Did people in in the 90s really think this is where pollution comes from?

Did people in in the 90s really think this is where pollution comes from?

Prove it doesn't

Yes. Everyone in the 90s thought pollution came from supervillains

They had to make the villains over the top. Otherwise some kid will watch it, see their dad has a job as a logger or garbageman, and think he's the devil.

Dr. Blight is kinda hot guys

>kinda

I swear this show did nothing but contribute to public ignorance
>Environment isn't damaged by organizations that want to make profit, but by evil supervillains who intentionally manufacture Pollution Machines
>Wars aren't caused by conflict of interest or ideology between nations, but by of magic alien warmongers
>Kids don't join gangs because of bad education or social values, teenage rebellion or plain boredom, but because of evil rat-people who brainwash them in cocoons

To be fair, the American audience is uncapable to understand a conflict that isn't good vs evil. It's basically a nation of manchildren

to be fair tbf, there really very little difference between the two in that first one

>uncapable

It's part of the DARE system of educating children. They wanted to tackle the hard issues without exposing kids to the reality of those issues, so they used supervillains and shady teens offering free drugs.

Dr. Blight can pollute me anyway she wants.

I swear that the only reason(s) that I watched any episode of captain planet at all were Wheeler and Nukem

bend over

Jokes on you, I love buttstuff.

I always had the hots for Dr Blight. She gave me funny feels.

well i hope you like butt cancer, because its all the unsafe toxic pvc buttstuff

Worth it for Dr. Blight.

> from a bunch of white people
Sounds right to me

>uncapable

Kids thought it anyway. Planeteers became environmentalists and pushed this bullshit global warming crap.

I mean, in one episode doctor blight kills two birds with one stone and is excited about being able to murder innocent whales AND improve her concentrated pollution formula at the same time.

Hey! It's the current presidential cabinet!

Hee-hee, hee-hee, Yeah! You tell them, mister Greedley!

>global warming crap.

good goy, your exxon shekels will be deposited shortly.

It's funny how each side believes fundamentally different things about reality of global warming, but both sides agree that the jews are lying about it.

Is that Bill Murray on the far left?

I always wanted to see Duke Nukem and Hoggish Greedly interact. For some reason they never crossed paths.

>pushed this bullshit global warming crap
Don't

oh, are super villains exaggerated versions of real life issues? Holy shit it's almost like that's the idea.

Dr. Blight: Amoral scientific experimentation, should have had big pharma ties.
Duke Nukem: Irresponsible nuclear testing, the thirst for an alternative energy source.
Hoggish Greedly: Literally big oil.
Sly Sludge: Poor waste disposal and overharvesting resources.
Verminus Skumm: War profiteers and political demagogues who gain from spreading hate.

They absolutely did have episodes with more grounded conflicts, by the way, and I'm not saying the show was a revelation, but if you guys can't into allegorical characters are you sure WE'RE the manchildren?

Not every 90's guy and gal was Ted Turner,buddy.

>Don't.

When people push policies that affect pretty much every aspect of life, you want them to have an impact or be for something meaningful.

The obsession with Co2 and such has led to tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths in Europe due to increased diesel particulates in urban areas.

And it hasn't even done anything because any gains are wiped out by China in a matter of days. So the science has to be air tight, not surrounded in controversy and protected with religious zeal.

Back in 90's they believed in anithing. Even that spray deodorants cause destruction of ozone layer of Earth. Can you imagine the smell of green-lovers back there?

>yfw you discovered Verminus Skumm was played by Jeff Goldblum

It's manufactured controversy though.

But the grounded conflict episodes are few and far between, while most episodes are exaggerated beyond any reason.
It would be great if Greedly or Sludge were just greedy and destroyed the environment as a side affect, but those characters literally benefit from pollution itself.
It's not "I'm gonna make the fastest car in the world, who cares if it pollutes the environment!". It's "I'm gonna make the nastiest car on the planet! I built an engine that produces 400% pollution!".

Symbolism is fine and dandy, but the show takes those issues to such black-and-white extremes that kids would learn that they can never do anything wrong. After all, if I'm not INTENTIONALLY dumping radioactive waste in the local river, then I cannot be at fault.

Also, Looten Plunder is thee war profiteer. Skumm is fucking vague, because his goals are 20% hate and 80% rats. Just rats.

lol
just read that the last episode of the show had one of the villains running a puppy mill
lmao
really scraping the barrel there

this thread needs more BLIGHT

No, they were stereotypes of corporate greed and indifference exaggerated into full on supervillains, so the moral of environmentalism could be delivered in the form of a problem you can solve by punching a dude and breaking a machine.

>because of evil rat-people who brainwash them in cocoons

So wait, Captain Planet was Sup Forums?

>Skumm is fucking vague, because his goals are 20% hate and 80% rats. Just rats.

I think it was urban decay because his episodes almost always involved things like disease, gangs, drugs, etc.

Yes so how are you polluting today Sup Forums? With all the shitposting I do I can fill up a landfill

I bet it's hard to get sponsors on board when your show is anti corporation and claims all mass produced goods are trash and all factories are killing mother Earth

Brought to you by Midas Tires

UGH UGH MY PEENUS WEENUS!!!!

But wasn't it Ted Turner's pet project? It's hard to imagine it being a hard sell when you own the broadcasting company.

But user... This would make ME the villain

I’m surprised your able to type anything between getting CULTERALLY ENRICHED Eurotrash.

Trump cant protect you forever
you will get gang raped and stoned to death sooner than you think

the main problem with policies trying to stop or slowdown climatic change is that they are misguided or poorly executed
The burning of fossil fuels for transportation is not that big of a deal for global warming
most CO2 comes from industries and energy production.
but even then, thats not the main source of greenhouse gases, its dairy products.
bovine cattle produce massive amounts of methane witch is a five times stronger greenhouse gas than CO2