Why don't he just arrest the Joker?

Why don't he just arrest the Joker?

Better question is why doesn't Batman rape the Joker?

Green Lanterns only arrest interplanetary criminals.

joker is part of batman's rogue gallery.

what? you wanted logic? this is a comic book.

except all the criminals they fight for the justice league

They don't arrest them.

Why hasn't Batman had Joker thrown into the Phantom Zone, or given him to the GLC to be imprisoned on some remote planet rather than within the revolving doors of Arkham?

That stupid replacement idea sort of explains it
>IF I KILL HIM OR TAKE HIM OUT PERMANENTLY GOTHAM WILL SHIT OUT SOMEONE WORSE THAN HIM

That always seemed so fucking dumb to me, it's like, okay, maybe someone worse will come along, but then guess what? He can stop the guy and his super friends can throw him into a super jail and be done with it

Green Lanterns have no authority on worlds that don't grant them legal authority, basically. They're space cops, but that doesn't mean a world has to recognise their authority. Many do, but many more don't.

"Space cop" is really kind of a misnomer, they're a bit more like Texas rangers or something from the wild west. Roaming lawmen, but if the local sheriffs or whatever don't cooperate, there isn't much they can do.

>Why don't he just arrest the Joker?

Batman would be salty Hal arrested his husbando and probably would break into the sciencells to get him out.

Why doesn't the Green Lantern of Earth-32 rape Sinestro the Joker?

Okay, arrests the joker. And hands him to the proper authorities. And since the joker hasn't done crimes above planet level, the proper authorities are the gcpd. Who put him on trial and find, that by law, he gets sent in arkham. Happy?

>Why hasn't Batman had Joker thrown into the Phantom Zone,

It's like you haven't seen Lego Batman

Wasn't there a plot where they just put all the villains on a rocket and sent them to another planet? Am I just severely misrembering Planet Hulk?

Yes it happened, but Sup Forums doesnt real comics.
This is a bait thread for casuals, you are thinking of salvation run.

Yeah but it sucked.

Yes, but for some reason, after they returned using some Boom Tubes, the Government never tried it again even though it would have worked if they'd put some more effort into it.

That's almost a fourth wall breaking level of self-awareness. It's probably true that if a storyline got rid of the Joker, they'd just write someone worse the replace him. The line of logic wouldn't really hold much water in our reality, but in his reality which exists via a writer's ideas, it is completely valid.

I don't get why these governments don't just bring back the death penalty. Get a trustable, competent hero like Hawkman or Ares to do it. Super-strong and can handle himself if shit goes sideways, no moral aversion to killing, only legal ones. Or create a hero to do it. I'm not suggesting we let Eddie Brock loose on the streets or anything.

Literally nobody stands to gain by having Victor Zsasz or Madam Masque or whoever around. You don't have any kind of bullshit where Batman has to kill someone because he's just sending them off the jail like he always does. You can't even argue that these guys will just come back like they always do because it's harder for them to come back to life than break out of jail.

He saw how many guards die when he escapes from akrham and does not want that to happen to the green lantern prison guards.

It's been the same ever since the first appearance of the Joker.
He was killed at the end of the story and someone said, "Are you crazy? Throwing away such a great villain!" So they redid the final panels and he lived.

Serious question, since I haven't read Batman in years. Hasn't Batman been replaced by other costumed vigilantes at various times? Some of them without his morals and a take-no-prisoners mindset. Why hasn't one of THEM killed the Joker (and the Scarecrow and the rest of the gang)? Is there some sound reason (other than editorial fiat) that doesn't happen?

Then again do many guards really die during his escapes?

I'm a filthy casual, but I always assumed the Joker doesn't actually have a super extensive track record of incarceration and escape in each individual incarnation. It just seems that way because he's constantly being rebooted,updated, reimagined, etc. I mean, escaping is one of his gimmicks but I can't imagine a given version of the character has done it like 20 times from the same facility in the same timeline.

I think you are right.
They can also keep the numbers down by making some large scale breakouts.

because Batman is gay

It's comics. Villains don't try the same plot twice, neither do heroes. Also, they probably couldn't round them all up again.

They're typically not as good as Bruce and the rogues are able to best them easily or escape.

>It's probably true that if a storyline got rid of the Joker, they'd just write someone worse the replace him
Please, that'd take too much imagination. They'd just bring the Joker back or reveal that only a clone died.

Why doesn't the Flash just stop any and all crime from ever happening?

because hes an earthling and tossing him off-planet would be inhumane.

I think that was a non-canon miniseries.

It happened and it sucked.
Though some aspects like rouge interactions were cool. But then Lex and Joker had to ruin everything.

Joker does not commit crimes outside of the authority of the Earth

It's like asking why the FBI doesn't arrest Putin

People try to kill the Joker all the fucking time. Asking why no one has succeeded is like asking why Batman always escapes death traps at the last second.

What I do wonder is why as far as I know there's never been a big, highly publicized story where the Joker is killed off for a while. Like every other superhero has this happen to them, yet Joker hasn't despite being the only villain who is actually more popular than any superhero except Superman and Batman himself.

Even in Last Laugh where the entire conceit is that the Joker is dying, he STILL doesn't fucking die. Imagine all the headlines of DC KILLS OFF THE JOKER. They could even have him executed so people would finally shut the fuck up about Batman killing the Joker, and when he inevitably comes back a few years later people might finally get it through their skulls why killing the Joker wouldn't solve anything.