Can we all come together and be happy this trilogy won't happen now? It was going to be awful anyway

Can we all come together and be happy this trilogy won't happen now? It was going to be awful anyway.

This movie will still come out but yes I'm very happy that this version of xmen will finally die

The first movie yes, but they were planning on 3 of them.

It was gonna be good. Fuck off.

Get ready for the Marvel Comedy Shit. When it happens, don't bitch. Faggots

I have a feeling that this movie is going to be horrible given that the Disney deal has effectively canceled the movie following it. It'd be like ending the Star Wars trilogy at Empire Strikes back.

>this trilogy
>but they were planning on 3 of them.
What in the fuck are you talking about?
I haven't heard a single thing to suggest another film was planned after Dark Phoenix.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is an upcoming American superhero film based on Marvel Comics' X-Men characters, distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is intended to be the thirteenth installment in the X-Men film series, and the beginning of a new X-Men trilogy

A fucking Wikipedia article isn't accurate.
I check comic/movie news every single day and never seen a official release/statement mention it.

It's over FoX-Men shill. Your shitty movies are done.

Based Mouse will give us REAL X-Men movies.

They were planing on using the new team for a good while. After DOFP, Apocalypse was basically them going "Okay this is the fresh start"

Kill yourself
The fox xmen is shit and needs a reboot.

Faggot thinks MCU is good.

Which means nothing now that Disney is in charge. Fox xmen is kill. Deal with it.

It is
You are the minority here

Better and more successful than FoX-Men

Triggered MCUfaggot is insecure.

>It was gonna be good. Fuck off.
I bet you also like X3.

So, with Xmen coming home, I think they can now pull off a proper Onslaught arc for phase 4 or 5 leading into Thunderbolts.

I bet you think Ironman 2, Thor 1 & 2, AOU & Homecoming are masterpieces right?

I didn't even know this was gonna be a trilogy until just now. I'd rather have that trash than a media monopoly though. I really hope Disney fucks this movies up even worse somehow and they stop making these endless superhero movies for awhile. Won't happen but a man can dream.

Insecure about what? A billion dollar franchise that already has movies planned for the next 20 years?? Yes I'm very insecure about the longevity of my precious mcu. How will they possibly survive??

Keep telling yourself that casual comedyfag.

>Onslaught
Didn't he effectively kill X Men comics in the 90s?

Can't help but notice your missing a few titles there. Din't know why, C-men origins is one of the most entertaining movies in that series.

>leaves out X3 and Origins
Nice cheery picking

They'll probably fast track 2 and 3 filming them simultaneously before the transition and merger is finalized. Gambit is going to start filming soon as well.

Feige says there's no changes to Phase 4 (Secret Invasion) anyways putting the first X-flick at 2023-25

Logan was the best Xmen movie so far, and better than any Gisnep Marvel movie.Expect Gisnep to just use the rights to put more Xmen characters in their shitty avenger movies.

No he killed the Avengers.

what's stopping Disney from using them?

It's directed by the guy that directed the back half of Fant4Stic.
You fuck off.

Will Marvel stop shitting on Cyclops now?

>Based Mouse will give us REAL X-Men movies.

just like they gave you the real Tony Stark
just like they gave you the real Mandarin
just like they gave you the real star lord
just like they gave you the real gamora
just like they gave you the real Dr Strange
just like they gave you the real Zemo
just like they gave you the real...:sigh:...Thor....

> I legitimately can't understand how someone thinks the MCU movies are better than "most" of the X-men movies. Plus, the x-men movies already have an identity which is about acceptance of being different. Now its just gonna be cringe humor along with almost no character development just like they did with the warriors 3. ehh whatever the movies were getting better (logan, deadpool, DOFP), now they'll be downright retarded for simplistic retards.

>MUH MANDARIN
>MUH STAR LORD
>MUH GAMORA

jesus what a fucking faggot

I hope not. I used to hate Cyclops but ever since they stated shitting on him and trying to turn him into Hitler he's become my favorite Marvel character and is more likeable now then ever. I hate to imagine how much of a piece of shit he would be if they tried to make him a good guy again.

There's a very good chance that you never gave a single shit about The Mandarin character to begin with, so why are you pretending now? And I'm not saying that as a defense force for Disney, I'm just confused by the flock of "They ruined ___!" when most people never even heard of them until recently

fool, I am responding to the og claim made that Disney will give you the REAL x-men and I gave ample proof that is DEFINITELY not the case. Whether me or anybody gives a shit is besides the point. The X-men will get worse and worse and you and I both know it.

nice argument, you win.

Please tell me Disney isn't going to cancel or butcher New Mutants

I raise you a Thor Dark world and Dr. Strange Plus Iron Man 2&3, now fuck off comedyfag.

Not him, but I'd settle for a youthful original 5 vs government agencies trying to weaponize them, and rogue groups of mutants trying to lash out at humanity in general.

I think the Uncanny X-Men should wait a few years, I think the "mobs with pitchforks" shit should largely be abandoned (I'm ok with groups of Westboro Baptist-style fanatics).

I think Wolverine deserves a rest as a character, due to respect for Jacked Man's great performance of him.

I think all of the X-Men runs had flaws to them, and I don't expect the MCU to slavishly adhere to them. Not a single comic book movie outside of Sin City has followed the comics verbatim.

I think you are an angry little guy who likes to pick gripes like scabs.

All of those are notably better then x3 and VASTLY better then Origins.
And Strange isn't bad or even poor and is notably better then the other 3 Mcus you mention.

>Original 5
What is with this meme lately? The original 5 sucked and you know it. And if anyone needs a rest, its fucking Jean, Mystique, and Magneto.

Also Doc Strange isn't even that comedic.
It's probably the most serious Mcu film after Winter Soldier & Civil War.

he probably meant as if you know there will be 0 character development, the franchise will TAKE NO RISKS (Logan, Deadpool, New Mutants) and the new xmen movies will be just a dumbed down version of the 90's series. So enjoy user.

It had 3 quips and that makes it a Monty Python episode to certain types on the far end of the spectrum.

>All of those are notably better then x3 and VASTLY better then Origins.

KEK

trash is TRASH user.

>Strange isn't bad or even poor

IS WORSE, is forgettable.

I think TLJ fans are gonna cry themselves to sleep after looking a THIS.

Damn. I dont like TLJ all that much but seeing this hurt even me. Shit.

Fox X-Men had almost zero character development over decades of film, and that's for the X-Men that actually got characterization at all or even lines.

Or are you comparing it to the DCEU? Where Batman evolved from being a sociopathic cape-hunter to a weepy "I always luved Clark, he was a better dood than me" bi-polar faggot?

It's fascinating how many "forgettable" films we end up discussing with you, Raging DC Autist user. Were someone to make a Dr Strange thread tomorrow, you'd be right there picking away at it. No one has forgotten it.

I like how you left out all the garbage films.

>I think you are an angry little guy who likes to pick gripes like scabs.

and I think you have MCU tunnel vision.if you honestly think what little depth the movies had will remain once Disney gets their hands on them. They will be empty vessels with no substance and its cool if thats your thing but frankly speaking, is not mine. I dont even mind marvel but I prefer diversity over the same routine everytime.

if I see a "Succesful" dr strange thread then yeah you will be right but it wont, so you are wrong. And dude, people talk about Dr. Strange but GTFO if you think people actually discuss the movie the way they discuss other movies like deadpool, mos, logan or even fucking james bond which is almost capeshit by now.

What makes me curious is, if First Class were such an audience-beloved movie, why did it do so shittily at the box office? Even adjusted, it did very poor box office.
Where was the word of mouth?
Why do these anti-MCU autismos flip-flop on Rotten Tomatoes mattering? Shouldn't audience actually showing up for it matter more?
They pull Jacked Man from one film and it's a total bust.

?

Logan was this very year, my friends consider Man of Steel a joke, and I've only heard Deadpool discussion because he's dropping weird trailers for the sequel.

It's the same thing on Sup Forums. I can't speak for what the voices in your skull are talking about.

He also left out Apocalypse.

But desu, I dont the the MCU will retcon the Xmen or reboot it, at least not so soon. 6 good movies and only 3 bad ones is a pretty good track record. And Deadpool outsold a lot of movies. Not to mention that Deadpool can easily fit in the MCU.

My hunch us that they will see how the Phoenix movies does. If its better than Apocalypse, Disney will not throw the baby out with the bathwater. It was easier with Spider-man as he was one hero - the X-men are a group and would make it more challenging

Not sure how this became a Star Wars discussion but whatever.

I guess reverse goodwill from older films like Justice League. It didn't convert new fans but reinforced old ones.

The only real discussion of Deadpool this year has been Sup Forumsluters complaining about Domino.

The only Man of Steel discussion has been trigger threads for you to type up your gigantic diatribes about how it wasn't as stupidly made as the rest of us believe.

What?

apart from storm ( she had only a little in the second movie) we got an inside peek into their lives and what made them tick. Even fucking Ice man had one with his family in X2.

>Raging DC Autist user
Not the guy your responding to but stop assuming your talking with a individual in these threads.
I am a massive defender of the Dceu and I have never been on threads complaining about the Mcu, I like the Mcu a ton I just like Mos more.

why are you bringing DC into this? lol paranoid much mouseketeer ?

>He also left out Apocalypse.
Its good, x3 is ok to poor-ish, origins is trash.

Brother, I own all the X-Men films. Don't try to sell me on the characterization for anyone who wasn't Xavier/Magneto/Wolverine and later Mystique.
Bobby's entire character was "handsome boyfriend".

>KEK
>trash is TRASH user.
No it really isn't. There are many fucking layers of quality good & bad.
Something that qualifies as trash has virtually nothing good about it.
A film that has 50/50 good and bad stuff within it isn't trash and Strange has alot more good in it then just 50%.

>why didn't First Class do well?

Remember, it was following X3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Foxsilver solo film where he gets a QT boyfriend WHEN?

It did do well tho. It completely revitalized the brand.

The premise was laid forth that the MCU will not develop their characters (patently ridiculous, the hero characterizations have been what's kept the MCU afloat through so-so villains and fairly routine origin plots).
Contrasting it to Fox and WB seems totally fair.
Sony has only ever built upon one character, unless you count Osborne Jr.

Does this trigger your company war ptsd? Are you going to call me a cuck now?

It did incredibly poorly in theaters, and the X-Men franchise only regained momentum because the next film was a Wolverine centerpiece.

>Logan was this very year,

So, whats your point?

>my friends consider Man of Steel a joke,

t. drone, cant think for yourself

>and I've only heard Deadpool discussion because he's dropping weird trailers for the sequel.

everytime Reynolds farts there are 10 threads here about deadpool, so whats your point?

enjoy your sanitized x-men user.

I answered who claimed otherwise.

>he's Bobby who is played by Quickslav

>only regained momentum because the next film was a Wolverine centerpiece.

huh? No you forgetful faggot, it regained momentum because they brought the whole cast back including based Stewart. While the Jackman def helped a lot, it was seeing the old cast mix with the new that had people curious.

Comic book movies are always discussed in the same year they come out. There haven't Logan threads on Sup Forums on any basis for months. Really since well before Wonder Woman.

>t. drone, cant think for yourself
You were the very person who BROUGHT UP "what people are talking about". Are you drunk?

There are threads every time new set pictures or teasers are released. That's completely normal around here.

The only cape movie in theaters that rarely gets discussed is the LAST one, because it triggers the holy fuck out of you when we give it the banter it richly deserves.

Why are you being irrational?

>Phase 4 (Secret Invasion)

Were they quietly planning the Fox deal ages ago, since that requires Skrulls.

>Does this trigger your company war ptsd?

does it trigger yours? cause you brought up those other companies. I am just talking about the future of the x-men franchise under mouse rule here, not whether X,Y,Z company sucks at it worse than the other.....cuck.

>You were the very person who BROUGHT UP "what people are talking about". Are you drunk?

Are you high? All I said was Dr strange is forgettable AF and YOU started by saying that people still talk about it?

I am being irrational? top kek

I liked Dr.Strange and it even made me try the comics, you guys are so bitter I swear.
Before you get triggered I'm typically a DC comicfag and don't care about comic book movies beyond them being fun to watch.

The only Xmen I want from Marvel is an Xmen in line with the 90s cartoon.

So Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee, Beast, Storm, Jean and Cyclops

marvel has always had skrull rights

just not super-skrull

This is literally the perfect lineup, the only one I don't see making the MCU movie is Rogue, if the X-Men are in play Mystique has to be the villain for Captain Marvel 2, and I think X-Men will be out before that movie is made.

I would personally add Colossus, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Bishop to add diversity and Doop (to sell plushies) they can get captured or go on a different mission in the B-Plot

save Shadowcat and Emma for the New Mutants/Generation X and make that the TV show that replaces the Gifted.

I really love the mall scene. I would have been happy with an entire movie in that tone, just watching the young X-Men bond see how they survive together when they're thrown into the shit. Instead that bitch Singer cuts it to focus on the neverending Xavier/Magneto shit, treat JLaw like some kind of icon, shoehorn Logan in and show a lot of terrible CGI. Now Dumbass Kinberg wants to jump ahead 10 years after barely establishing the young X-Men and now we just have to accept that they're an experienced team and watch 19 year olds act like grown-ups. I've been disappointed since 1999 and I just hope that the X-Men will someday be done justice.

7 movies out of 10 being good is a really nice result.

>they were planning on 3 of them.
Who cares, the 3 big asctors, Fassbender, Mcavoy and Lawrence aren't tied to Fox because they agree to negotiate film to film and the three together in order to get more money if the flim doesn't bomb, so now, all the small actors are fucked

Rotten tomatoes says otherwise. And I liked Apocalypse.

>Based Mouse will give us REAL X-Men movies.

only with THICC Ororo and Jean
without that, they gonna sucks like the Fox movies

>And I liked Apocalypse.