but he had pretty simple motivations.

technically Sup Forums.

But really, was he truly homosexual?

Definitely not Ozzy.

The list in general is somewhat flawed. People constantly roll out Veidt as a 'god tier' villain due to his motivation, but at the same time he executes his plan less out of compassion and more out of the fact that he's a massive narcissist who elected himself judge, jury and executioner over the world simply because he believes he's the only person in the world capable of making such decisions.

doomwar #3?

a villain can have any motivation , that don't decide if he's good or bad

He can be good,bad,desperate or even insane, what decide if he's good is how likeable his personality is

I'm only interested in the ones that have said motive

I honestly hate that later writers made him essentially heroic and well intentioned. A big part of Lee/Kirby's Doom is that his vanity overtakes his moral judgment. He takes care of his people because he owns them, and fears the idea of not being admired by something. He wants to control the world because it would be his. His signs of compassion should only be for his own benefit.

That list is, as far as I know, the oldest bait image still being regularly used. I don't think "bait" was even a commonly used term until it had already been around for a few years.

Cirin, from Dave Sim's "Cerebus the Aardvark"

She genuinely wanted to make the world a better place, even if she was going about it the wrong way and for the wrong reasons.

manta

The other heroes weren't planning on doing anything at all. At the end of the book his plan is stated unequivocally to have worked, and while it is destined to fail, his madman's arrogant scheme bought the world at least a few more years. If we're talking in terms of absolute, final annihilation, any amount of time is a lot of time.

Easily, dude is the worlds most famous celebrity and arguably wealthiest, and there isn't a single woman in his compound. He could fuck anyone he wanted and he either chose to fuck no one, or he was nailing one or more of his manservants.

I'd argue Xanathos belongs in here.
He's a villain, but he's also above good or evil most of the time.
With every action he weighs what will give him the most advantage, regardless of whether it is good or evil.
In case there's that one person reading this that doesn't know; the Xanathos gambit is named after him, which is a gambit where you planned out things in such a way that in every possible situation, even the worst possible one, you come out with some kind of gain.

Fuck off with this shit already, God. Great villainy is about execution, not how well edgy emo faggot teenagers can identify with the villain.

What's the point then?
A few more years, what would've happened in those years? What was this cold war's death toll really like that millions dead and billions traumatized is an acceptable casualty in buying time for ultimate destruction?
All he really did was get his hands dirty in a plan that was a band aid on a massive open would.

>Implying

There's no specific category for a good villain. You can make a shitty show with an 'elder god tier' villain and the villain will still be shitty. This is an example of a shitty villain by your chart, but he's a pretty damn good villain.

ozy doesn't fit the description though. there are many other ways he could have solved the world's problems

that just looks like marvel copied off of ozymandias

>motives are hard to find fault

yeah i can find many faults in a theocratic conservative matriarchy

In some ways it was an improvement over the old system. The wars were over and all men had food and shelter for free.

I mean if we're talking Kessler then I'll throw in Augustine

A huge and total cunt and deserving of the beating Delsin throws at her, but damn if she doesn't make a good argument for keeping Conduits in Curden Cay
The good end where it's all "Peace, love, and happiness" after the Conduits get released despite nothing showing that people's lynch mob mentality had changed was contrived. Just at the beginning of the final mission you can see there are still people calling Delsin a terrorist and wanting to turn him over to the DUPs.

He didn’t have to kill people, did he?
Some of the most effective deterrents came from shows of force

I think destroying cultural monuments like the Eiffel Tower or the Sphinx could have had the same effect

I mean, it's not like he was really killing anybody. If everyone had just played their parts the way they were supposed to, the world would have gotten a 10/10 video game:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9DRZymPlGw

Mighty Action Odyssey was pretty good though.

I'd agree

Make way for the Maker.

You know it's true.

>OP is a fag as usual

>guy who did everything for love
Nah man. All he did was set up a giant lab experiment with people as his lab rats in order to impress Sue. I guess the retcon does turn him into "save the Universe"-Tier, but still, his main motive was always getting back Sue.

Humphries Ultimates isn't canon REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Black Freighter parallels imply that the world was never in any danger of being destroyed until Veidt tried to save it.

If you ignore Humphries' Ultimates, then Maker is just a lovesick puppy angry at the world.

Thank you. Most people ignore the meaning behind the black freighter

Black Manta
Thawne

Honestly, that chart only applies well to TV/movie villains and maybe some vidya villains, like Nolanverse Bane would fit in this category, for example.

As for Sup Forums villains, I'd argue that Sinestro might fit in this category but he's prone to doing shit that's entirely selfish or really dickish for no justifiable reason.

Nolan Bane was just a lieutenant in a scheme of petty revenge.

That really should be called the Weisman gambit.

Well Wakandans are racist biggots.

What would their God know.?

i think he slept with his alien dog. It made him something sexual but it sure wasn't straight!

Indie Dev explains his motivations.jpg

doom fits that category simply by being awesome enough

>ITT: genuinely sympathetic bad guys

>Humphreys ultimates
>Humphreys Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is there anything this guy writes that people don't want to forget? He is like a bad sexual experience.