Bone

Oh boy oh boy, what I ride, when I started it 9 days ago couldn't even being to imagine what would happen
I fucking love this.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to bone Thorn

Bone?

Here's a fun question, what voices do you hear in your head when you read each of the Bone boys' dialogue bubbles?

Did you read it in color? I don't k ow of I could bring myself to give the color volumes a shot. But I never finished collecting all the b&w single issues when Image did them 20 years ago.

yes
I think the colors were great

I remember reading Book 1 when it was printed in Disney Adventures magazine when I was a kid. I don't think I realized it was an actual comic outside the magazine until years later.

I remember thinking the Hooded One was the guy Phoney bought the bad prunes from.

Looks good considering they adapted it from pure black and white. I used to have the fat volume a decade ago. thing was a pain to have on your lap.

>promised toons in serious fantasy land
>it's toons in slightly less toony fantasy land
Bleh, would recommend this to kids only.

I didn't understand the ghost circles why were they a thing

when the hooded one half assed the ritual it fucked up the balance of the dream world and the real world creating bubbles of dream world in the real world, people who entered them would be trapped

Love this series, but I never read the spinoffs. Would anyone recommend them?

Anyone in here know the difference in the first issue editions?

I have a signed first issue with a Bone written in purple. Trying to figure out what it's worth

I fucking love Briar
Terrific villain

what the fuck did she mean by this

Yeah it's a good'n.

She’s completely insane

Nutjob old lady with locusts in her belly

Jesus, I remember picking this up as a 4th grader fucking 11-12 years ago.

>Crown of Horns

Bone probably my favorite graphic novel series out there this and Rasl or top tier books shame no one really talks about Rasl all that much though, anyone know how the movies coming along?

I hear them talking like the people in Fargo

Rose is great and so is Tall tales but it more of fun anthology I haven’t read Coda but I hear it’s good, I hated the first quest for sparks book and never finished the series

This. For me the colorization just looks wrong.

I don't think I can nail down hearing any specific voices for the Bones. I do hear Clancy Brown as Lucius and Frank Welker's Dr. Claw/Cave of Wonders voice as Kingdok, though.

>I remember reading Book 1 when it was printed in Disney Adventures magazine when I was a kid.
*Over a year (maybe two) delayed before Fone meets Thorn
*Censored scenes (no bathing Thorn, soda in the tavern, etc.)
*Final conversation between Phoney and the Hooded One erased, leaving the ending without context

>*Final conversation between Phoney and the Hooded One erased, leaving the ending without context
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's I came to that conclusion about the Hooded One.

Phoney is Danny Devito.
Smiley is Goofy.
I can't exactly pinpoint the voice I have for Fone, but it's Billy West-esque.

Are you me?

It's really good. Some of the scenery makes my heart flutter. I love vistas.

Though, when I first read it as a kid I was confused because I thought I the Bones were from some other series I should have read first.

The only one I have nailed down is either Gilbert Gottfried or Paul Giamatti as Phoney.

no ok

Any good quiche recipes?

Rasl's one of my personal favorites. Wish it'd get a little more love on Sup Forums, though, seems to be pretty underrated.

so how's the movie coming along? I hope they don't fuck it up

I wish Sup Forums would discuss almost any comics outside the bit 2. I miss when Megg Mog and Owl was popular discussion fodder.

My man, Rasl really does need more love I like how It’s completely different From Bone since it’s a pseudo sci-fi noir horror story with freeky shit happening for whatever reason

Fone Bone is Billy West
Phoney is Wallace Shawn
Smiley I don't have a direct actor reference too but sort of like a laid back cross between Goofy and Yogi Bear

Fone Bone always sounded like Rocko in my head

Fone Bone as a less squeaky Mickey Mouse(basically the one from the new shorts)
Smiley is just Goofy
I try to imagine Phoney as Donald but it usually trails off and becomes Edd from EE&E after a while.

Fone bone gets billy west
Smiley gets Rob Paulsen
Phoney gets Danny devito

Fone Bone sounds like Danny (Scott Bakula) from Cats Don't Dance
Phoney always sounds like Gilbert Gottfried
Smiley sort of sounds like Magilla Gorilla
Lucius is Brad Garrett
Rose is June Foray going back and forth between her Granny voice and her Ma Beagle voice
Kingdok is Keith David

almost completely great but it had such a disappointing conclusion

The locust filled scarecrow woman wasn’t serious enough for you?

What was the problem?

Anyone knows where I can read Bone online?

readcomiconline.to/

why

I legit cannot come up with Briars voice. When I see her without the hood, I hear a nondescript old woman voice, but with the hood up supposedly she sounds like a man (as evidenced by people calling her a man pre-reveal), so I have not figured out a way to consolidate these issues.

with hood = darth vader

without hood = mad madam mim

Probably a voice so wizened and/or eerie/distorted by the Lord of Locusts' influence that it becomes androgynous. Sort of like the member of FOWL High Command from Darkwing Duck who seems to do all the talking, but more ancient.

>Rasl
So what's this about? I love Bone and if this something like it, I'd love to learn more.

>Fone... I’m not sure. Kinda high-piched.
>Thanks to this thread I’ll never unhear Danny Devito as Phoney.
>Smiley doesn’t have a specific voice actor, just a bit of a “yokel” feel to his voice.
>Rock Jaw is Steve Blum.
>Kingdok is that wolf thing from Neverending Story.
>Thorn doesn’t have anyone specific, but she’s got a very slight British accent for some reason. Maybe not British, refined?

>Fone
Frodo

>Phoney
High Pitched danny devito

>Smiley
The scarecrow from wizard of oz a little more high pitched

>Thorn
Dorothy Gale

>Rock Jaw
Shere Khan

>Briar
Mad Madm Mim

Basically Ed, Edd, and Eddy for Smiley, Fone, and Phoney respectively.

Crazy Sci-Fi noir story with parallel universes the first chapters free online in the Bone website you should try it it’s pretty good

this

S T U P I D