Reminder that Rebecca is still the queen of modern western animation

Reminder that Rebecca is still the queen of modern western animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKGdqmevC5M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E
youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sad

I hate this show, I hate Rebecca Sugar, I hate the nigger girl singing, I hate their entire staff plus the guy who cleans the toilet at their office, modern western animation was a mistake and I cannot wait for WW3 to destroy this entire planet

too bad!

And let me guess, you can't wait for the next episode?

AT is a better show on the same channel, that will have a longstanding legacy.
SU will be forgotten by 2027

you elected the right person to make it happen, Sup Forumsbro

You know what, humor me here Sup Forums. Forget the shitposting for a moment and let me ask a 100% serious no-bait question.

What is Steven Universe about? What's its claim to fame beyond its plot?

You can love or hate the show as the best/worst thing ever, and by all means tell me why, but I'll at least ask you objectively tell me what its deal is in general.

is she even an animator?

Fuck it, I'm going back to anime

Why must you indulge in hatred? Surly this isn't what you want, is it? You don't WANT to hate do you? When not caring about a show wouldn't apathy be a reasonable reaction? Shouldn't you just disregard anything SU related, due to your disinterest which would prevent you from finding even the sightless motivation to engage in discussion about it? Because wishing for their downfall can't be what's best, right? Sucrose's creation is inoffensive enough that such malice can't truly be justified.

Sad!

It deals with lections in the ethics of social interaction within the social unit and within a romantic relationship.
But you need a pretty high IQ for a third-grader to understand simple metaphor like in SU.

This is disgusting.

its the best dragonball z fanfiction ever

I like her old shorts

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E

If she gets a budget and actually serves as a leader to a team and not just a teammate I bet she could make something phenomenal but she seems like too much of a pussy to put her foot down for her artistic vision.

Wow, no, her problem is not that she has too much editing, it's that she has a lack of editing.

Having an "artistic vision" is good for the fuel in the tank, but it is not what should be behind the wheel, making decisions. You need to be absolutely ruthless at that stage.

Everything that drags SU down is indulgence. It's a clear lack of editing and vision. She doesn't need more power, she needs less of it.

You can see the same thing happening with George Lucas and M Night. Once they reach a level of success, they stop having their work edited like it should be, and they end up rotting their own work.

>You need to be absolutely ruthless at that stage.
way to miss my point of "putting her foot down"

it's not that she needs more power she needs to wield it properly as a director

It flips the traditional parent/child/sibling family and friendship roles in society.

The deadbeat dad of Greg is one of the most reliable people there, and is only a deadbeat because a chilled out attitude was probably the best way of coping with shit in his life,and raising his son.
The 'more mature' mentor figure of Garnet is deconstructed as perhaps having the least conservative, or old fashioned roles in the group. Hell, the components of Garnet aren't chilled out, they're revolutionary in their attitudes in the context of the show still and extremely passionate for better or worse; however, this doesn't stop them fitting into the groove of their relationship, or basically having their equivalent of 'doing everything together, holding hands'.
Pearl is the dependable de facto mother figure, someone who is meant to work together with the father figure most easily. However, there's a lot of unspoken initial animosity between her and Greg initially, which is only alleviated by Steven. While this is usually cause by a percieved betrayal in real life, the real reason this animosity exists is the fact that in general, they're both standup people; their jealous or petty qualities mainly stem from their shared love of Steven and Rose, something that should be positive.
Amethyst is the elder sibling, and straight off the bat, she doesn't fit expectations. True, she entertains steven the best, and encourages him when he's having fun. More often than not though, Steven has to reassure Amethyst, or help Amethyst with being okay with her lack of context of HW, or falling short of expectations people have set for you.
Finally, we have Rose. She's the ever present subject, except she's never present. A martyr to a cause that puts steven in danger, yet someone who gave everything up for him; her paradoxical nature resembles that of many parents as they transition from child to adult.

I could do more, but character limit. Get the gist?

The main issue with her is that she’s way too permissive with her co workers. Allowing them to clusterfuck something she already got planned.

I feel like this show would be more appealing to me if it was just about lapis.

Ya. That's exactly what I was trying to say but I dunno if I said it clearly. She lets her coworkers get away with too much. Tbqh, if she's happy with her product, whatever. But I imagine people have done things she doesn't like but she's too much of a pussy to do anything to correct their mistakes.

Well she don't have any competence so you can call her the queen but that's not much a merit.

The image or the video?

>What is Steven Universe about?
It used to be a show about family and adventures with much comedy and lore. Now it's about faggotery and that makes it unbearable as the time passes because no one except gay people cares about gay matters.

>What's its claim to fame beyond its plot?

It used to be very funny and it used to be very deep when it came to feelings. Now they vomit throught their eyes in every episode after a short moment of cheap drama.

Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw

>I'm_not_sure_what_I_expected.jpg

>Reminder that Rebecca is still the queen of modern western animation.
Man, western animation is really dead if the queen runs a show that refuses to stay on model.

The show was about Steven, a boy learning to control and use his powers that he got from his mother. He's kind of a alien/human hybrid. His Dad is a human and his mom is an alien race known as "Gems". (for some reason they all look like females and go by she/her "pronouns")

Over the course of the show, there's the somewhat looming threat of Homeworld coming to invade and Steven has pretty much mastered a lot of his powers at this point.

There's several flaws the show has:
*No real antagonists, and when there is one, they either do fucking nothing, get written off or are redeemed.
*Animation is VERY inconsistent, watch an episode from Season 1 and one from Season 4 and you'll see what I mean
*They take fucking forever to get to the point, they spend a lot of time with townie shit and hardly bother with anything interesting

Honestly, it only got so popular because of the muh lore and lgbtq themes.

The peak of its popularity was probably with the Season 1 finale in 2015...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaahahahaha...

this, but unironically

was posting that video supposed to be bait?

cause I liked it

It's a slice of life about a magical boy who lives with super powerful magical beings as his parents.

People want it to focus more on the space war stuff (which would be more exciting) but it's just supposed to be slice of life first.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS PAT

On tumblr in 2015 it was one of those things everyone told you to feel a certain way about even though you probably wouldn't exert as much emotion independently of others' opinions. Like the "geek cred" you get for hating the Star Wars prequels but with tumblr dykes

IT HAS FUSIONS
IT HAS ALIENS
IT HAS USELESS FILLER EPISODES
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

Hot aliens that can fuse into bigger, hotter, aliens.

Lapis is crapis.

I can't tell if this is a real Pat quote or not.

Case in point: Her work in Adventure Time was the high point of the series.
If given proper direction, she turn the most innocuous plot into an interesting character relationship analysis while making dope tunes to go with it

kek

>i think ur just mad cuz ur single

that line always pisses me off
it comes off so petty
so beneath garnet

its not, but its the truth and you know it

>AT is a better show

Look, SU is nothing special but Adventure Time is a shitty, meme cartoon.

I think it's a double entendre

Not just the idea of relationships
But the fact Garnet stronger via fusion, and Jasper is compensating for her lack of ability

i know you've probably grown up a lot since AT came out
and you're too cool to watch something that came out when you were in first grade
but it's still a great show, whether you're too naive and noobie to understand that

i take it as her using her knowledge of human culture and using it to mock another gem.

homeworld only use fusion as a means of power and hierarchy, where on earth its basically a physical manifestation of a relationship, not unlike a child or a really good relationship. a fusion as we are presented is two halfs but a greater result.

this moreso, this summarizes it better in fewer words. im to drunk to simplify things.

Mind games in a life or death fight is completely valid, you retard

Okay I love themes of family and love, but I've literally never watched a single episode of this.
Will I be satisfied if I just watch season 1?

no. god no.

i would like to see the perspective of someone bingeing the show. there's plenty of hiatus-centric complaints about resolutions not being worth the wait, or being mad that the show has a light/townie episode after a hiatus. that last one actually just happened recently - a group of episodes were released that were essentially the cooldown to a very dramatic arc, but people were disappointed because they were released 5 months after said dramatic arc. i feel as if that entire group of episodes would've been received much better had they been released just a few weeks after.

i would say yes, you would be satisfied if you watched season 1. but the show expands to bigger and better things imo, and i feel like it's worth at least watching up to where the show is now.

CN still airs this, I saw it a few days ago. Fuck it's so obnoxious, the song is passable but the overly dramatic cinematic focus on the fans is grating. Not to mention people in the crowd doing annoying actions and shit. It's embarrassing.

>muh "society" flip!!
>SU fan
of course

the beginning is the worst part of the whole series honestly

Yes, I also feel it's much about lovers scorned around here.
The "cooldown" arc we got was actually very dramatic by itself and showed off a lot of movement within the characters.
Not to go and count it all down, but the dynamics of the town have changed drastically. They have a grungy horror rock band now (that is confirmed for future apprearances and songs, and not to care about their bad reputation), the mayor changed, Pearl's silence on all things Diamonds has become clearer, Lapis disappeared and Peridot moved on, Steven and Connie had their first fight and made up. Kevin has even shown a bit of vulnerability and we may just have a lead yo Mystery Girl. Plus it's right back into a space battle in January.

It's a slow burn, m8. Watch Steven Universe if you just want something comfy and slice of lifey with occasional bouts of plot appearing from the surface like a whale blowing out water

Tumblr

>OMG THAT GUY POINTED OUT A CARTOON SUBVERTS THE EXPECTED ROLES FOR HUMOR
>WHAT A JACKASS

It's fucking fiction 101, which applies doubly in cartoons. Or did you not notice that in Gravity Falls it's the elder pair of siblings who don't get along, and have to learn from the younger set? Maybe you didn't notice in Futurama that when the main character finds refuge, he doesn't find it with a younger family member known for unorthodox ingenuity, or an older one known for kooky wisdom, but literally both?

Hell, maybe Family Guy is just too complicated for you, where the dog and the baby are the smartest people in the house. I

*queer

>Watch Steven Universe if you just want something boring with occasional bouts of plot appearing and disappearing as quickly as a faulty firework.

I love me some comfy shows, but the SU townies past season 1 are just lame. The humans are pretty one-dimensional and you rarely get to see them develop. I'd say Lars would be the exception, but his development was always on reset until the latest homeworld arc. Even then, we don't even see what he goes through to become "Lars of the Stars" because Steven was too busy whining about his gf ignoring him.