What does Disney ownership mean for Fox Sunday night Animation?

Getting the Fox Sunday night gig was the goal for animators since that means hugely popular high paying job that could last forever.

But Disney always loves to cancel and replace everything after 3 years to avoid giving anyone a raise

Simpsons is almost the exact opposite of their common practices. How will that work out?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/what-happens-to-the-simpsons-and-other-questions-about-the-disney-fox-deal/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-disney-fox-deal-what-disney-gains-what-fox-is-keeping/
youtu.be/63wJItfmu_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump while pretending to be someone else, totally not samefag at all

Simpsons will end at season 30, Disney likes big numbers and marketability and it would hurt universal to have a land (two if you count Hollywood) based on a cancelled show

but simpsons is the most disney ready of the shows. Lisa being the perfect main character and all the men being complete idiots fits in perfectly with modern Disney.

But everyone attached to the show is being paid WAAAAY more than Disney would ever consider paying anyone ever.

The disaster of Zombie Simpsons happened because Fox execs are idiots and allow their shows to run on autopilot with no control or accountability. Disney generally runs a tighter ship than that.

What's even happening to the FOX Network? Is it just gonna be news and sports now?

So disney will own the content that airs on local fox stations right, but FOX keeps ownership of the stations themselves. Will we see disney cancel/move all these shows over to ABC as their contracts come up leaving only three networks again?

NOTHING.
Disney only bought Fox because something something competing with Netflix.

Seeing how Simpsons and Family guy have been utterly unfunny garbage for years now, I wouldn't miss them one bit. American Dad can still do decent episodes every now and then. It'd be a shame to loose Bob's Burgers though, it's brilliant.

On the bright side, no more family guy.
On the awful side, no more American dad, and a really toned down bob's burger.

Nothing will happen to American Dad as Time Warner owns it now.
It escaped the mouse's reach.

Its probably easier for them to just let the networks do their thing and cash the ownership checks.

They've been building the Avatar attraction in disneyworld for a while now. It makes sense.

They'll probably have a Springfield addition to toon town as well.

Everything moves to Disney XX,Disneys EDGY new adult network. Hosted by ROB SCHNEIDER?!

UNTIL ONE DAY...

"Oh god! I've become some sort of...smelly turtle creature!"
ROB SCHNEIDER IS...
"Yes sir.."
BOCO!
Rated PG-13.

Turtle?

Or so they say

Doesn’t TBS just air it?

This is a reasonably trustworthy rundown of it.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/what-happens-to-the-simpsons-and-other-questions-about-the-disney-fox-deal/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-disney-fox-deal-what-disney-gains-what-fox-is-keeping/

tl;dr: it's really unclear what's gonna happen in the distant future (i.e. 2018-2019 season and beyond), but nothing will change before May 2018, guaranteed.

One thing to be clarified: Disney owns the 20th Century Fox *studio*. Disney legally can't own the broadcast Fox network; they're currently just in charge of the people producing content for Fox. In particular, Fox still technically owns the airing rights to Simpsons, et al (if I'm understanding it all right); it's thus up to them to decide what to do.

Apparently, yeah. But that's for next season.

I don't think production studios have the contractual right to cancel shows; it's up to the networks. Either that or Disney will be losing out on money by straight-up cancelling all/most of them, which would be stupid of them to do.

Another idea (especially for my favorite shows like The Exorcist) is that when Fox finalizes the fates of their scripted stuff, Disney will just put them on their streaming service as new/ongoing shows. It could be a smart way to get people invested in "yet another streaming platform", which will be the only way it'll be able to compete with Netflix/AmazonPrime.

[Also interesting from the above links: Disney is now the majority owner of Hulu...]

You're right. 20th Century produces it and it airs on TBS.
I thought at least one show had escaped the mouse's reach.

If Disney isn’t using the Fox studio and name as an outlet for non-family entertainment, I can see them selling the Macfarlane IPs to Time Warner.

Then explain the Disney Channel

All of the acquired IP's will be put on their new streaming service.

"Man, pre-teen girls sure are stupid. Can you believe they eat this shit up?"

Disney typically cancells or rebrands all of their shows before it gets to a third season so they can avoid paying higher wages to their animators and voice actors. Simpsons is likely Waaaay higher than whatthey ar comfortable paying for.

>american dad

might want to update this.

>Hates dealing with Disney's shit
>Ends his successful show early and declines a third season
>constantly tweets how he hates working for Disney and is glad he left
>Moves over to Fox
>Begins working on new prime time animated series for Fox
>Disney buys Fox
>He is now a Disney employee again

Serves him right.

What was his reaction to this buy out?

He has spent the last week or two complaining about Alabama, so I don't know if he knows yet

All I’m hoping for is that Disney, even if they don’t cancel the Fox animated shows, force improvements to the aniamtion and writing quality of the shows.

Do you really think Disney would want this quality of animation being atttatcjed to their brand now:
youtu.be/63wJItfmu_0

Would be amazing if the suits moved the new series from Fox to Disney XD, then told him to make it more kid friendly.

Why not? Phineas and Ferb looks like absolute shit. nu-disney have no standards.

my assumptions are;

>Simpsons continues through at least Season 30
>Family Guy gets quietly canceled within a year or two of the Fox acquisition being finalized, that or Disney sells it and the other two Seth McFarlane shows to Time-Warner
>Bob's Burgers probably continues for a couple more years, probably ends after it hits 10 to 15 seasons
>King of The Hill's odds of getting a revival are probably about the same as before the deal, maybe slightly better if Disney cans Family Guy
>not sure what rights to Futurama does Fox still have, so unsure if this deal would have any real effect on that franchise outside of it being on Hulu

Fox owns the IP to Futurama, so now Disney does too. They can reboot if they want.

Putting it on Hulu might be tricky, since it just started airing on SciFi.

time to jump into other shows if they cancel all those

I think they're giving Simpsons to Paul Rudish
so there's that

> not replacing animation domination with Sunday Toonami

I imagine it will change in some huge way, Disney does not like anything staining their brand.

Expect Archer to go away too

lel Hirsch can't catch a break.

People have been focusing so heavily on X-Men in the MCU that they are not really paying any attention on any other aspect of the merger

Can't delouse the mouse

Pure kino. Too bad TBS won't renew...

probably nothing good of it
Disney now owns 2 major prime time channels
i wonder how they'll even deal with that

that's what Time Warner did with their companies. it led to a lot of weird competitiveness among the companies
at least with Cartoon Network
As in Cartoon Network sorta fucked with it's WB shows putting them in shitty timeslots (see Wabbit and Bunnicula)
But Disney was always careful with their companies not doing things so similar from each other
but then again Disney did let Marvel have a lot of control over Disney Infinite
so who knows what will happen

Simpsons voice actors won't take the 97% pay cut the mouse will demand once their contacts are up. Consider that canceled. Seth is the biggest schmoozer in Hollywood his shows might be safe.

Disney will probably stop the show at the end of the current contract (or right about the time in some 18 or so months that they actually get CONTROL of Fox). The streaming of all the shows currently offered on Fox will move to the Disney platform; Disney will collect the money from the syndication, so that won't really make a difference save that they might want to RENEW any contracts to hold the show for Hulu content.

Murdoch's are keeping Fox Broadcasting and also Fox News, plus the main (not those shitty ass regional) Fox Sports Networks. They will probably broadcast some more sports, and fill up the rest with cheap reality tv and more news shows (possibly even rebroadcasts of FNN shows onto FBC).

Fox TV studios supplies a lot of shows for Fox and that will stop, or slow down, since Fox won't double dip profit wise. One of the reasons Disney is buying Fox besides the library, is that the Fox studios are better run.

Disney makes more money on the films but they know that can change. If Beauty and the Beast had been a King Arthur or Justice League type bomb, then Disney isn't as profitable. The Pixar movies this year didn't make as much as they have in the past, and the non-original SW movie didn't make as much as Force Awakens, and Disney knows that.

And all that kind of CN shit will change when AT&T takes over completely.

They are a southern USA based, purely financial company and they won't tolerate any nonsense that isn't bottom line sensible for the entire company.

>Disney now owns 2 major prime time channels

Pay attention, actually read shit.

DISNEY DID NOT BUY FOX BROADCASTING.

You can now go back to sucking your thumb so you can stick it back up your arsehole.

FG cancelled is my dream....please Disney.

Bobs burgers at Disneyland

What about the Orville? I don’t want that to get canceled cause it just got good

If the amount of revenue made from The Simpsons wasn't incredibly high, the actors wouldn't get near as much as they do and it wouldn't still be on the air. Why would Disney mess with that?

He's worked on Into The Spider-Verse. Maybe Sony has a home for him.

They don't do that to Marvel, they won't do it to Fox. As long as the money train is still rolling, they don't care.

Would be interesting to see Fox scramble to try and get a renewed contract for 3-5 more years before anyone at Disney can do anything to stop it.

Warner actually fucked things up pretty badly in the 90's. Their own subsidiary companies were in much more heated competition with each other than they were with non-Warner companies.

It did make a huge problem for Cartoon Network, there was a time when the channel had to pay out royalties to use any DC characters despite also being another Warner property. That was lowered down to just paying for Wonder Woman to appear on screen.

>>Reddit

Doesn't have more to do with their endless war against the animation guild than actually making sense and turning a profit?

Doesn’t Fox manage this Disney owns then sure but I doubt they’ll ever let their cash cow die

>Welcome back to Disney, did you really think you could leave?
>Cute.

Don't they have that general rule that shows end around 65 episodes?

They do not even need to say that much, just need at least three guys in suits walking in the room and laughing maniacally at him.

it is confusing
what exactly does Disney own now?

All Fox licensed properties short of sports and news