Val-yor technically did absolutely nothing wrong and the teen titans had no valid reason to hate him

Val-yor technically did absolutely nothing wrong and the teen titans had no valid reason to hate him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfAYGHirbVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muh racism
though it's more like species-ism

>treating their friend like shit for being different
>not a valid reason to hate someone
ITT: OP shows why they'd be a terrible friend.

Seriously, fuck you. And why are you trying to make this crappy episode into the meme of the week?

Val-yor is the hero we need against the space bug menace. Kill 'em all, Val!

People can hate anyone for any reason user...

Kill the Troqs

holocaustroq never happened but it will

>treating their friend like shit
He didn't do that. He was just rude

The word "troq" means "nothing" as in "you are of no value whatsoever". That's a bit more than rude, dumbass. Of course the other Titans got rustled, asshole here just asserted that their dear friend and comrade is less than trash.

Any real friend would naturally tell the Silver Shitter to go fuck himself. Wouldn't you?

I thought that was the moral? That bigots aren't always two dimensional villains, that they can even be noble, but that still doesn't justify it? They didn't attack him or anything (he was fighting on their side and willing to sacrifice his life to save them), they just told him to leave after the job was done because they thought he was a douche.

The moral of this episode is utterly fucked.
>racism is bad
>let's go murder the shit out of these robots we know nothing about because the racist guy told us they're evil!

Also the "half robot" thing. OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! HOW CLEVER! Fuck this episode with a rusty pitchfork.

>racist but still a hero
>doesn't see the error of his ways

It's a shame he didn't meet with Blackfire for a justified hatefuck but that's my headcanon.

Pretty sure Blackfire would just shove several large objects into his rectum.

>justified hatefuck
What?

He was redpilled on the Tamarjudeans

Would be fun to see an episode of blackfire and him forced to work together.

FUCKING TROQFAGS! GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD!

user, I agree with you, but for what it’s worth this episode did ONE thing really well that no tumblrtard or SJW ever did, with the line, “No Robin, the mission is more important than my feelings.”

I challenge any modern-day hugbox of a cartoon to broach that idea, when you have things like Steven Universe shoehorning in the idea that everything will work out if you just FEEL hard enough.

And, sadly, the idea that a genocidal dick is justified in wiping out a race of slightly bigger genocidal dicks but should then fuck off for being terrible is a little too real of a metaphor—not really for individuals so much as for entire nations at war or involved in coups.

Sup Forums

>“No Robin, the mission is more important than my feelings.”
u wot m8, cartoons do that ALL THE TIME

Got any examples? I like those kinds of moments in character development, would like to see more.

His attitude is a liability in any serious scenario. If it's not about his feelings then maybe he should shelve them when he works with other people. Simple.

...Starfire was the one who said the line, and who had enough moral fiber to see the mission through even though she was the one being racism’ed at.

This thread is filled with Troq lovers.

Teen Titans is a very Troq-centric show made by Troqs for Troqs.

>I am trying to pay you compliment.
>Then why does it still sound like an insult.

Kek

He was still kinda racist near the end. Val Yor should have just said he was sorry sincerely instead of saying your "one of the good ones" and other pol shit. That is the real reason why the Titans still hated him at the end. If he showed any real change I am sure they would have been OK with him but still chose to be racist.

is this guy from the comics i dont really read teen titans i only now the show not the shit show teen titans go

>We're getting more episodes

No, he don't exist in the comics, however his design is based on captain atom.

user is still right. If he teamed up with them on a regular basis, his effect on Starfire would eventually deteriorate her effectiveness as one of its powerhouse members. Did people forget her powers are fueled by her emotions?

This, it's fine to hate niggers, but if I show up to help your ass with Tyrone in tow you better not be cracking jokes about fried chicken to his face.

we kinda are, all the fucking time

>I don't care for troqs, but they're nowhere near as bad as filthy kikes and niggers
Whoa! I never saw Raimi's name in the credits before! What other episodes did he write?

explain the meme user, I'm out of the loop

>not knowing the time-honored tradition of raimiposting
Basically, there's a line in the first Spiderman movie that's mildly "homophobic" that's blown out of proportion for lolz.

Sure, one just aired today
youtube.com/watch?v=mfAYGHirbVw

You can't expect someone to suddenly believe in something.

It's also unreasonable to expect one example to be enough to change the facts he knows to be true about troqs.

>Also the "half robot" thing. OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! HOW CLEVER!
this always seemed like a banal thing to complain about

>robots
>murder

Can you "murder" a microwave?

I swear to god when i first say the episode i did not see a single thing wrong with that. Like, I did not even consider for a second he would have said black,c ause the whole half robot thing was not only more obvious (to me atr least) but they'ed set up in previous episodes that cyborg's had some issues with his whole being half machine thing, like the park and the guy who wanted to make him fully machine. and the whole maximum chip.

laughing troqs

Which line?

Another theory I've heard that I like is that Cyborg deliberately does not bring up racism because Starfire simply wouldn't understand it, because her idea of prejudice is based on an interspecies model and not within the same species. Him being part robot (nonhuman) is a lot easier to comprehend as a basis for prejudice than his skin being a different color.

Speak of which, what manner of genetic diversity do tameraneans have? Surely they come in different shades of orange. Or are the artists so lazy, they couldn't be arsed to adjust the shaders? As if I don't know the answer already.

But is he right about Tamaraneans?

Blackfire appears to be the only Tamaranean without red hair and green eyes, but isn't that how it is in the comics too? (Frankly, this is a problem common across all sci-fi media where entire planets get to be represented by one single identical race apiece.)

Blackfire a redhead in the comics, actually. No idea why she's a brunette in the cartoon.

But yeah, writers and artists get really lazy with alien species. Bad enough they're almost always humans with weird skin colors, but they're also the exact same shade of that color. Even Mass Effect has differently shaded asari. Fuckin Mass Effect. No excuse.

She has black hair in the comics as well. Isn't it a genetic defect?

I went and looked it up and you're correct, she's definitely a redhead at least pre-New 52 (albeit a very dark one). I'd also had a false memory that being born a brunette disqualified her from the throne that should have been hers as the firstborn.
Instead,
>On the day she was born, the Citadel Empire attacked and destroyed the western Tamaranean city of Kysarr and killed three thousand citizens in her name. Though she was in no way at fault for what had happened, Komand'r was, for all time, inextricably linked with that terrible day.
>To make matters worse, Komand'r was crippled by a childhood illness that left her unable to naturally fly faster than light as most Tamaraneans.
>Because of Komand'r's naturally grim disposition, a stark contrast to the royal family's generally contented outlook, the subjects of Tamaran hated her.
>As a result, though first in the line of succession, she was denied her birthright to be the next Crown Princess of Tamaran to maintain the respect and prestige of the royal family.
Comic book Tamaraneans are a bunch of dicks, wow.

No, she has very dark red hair.

>treating someone like shit for factors completely out of their control
Yeah, it's totally just tameraneans that do that. Seriously though, comic books are full of this shit. Humans, Atlaneans(both kinds), Inhumans, mutants, Kryptonians, Daxamites, one or two Amazons, Coluans sometimes... Everybody in comics is prejudiced as fuck because CONFLICT.

I acknowledge, I'm just saying this is some next-level asshattery.
>City attacked in her name as a baby
>Despised for it
>Also physical cripple
>Become embittered
>Everybody else naturally not bitter
>Despised even more
>Royal birthright taken away to save face
No wonder she went rogue. Blackfire has suddenly become one of DC's most sympathetic villains for me.