Tell me more about these comics, Sup Forums

They terrible books. Me hate Bizarro.

>dull comics
>unfunny comics
>idiot comics
How is this bizzaro?

In hopes of being the true opposite of Earth, Bizarro-Earth has truthful advertising.

Me hate Bizarro Morrison. Him books to normal. Not like Bizarro Johns.

Interesting to see the diversity in US comics before shit got clamped down and it all became cape.

I hear Mort Weisinger is real popular on Bizarro Earth.

I know, right? "Earth Idiot comics" was great

>Earth Idiot komiks
>Not glorious Unsuper-Mann saga
Am happy and glad about your great opinion.

>he ironically hates Earth Idiot komiks less than Unfunny Komiks
patrician detected. have a long life.

Both of you have a great taste.
Personally I hate Bad Animated Kartoons. They make Bizzarro look bad.

aside from the price thing, I don't see what's so silly about using coal as a currency. If the Bizarros all agree it has worth (even if that worth is in its 'worthlessness') then it functions perfectly well as a currency.

That's not Bizarro World at all, that's a fair depiction of the underground comic market in the late 60s/early 70s. Just look at the titles, it's a dead giveaway.

How do we know WE"RE not the Bizarro Universe?

We are

We don't, but I would gamble were in the dark multiverse instead

> TFW in Bizzaro world Marvel comics is in an Eathern Golden age and the DCEU is filled with 90% critic rating movies.

So Bizzaro just went into the future

this image always manages to piss me off

>Cyclops, whos on a team with jean grey, storm and rouge
>the human torch, whos on a team with susan storm
>captain america, whos on a team with scarlett with and black widow

>mom complaining about the wage gap
>at an ERA rally
>studying home economics
Subtle indeed.

It's clearly set in the early 60's, dude

Early on, Jean was the only female on the X-Men and she was a pathetic excuse for a character, embodiment of the term "team girl"
And also the only girl on the Avengers for a long time was Wasp who was also not exactly a great character
Scarlet Witch and Widow were both villains

When your full gamut of female heroes is Invisible Girl, the Wasp, and fucking Marvel Girl, that's not exactly a great roster

Very early Marvel WAS very lite on good female characters, something that Marvel actively tried to address when girls and women wrote in complaining. It wasn't until the 70's that things turned around

Look, we all know feminists like to complain about non-issues, but if you're really going to try and pretend that there weren't problems for women in terms of both career opportunities and representation in the fucking 60's, you either have no historical perspective at all or are letting your dislike of modern feminists color your opinion

>not exactly a great character
why? If it's the 60's then she's a great characters.

She's not bad but literally got her powers/status by being the boyfriend of another hero

I think the girl in the comic should have been focusing on Sue and Jan and propping them up as boundary breakers instead of just saying "boohoo girls can't be heroes", but at the same time none of them had their own books or anything and you couldn't buy merch of them

Janet's "character" was either "TEEHEE, clothes! Looking good!" or "TEEHEE, men! Looking good!"

>Early on, Jean was the only female on the X-Men and she was a pathetic excuse for a character, embodiment of the term "team girl"

Jean pretty much kicks all the boys asses in the first couple issues

That just means Bobbie's a fucking casual, she doesn't even know about Harvey Comics Black Cat, Fantomah, etc when it comics to fiction and the likes of Miss America, Golden Age Black Widow, Dorma, Golden Girl, the Blonde Phantom, Sun Girl and others in her "real" life, and that's just talking about people from the 40's who would still be culturally relevant by the time Bobbie's a kid. And that's STILL forgetting the absolute wealth of fictional characters in various roles outside of superheroics, like the fictionalized comics about Patsy Walker which were just starting up during Bobbie's childhood, the incredible number of lifestyle and adventure and mystery and horror comics and pulp magazines out at that time, and the fact that DC's comics are fictional comics in Marvel's universe and they have an absolute SHITLOAD of good Golden Age female characters to pull from, especially when you add in Quality and Fawcett.

Seriously.
Bobbie's just a retard blaming other people's tastes and societal norms for her ignorance.

I can cut her a break for not knowing about those characters when she was in fucking grade school

But it would definitely have been a far better story direction if she got older and discovered all these great Golden Age characters, particularly Miss America. Then again, it would have been a far better story direction to not use Mockingbird of all fucking characters to explore this theme

It's okay for Bobbie to be ignorant of all the other heroes in the world around her so long as it's part of the narrative. Characters can be flawed, Bobbie can absolutely be ignorant or self-centered and think those other women don't exist and/or matter.

The problem is it reads like the writer just forgot about them, undermining the point.

I want there to be DC and Marvel characters who grew up reading about obscure heroes from the other company. Flash Thompson loved reading Johnny Quick and Monica Rambeau grew up on hand-me-down Star Spangled and likes Gimmick Girl.

Back when Marvel was realistic. If you don't like it, then make women better in real life.

>Bobbie's a fucking casual
Writer Chelsea Cain's a fucking casual

FTFY

i love (hate) bizarro.

Bizarro World keeps sounding better than our world all the time.