How are they going to handle the Maximoffs now that the X-Men are going to the MCU?

How are they going to handle the Maximoffs now that the X-Men are going to the MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/movies/x-men/news/a845479/disney-confirms-marvel-incorporating-x-men-fantastic-four-deadpool-into-mcu/
youtube.com/watch?v=uIUbBR7b3A4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every single x-man will have been recast by infinity war part 2

Now when they have real x-men, Maximoffs are not that important.

They should get the good ones like Fassbender and Peters.

Who says they're introducing X-Men in the main MCU continuity?

Now the next time Magneto pulls such a shit as in Apokalypse again he is killed off for good.

Bob Iger

digitalspy.com/movies/x-men/news/a845479/disney-confirms-marvel-incorporating-x-men-fantastic-four-deadpool-into-mcu/

>"We have the opportunity to expand iconic franchises for new generations of fans just as we have done with Marvel and Star Wars... We're also looking forward to expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool," he told Disney investors and the financial media.
Uh..It's fucking nothing. Nowhere does that say it's in the same timeline or dimension. If it was, they'd have to reboot Deadpool, and I doubt they'd want to do that, given the success of the current iteration.

There is nothing in the Deadpool movie that prevents it from being in the MCU. No contradictions.

Only if the X-Mansion is already established. Otherwise the timeline doesn't work.

I want Peters to stay too. By far the best part of the new X-Men movies. Aaron Johnson sucked in the role.

Deadpool 2 may fail for all we know. It's still a 21st Fox production so no guarantees that Disney won't cancel it after that.

How? The Deadpool continuity is essentially a blank slate. Only thing known is that the X-Men exist and that could not be public knowledge.

They should use the reality gem to combine the universes, make Peters and Olsen Fassbender’s kids, and ditch the garbage accents that Olsen seems to be gradually dropping anyway.

There is no X-mansion. Only the door to it.
And the door could connect to parallel universe where mutants live.

Colossus and NTW didn't seem to be making any effort to keep a low profile in their scenes. The sense I got from the movie, the assumption the movie seemed to be operating on, was that the X-Men were a fixture of that universe, and a reasonably established one.

>Only the door to it.
We saw the kitchen though.

Deadpool connects with neither. Because it has both Mansion (not present in MCU) and the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier (not existing within Fox-men)

Yes, because that's how portals work.

That's because the whole movie was clear it didn't give a crap about continuity, to the point Deadpool even joked about which Professor X he was being taken to. If you try to actually splice it into the MCU so you can crossover, that starts to become more of a problem.

Well shit, I guess you're right.

The Scarlet Witch works better as an Avenger imo. Quicksilver works either way, but I kind of prefer him as an jerk with a heart of gold Avenger than as part of Magneto's Brotherhood or whatever.

Easiest way is to keep going the way they've already started; they're not mutants and they're not related to Magneto.

It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

Fox silver will play another character, maybe Iceman, just like Magneto, that need to be an older guy, Daniel Craig could work just fine

>and ditch the garbage accents that Olsen seems to be gradually dropping anyway.

You've gone too far, user.

Fassbender is too young for MCU Magneto.
The old cast from x2 could work, they are age appropriate and all around better actors.

x-men don't go unnoticed because they are stealthy but because Xavier mindrapes the general population into thinking they don't exist.

You also just need Deadpool to say it's just a continuity error because of the merger in it's own movie, done, no problemo.

Nah. Just say that part of his mutation is slowed aging. Make up some shit about magnetic fields preventing his cells from decaying as fast.

>You also just need Deadpool to say it's just a continuity error because of the merger in it's own movie, done, no problemo.
You know what? Sure.

They're going to throw out all FOX-Men continuity and actors, with the possible exception of ReynoldsPool. They're going to keep the Maximoffs as they have been in the MCU, since being Magneto's kids is neither the original nor current canon in the comics.

>The old cast from x2 could work
Ian McKellen is 78 yo, Magneto should be in his 50s, Eric Bana could work maybe ...

>Holocaust survivor
>50's

>Holocaust survivor
Sure, in the 60's could be, but not anymore, the actor should last at least 20 years and the WWII was 80 years ago, they could make him survivor of the Yugoslavia dictatorship of Tito, and he has to be father of Wanda, no the great grandfather .... Can't be a 90-100 years old guy

They should have change this part long time ago. It's generally a Marvel practice to make characters younger and shift their birthdays.
So instead of WW2 they'd better use a Chilean years of Pinochet, Vietnam war or something.
Vietnamese Magneto, saved by Wolverine and Cap from village would work perfectly in MCU.

>Vietnamese Magneto, saved by Wolverine and Cap from village would work perfectly in MCU.
Except Cap was thawed out much after Vietnam in MCU.

Then Peggy Carther and Wolverine. Whatever.

>Vietnamese Magneto
Father of Wanda and Pietro.... just pick some random East European dictator or make a new one from Sokovia Latveria or something like that, you can make him nazi too

Did they ever say why they had powers in MCU? It's been a hot minute for me

youtube.com/watch?v=uIUbBR7b3A4

Complete reboot at the end of Avengers 4 via infinity gauntlet.

Red Skull acted like High Evolutionary and enhanced their natural powers in lab. Their natural powers though were ...errr... of gypsy nature.

Nazi dictator within Warsaw Pact block.
Hmmmm.
That would do.

>within
No if you want to put nazis there, you can make them inside the comunist party, lost of Nazis went there at the end of the war, or you can put them as neutral country just like Spain and Portugal, ofc outside the URSS just like Spain or Portugal that had fascist dictators till late 70's

>within
No if you want to put nazis there, but you can also make nazis inside the comunist party, lost of them went there at the end of the war, or you can put them as neutral country, ofc outside the URSS just like Spain or Portugal that had fascist dictators till late 70's

This is a retarded debate without point because it makes no difference whatsoever, but the fucking door are part of a big ass fucking mansion gratuitously shown in wide shots in the damn movie, along with a fucking Blackbird flying out of it, not a fucking portal door to another dimension of your ready headcanon.

Nazies are not all that important.
The idea of Magneto is a guy who was mistreated by metahumans horribly as a child but not because he was a mutant but because metahumans can be insanely evil towards each other. This makes him not to hate but rather despise all the metahumans and care only about the future of mutants.

>Nazies are not all that important.
They'll put AIM and Hidra as the people that fucked Magneto when he was young, 100% chance, they can put them inside the Comunist Party in the URSS just like they put them inside Shield

Won't happen. That's the formula. Time to reboot.

This is dumbest shit I've read all day in this website.

This is like executive talk right here.

"See, that shit is not realistic enough, so we need to change one of the core elements of this character."

No one really fucking cares that the twins are related to Magneto. For a time, that was never the case. Doing it now in the MCU adds nothing

You want to make him in his 90s? Just make him a survivor of the ethnic cleansing in the Bosnian War, who was in Omarska camp. Same origin, but more original and allowing for a younger actor to be cast.

Nooo. My Magneeto man ain't no dirty slav. He's geerman arian booy with super powers.

Deadpool constantly breaks the fourth wall, they could easily slap him in the MCU and make a joke about it while they're at it

he's literally a gypsie

will there be gay iceman

More than likely they're going to end the Fox universe and recast everyone

Why the fuck wouldn't they

Just do they same thing they did with Spider-Man and just assume they're known low-key and introduce them already semi-established.

Charles has been using his ability to hide the mutants from the rest of the world, but didn't know about Eric's kids. Eric being Eric, he just took off on the kids because the mission called. As such, they slipped through, were found by Hydra, and exploited until the Avengers found them.

The people of the MCU are aware that metahuman shit is going on everywhere now
Just because they didn't explicitly talk about it, doesn't mean they're not aware of it.
After Infinity War and w.e. they have lined up, they have a perfect segay into "I think we ignored these mutants long enough and they're getting out of hand."

In dead pool, we really only know of Negasonic and Colossus(I think Wolverine might have been mentioned), we can assume/pretend that there aren't many mutants known from that point and that their numbers grow until we get to a AvX movie.

This is so obvious that anyone thinking otherwise is just delusional.

Magneto was a russian jew whose parents were sent to Gulag.

Only Fox crossover we'll see is probably Ryan as Deadpool

Reality warp

I don’t think so.

Wanda babies
Dead
Now instant two Even Peters

Foxsilver looks fucking awful. I don't get why people suck his cock.
It's not even like he is even a good actor.

fucking imbecile

He's not. His wife/mother of Wanda & Pietro Pre-Retcon was. Mags flactuated between Gyppo & Jew, settling on German Jew in the end. It's Doom who's 100% a Gyppo.

>Just do they same thing they did with Spider-Man and just assume they're known low-key and introduce them already semi-established.

Can't do that. Mutants are anything but Low key. They're too big to have never been mentioned in previous movies. The MCU has simply come too far for Mutants to fit in their universe. There's no room for them.

Mutants work infinitely better in their own universe. With X-men, there's always some apocalyptic future going to happen. By sharing the same universe as every other Marvel IP, the X-men drag them all down because it means that everything everyone else does will get fucked over thanks to mutant bullshit.

Let the mutants have their own universe, the MCU have theirs and Marvel TV/Neftlix theirs.

Hmm, Cassie would be about 9 right now.
But given the timeframe for Captain Marvel, Teddy would be double that at least.
How would they do this?

I mean, X-Men (2000) started out with people mostly not knowing about mutants despite there being plenty of adult mutants right? Would it be possible to do something similar? Or could there be something just now that causes the X-gene to become more prominent?

What are your thoughts on Magneto as muslim Bosniak victim of the concentration camps/ethnic cleansing/genocide in the early 90s?

Doom’s dad’s name was Werner von Doom. German.

I don't like Muslims, so... nah, I'll pass. Keep him as a Jewish German/Polish, and make up some bullshit about how his powers give him a healing factor that keeps him young.

Yeah, and despite being a gyppo he's white as snow. Doom's origin is full of contradictory bullshit that makes no sense. Take it up with Kirby and the flks at Marvel for not retconning it sooner.

>I mean, X-Men (2000) started out with people mostly not knowing about mutants despite there being plenty of adult mutants right?

No. One of the earliest scenes in the movie was Jean speaking to Congress about it. Mutants were known.

>Would it be possible to do something similar?
No.

>Or could there be something just now that causes the X-gene to become more prominent?

No. The entire thing behind Xavier and Magneto is that is that they've been gathering Mutants to their respective causes for decades. One of the defining traits about the two is that they've been around since WWII.

You can't have something that big and not have them come up on Shield and Hydra's radar and be something featured or prominently mentioned since as early as Phase 1.

They can get away with shit like Spider-man being a newbie to justify his never being mentioned before. Mutants are millions and their biggest names are world impacting assholes who are (like Captain America) specifically/characteristically tied to specific periods.

The MCU has simply filled in too much space for Mutants to fit into it.

You could simply make it so House of M already happened in continuity and the first X-Men movie is about them reclaiming their existence.
First X-Men movie from the Disney era should be Wolverine seeing an X and remembering everything. then he goes searching for everyone else to stop Wanda who doesn't even remember what she did.
We discover that the whole marvel Universe we have seen was just a world were Wanda had removed all of them and that means that we can add them all with 1 movie with no need for origins, you now have an entire new cast introduced with 1 movie and the ability to make so everything that doesn't add up was just something that happened in Wanda's fake world.

>You could simply make it so House of M already happened in continuity and the first X-Men movie is about them reclaiming their existence.
>First X-Men movie from the Disney era should be Wolverine seeing an X and remembering everything.

Stopped reading right there.

Can't be done. Something like that would require the old cast. Specifically Jackman, who is officially done playing Wolverine.

>One of the defining traits about the two is that they've been around since WWII.
>specifically/characteristically tied to specific periods.
So what do you suggest be done when they are inevitably rebooted in a couple of decades, perhaps even in the next century? Make all of them all literally hundreds of years old eventually? You can't keep them in the same time periods forever.

No, it wouldn't, I don't mean it like making everything in the old X-Men movies canon in the MCU, I mean that you can introduce a new cast and make them all fit as if they were always in the MCU and we just saw a fake version of the world.
You just need one shot in the middle of the movie where you take the new Wolverine and you photoshop him in the middle of the fight from Avengers 1.

It would obviously be better if you do get the old cast but it doesn't mean you can't establish a new one anyway.

You're working on the assumption that there are millions of them.
In Deadpool, we only confirm a handful of Mutants, so it can be treated that there are in fact not many mutants in existence(or at the very least not made public knowledge), and we can also treat Deadpool as a separate universe as the Fox X-Men films.
So it isn't a stretch to pretend that there aren't enough mutants to make a real story out of. Especially since we don't really have any notable incidents involving mutants outside of Deadpool, and also, it's not like people can look at Deadpool and be like "He's a mutant!"

It has been established in Civil War, that metahuman events are occurring at an exponential rate. Some of these incidents can involve mutants, it's just most people aren't aware of the X-Gene and think it's just more metahumans like the Avengers and shit.

The MCU probably won't go in depth with mutants until 2020 or later.
That's enough time to slowly introduce mutants into the MCU and build them up.

Basically we can pretend that there are mutants out there before 2016(when Deadpool came out). There's some, enough to maybe ping on the radar. But not enough to really make a big deal about.
Xavier finds most of these mutants and keep them at his school, while some go with Magneto.
Over the years they keep a low profile, learning and training until they figure they need to make themselves known. All the while more and more mutants start coming out the wood work.
Now it's ~year 2020 and that's when "mutants can't be ignored"

This is all on the play that the Deadpool movies and the Fox X-Men movies are separate universes, and that MCU X-Men will likely be recast and relored
The X-Men will likely be introduced as already have been assembled and trained for years before their official introduction into the MCU.

No Wanda... I am your father

>So what do you suggest be done when they are inevitably rebooted in a couple of decades, perhaps even in the next century?

I'd do ---->keep them in the same time periods forever.

First Class did it right by making it a period piece. That's what all X-men films should be at this point. At least with Captain America you have the excuse of his being frozen. But X-men films should never go beyond taking place past the 20th century. Unless you're doing Cable or some shit.

>You're working on the assumption that there are millions of them.
Well, yeah, because that's what mutants are.

>In Deadpool, we only confirm a handful of Mutants
Because actual mutant problem at large isn't an integral part of the flick's story. But even then, considering that there is an Xavier's school for gifted youngsters, and one guy refers to Francis and his crew as 'fucking mutants', I'd say the existence of mutants is big enough to be a thing to the general populace.

>It has been established in Civil War, that metahuman events are occurring at an exponential rate.

You realize they were referring to the people they fight, right? Stane, Vanko, Asgard shit, Bucky, Ultron, Maximoffs.

>The MCU probably won't go in depth with mutants until 2020 or later.
They shouldn't go in depth with them at all and should completely omit them.

>That's enough time to slowly introduce mutants into the MCU and build them up.
No, it isn't. They would've needed to be built up sooner to justify their being in the MCU.

>Basically we can pretend that there are mutants out there before 2016(when Deadpool came out). There's some, enough to maybe ping on the radar. But not enough to really make a big deal about.

Just one is enough to ping on the Radar and make a big deal about.

>Over the years they keep a low profile
>Mutants
>Low profile
Pick one. You can't have both.

I don't think Deadpool will care much about continuity to be honest. He'll probably just point out how weird the change from FOX-Men to MCU is or whatever.

anyway
>"We're also looking forward to expanding the Marvel cinematic universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool"
-Iger

Deadpool isn't even apart of the X-men film continuity anyway, so there's really no point into mentioning him.

>"We're also looking forward to expanding the Marvel cinematic universe to include X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool"
>-Iger

I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Like how Pascal said that Venom was going to be part of the MCU, or that ALL of Spidey's movies from now on will be while he's in Highschool.

They say this shit to generate hype for normies, but I don't truly think they mean it.

Depending on how well Deadpool 2 performs, it's the only real possibility.

If the MCU does introduce the X-Men, how about it does so in a way that doesn't throw Wanda under the bus the way the comics did?

>>You're working on the assumption that there are millions of them.
>Well, yeah, because that's what mutants are.

There were only ever "millions" of mutants for a brief period in the comics, from Morrison's run until House of M. Before that, it had been thousands. Afterwards, it's hundreds.

>Well, yeah, because that's what mutants are.

Except we don't know that. You assume that because you read the comics. But this is the MCU, not the comics.
There was a time where there were no mutants. We can adjust the lore so that now is the time that they are coming to existence.

>Because actual mutant problem at large isn't an integral part of the flick's story.
Just like the MCU movies right?

>one guy refers to Francis and his crew as 'fucking mutants', I'd say the existence of mutants is big enough to be a thing to the general populace.
Yeah, we can assume people know about mutants. That doesn't in any indicate how many there are.

>You realize they were referring to the people they fight, right?
They use their own examples yes, because their examples are clearly the biggest ones. There would still be many smaller incidents that they won't have the time to go over.

>They shouldn't go in depth with them at all and should completely omit them.
Not an argument

>No, it isn't. They would've needed to be built up sooner to justify their being in the MCU.
All they need is one X-Men movie.

>Just one is enough to ping on the Radar and make a big deal about.
If they haven't committed genocide, they probably aren't a big deal compared to the other shit that has been going on.

>Pick one. You can't have both.
Xavier finds first mutants.
Keeps them holed on in his school
Doesn't let them use their powers in public
They just keep a low profile

Oh my god, Marvel is about to reretcon the original retcon that Magneto is Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's father.

The Gifted could go, New Mutants if they don't touch the XMen too and Legion if they don't hire Stewart

Xavier's schools exists, the X-men as a team do not, at least not yet

It's hard to say what they should do in the comics. Not being Magneto's son really hurts Quicksilver as a character, but Wanda not being a mutant and being kept away from the X-books is good for her.

They'll probably play it out that the X-Men have been training the entire time and not making themselves public until they feel they have to.
In the mean time. Xavier is probably snatching up emerging mutants and mindwiping everyone in the vicinity

They already did. They turned out to not be Mags' kids, but the children of their "original" parents Django and Marya Maximoff, experimented on by the High Evolutionary. But then those turned out to actually be their aunt and uncle, and their real mother Natalya Maximoff was also Scarlet Witch as it is a family title passed down.

In Deadpool? Colossus ask him to join the X-Men a couple of times, and also he said "Studio couldn't afford another X-Men" but you can see that as 4th wall jokes, If Deadpool join the MCU, at least all the mutants that are in his movies are canon and Colossus and NTW are X-Men

>No, it isn't. They would've needed to be built up sooner to justify their being in the MCU.
Captain America and Namor had been around for decades when it was revealed that mutants were a thing, even if after that characters like Apocalypse turned out to have existed long before. I think they'll be fine.

Django and Marya Maximoff were never their "original" parents, they were always adoptive parents.

Originally they were just thought to be orphans and no detail on their parents was given. Within less than 10 years, Marvel revealed The Whizzer and Miss America as their original parents, then the Maximoffs were added as the couple that adopted them, then Magneto and Magda were revealed as the real parents, and that lasted until 2014.