RIP

RIP

animationmagazine.net/people/bugs-bunny-designer-bob-givens-dies-at-99/

F

This should be pinned.

And just when the mouse took over, too. This is a sad age.

That sucks, espically when bugs isn’t used anymore

F

F

Well damn, F

oh well.
F

99 is a pretty respectable age.

F

F
Why is this not pinned, seriously? Either way, I'm glad he lived a long life.

This.

F for respects but ood on him or making it so long.

F

He seemed like a pretty cool dude.

F

Sticky when? Or is Sup Forums just all circlejerking about live action movie bullshit these days?

F
He will be missed.

Shoulda made that turn at albucorkey

Here before sticky

Foray didn't get a sticky when she died earlier this year, the last link to the golden age of voice acting. Mods here don't care for this ancient stuff. Maybe years ago, but not now.

>just all circlejerking about live action movie bullshit these days?
Yes, capeshit and pretty much nothing else. Technically if they wanted to be dicks, they would remove this on the grounds its 'furry'.

These, and many reasons, is why I don't post much here anymore.

F

F in respects to both him and Foray for being such great people, and for bringing such joy to me and the entire world throughout childhood. Fuck Sup Forums and it's shitty mods for ignoring this.

well damn

F

F

F

Sup Forums is for comic books also

Has anybody ever bothered to realize how much of American culture was based around Bugs Bunny? Bob Givens deserves the thanks of everyone who has seen any peice of American animation, as it will almost surely have been influenced by it.

Yes, capeshit and more capeshit and/or men in tight suits. Sure, new non capeshit titles have trickled in, but they are still in the minority.

F

He won't have to feel awkward about Robert Crumb anymore. In this world anyway.

What's up, doc?

F

>Givens worked with Jones one last time on Chuck’s 2001 direct-to-video feature Timber Wolf; Jones died the following year and Givens afterward mostly retired from the field, although he continued to teach and give talks into his 90s.
We should've gotten his opinion on le calarts meme

>Mods sticky obscure fucking comic shit but are hesitant for the designer of arguably the most influential animated character of all time

The idea that rabbits eat carrots comes from Bugs himself.

>WB
nobody cares about it. even their movies are awful, why Disney is better in everything?

F

F
also
When will you be sated

F

F

>Mods sticky obscure fucking comic shit but are hesitant for the designer of arguably the most influential animated character of all time
We're not going to make a sticky every time someone who drew a cartoon dies. There's no point in cluttering up the board when over half of the people here generally don't care about cartoons.

So stop fucking complaining.

The absolute state of you

STICKY THIS GODDAMN THREAD

Wew

S T I C K Y
N O W

F
That's all folks

Longevity to be proud of, and a life to be prouder of.

F

>LWA screenwriter dies
>Bugs's designer dies
It's not even christmas yet and It's already ruined

F

Still the best design imo. He almost looks like an actual rabbit here

F

never should have gone easy on those carrots

F
Is that is there any else still around from the golden age left also why does this not have a sticky?

F

What?

In a documentary about him, Robert Crumb claimed he had sexual feelings towards the american grey icon.

Can you blame him?

F

F

Ya'll gave a sticky for the guy who made Swamp Thing dying. Are you saying Swamp Thing is more important to comics than fucking Bugs Bunny is to cartoons?

>Bugs is dead
F

The man deserves more than a F anons.

Rest In Peace Bob Givens

99 is a damn good run.

oh fug no ebin
f

When did Bugs undergo a redesign? Was it before, or after Chuck Jones?

>over half of the people here generally don't care about cartoons.
Comics and CARTOONS you absolute fucking retard

Is Stan Lee all that's left of the old timey Sup Forums?

Ken Bald and Al Jaffee are still alive.

bump for sticky justice

>Thread still not sticky

RIP

>Someone who drew a cartoon

It's Bugs Bunny. BUGS BUNNY. Arguably the most iconic and influential animated character ever.

You guys let a thousand company wars, capeshit, and shipper threads go on, but you can't be bothered to sticky a thread about the death of the guy who made Bugs Bunny.

What the hell has happened to this place?

>What the hell has happened to this place?

comicfags are and have always been cancer, most of them are Sup Forums scum and literal posers.

FUCK CARTOONS AND COMICS

>that far right

muh dick

F

F

Another day, another dead white male.

Damn.

Thanks for the countless happy hours, Bob.

f

99, wow. That's a incredible age to live to. Just think how he has seen his work evolve over the decades. Rest In Peace.

F

F

Seriously, mods? The creator of Bugs Friggin' Bunny? Yeah, this needs to be a sticky. When Stan Lee goes it will sure as hell be a sticky for fucking days. Bob Givens was at least as important to cartoons and pop culture.

Number 3 was always my fave.

Also, yeah, needs a sticky.

>worked in various jobs in:
> Donald duck
> tom and jerry
> bobby's world

the man is a goddamn legend. Rest in peace, sir.

F

also come the fuck on, mods, sticky this shit. Don't let this thread die, guys.

#3 is so cute and bunny-like.

Well shit this sucks, also Sticky friggin when?

F

F

>One of Givens' most notable marks was the design of the first Bugs Bunny seen in A WILD HARE
Damn, he designed one of my favorite Bugs'.

I had no idea any Golden Age animators were even left, especially from THAT early. Anyone know of any others that're still alive?

RIP

Disney took over WB Animation?

I don't think Janet Waldo got a sticky last year either.

F

I could be wrong, but I think it was Robert McKimson who gave Bugs his modern design.

Ffucking mods, why isn't this thread stickied?!

Did he not smoke or drink?

F

F

Mods have a point
all stickies become shit after the first 100