thrilling

>Batman
>Batman
>Batman
>Batman
>Batman
>Batman

>6 of 10 are batman
Ok that's getting ridiculous, why his sales increased again?

There is a large contingent just buying Batbooks hoping they'll eventually be worth something.

Don't ask me, I don't get it either. Same fuckers are why shit like Doomsday Watch sells.

>There is a large contingent just buying Batbooks hoping they'll eventually be worth something.
There’s the cancer.

Batman fatigue hasn't set in yet I see. The overexposure is real though.

Surprised to see Cap that high on the list

>There is a large contingent just buying Batbooks hoping they'll eventually be worth something.

Are you retarded?
It's just people that just likes batman, batman being isolated from most events is the reason why it holds fans and collectors: it's mediocre to good and a safe bet for people collecting it. Batman has NEVER, not even in the early 90's been a series that brings especulators, the reason is that up until 2011 batman and detective comics were still in the vol.1 numeration.

>The overexposure is real though.
I don't believe you understand what overexposure means.

Marvel is at it's lowet point, every comic is trash.

I'm so sick of Batman.

it was the first dehydrated cap issue in almost 2 years, that's why

It's because it had a lenticular variant that month.

Shitty company has nothing to offer but Batman and unnecessary sequels to Moore's stuff

>event / #1
>event with a different cover / #1
>Batman/Joker / part of event / #1
>Batman / part of event / #1
>batman
>batman
>Batman / part of event / #1
>Captain America / #1 but technically not
>Batman
>star wars

When will enough be enough

Why? you are not forced to read the comic, i stay away from batman since morrison left, of course, your issue isnt that there's isnt too much batman comics, it's just that Batman is outselling your favorite characters.

Normes only know Batman lmfao

Do normies buy comics?

Do comic fans obsess over Batman?

I thought he was like the Nickelback of superheroes: absolute shit taste

>Cater to non-audience
>Current audience leaves
>Lose customers
Who would have ever guessed

of 10 are batman
>Ok that's getting ridiculous
Getting? Same thing last month, senpai.

>batman being isolated from most events is the reason why it holds
50% of those Batman books are Metal tie-ins you mongoloid.

>batman being isolated from most events is the reason why it holds fans and collectors
In what way is Batman isolated from most events

He was only hero in Forever Evil, had a big moment in Final Crisis, had a big role in Infinite Crisis' whole ordeal, he has more crossovers than anybody except maybe SUperman etc.

No, that's not true.

Speculators are well aware that Doomsday Clock has a massive print run and that anyone who wants a copy will be able to find it. There's no spec effect there for Doomsday.

Batman comics (especially main title(s)) tend to hold their value and increase a bit over the years, even for non-key issues, but that happens just because the audience believe it or not is strong and slowly growing. DC hasn't totally killed the Bat-brand yet. For the opposite thing, take a look at how Marvel did X-comics in the last 10 years. They killed the fanbase and no one feels the need to be anything close to a X-completist anymore. But with the Bat-books, even with New 52 DC made a point to say "Well, nothing is really changing much in continuity", and they stuck to that much more so than they did for their other characters.

This isn't people hoarding Bat-comics to gain value. This is an actual fanbase that's strong. I don't even think the comics are all that good, but compare the creators DC's got on high-profile Bat-books to the ones Marvel has on high-profile Spider-books. Tom King and Scott Snyder are the best-regarded writers of the last few years; I don't like them, but that's their reputation. Meanwhile Marvel has Dan Slott, who is almost universally hated by comics fans, and Chip Zdarsky, who is more or less a joke. On the Bat-books we have Greg Capullo and David Finch, both of whom are "hot artists". On the Spider-books you have Marvel's one good artist (Immonen) and an old-hand who hasn't been hot in years (Kubert). It isn't like Marvel can't afford talent, it's that they'd rather field B- and C-listers.

The "Batman" title itself does not tie into a lot of other events, neither do any of the Bat-titles for that matter. And yeah Metal is an event, but it's a Batman event that other characters' titles are tying into. It isn't like the Bat-titles need to tie into random Superman or Titans events; it's the other way around.

>He was only hero in Forever Evil,

He didnt do shit and we are talking about the batman issues

Joker's last laught and war games were the last batman centric events before metal. over 15 years ago.

>The "Batman" title itself does not tie into a lot of other events
Just Night of the Monster Men, The Button/Doomsday Clock, Metal?

>the goalposts
>I shall move them
This is why you don't get invited to parties, user.

Night of the Monster Men and The Button yes, Metal and Doomsday Clock no. The Batman title did not tie into Metal, and Doomsday Clock has no tie-ins

Duh. What is it supposed to be? If it wasn't like it is now, that would mean Metal was a failure and that people didn't like the Batman/Catwoman engagement, two things that are clearly not true.

Fucking Christ who buys all this Batman? For that matter who is still buying Star Wars?

>For that matter who is still buying Star Wars?
Honestly have wondered the same myself, user.

Star Wars #38 was the first issue with Gillen and Larroca on the title, and the art has been fucking atrocious. Larroca is heavily photoshopping images as the art instead of actually drawing.

God no that’s bad

I wonder how any company, let a lone one as big as Marvel, lets art like this fly. For gods sake its their biggest and best selling title, you'd think they would at least try to put some one with a little bit of skill or talent on this thing.

It sells well with that shit art so why would they care to replace it

hey man, remember Luke? Look how he looks just like Luke, you know, from the movies!

why are nearly all books first issues?

Doomsday Clock is a #1
The Batman Who Laughs, Lost, and Devastator are one-shots, meaning there is no #2.
Captain America #695 is almost a #1, because it got "legacy numbering"

who the fuck is buying all these Batman comics??

WHY?

I think it's Zach Woods from Silicon Valley.
I'm sure we can find photos for everyone else

The trade the evil Batmen are under is called The Nightmare Batmen. DC could've easily had the entire thing be called The Nightmare Batmen #1, #2, #3,. etc.

But they didn't and did oneshots instead because #1s sell.

You mean Batman fans who buy Batman.

What goalposts? we are talking about batman comics, not the character you dumbass, Batman isnt relevant in event comics.

>I wonder how any company, let a lone one as big as Marvel, lets art like this fly.
I've wondered the same.

>The Batman Who Laughs
>Batman Lost
>Batman #35
>Batman #34
>Batman: The Devastator #1
>Batman Annual #2
You want a wave like a Maverick, you need to put Wolverine post credit scenes leading to an event in your books

Is this Steve Dillon's hack twin?

Sad thing is I'm betting the 6 figure shippers stops with Lost.

I'm surprised the annual was so low.

The real shame is that D*sney Wars is so high.

Use to work at a comic store years ago. The amount of people who came into the store and bought only Batman was staggering.

Every big property had its fans. Spidey, X-Men, Supes, etc. But Batman, he had the most by far.

No they follow comic book “””fact””” accounts on Instagram. Guess which character gets the majority of “”””facts”””””

Wew are comics fucking expensive nowadays.