Reminder that this is what CN will look like on the last week of December

Thank God for the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CNschedules/status/942063857333342208
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?sgt=list&fromTimeInMillis=1514264400000&stnNum=12131&aid=zap2it
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

God has forsaken us...

I don’t even mind teen titans go but this is just too fucking far

at least its not Grandma got run over by a reindeer

How long until we finally get a solid week of ttg?
How long until it starts airing during Adult Swim?

Fucking lord.

Does this show really do that well for them or what? I mean there's justification for this insanity, right?

It's like they put the two SU episodes in there just because they were too embarrassed to have a full week of TTG.

Steven Universe is like our last bastion of resistance
Which means we're pretty much fucked

I wish that was airing. I wish ANY movie would be airing to break up this nonsense.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

This is not real, right?

I have no idea, but even if it did pull in good ratings, I can't imagine even its die hard fans staying for this absurdity. CN already falls behind Nick at Nite in terms of ratings, I can't imagine an entire week of this shit doing them any good.

I'm curious to see how those Steven Universe episodes do ratings wise, they're technically new to TV but they've been online for a month.

Unfortunately everyone will probably be scared away by TTG

The person making the schedules didn't make this, but this is what they said:

Unfortunately, yes.

The guy lurks Sup Forums, so the OP is legit.

Well fuck me sideways. CN should just change their name to TTGN.
This is fucking absurd, not since Spongebob has a channel rely so much on one single show. How much view does this show have to keep it going so strong?

Christina miller needs to be fucking butcherd

For the love of God, someone kill Miller already!

This is a new record, right?
This breaks 300, right?

It's an ad revenue scam. Ad revenue is highest for their highest rated show, but that's based on a per-show basis not on a timeslot basis. Since TTG is the show with the best ratings, they get to charge premium ad costs for almost every single slot. So long as TTG remains the show with the best ratings.

Its a trend in modern television to min-max the schedule to maximize ratings while praying that a new show comes along that can replace it before people get sick of it.

The last time the schedule was this bad was for the premiere week of OK K.O., but at least then the excuse was because of the NBTS special and they had OK KO and some movies to break it up.

This is it Sup Forums, this is why piracy is fully justified. Until you decide to stop giving cartoon network money this shit will keep happening

That doesn't really qualify as a scam. Definitely a poor long term business to make.

Way ahead of you buddy. I haven't had cable in years.

>Since TTG is the show with the best ratings
No its not. Everyone with half a brain hates it. There only playing it to spite us and trying to force us to like it because its cheaper for them

>It's an ad revenue scam.
Probably this.

Alternately, the actual owners of CN are intentionally trying to end the channel's existence because "business" reasons.

why dont we start a pirate tv station i used to frequent one a long time ago but recently they just closed up shop cause it was just a group of friends

this
shitty scheduling like this actually makes me miss Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer. nobody, N O B O D Y misses Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer.

>just

That isn't real right?
Like you even put in those two episodes of also-not-great to build onto the joke right?
>No

The fuck...

Speculation time. Let's suppose that TTG beats al other shows in ratings in direct comparisons for any given time slot. A simplistic analysis would suggest that ALL TTG ALL THE TIME would maximize overall ratings, and the scheduling seems to suggest that the people in charge subscribe to that idea. However, that doesn't necessarily follow due to systemic effects like oversaturation and loss of viewers who come for other shows and stick around. In this case, it's similar to the game theory exercise known as the Traveler's Dilemma, where players are incentivized to make incremental changes, but following that path soon leads to worse results than not going that way at all. If the scheduling situation is similar, this is probably the point at which it crashes and burns. Best case would probably be getting a whole new scheduling policy for the new year.

Cartoon network later makes a new channel dedicated to nothing but TTG

Why Aren't they aligned properly?
REEEEEEEE

This is like those fantasy dystopian future scenarios where everything is grey and drab and there's only one media content that dominates everything because The State approves it and the main characters snaps his fingers and goes "DUDE SNAP OUT OF IT that'll never happen"
but then it happened to Cartoon Network

>Let's suppose that TTG beats al other shows in ratings in direct comparisons for any given time slot.
But it doesnt. I honetly think there doing this trying to fuck with us and brainwash us to like this shit show becasue its cheaper to make and to make us lower out standards

If true, this is a phenomenally stupid policy.

Are we staring into the event horizon here? Feels like we've into a dimension of pure madness here.

what's with the 2 steven universe episode? Is that a contractual thing?

I did the fucking calculations:
>Teen Titans Go! - 397 airings = 99.4%
>Steven Universe - 2 airings = 0.005%

They have to be on contract to play the new SU episode or they would have filled it with another TTG episode

>Free Market Capitalism in action

People give US citizens a lot of shit for not being impatient, but goddamn if this hasn't proved them wrong.

People in France would genuinely march if they felt their culture was being suffocated or euthanised roughly with a pillow.

>inb4 cartoons aren't part of culture

They arguably are for most countries, and definitely are for the US.

This is what cultural death in a media source looks like; not building anything new of your own, and not diversifying via other sources.

*Not being patient

JUST

It's not free market capitalism it's "incompetent executives who don't understand how media works and only crunch numbers".

Same with disney raping star wars, i think the government should step in when media companies ruin franchises/channels and kill those responsible. State run media would be higher quality then this shit or the dumpster fire that was TLJ. Fuck the free market and fuck american business turning into weyland yutani and getting away scott free because we have a 1% orange cock sucker in office

theyre new eps, i think its contractual

Thats exactly what free market is at this point. They want to make the cheapest most horrible shit and shove it down your face without any other option. Disney buying fox shouldve been blocked by the government

>State run media
Oh my god.

Oh my god you are fucking retarded.

>without any other option
Except that the other option is the fucking internet dummy. TV is fucking dying. You're acting like television has carte blanche to put out the worst shit possible because there's no competition, but there's more competition than ever and they're losing drastically.

Both nazi germany and soviet union had state run media

>People in France would

the French actually have a culture to speak of. USA has McDonalds and Coca Cola.

>genuinely march if they felt their culture was being suffocated or euthanised roughly with a pillow.

...have you been on the streets of Paris lately?

Jesus Christ and all the saints

>tv
this is what a dying channel looks like in the internet era

Why the fuck no Christmas shows/movies?

yikes dude

>it's another people who don't have cable.complain about the airing schedule thread

You illegal streaming fags are the only ones whom are bothered by live airing schedules you know that right?

Your fucking retarded for thinking this shits better. Fuck off you corperate faggot
>TV is fucking dying
No its not tech fag. I know you say that so you can sound so hip and trendy but people will always watch tv. Streaming is unviable because streaming channels loose a shit ton of money.

underrated

I still have cable, I used to watch a lot of CN before TTG took over.

I still watch it, but very rarely now.

most countries have state-funded media at least, maybe that's what he means?

>...have you been on the streets of Paris lately?
have you?

>last bastion of defense which was placed there by the same people doing the offense
>he thinks he has any say or influence at all as a viewer

This is fucking cancer. How does CN justify still airing Steven Universe.

It's literally the only thing CN has going for other than treating TTG as the Messiah.

They have to because contract

>Fuck off you corperate faggot
How about you kill yourself you authoritarian communist cunt. You think the government cares about making quality content and won't just shill for the cheapest shit? They have enough trouble managing the bureaucracy and cutting costs do you actually fucking think they would care about quality for the media?

You're a naive fucking twat.

The French have a law that maintains that 40% of the broadcast time of their radio stations have to be traditionally French.

This law effectively killed all aspiring French radio DJs because they only played the same generic 10 songs over and over again.

Wanna know how I know you don't have cable?

Not really, because I do have cable and you don't believe me because I'm some random jackass on the internet who could easily lie about anything.

Holy shit. They have to know this is beyond oversaturation, right?

The only good thing about this is that kids will get VERY sick of the show and either it or CN itself will die.

Either way, we won't have TTG for much longer

Why do they keep doing this? I love the show but this... this is cancer. And it needs to fucking stop

I hear people talk about how Johnny Test got aired a fuckton back in the day, was it ever as bad as this?

You kill yourself you CN defending cuckold. I dont care if the quality is like public access shit, it would be more entertaining then waffle jokes or robin shitting his pants. I honestly dont care, i just want to see american media suffer for ruining itself, even if its replaced by shit the thought of miller or disney execs screaming like a child while being gutted in a govnement gulag makes me hard.

Forget cancelling Teen Titans Go, why hasn't Cartoon Network been cancelled for this bullshit?

i only ever watched johnny test when it was first premiering on abc on saturday mornings once it got moved to CN i stopped i was like 9

>those quads

never like this
it was on all the time, but we still had looney tunes in the day time

Those TRIPS!

>Last bastion of resistance
>Implying Miller wont put it in the weekend pile of doom once Adventure Time is done wasting their precious TTGo timeslots

From someone who dislikes SU, you should've known this by now.

i didn't think it would come to this
i'd have to side with Steven Universe and Satan

Nothing has ever been this bad before.

>Everyone who disagrees with me is a commie
Aren't you supposed to be dead McCarthy?

>They're not evey airing the episodes in order
why

tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?sgt=list&fromTimeInMillis=1514264400000&stnNum=12131&aid=zap2it

I imagine the whole office at CN going on some cruise for that week and they just pressed the TTG marathon button on their way out of the office.

This can't be real. Please tell me this is just a shoop.

How do we let CN know we hate this? Does any of the execs have a twitter we can harass?

Is it still a Network if they only air ONE cartoon?

It's a cartoon so they're still cartoon network

I'm not defending CN you stupid fuck. Handing the media over from a bunch of business execs who know nothing about media to a bunch paperworked bureaucrats who know nothing about media solves fucking nothing.

And you're goddamn retarded if you think this is the end of the world. They make stupid movies and bad TV shows this is far from the worst thing that a corporation has ever done. Monsanto is fucking evil as shit, they sue their own farmers and customers whenever they don't rebuy seeds from them every year and were the company that developed fucking Agent Orange, Blackwater is a PMC that LITERALLY commits war crimes and the entirety of the military industrial complex profits off of conflicts and actively encourages them for more money but here you are whining about how Disney was the worst ever because ruined Star Wars for you.

Fuck you. Get some fucking perspective.

Their main audience is kids, they don't give a fuck about what we think.

Do you really think kids deserve this? Don't you think kids deserve better?

>confirmed by quads

Fuck

TTG shills need to be fucking banned and doxxed so people can hunt them down for the retarded man children that they are and kill them

Is this worse than that time CN thought having live action programming would be a good idea? I honestly don't know.

CN looked so hopeful as a channel back in 2011-2013 when they finally fucked off with live action and put out (for the most part) great cartoons. Where did it all go wrong?

No, but kids are probably going to YouTube or Netflix to watch shit instead, they still have other options.

Fuck you retard, i only want revenge of shitsney for ruining star wars and the rest of hollywood for making shit entertainment the past few years. If media will never be good again might as well hand it over to the government so we can get retribution on those who ruined it in the first place.

beautiful

>State run media would be higher quality
Google "Cookie Jar Group" and look what state run media gets you.