Drew squandered a majority of Chaz's $10 million fortune (over $16 million today) on a startup that wasn't even...

>Drew squandered a majority of Chaz's $10 million fortune (over $16 million today) on a startup that wasn't even finished prototyping
>they stayed friends after this
>they continued to speak to each other after this
>Chaz never got drunk and took a golf club to Drew's car after this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tTQzg1v6sLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The amount of shit you can buy with a meager 1 million dollars

Let it be known if you blow a million on a fucking mansion that is literally almost all your money for just the house and we're not even talking all the utilities and insurance and taxes that additionally come with the house.

Chaz was an idiot for trying to fund a startup anyway, especially from Drew.

If I won $10 million i would put almost all of it in an annuity payment over 30 years. After tax and all, that still comes out to like $13k a month, more than enough to live on within healthy means without ever having to work

Also keep a decent amount of the payout aside for ""retirement" when the annuity ends in my 50s so i still can live comfortably afterwards

I'm a simple man, of simple tastes. If I hit it big, I'd live in moderate comfort. A house, a yard, its all I really want. At the end of the day, they're just things, and they come and go.

You know what the worst money pit you can buy is? A goddamn boat. Don't ever buy a boat. You're not a pirate, or a shrimp fisherman, you don't need one.

a startup that was literally just a squirt gun that sprayed water in your ear

Always thought that was stupid. If I had that money I'd just completely pay off some cozy little house

They say the two best days of your life are the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.

At least he got to keep the swan.

Thanks for the sage advice gramps. Any other life lessons I should commit to memory?

>tfw even the coziest house near me would be in the 700-1 mil price range

Who else /sfbayarea here?

Relevant
youtu.be/tTQzg1v6sLc

I just find it hard to believe that 10 mil in the early 90s is only worth 16 today. Most shit has more than doubled in price

Chaz knew he deserved it the moment he chose not to invest in his own business (not like he had any business savvy to begin with and would no doubt have to sell it to survive anyway).

this, I'd by a nice little house and never work a day in my life.

Anyone who gets 10 million dollars and thinks "hmm, that isn't enough, I need more" is the reason society is such a crapheap

You could live a pretty amazing life on that

This, but take heart fellow Commiefornian: when a solar flare wipes out the Internet we can haul the techies off to the guillotine and reappropriate all their floor-to-celing windowed high-rise apartments for the glorious antifa revolution

Never buy a timeshare
Life doesn't owe you anything
Make an autistic checklist of things wrong with the apartment you're about to move into.

What about your future generations faggot

The difficulty apparently comes from people like Drew begging for cash. You can only say no for so long till the crazy starts to appear.

Imagine if Elon Musk (or many other philanthropist) thought like you

Same. Maybe a comfy small flat in a large town or small city and a small house in the country.

That's why you don't tell anyone where you're living. Just buy the house and go.

>The story of the dude from the ghetto that won the lottery and then they found his body in a cement filled drum at an aquaintance's yard

The kicker is, the drinking buddies that murdered for his money, never actually got his money

My AMT tax paying nigga

You could also live an even better life and leave a legacy of building something bigger.

>future generations
To hell with that.

How do I build credit, user?
Do medical bills fuck my credit?

10 mil is enough to give a fuckload of shit to your kids if you wish, you could buy em houses and put em through private school and fund college

As for philanthropy or uh, Elon Musk,
if you're using the extra money for good causes then obviously fine, I'm talking about amassing personal fortunes which is what this thread was about in the first place

Richbois give you your autism bux

YOU ARE POISONING THE WELL

If your mindset was less apocalyptic, then maybe you could do some good for the future.

This. Right wing ideology is so retarded. Inheritance shouldn't be a thing. Put inheritance tax up to 100% on anything more than 100k.

>hurt you should have to work for everything
>u-unless you're my kid

Fuck you and your shitty worthless kid.

That would require more than just me doing something. I could blow every single penny on trying to do good and it would amount to naught.

Do canoes count?

I'd just want something I can manage. Not too big I'd spend all my time cleaning it, but not small like my college dorm. A good kitchen, a good truck, and room for my movies/books.

Why does your spite consume you so? Do you hate your parents or something?

>Parents immigrated here from another country
>Siblings and I shouldn't get anything because they were successful

I'd move out of this fucking country and to some east european country no one gives a fuck about with a 95% minimum white population.

I don't expect anyone from the muh tendies generation to agree, I'm just telling it like it is. You don't deserve your parents' personal fortune by default. They owe you nothing. You know what they gave you? 18 years of their fucking lives. Probably more like 25 nowadays. That money goes back into society where it might actually reach someone who needs it

Why do (most) Canucks brag about how they're not America while having less freedoms than America? Did Trudeau cast a spell on LeafLand?

Like you?
Fuck off, commie

>trusting the government with money

You don't need a guillotine, they'll all starve when their juice machines stop working.

Oh a canoe or a kayak is fine. A boat/vessel is an entirely different animal. There's fuel, licenses, permits, trailers for hauling, maintenance, and the assumption that you're going to use the damn thing

No a canoe doesn't count, nor does a tin fishing boat. When people say don't buy a boat they're typically thinking yachts, speedboats, etc. If you can carry it around by yourself it's probably not in the "best day is buying and selling it" category.

If I had that opportunity I'd like to build a boat. I have no intention of ever being near water, but I'd like to use it as a cabin.

These. Chazz was fucking stupid to put that much into that. Heck he was stupid for going overboard in general with that dough

Also this. If I were in Chazz position I'd probably just want to have it comfy

Is 401k a meme? I have one with my job and it takes out 10% ($131, to be exact) from my paycheck.

My cousin had a boat in Pittsburgh. That shit is so true.

Basically, >muh healtchare
>waits over a year for hip replacement surgery
>dies to treatable cancer
>organ waiting list is a death sentence
I've known a person for each of the above listed.

>mvq living in a city with two very liberal universities (both schools have made headlines for dumb shit their profs say) and trying to explain to anyone that healthcare is a commodity like everything else in America

I have been called a Nazi so many times that I almost forget about WW2

>"Let it be known if you blow a million on a fucking mansion..."
>he doesn't live in the city
$1,000,000 gets you a fixer-upper here.

Reminder, Drew did this shit WITHOUT Chaz's permission.

Drew should be in prison.

>10 million isn't even enough to produce one good animated film

No. Just get a secured credit card and work your way up.

10 million is nothing. You'll blow that shit in hookers and booze. It'll last you 5, maybe 10 years top and you are back to the shitter.

The smart move is to invest with some of your fortune, so you'll at least have some sort of perpetual income coming your way to support a lifestyle where you can buy love from a woman.

>That feel when most lotto winners die within a year of winning the lotto

Speaking of the lotto:
I still don't get why most states force you to show your face if you win the lotto. You are basically putting yourself out there to millions and saying "kill me"

Yeah I dont get it either
The state knows you got the money, why does everyone else have to?

In Mexico, all the jackpot winners are anonymous, which many find rather suspicious...

I'm honestly surprised people think government healthcare has to be good healthcare.
Anything provided by the government is shit. We're lucky the infrastructure is passable at best, and that's only because EVERYONE uses it.

>My cousin had a boat in Pittsburgh.

If you can afford a boat, you can afford to not live in Pittsburgh

They can get a job.

>Anyone who gets 10 million dollars and thinks "hmm, that isn't enough, I need more" is the reason society is such a crapheap
Why?
>You could live a pretty amazing life on that
If you live in the western world and you're not homeless you live a more privileged life than the majority of people in the world, so why aim higher than living in a tiny apartment for minimum wage? You have enough.

>I don't expect anyone from the muh tendies generation to agree,
That is precisely what you are though, you are a petulant whining child demanding free shit and insisting that all the tall poppies be cut down because you feel inadequate by comparison.
grow the fuck up.

The reason the world is such a craphead is because of people like you, who would rather be satisfied in mediocrity instead of trying to be something better.
People like you just live for today. Stagnant.

>why aim higher?
Because you want the life of others more fortunate than yourself.
If I see some fuck driving a BMW and porking his hot 20 year old wife while eating some lobster, I'd be pretty envious and wanna fuck his wife while he watches.
I'm pretty sure the people poorer than myself look at me and think the same thing. Why ever not aim for a better life for yourself?

Leafs have a very bizarre attitude were they will proudly proclaim how controlled their lives are and how little freedom they have while looking down their nose at anyone that has it better than them.
They remind me of house slaves looking down on "feral" freed men because they are so deep into stockholm syndrome that anyone that isn't smugly wearing a noose around their neck must be doing something wrong in their eyes because otherwise it would mean their lives aren't as great as they think.

Being better != Being richer.

>Reminder, Drew did this shit WITHOUT Chaz's permission.
IIRC Chaz gave him free reign to invest his money.
That was my point user.
Maybe you should add reading comprehension skills to the list of things others have that you want?

Youd be surprised how much better life gets when youd on't have to worry about the little things

Anyone that says money cant buy happiness has never had money

>You know what the worst money pit you can buy is? A goddamn boat. Don't ever buy a boat.

There's basically three massive money pits that people fall for EVERY. TIME. when they just "hit it big" without having actually earned it before quickly losing it:

-The buy a fucking boat.
-They try to own horses.
-They open a fucking restaurant.

He probably let Chaz fuck his wife or daughter

Things I would buy.
>Small cabin lake side in some nowhere area
>Furnish house with small home theater
>Outfit it with utilities like wifi, electricity, plumbing, and water to properly live in
>Buy and build dick with small hut to house a tin fishing boat w/motor
>Pinball machine
All I would ever need and to live out my life in peice.

Nigga

Foosball, Air Hockey

>Living in a city

How about no

Shit can I change my answer!?

Invest in a bidet.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAA

>It'll last you 5, maybe 10 years top and you are back to the shitter.

M8 I've been poor my whole life. I know how to live on a little. Given that and the area I live in I could live the rest of my life on 10 mill and still have money to leave to somebody.

>The reason the world is such a craphead is because of people like you, who would rather be satisfied in mediocrity instead of trying to be something better.

Yeah what the world really needs more of is greed that has no negative consequences

>I still don't get why most states force you to show your face if you win the lotto.

What? That's fucking retarded. You can remain anonymous in Britbongistan and anybody with sense would do so.

>steal money parents earned to help their children and dump it into government welfare handouts

Fuck you nigger, maybe your failure father should have stuck around.

careful on that edge

>striving to reach the mountaintop is greed
No one said shit about no negative consequences
Youre assuming that you fucking commie

>>striving to reach the mountaintop is greed

Yes it is. Having plenty and still wanting more is greed.

This. The same people lecturing about “you don’t deserve free stuff” are the same ones expecting free money earned before they were born.

>This is what commies actually believe

>nobody ever helped me, I earned all of this myself! I started with only the millions my daddy left me

Someones bitter about being poor

>I still don't get why most states force you to show your face if you win the lotto.
So they don't have to pay out the winnings. Most people won't risk putting their lives out there unless they win millions, so a lot of smaller amounts never get claimed due to this law.

It’s Sup Forums conservatism, user. They actually think all rich people are self made, while also complaining about how most of the country’s wealth remains concentrated in a couple of (((families))) even after several generations.

Why horses? Is their upkeep really that expensive?

>You need to be a commie to see the damage greed can do
>You need to be a commie to see the faults of capitalism

Communism doesn't work and I never implied that it did.

No, you implied that any ambition is tantamount to greed, which is wrong and further elaborated that you shouldn't wish to seek more wealth even after you are comfortable
That's retarded

Free capitalism works, the shit the government promotes is not free capitalism nor do I advocate it, you fuckin commie

Personally, I'd be fine with buying a condo or something instead of a house. I'm not good with yard work, home repairs, or anything like that.

Besides that, I don't really need much other than utilities, internet and WiFi. Maybe I'd also buy a couple arcade cabinets too. I've always wanted my own Pac-Man machine.

Yes.

>Don't ever buy a boat...you don't need one.
Hol up, what if the Flood's coming?

but theyre so pretty

then have fun dying of exposure

IT WASN"T STU!