South park is such an intellectually dishonest show that preaches not caring and not taking a stance as being the best...

>South park is such an intellectually dishonest show that preaches not caring and not taking a stance as being the best option.
>Not just the best option, but also the only “cool” option. They’ve convinced a whole group of society that sincerely caring about anything makes you ridiculous, pretentious, and/or preachy.
From leddit. Why do critics think it's south park's job to be politically influential?

Fuck off

why?

Of course it's from some fucking reddit contrarian.
The whole joke about South Park is that everybody makes a big deal out of meaningless bullshit while ignoring the actual problems.
But naturally some underage faggot who wants to look smart is going to try and tear it down without possessing even the smallest bit of understanding of the show. It's like Bizzaro Wisecrack with twice the autism.

Does anyone other than 16 year olds take South Park seriously at all? It's a comedy show that shits on everyone.

Did this come from Negareddit? This seems like something those cumrags would say

Who gives a shit.
Enjoy the show if you enjoy the show.

Except Obama of course.

Obama helped kill the mighty alien space wizard to end the curse of sex addiction

I feel like people like this also miss that South Park DOES take a stand sometimes, but it still likes to shit on both sides of the argument.

They never shit on him though.

Trey and Matt are Obama supporters, the show reflect their political views not a neutral analisys of politcs

The show will never contradict the beliefs, if you don't like it then go watch another show.

It's the best option because a lot of people don't understand shit in politics, like myself. It would be much better if these people would try to stay away from taking up radical ideologies and stances. But what we have in reality is the exact opposite of that: people being fanatical, biased and having no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Reading, let alone taking part in, political "discussion" anywhere on the internet is fucking torture once you try turning your brain on and questioning the sources to the each site's claims (i.e. absolute biased bullshit). Ignorant people SHOULD stay away from radical ideologies because they don't have the knowledge to fully understand how the system functions and simply adjust their understainding or it to what suits their personal interest best. Fuck people who think you should have some sort of stance even if you're a complete moron.

>make Obama interchangeable with a duck that shits out of his mouth
>joke that he only won the presidency to steal jewels
>make him clap alongside everyone else when Caitlyn Jenner ran over people
>all the boys are bored as shit when watching him debate with Clinton
>not shitting on him

South Park does take sides on things, but the fact that it doesn’t plant its flag permanently on either the left or the right apparently means it’s either lying or contradicting itself.

>random jokes that are not based on Obama real life person or politics at all
They don't shit on Obama.

And by that logic, they've never shit on Trump, since they've only referred to the real-life person by name in a season 5 episode, and any digs on him are actually on Mr. Garrison.

>From leddit.
Go back there, subhuman.

South Park cares more about having characters do something hilarious than making sure they inspire actual good morals.

It's almost like civics education has been swept away by a teaching profession dominated by a single section of the political spectrum, creating generations of ignoramuses liable to radicalization or paralytic apathy and indecision.

The made an entire song about his tweets, they made a joke about sending immigrants back, they made a joke about the wall, they made a joke about the faces that trump makes etc

They shit on Trump

No, not really. Those were all about Garrison, and they never mention Trump by name within the show. Any similarities to Trump are entirely coincidental. Also, any articles and commentaries are "Death of the Author".

>Why do critics think it's south park's job to be politically influential?
Because they are by preaching indifference and regularly basing their episode's plot on the current hot topic.

It's not the show's job to be politically influential. Of course it isn't. But there's a difference between not caring about politics and telling other people "you're gay if you DO care".

What the fuck does intellectually dishonest even mean and how would it ever apply to South fucking Park?

Am i the only one who thinks Trump Garrison is badass?

>you're gay if you DO care
At this point, aren't they right? The majority of people who talk about politics these days are so up their own ass and insufferable, and the occasional person who has something important to say about politics is drowned out by a thousand retards. It's not preaching indifference if you're telling a retard they're being retarded.

I don't understand why this generation wants media and video gaming to be a surrogate parent and teacher. It's like watching the second coming of soccer mom mentality.

I suppose that you're concending defeat

Sounds like you are.

>They’ve convinced a whole group of society that sincerely caring about anything makes you ridiculous, pretentious, and/or preachy.

Don't they only do that to people who try to push shit on people who don't care?

Mr. Garrison being the president with or without Trump could have easily worked, it just ends up working better with Trump.

Because for them, it was.

Have you considered that Obama is simply less inherently mockable than the last two republican presidents?

Well you got nothing to counter my argument that south park already made jokes about a dozen of things about trump from policies to things like facial expressions while they never made any joke about anything Obama ever did at at all

So you're pretending that putting his character in random situations jokes that are not creiticism about Obama irl at all is a satire against him while saying that president Garrison is not supposed to be a parody of Trump personality and real life decisions at all.

You're not being honest here.

*putting obama character in random situations is criticism about Obama irl

ok, this is categorically untrue. i just watched the movie, where they have the gang get political to try to stop an immoral war.

the whole premise was for standing up against holier than thou zealots who want to destroy freedom of speech because it offends them.

Not him, but what is there to mock about Obama? He seemed kind of boring and regular of a dude.

They mocked the "change" campaign he had but idk

que all the counter points where they do indeed shit on him.

stop baiting. this is why no one should take you seriously when you say things like

>waaaaaaah, the mainstream media is out to get meeeeeee! everyone is against meeeeeee!

goalposts, moved.

HIs decisions caused more damage to middle east than Iraq war, his intervention on Libia turned the place into Somalia 2.0, he put the troops out of iraq way too soon and Iraq army was terribly bad trained.

Also his positions on gun control are extremely anti libertarian.

Nice strawman, however my point still stands, try to refute them.

I'm liberal btw

saying he's there to steal jewels is a clear call on him being disingenuous about the whole "hope and change" thing, which it turned out he was.

replacing him with a duck with shit coming out of his mouth implies he's talking shit, which he was.

i'm sorry you're too fucking stupid to pick up the "subtle" nuance to matt and trey's opinion of obama

Nope nice try. Trying to push random quests as shitting on him is the real moving of goalposts

South Park is literally a zombie show who even cares lmao.

we did, and you just said "nuh uhh, those times don't count"

fucking little bitch-face faggot.

see

Trying to steal jewels was a joke about taking politicians seriously, that they are not what they look, so put alll politicians of the elction at the time in the joke.

The duck was a random joke about politics, point where he was talking shit at the time.

I'm sorry that you're too sensitive to deal with people refuting your comments and disagreeing with you.

But thats not funny

I already refuted this notion that putting obama on random scenes is shitting on him. Stay mad.

The show & Reddit sucks and are inconsequentcial. Don't worry about it.

>either/or fallacy

>a pompous all-style-no-substance blowhard is hard to mock

The better question is, why does anyone think anything outside literal propaganda has to be politically influential?

>They’ve convinced a whole group of society that sincerely caring about anything makes you ridiculous, pretentious, and/or preachy.
This isn't really South Park's doing though, is it? If anything, it's a symptom of this generation's addiction to (post-)irony, not a cause.
When you're poorer than your parents, can't find a place to live in independence, have an utterly surreal political culture, why should anyone apologise for being a little detached? Acknowledging the hopelessness of current events? South Park, I'd say, is a realisation of this.

Holy shit fag you or someone else does this constantly every other thread. Who gives a fuck.

Disagree with his politics all you like, Obama has charisma and charm, much like Reagan did. I don't like what Reagan did while in office but if he had been giving a speech in my town while in office, I probably would've been happy at the chance to see it because he was a great orator. So is Obama. Obama comes across as more composed and he is eloquent so even if you disagree with what he's doing, it really is not as easy to mock him compared to 4-tongues all tripping over each other GW and living shitsack Trump.

How old are you? I don't think you realize how long South Park has been around and how much influence South Park had.

Simpsons is often credited with revamping the sitcom genre that started the ball rolling in this apathetic, ironic culture, but South Park grabbed it and just started running for the hills.

Yeah this is exactly the attitude South Park promotes, and it's not helpful, it's a lazy, easy answer that rots our culture.

If you are literally too stupid to understand what is going on around you, yeah, this is true. But if you were that stupid, you wouldn't be capable of writing this comment.

You have a choice to be educated about politics. Not making that choice is cowardly more than anything else. Have the fucking balls to own up to your opinion.

Is literally a 2016 meme, mostly from reddit.

So South Park only grabs at low-hanging fruit?